Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Another crack of thunder tore through the blanket of darkness and water droplets. "Descendez l'écume". The weapon the guard brandished in front of Calcifer's nose jumped out of the ethereal with a bold of lightning. It wasn't a comfort to know this frog throat was going to hold it so close.

"Your the man with the gun". Calcifer somehow already in the position not to refuse seemed persuaded to follow afew inches closer to the orders. It felt a long way down from the vehicle, but he stuck the landing. Quite impressive since they decided to chain up his legs too. The guards gun prodded him in the back to move towards the buses, no need to word anything else when the obvious is there. A shuffling pace was the only gear allowed in order to move along. It took a minute to reach the bus. The guard was clearly irritated now. A nice swift kick in the ass just about put Calcifer's face into the bus' steps. The chains left just enough room to take the steps up, a good number of the other prisoners were all tucked away in their seats. Stares at the six foot figure were... there. Calcifer trotted to an open seat in the middle of the bus. A nice slapping sound of water resounded past the other noises when he hit the seat.

Prison, nest stop. To bad it was the last one this bus went to. The family would get him out one way or another, a few weeks wouldn't be so bad.

As the bus filled up, things got a little more noisy than Stefan would've ever expected. Most of the criminals had shuffled to the back of the bus and they were rather out of sight for him. Nonetheless, he never expected a bunch of condemned people to be this chatty and cheerful, especially that fiery headed girl which had walked in not so long ago. He was pretty sure he had heard her ask if they were going to Disneyland, though it had been hard to hear the conversation through the pouring rain. Part of him wanted to be like that. It would've been nice to just melt your worries away. Maybe such an attitude was a good step towards that. He began to stare more often at the passing criminals, letting his thoughts get replaced. It was tiring to think about the false charges put against him and he didn't need to feel more bitter than he already did.

Besides, he needed something to make him think away from the uncomfortable wet clothes and the pain in his right ear. As if fortune smiled on him, his cuffs weren't too tight though. Small fortunes went a long way he supposed almost wanting to laugh at the slight happiness that brought him. Rather pathetic as it was, he shook his head and continued to observe. He noticed he wasn't alone in his reflections. It wasn't hard to notice the subtle intake of surroundings the others made. But he had made himself fairly unremarkable and that was good. He doubted he'd get into any particular problems.

Almberg was looking over his shoulder near constantly, not really twisting his neck too much, but enough to catch glimpse of several of his fellow in mates. There was a man who not only had his hands cuffed but also his legs were chained. Perhaps he was some genetically modified acrobat, he thought for a moment. His gaze continued onward, resting on the red headed girl. He wasn't sure what her crime was, finding himself at a loss. But he had met criminals who appeared to be everything but criminals before and he didn't let it throw him off. Next to the fiery girl was a tall lean looking man whom he couldn't quite place either. It wasn't hard to observe the giant of a man who had to be at least more than half a feet taller than Stefan himself. He was sitting next to someone who Almberg didn't have quite clear vision to but he could've sworn he was heavily tech modified. Stefan himself found that a bit repulsive, but he quelled the thought.

His gaze found the albino woman again, taking in that she looked somewhat calmer than before. He didn't stare at her for long. He felt no need to ruin her mood again. He stared at the man who had spoken sarcastically, he was far less chatty again. The stun baton must've done a number on him. There was another man whom he couldn't quite place. He had brown hair and something about the man phased him. He just knew that the man was a criminal. He looked like a lot of the filth he had put away in jail himself. The idea that we was going to live with this kind of people suddenly struck him really hard, and he frowned, returning to his previous position, resting his cheek against the glass. What a hellish life was awaiting him.

Byron looked as his cuffs. Not too tight. I could remove them easily if I got behind a guard for only a couple of seconds. However he knew that any movement he did was probably watched by the armed guards posted all over the bus. What he needed was a distraction, something that will make all of the guards distracted for a second so he could get the keys and free himself.

Hmm, I'll need an accomplice for this to work. The chatty man at the bag doesn't seem to eager for a shock baton to he balls, so I guess his out. The albino woman seems to have anger management issues but she could also start a big enough argument which could distract the guards, but she is too far away.

