Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

"Well, the interrogation team are on their way back here without a hitch. As for the others, Byron stated his distaste for handing out in sewers. So he has left to go 'acquire' us a new base of operations." Mantis remarked, whilst he was busy downloading the information into his helmet.

"At least its keeping them occupied for the time being." Caspian said casually, looking at a progress bar on the laptop, suddenly a sound of joy could be heard from Mantis.

"Oh. This is beautiful..."

"Indeed, some of the information that Stefan found was pretty beautiful; but we hadn't had the chance to look through it all before wwe arrived back. So, anything of interest?" Caspian asked with a curious tone, intriguied as to what Mantis descirbed as 'beautiful'.

"Indeed, some of the information that Stefan found was pretty beautiful; but we hadn't had the chance to look through it all before wwe arrived back. So, anything of interest?"

"Oh...this. This is the masterkey. Every organized gang in the country that Black knows about. Names of leaders. Where they stay. And which ones should not be arrested...

Well that is preplexing. Guess he needs a few around to the people think they still need him. But this is good. I know exactly how to use this"

"Oh...this. This is the masterkey. Every organized gang in the country that Black knows about. Names of leaders. Where they stay. And which ones should not be arrested...

Well that is preplexing. Guess he needs a few around to the people think they still need him. But this is good. I know exactly how to use this." Mantis almost sounded like he was in ectstacy over the information that had been discovered on the laptop; but there was also a brief moment of confusion, but that quickly passed.

"Quite; you can't show off how you can bring justice to criminals, if there aren't any criminals to arrest. And, do my ears decieve me, or do I sense the beginnings of a plan being formulated? Is there anything else you need dealing with, or is it best to wait until the others have returned from their missions." Caspian asked politely, and not sounding bored over a lack of something to do, just wondering if there was something else that had to be done.

"Quite; you can't show off how you can bring justice to criminals, if there aren't any criminals to arrest. And, do my ears decieve me, or do I sense the beginnings of a plan being formulated? Is there anything else you need dealing with, or is it best to wait until the others have returned from their missions."

"Hmm. Well there is one thing you can do. See, I've been in contact with some freelancers working in this country. They dont really do business with me more than they have to. But if we give them the dirt off of that laptop, I'm sure they'll see it as a show of good faith and join up with us."

"So what do you think Oliver? Is that good enough to hide our trail?".

He quickly removed any evidence of them leaving the house or the car being parked outside.

"It is now" He said, "I best call Mantis and tell him our mission was a success"

No doubt the would go back to living in that miserable sewer until the next mission and so on, as long as they were still indebted to Mantis and his shadowy organization, it was better then being dead, or a captive of President Black, but he didn't like being used. He picked up the communicator and called up Mantis.

"Mantis, the mission was a success, we're on our way back now"

Byron slowed down and took a right off the motorway. After a couple of minutes driving up what seemed like a small hill they arrived on a fairly big plateau. There was nothing on this plateau except a pretty big mansion. Byron drove the car and stopped outside the garage door. The mansion was pretty big, the parking lots were plenty and the view was nice. "Here it is." Byron said at last. "This mansion used to belong to a gang that went against my brother and long story short he had them wiped out. I sometimes used this abandoned mansion as a safehouse when I had business in the area. Sebastian never bothered repairing this place, since he cleared it out. I guess nobody wanted to move into an ex-gang hideout. So the inside might not look like much at the moment, could be loads of charred furniture, but other than that it has everything you could possibly want. It has somewhere around 10 rooms, with 2 big dining rooms, a nice spacious kitchen and some other rooms I can't recall right now. Oh and it even has a helipad, fancy that. Now could you please go and check around inside and make sure we don't have any hobos or anything else living here? I have to call Mantis."

Byron left the car and walked to the edge of the plateau. Taking out his communicator, he called Mantis. "Mantis, I think I found you a house, beach side property no less, although I would take the furniture you have inside your sewer just in case."

"Wow, Mantis was right, subtlety really isn't our strong suit."

"Now could you please go and check around inside and make sure we don't have any hobos or anything else living here? I have to call Mantis."

Of bloody course you do, Calvin thought. He stood up out of the car and was almost blinded by the sudden rush of pain to his head. "Jesus, that hurts," he groaned. He leaned on the car to steady himself for a moment, and then headed up the steps to the front door, which was unlocked. Entering, he found himself in a large hall with doors lining the walls on either side and a wide, sweeping staircase leading to the upper levels.