Byron went through each inmate in turn trying to assess their usefulness in his upcoming plan but there was someone who he hadn't noticed. The man in front of him kept taking backward glances at everyone, especially the albino woman. But his last look was at him. The man in front of Byron took only one look at him and turned away with disgust on his face.

This man is perfect. If I could start an argument with him I could have the guards distracted enough to attempt something. This shouldn't be too hard as it seems that he already hates me.

"Something I can help you with ?" Byron finally said looking at Almberg. "To be honest with you, you don't look like a criminal to me so what are ex-police?"

Shit, was his first thought. This wasn't what he had wanted. So much for a peaceful trip to prison. Scenarios ran through his head, but quite frankly, stuck on a prison bus with a bunch of criminals, Stefan was completely clueless. He turned his head slowly, putting on a neutral face not quite realizing the man had already seen him looking at him with disdain. He thought about what he could potentially say. He should lie. The last thing he needed was for everyone to know that he had been a police officer, much less that he was actually innocent. That would make for a very short stay in prison, he thought.

"Huh..?" He managed to blurt out slowly. Almberg had a rather persistent Swedish accent to his English, that much was obvious. He tried to focus, but in truth, Stefan was a horrible liar. What he needed was a half truth. It struck him that he really didn't look like these people. It was as if they were a class of their own, where he had lived an orderly and structured life before his many visits to court.

"No, no.. not really. I was merely observing. I.. used to be a police officer."

What an arbitrary statement, still, it was honest. He didn't have to tell the sod that he was innocent. He would probably presume he wasn't anyway. Besides, even if he blurted it out, who would believe him? These people probably had any sense of innocence taken from them a long time ago. He managed a half arsed smile at the man. Realizing that this was the first attempt at any conversation he's had that didn't involve his case lately. It wasn't quite what he expected.

Oliver decided to take a closer look at the people on the bus, he thought he may as well find out who he would be playing 'happy families' with. No one really caught his attention except for a young albino woman with a robotic arm, which on closer inspection was just a slandered piece of tech, nothing all that special but interesting. And the guy in the front who was looking at him. Running his face through an facial recognition program he found out he was an ex-cop charged with rape. Oliver thought it was a bit odd, a lot of the people on the bus looked like they had been in this 'business' for a while, but being picked out by Black for rape? He decided to look into it further.

Quietly hacking into the governments networks, making sure he left no trace of him being there he found the files he was looking for. There had been various accusations of rape and some flimsy evidence, but besides that his record was clean. He wondered why an up and coming member of the police force would suddenly start raping women, there were no signs that this might happen, no complaints of police brutality, no sexual harassment, so why? The open and shut nature of his trail also bothered him, Black wanted him put away quickly. He had probably seen or heard something he shouldn't have.

Oliver saw that Jacob was going to break his thumbs to try and escape, "Jacob I know what your about to do, don't. There are too many guards and you might end up in worse trouble then you already are" He whispered and motioned to the ex-cop in front of them, "He's an ex-cop, when we get to wherever we're going I want you to find out what he knows."

Jacob looked around the buss once more looking at each of them trying too guess what kind of crimes they committed. Most of them looked like murders but none of them looked ordinary they all looked like they had seen their fare share of crime and got away with it. Guess I should be horned that I am among the more special criminals. This though made Jacob smile. He then looked back up, he looked at the albino woman he remembered her. Her name was Snow or at least that was what she called herself. It was good to see her again even if it was under these circumstances. Jacob heard Oliver whisper something to him.

"Jacob I know what your about to do, don't. There are too many guards and you might end up in worse trouble then you already are." Jacob had to admit that he was right the change of success was slim. Oliver motioned to the person in front of them. "He's an ex-cop, when we get to wherever we're going I want you to find out what he knows." Jacob looked at Oliver and whispered. "I am on it boss. Though I will start now." He released his thumb he wasn't unhappy to hear that he wasn't allowed to break it. He was unhappy however that he couldn't take down the guards now. He coughed and then looked at the man. "So you were an cop?" He looked at the man front of him. "I used to be an cop myself I was an detective for the homicide department in New York. I worked there for 5 years before being kicked out. So what were you arrested for? You don't look like the dirty cop kind to me." He looked curious at the man hoping that he would talk. He had seen this trick used by Oliver once. Lowering the persons guard by showing you have something in common. He wasn't much of an talker himself but he had learned a few tricks from Oliver. Even if Oliver himself never knew he learned him.

Stefan's attention had to snap from Byron for a moment. Noticing that the big guy was also talking to him. That wasn't good. Why don't you speak louder you walking slab of muscle, he thought to himself. Still, he detected no hint of lies in the man's words and several interrogations had made him good at that, he was willing to believe that the big man had been part of some police force, once in his life. The man's physical presence was imposing, but he didn't really seem like the thinking type. He looked more akin to a brute to Almberg if anything. While the man most probably didn't lie, Stefan did not exclude the fact that he was most likely a criminal. He had to be cautious, for a change, maybe he could get away with lying. At least to this man. Not that anyone overhearing the conversation might fall for it.

"Yeah. I was. Sadly, I believe my victims stopped fearing me, because they decided to press charges. With an intricate web like that broken, I'm afraid I couldn't really get away. It was rape, no less. I'm charged for rape. Guess I must've.. uh. Raped the wrong person, given the fact that it put me here."

Step it up Stefan he thought to himself. He had smiled lightly when he was speaking, but he felt sick to his stomach in reality. His choice of words was not very convincing, but it wasn't as if a brute would catch on all that easily. At least he hoped it wasn't. With some luck, maybe his pathetic story would convince the brown haired man as well. In reality, the charges that were pressed against Stefan had been for 7 separate accounts. None of the women officially knew each other, the accounts spanned 2 years. Somehow, whoever put him in this place had also planted "evidence" to make it convincing. It took a lot of nerve and power to pull that off. The sad part is, Stefan still didn't know who had framed him for such vile actions. It really bothered him. But he wasn't bad at piecing the puzzle together and he began to suspect that this Mr. Black was somehow involved, which was hard to believe because he had only heard good things about the man. It didn't make sense.

"Afraid not miss. Guess you'll have to put up with drab scenery, and your fellow passengers for entertainment." Caspian remarked, trying to not sound disheartening. He soon switched to a more friendly tone.

"So, what is a pretty thing like you in for?"

"Well that's a shame, this could possibly become the dullest road trip ever!" Her tone was full of jest, using her cuffed hands to push back the dripping strands of hair behind her ears as best as she could.

This guy was one of the better looking passengers on this bus and didn't seem to be as dumb as the seat he was sitting on.

She noticed the guy right at the front's eyes lingering on her for a bit and returned the look with a smile.

"Me, well I am on here for...Well I guess my connections? I do the odd job here and there for whoever needs me." She gave a quick shrug of the shoulders. "I was driving for some gang back home when I got picked up, no idea what they we're doing I just asked 'How much, where and when'."

Abigail paused too collect her thoughts, the odd word from the front of bus was drifting to the back. The words "Ex-cop" and "Rape" caught her attention, one filling her with curiosity and the other with disgust.

"I am such a good girl too! Heh, enough about me what about yourself?"

"Yeah. I was. Sadly, I believe my victims stopped fearing me, because they decided to press charges. With an intricate web like that broken, I'm afraid I couldn't really get away. It was rape, no less. I'm charged for rape. Guess I must've.. uh. Raped the wrong person, given the fact that it put me here."

Oliver overheard the ex-cops badly thought out lies and chuckled. Leaning forward he took off his protective goggles to reveal his mechanised eyes he said in an amiable tone. "Mr Almberg may I call you Stefan? Please don't lie to me, or to my associate. Let's just say I know everything..." He paused for a moment to find the right word, "Pertinent about your situation. What I would like to know is why Mr. Black singled you out?"