The gang had not been kind to their lair. Graffiti covered the walls, and the tarnished suit of armour standing on a dais by one of the doors was missing both arms and its helmet. There were bottles, soiled clothes and discarded food items everywhere. If vagrants were indeed living here, they hadn't bothered doing any cleaning, because the whole place smelled like shit. The carpets were stained and torn, and sections of the bannister on the stairs had been broken off. Looking up, Calvin saw a hole in the ceiling. A crow perched on its edge cawed down at him.

He shrugged and went to try opening one of the doors, idly thinking that he should probably wash his hands when they got back to base. The door, warped by damp, was stuck in its frame and wouldn't open. Calvin booted it open, and stumbled back cursing as a scruffy-looking cat jumped at his face, hissing and spitting all the while. There was nothing in here. A search of all the other rooms on the ground level and the upstairs yielded no results except for a few more angry cats and one very confused-looking dog.

After concluding his search of the kitchen, he saw a door that he presumed led down to the cellar. He pulled the door open, and was hit with a blast of chemical fumes. After a brief coughing fit, he pulled his t-shirt up over his nose and mouth and went back inside. This did little to help, and the throbbing in his head was getting worse. Feeling dizzy, he kept going, and began to hear voices. He strained his ears, but the were speaking too low for him to hear.

Just as he was beginning to wonder if the mumbling was some kind of hallucination on his part, he came to the part of the cellar where the wine was kept. Wending his way through shelves covered in dusty and for the most part, empty bottles, the voices grew louder, and the fumes stronger.

He realised then that the speakers were talking in some foreign language. Calvin didn't know which one, but it was very harsh sounding. The noise was coming from his left. He turned to peer through the shelf, and saw several tables set up with what looked like chemistry equipment set up on them. Calvin knew enough about drugs to know what he was seeing, and he found out the reason that the words had been so garbled was that the speakers were wearing gas masks. He wondered why they hadn't reacted, but they were all talking and looking intently at their equipment, seemingly oblivious to all around them.

As the room was starting to sway at this point, Calvin turned and stumbled out of the cellar and back outside, coughing all the way. When he got back to the car, Byron was on the phone with Mantis. Calvin walked up to him.

"Hey Byron. I've checked it all out. First off, the place is a wreck and repairing it will cost a fortune. No hobos, but there's a cat infestation and a small-scale meth lab in the basement."

"Hmm. Well there is one thing you can do. See, I've been in contact with some freelancers working in this country. They don't really do business with me more than they have to. But if we give them the dirt off of that laptop, I'm sure they'll see it as a show of good faith and join up with us."

"Indeed, having people on our side to assist will certainly make things easier for us in the long run; especially when something calls for a larger show of numbers. But can they be trusted not to spread this information around to other freelancers and/or gangs? I know this may sound like I don't trust you Mantis, I am simply being cautious; you know how the loyalty of freelancers and mercenaries can be easily bought.

However, if you think that they can be trusted, upload their location, and I shall see to it that they get the information." Caspian said, treating this as a matter for concern, and he was right, loyalty in the form of a mercenary can be easily bought; he himself had experienced it once or twice, but not him personally.

"However, if you think that they can be trusted, upload their location, and I shall see to it that they get the information."

"Well if you're up to it then..."

Calls began coming in from the other teams and Mantis clicked a few buttons to bring them up on seperate comms.

"Just a moment please"

The first call came in from Byron.

"Mantis, I think I found you a house, beach side property no less, although I would take the furniture you have inside your sewer just in case."

"Excellent. I'll start making preperations right away"

Mantis clicked over to Oliver on the other comm

Mantis, the mission was a success, we're on our way back now"

"Good news. We're moving out. Byron appears to have found you all a new home outside this sewer. You'll just need to pick your stuff up from here and make your way there"

When Mantis was done, he turned back to Caspin.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, I'll upload their location into the car you were just using. It shouldnt be too hard to find them. One of the man guys working with them is very...distinct"

"Well if you're up to it then..." Mantis began to say before a flurry of calls from the other teams came pouring in, calling for his attention to be diverted elsewhere for the time being.

"Just a moment please." Caspian didn't feel the need to respond to that, seeing as how the calls must of been important. He could only catch snippets of what was being said though.