"Well that's a shame, this could possibly become the dullest road trip ever!" The red headed woman's tone was full of jest and humour, using her cuffed hands to push back the dripping strands of hair behind her ears as best as she could. Caspian smiled at the remark, finding the light hearted nature of this woman to be uplifting on an occasion such as this. She then responded to his question.

"Me, well I am on here for...Well I guess my connections? I do the odd job here and there for whoever needs me." She gave a quick shrug of the shoulders. "I was driving for some gang back home when I got picked up, no idea what they we're doing I just asked 'How much, where and when'." The woman then seemed to pause for a moment, collecting her thoughts as she looked around the bus, focusing on the conversation that was happening ahead.

"I am such a good girl too! Heh, enough about me what about yourself?" The woman then asked Caspian, to which he first responded by pulling his ponytail through his hands, trying to get some of the water out; all the while thinking up a response.

"So, your a mercenary of sorts then? Interesting, as for me; well most, if not all I'm in for, is connected to the work I did as a mercenary. Murder of some high class individuals, theft, property damage; all adds up in the end." Caspian responded first with a curious tone, intersted to learn more about her, but then switched to a more non-chalant voice, ending in a brief sigh.

"I was even hired by someone who is connected to our current predicament, but I declined; for reasons I would like to keep to myself. Maybe thats what also put me on the radar. Anyway, my name is Caspian. I would offer you a hand, but as you can see, I'm a little tied up at the moment." He then remarked showing his handcuffs to the woman; then finished off with a slight chuckle.

Calvin rubbed him head where the baton had struck him. What with this and the beating during his arrest, he was getting sick of these unsolicited blows to the head. He took another look around, careful this time not to stare at the albino, he had a feeling that one would be properly vicious if she caught him again. He spied the man with dreadlocks in the row behind him, nearer to the back of the bus. He was the only person who hadn't said anything yet. Given how talkative everyone else was, this seemed a bit odd. Calvin figured he might try being sociable again, maybe this one didn't have a bad temper. The man's eyes were taking in everything around him, enjoying the show of his fellow captives.

"Hey, dreadlocks", Calvin hissed, not wanting to attract his guards attention, though thankfully the guard wasn't listening, he was saying something to one of the other security personnel. "What are you in for?"

The scene unfolding before Edmond didn't disappoint him in the least, ex-cops and criminals engaging in conversation without hostilities. Realizing that once word of ex-cops among the new arrivals spread among the inmates, their calm lives would take a turn for the worse. "Poor fellows may not last the week, aught to converse with them while they are able", Edmond figured he might as well speak up and get acquainted before the ride got underway, but something caught his eye. The woman, with skin as pale as those whose eyes have never reopened upon his table, had a prosthetic still fastened to her torso. A mechanical device with functionality left operating on an inmate, "Are they daft?", Edmond pondered as he gazed upon the anomaly. "How could they not have thought to remove a potential threat such as that?", this discovery confounded him to no end, with no solution readily available his curiosity was instantly piqued. Engaging the ocular enhancement embedded within his eye, Edmond enabled electromagnetic waves of radiation (X-ray) to view among his peers who else had implants or devices upon them that eluded confiscation.

What he found left him speechless, or at least that's what he wanted to be, his mind was racing too fast to heed such a call of silent acceptance. Multiple prosthetic limbs with combat functionality, an integrated data terminal, cybernetic ocular replacements, communication devices, and even Edmond's own micro processor was fully functioning. Baffled by the recent turn of events, what was once a smile worn on the doctors face was now a look of shock and excitement. So many options lie before him, the chance of getting ahead of himself was too high he needed to stop, he needed to calm down, he needed to think. Running his hands through his hair, Edmond disengaged his implant and assumed a docile and relaxed composure. Escape was an option, the two men with matching receivers must've been aware of this oversight. Any act of rebellion would be centered on them. Heavier breathing eased the pace of his heart, and soothed the chaos that had once clouded his mind. Slowly but surely his thoughts became his own again. "This may be a joy ride just yet", Edmond's smile returned once more.

Upon returning to a state of ease he noticed that one of the inmates, a wielder of a set of bionic eyes set his sights on him. "I was not discovered so easily, was I?" He contemplated before the man answered quietly, "Hey, dreadlocks"... "What are you in for?", Edmond realized it was time for his voice to be heard, whispering be damned.

"Me? Well I am a Doctor, or well used to be I am still uncertain as to whether my license will be revoked upon my release, but enough about that. My trade is in parts of all kinds whether they be robotic or human. And it seems some people aren't too fond of my business, and so I am here. Say, you wouldn't happen to be willing to part with anything would you?"

Smart fellow, he thought as he glared into Oliver's eyes. He quickly asserted that if the large man was the muscle, then this must be the brain. There was no lying that would get through him and the individual before him appeared to have access to something right here on the bus. There was little way he could've found out all that before the visit and yet, it was a guess if anything. Whatever augmented the man was obviously not disabled though, as he seemed clearly able to see with his eyes which did not seem natural. Still, it would feel good to be honest as any attempt at lying always put a knot in his stomach. He hadn't needed it before. He could only hope that would still apply.

Stefan allowed himself to smile slightly, even so, it was genuine this time around.

"Stefan is perfectly fine for all it matters, sir. I wish I knew why Mr. Black had me sent here, because I have no clue. Maybe, and mind you, this is just a theory. Maybe, I managed to prod some filthy secret he didn't like and now he's upset. This makes less sense to me than it probably does to you. I'm taking it your tech is working out for you, so you might as well take an educated guess and realize that I most likely won't enjoy my time spent here. However ridiculously short it might be, as word already seems to be spreading."

Almberg had to lean forward to speak. He decided to quiet down considerably. He didn't really wish for any guard or other inmates to know so much about him, it couldn't end well. Still, while the man was bizarrely augmented with technology and most likely had an extensive list of crimes made out for himself if he really did have access to what he claimed, then he had no reason to think Almberg had done anything. It would be nice to have the truth acknowledged for a change. A vague justification that he truly was innocent, how absurd that it might spring from the mind of a criminal first.

With no more need to lie, Stefan's voice grew more bold and confident even. It was pretty easy to guess if he was telling the truth or if he was lying, probably one of the more obvious people when it came to that. Well, either so or he was a really good liar... Which wasn't the case.

"Me? Well I am a Doctor, or well used to be I am still uncertain as to whether my license will be revoked upon my release, but enough about that. My trade is in parts of all kinds whether they be robotic or human. And it seems some people aren't too fond of my business, and so I am here. Say, you wouldn't happen to be willing to part with anything would you?"

"So he speaks", Calvin thought to himself. "Considering I'd be blind if I parted with my most valuable bodily assets, no I wouldn't care to give anything up. Besides, I don't think prison cells, or transports, for that matter are intended as operating theatres. And I'm not sure if any of my original bits and pieces would interest you" Calvin replied. "I doubt there's much of a trade in alcohol-damaged livers, is there?" Calvin wondered off-hand if he was any good, maybe he should have gone to this guy when he was getting his eyes replaced. "How did you get caught?" he inquired, wondering how a doctor ended up on the bus with the special cases.

"Stefan is perfectly fine for all it matters, sir. I wish I knew why Mr. Black had me sent here, because I have no clue. Maybe, and mind you, this is just a theory. Maybe, I managed to prod some filthy secret he didn't like and now he's upset. This makes less sense to me than it probably does to you. I'm taking it your tech is working out for you, so you might as well take an educated guess and realize that I most likely won't enjoy my time spent here. However ridiculously short it might be, as word already seems to be spreading."

The thought that even the likes of President Black having some dirty laundry made Oliver excited, if he could get whatever information that Stefen had on him, Oliver would be able to sell it for a fortune. And once some thing's on the Net, it very hard to eradicate it completely, you can't stop people thinking about or talking about it after all. President Black may rule the nation, but he doesn't control their minds.