"Excellent. I'll start making preparations right away." Mantis said, his voice sounding joyful.

"Good news. We're moving out. Byron appears to have found you all a new home outside this sewer. You'll just need to pick your stuff up from here and make your way there." When Mantis was done, his attention had returned to Caspian.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, I'll upload their location into the car you were just using. It shouldn't be too hard to find them. One of the man guys working with them is very...distinct."

"Right, well it seems everything is going swimmingly. If you load up the coordinates to this new base of operations we will be at, I can rendezvous with you and the others when I am done with the information delivery. I'll be sure to grab my stuff before we leave, wouldn't want to lose anything important." Caspian remarked, his locket shining briefly as a testament to this.

"Two questions; one, what are you going to do with this place now we have a more attractive home to live in? Two, this is somewhat connected but, what are we going to do about Stefan, and more importantly, how is he going to get there?"

"Hey Byron. I've checked it all out. First off, the place is a wreck and repairing it will cost a fortune. No hobos, but there's a cat infestation and a small-scale meth lab in the basement.

Byron thought about it for a minute. "Too bad, Mantis seems so happy about this that he is getting ready to move his stuff so we better get this place sorted."

He walked towards the car and opened the trunk. Taking his sword out he told Calvin, "Well first things first. Let's go clear out that meth lab. Then I guess we could start moving the crap from the inside out here so we can burn what we don't need. Plus I bet it can't be that bad, spray a little Febreeze inside and you won't smell anything afterwards."

Byron headed towards the door and opened. A strong stench hit his nose. "Well, the scent certainly changed since the last time I was here. Might want to make that two crates of Febreeze just in case."

He headed in and looked around the Main Hall, waiting for Calvin to lead the way.

"Well, come on..."

"Well, come on..."

Calvin sighed. The headache was only just starting to subside, and now it would be back in spades. He slipped past Byron into the house. He led the way into the kitchen, and paused at the door. Turning to face Byron, he said, "It's about 20 yards from the bottom the stairs, on the left hand side in the wine section. There's about 3 or 4 of them and they're wearing gas masks."

He unholstered his revolver and started down the stairs. Thank god I didn't bring incendiary rounds, the explosion doesn't bear thinking about, he thought. He was getting light headed again. I'll be on the floor in a few minutes, best do this quickly.

He found the way back to the drug makers easily. Now he had a clear line of sight, he saw there were 4 of them. He gave Byron a quick nod and they took positions on opposite sides of the aisle. Calvin held up 3 fingers and put them down one by one.

The drug makers didn't even see them coming. The gas masks restricted their vision too much and muffled the sounds they heard. One made a move to reach for a shotgun on a nearby table, but was dead before he even touched it.

Holstering his gun, Calvin motioned upwards. Hurrying back upstairs, he greedily gulped down fresh air. After a few seconds, he faced Byron.

"Ok that takes care of our druggie problem, what now?"

"Ok that takes care of our druggie problem, what now?"

"I can see you're not feeling well so you can go find a place to lie down." Byron turned around and surveyed the hall. "In the meantime I will start taking out and burning some of this junk."

And so Byron started taking out the rubbish, the rotten chairs and cushions and everything which was bad about the house in an attempt to get rid of it before the others arrived.

"Two questions; one, what are you going to do with this place now we have a more attractive home to live in? Two, this is somewhat connected but, what are we going to do about Stefan, and more importantly, how is he going to get there?"

"huh. I have no idea. Probably blow it up. I have ton of extra explosives for some reason. And You dont have to worry about Stefan. I'll talk to him after you go and work something out with him. Is that all you needed?"

"Huh. I have no idea. Probably blow it up. I have ton of extra explosives for some reason. And you don't have to worry about Stefan. I'll talk to him after you go and work something out with him. Is that all you needed?" Mantis responded with after taking a brief look around the room. Caspian could tell that the man wasn't concerned about this place, then again, it was most likely only a temporary setup to begin with.

"Yeah, that was all. I'll just make a quick trip down to medical to talk things over, then I'll head out to these coordinates." Caspian said, before heading out towards the room, and making his way towards the medical department. Despite its size, the place seemed equipped enough to deal with a variety of cases; although nothing that required any major surgery. He could see that Stefan was busy fixing himself up with the aid of an assistant. Many of the injuries he had sustained during their mission looked fixed, but they'd still need some time to heal.