"Stefen, one thing you'll learn about me is that I never guess, I know." He said smiling wickedly, "It was a very poorly done cover-up, rushed evidence, women who didn't know each other. Very hastily done. If you had managed to get a good lawyer then you might have had a chance. But when you're going up against Mr. Black it's very hard to get a good lawyer, and a few bribes can even convince a jury that a squeaky-clean officer such as yourself would debase himself." He leaned back against his seat, "Often it's not curiosity that killed the cat, it was the people who didn't want it to know, if you get my drift."

Byron quietly listened to the conversation Stefan had with Jacob. He gave out an amused snort when Stefan said he had no idea. Unable to watch this conversation any longer he intervened.

"Of course you do. My brother was scared of you. You might have stumbled onto something that might show him for the man he really is. For example, ye I might have killed people for money but I also took care of numerous political enemies my brother had made. He had no problem with me then but once he got in power he saw me as a liability." he stopped for a minute looking at Jacob.

"I know that both you Mr. Almberg and your friend over there are most likely innocent cops who thought that asking question about your new leader was a good idea. But whatever it is you did or didn't do the inmates in prison ain't gonna care. You're as much dead meat as I am."

After talking to them he turned around in his seat looking back outside. If he managed to convince the cops that they would be dead as soon as they arrive in prison he might be able to get them to cooperate for his escape plan.

"Stefen, one thing you'll learn about me is that I never guess, I know." He said smiling wickedly, "It was a very poorly done cover-up, rushed evidence, women who didn't know each other. Very hastily done. If you had managed to get a good lawyer then you might have had a chance. But when you're going up against Mr. Black it's very hard to get a good lawyer, and a few bribes can even convince a jury that a squeaky-clean officer such as yourself would debase himself." He leaned back against his seat, "Often it's not curiosity that killed the cat, it was the people who didn't want it to know, if you get my drift."

"Now that you mention it, it was rather hard to get a good lawyer. So much for justice, huh?"

He spoke with the confidence he usually did. But it bothered him. Law and order was very important to him. What did he have left to believe in if the very system he used was corrupt? He didn't want to think about it too much. He forced himself to keep his determined look and he managed it quite flawlessly this time.

"If what you say about Mr. Black is true, then he better hope someone really does end me in jail. I'd hate to let the prime minister think he's above everyone else."

He didn't really trust the man with the augmentations. But it was nice to have someone to talk to. Besides, even a dedicated cop like himself has to choose the lesser evil sometimes. The world isn't as black and white as he wished it was. Almberg took a moment to register his surroundings. He hadn't brought too much attention from the guards for now, it wasn't surprising. They probably knew who every prisoner here was and some ex-cop charged with rape wasn't going to put up near as much trouble as many of the murderers present here. At least he presumed such people were here. His gaze rested on Oliver again. As much as the man was full of himself, it made him think less about his past and more what he should do with the present. He was grateful for that.

He forced a slight frown at the mention of brothers. Did he mean to say that Sebastian was his brother? Then if he was here, he had to be more screwed than Almberg could ever be. That was quite a feat.

"That is rather depressing, Mr. Black. If it's true, then your brother might as well be the bastard we've been theorizing about. But you're perfectly right. I am innocent. Pretty sure you're wrong about the big fellow though."

He managed a smile at Jacob, he didn't doubt for a second he was anymore of a cop than Oliver next to him, at least presently. The sudden revelation didn't phase him too much though, he was taught not to jump to conclusions about anything and he had no proof to go on that the brown haired man was truly the brother of the prime minister or that what he said wasn't plain lying.

Jacob knew that as soon as Oliver started talking he was supposed to keep his mouth shut. It was an unspoken rule, just like Oliver would never step up to fight. The man was clearly lying however which Oliver easily picked up on. He lost interests in the conversation with the ex cop. Knowing that Oliver was recording the conversation he could always listen to it later. He was more interested in seeing snow again. They had met about an year back when he travel to Australia to pick up some tech. They had met in a bar and he had found her very interesting. It was a shame he had failed to persuade her to join their gang.

He then listened to a few of the other conversations for a while taking up all the information. Sebastian's brother? Well that sounded very interesting. Still when Stefan said something about finding an secret of Sebastian he returned to the conversation. Now that also sounded interesting. Also the police fellow was innocent, well it made sense that Sebastian would lock up anyone who was against him or at least got on to him. Jacob had seen what the man did just like the rest of the underworld it was an disgrace. He looked around the bus again. He smiled at Snow. "Hello Snow. Do you remember me?" He wondered if she would recognize him.

Glancing at the self professed bother of the prime minster, he did the same as he had with Steffen and ran him though his facial recognition software and got all the information he needed.

"Byron Black, what a pleasure to meet you in the flesh. I always wondered the the black sheep of the Black family might look like. I know everything about you but you know nothing about me. Shame really. I may as well introduce my self, I am Oliver Walder leader of The Reavers. And believe me I've only ever been on one side of law enforcement." To make sure that Byron knew he wasn't bluffing he said "How many cops did you take down when they finally got to you, seven wasn't it?"

He waited for his reply, people always seemed surprised when they found out that Oliver was the gang leader, not Jacob. And wondered how Stefen would react to this information.

Oh it was that guy. Her blurry vision had meant it took a while to recognise him. From a few weeks or months back, just before she had to fight the wolf.
"Gooday this prison better have a bar considering you still owe me from getting your ass beat harder than tourists trying to hike across the outback at a game of sharp shooting."
She cracked a smile.
"So what did you end up doing to get caught? Globalisation didn't go to well I take it?
The family didn't kill too many of you men did they?"
Strange how them technically being mortal enemies hadn't harmed their friendship too much.

"...Anyway, my name is Caspian. I would offer you a hand, but as you can see, I'm a little tied up at the moment." He then remarked showing his handcuffs to the woman; then finished off with a slight chuckle.

She let out a laugh "It's the thought that counts, I'm Abi by the way." She rubbed her left ear against her shoulder again 'I'm going to have to get this out at some point'.

"Though my nearest and dearest call me Matchstick or just various parts of it...I like to think it's because I am hot stuff...But they say it's actually because Im a skinny white chick with red hair that starts fires." She gave her audience a childish pout.

"But yeah, I guess you could call me a mercenary, I prefer the term freelance opportunist though. I'm not really one for all the killing stuff to be fair, most of my work just involves driving people, things and so on, the odd theft and the occasional bit of seduction."

Abigail gave Caspian a cheeky wink. "I tart up quite nice ya know!"

She stuck a finger in a hole in her jeans and lifted the damp denim of her skin and then pulled down on the hem of her T-shirt, the word Peaceful with the A in the style of the anarchist motif had all but faded on the yellow fabric.

"Property damage is something we definitely have in common, though mines usually just fall out from the fires." She finished with her daft grin.

Slumping down in her chair and hooking her cuffed hands behind her head "I guess we all got to do time eventually..."

Almberg clenched his jaw tightly, his teeth locking together. The mention of manslaughter hit him pretty hard. Yet, he couldn't let that get the best of him. He thought about it for a moment, realizing that they were all going to jail anyways. At least these people deserved it. His stare turned mighty cold, and it seems he became aware of it because he shifted back into his place, leaning his head backwards slightly against the seat.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Oliver."

He finally managed to say something though he did not turn, his voice rather neutral. Wether it actually was a pleasure or not was debatable. That Oliver was the brute's boss was already something he had figured though he hadn't known the man was a leader for an entire organization dedicated to crime. Lucky him, to get to meet the most interesting of scum. Still, he needed to know people like that if he was to survive. Survival. Did it mean more to him than upholding ideals? He didn't want to die, the thought scared him for a change. His cause felt rather empty presently and without a cause, he felt weak and afraid. He wanted to throw up, but he took a deep breath and decided to quell it for now. An hour long bus ride to prison covered in your own bile wouldn't be very pleasant.

"Oliver Wander, a pleasure to meet you too. Yes you are right. But they weren't real cops. They were my brothers special body guards he always has them around. He'll need them once I get out of here. But anyway I bet those eyes with facial recognition software and access to government databases must have cost a hell of a lot. Do those eyes have any other use such as a laser to help us in this awfull situation we are in?"

He waited a few seconds considering hiss next words properly.

"Well since you know so much about me, how about you tell me a little about yourself"

"Gooday this prison better have a bar considering you still owe me from getting your ass beat harder than tourists trying to hike across the outback at a game of sharp shooting." She cracked a smile. Jacob smiled in response. "That was only because you fed me drunk first, challenging me to drink that whole bottle of that home made brew." "So what did you end up doing to get caught? Globalisation didn't go to well I take it? The family didn't kill too many of you men did they?""No nothing of the sorts. I just happened to kill 25 guys that were meant to ambush me. Problem was I was carrying grenades at the time so I made quite some noise. And your family was a little underwhelming, I had expected a bit more from the people that raised you. And we didn't go through with the plan because the men hated Australia. So why are you here?"

"I had something more important to do than not being caught. So instead I got caught.
It's a long and bad ass story but it'll also take a lot more explaining than I can honestly care to do at the moment."

Her mind drifted back.

What had started high above the streets, a shoot out across the rooftops had changed rapidly breaking out into the outback. She jolts a little at the memory of the wolf's face. It barely even looks human the scar and teeth, the single burning eye.

"Best you don't ask."

Jacob looked at her a bit confused. Something more important then not being caught? I wonder what she means by that. "Well you will have to tell me that stories when I am treating you to that drink I still owe you." he says smiling hoping to cheer her up. "So what have you been sentenced too? 50 years? life?" In his head he changed his objective. It went from saving Oliver and then getting myself out' too Saving Oliver then saving Snow and then getting myself out.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Oliver."

Steffen had suddenly turned cold after Oliver had introduced himself. Maybe it was the sudden realisation that Oliver was as bad as the rest of them, one of the worst probably. He was surprised how sudden the change was, he had gone from candid and friendly to cold and reserved. Turning to Steffen Oliver said bitterly, "If it truly is a pleasure then act like it is"

But anyway I bet those eyes with facial recognition software and access to government databases must have cost a hell of a lot. Do those eyes have any other use such as a laser to help us in this awfull situation we are in?"

Retuning to his amiable tone he turned to face Byron, "They would've if I had bought them, and no, the don't fire lasers but I'll add that to list of upgrades I need to add" He said grinning.

"Well since you know so much about me, how about you tell me a little about yourself"

"Not much to tell, caught cheating at cards, the some time working as a con-man, then the gang. We specialised in selling tech on the black-market, and a few other more unsavoury things. These" He said pointing to his tech modifications, "Are of my own design and so if the facial recognition software, and the back-doors into some government agencies are my own" He was smiling smugly and feeling superior now. These guys have nothing on me

"Aha, so my brother would have you arrested because what you cheated some sod out of money at cards? You should really learn to lie better. For instance there is no way you would be the one cheating at cards."

He paused and took a look at the man next to Oliver.

"I see that you introduced yourself as the leader of the Reavers. So you saying that the crime that got you here was hustling at cards sounds a bit out. The reason being that it's usually the lowly gang members who cheat at cards for quick cash as they are the most likely to get caught and you could easily just abandon them. I think that you actually know what you did to get yourself near the top of my brother's shitlist and I would so interested to hear it. You know that honesty in times like this can really help you out. The only real reason my brother would have sent you away was because you were making too much money and stealing his black market tech business"

The woman laughed "It's the thought that counts, I'm Abi by the way." She said, finally revealing her name to Caspian. Abi appeared to be rubbing her left ear against her shoulder; either because it was itching, or to get the langauge translator out.

"Though my nearest and dearest call me Matchstick or just various parts of it... I like to think it's because I am hot stuff... But they say it's actually because Im a skinny white chick with red hair that starts fires." Abi then gave a childish looking pout towards Caspian; to which he responded with a smile.

"But yeah, I guess you could call me a mercenary, I prefer the term freelance opportunist though. I'm not really one for all the killing stuff to be fair, most of my work just involves driving people, things and so on, the odd theft and the occasional bit of seduction."