"Hell Stefan, glad to see your looking better." Caspian said with a smile as he entered the room.

"Ah, Caspian, good to see you. I trust Mantis was pleased with the laptop and its information?"

"More like over he was the moon. Listen, we got a status update from one of the other teams. It seems like they found us a more permanent base of operations, something with a little more style and substance than this. Mantis is getting ready to get out of here. I on the other hand have a matter of business to attend to, one that will hopefully net us some allies in the future."

"Cool, just give me a minute, and I'll come with." Stefan remarked, whilst a medic was busy stitching up a cut. This caused him to grunt in pain. Caspian smirked at this moment.

"Whilst I appreciate the help Stefan, you've still got injuries to recover from; and fortunately this is one assignment I can handle by myself. Mantis should be down here once I've gone to talk to you about a means of transport."

"Okay then, well thanks for checking up on me Caspian. Glad someone did."

"Anytime. Now I've got to go. Hope to see you soon." Caspian then gave the man a quick salute, before heading back towards the garage, getting into the car again, and setting off for his next destination."

Byron had sent them the coordinates to an old mansion out of town, they wouldn't be arriving there until the evening at the latest. At least it was better then going back to that dingy sewer. But he hated long car journeys, and he had nothing to keep him occupied, not even a book. He could do some research on that militia captain, it would be easy to find out everything about that man's life, he was on Blacks pay roll after all, you'd think with nearly unlimited funds his computer systems would have better security.

What really piqued his interest though was the mystery man's identity, he had kept his face hidden the entire time, made sure that he kept the group in dark to who his associates might be, and had taken every precaution not to be identified. It was a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. However, Oliver could estimate his approximate height and weight using the bric-a-brac he had surrounded himself with. Knowing that he could cross reference it with the information he had on the organisations he suspected being connected to him.

"Wonderful," he thought, "You're identity won't be secret for long"

"It is now. I best call Mantis and tell him our mission was a success" Jacob nodded "Sounds like a plan." Jacob kept his eyes on the road driving away from the explosion. He didn't want to be caught, especially not after going through the trouble of hiding their trail. "Mantis, the mission was a success, we're on our way back now"

Jacob got the coordinates to a old mansion. "It beats living in the sewer, don't you think Oliver?" Jacob kept driving it would take a while before they reached the mansion, but he didn't mind. Long car rides were the perfect time for him to relax and think. Jacob kept driving in silence, Oliver seemed to be busy with researching something and the doctor was quiet.

After a while Jacob saw that they were close to the mansion. He turned around "Oliver we are almost there."

Caspian was headed towards Lower Evreux. It's a very upscale neighborhood that rich lived. Although the rich also included the gangsters living comfortably in the power vacuum Black was making. The coordinates lead Caspian to a gated community strangely enough. Though it wasn't like security was all that high. Getting in would be easy. The hard part would be getting two feet within the freelancers' homes without being shot.

Nicolas Morel. 34 years old, and a veteran in the Grand Pacific Conflict in 2194. This man, interestingly enough, didn't go into law enforcement after the war. He instead went completely off the grid and started hunting down gang members. Not for any particular gang himself, but for his own personal vendetta. He has a teenage daughter living in the Bolis area. His wife is deceased. Cause unknown. How he got back into military life remains a mystery.

As Caspian followed the co-ordinates through Lower Evreux, he looked around at all the high class housing that dotted the landscape; part of him was amazed, but then he realised how one could so easily afford this kind of lifestyle, crime. He linked up the data that he and Stefan retrieved from the building earlier that day to the satellite navigation, and saw that a couple of the targets on Black's list was in this area. But there was one in particular that he had to head to.

'I guess with enough money and influence, you can pretty much buy your way into any echelon of society that you desire.' Caspian told himself, as he arrived at the coordinates that the navigation lead him to. He remained inside the car as he looked at the mansion with a large letter V on the side, and saw the numerous security guards that were patrolling it. From the looks of their gear, they were mostly private security contractors; mixture of mercenaries and ex-military to be precise.

"This is going to be difficult to get in without being shot; but also I have no idea as to where this guy is likely to be. Better call Mantis." Caspian scrolled through the phone-book that was part of his computer, and saw Mantis's name and number. With a single tap, he began dialling.

"Mantis, its me Caspian. I've arrived at the mansion, though I may need the building schematics to help navigate my way around. Think you can help me with that?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked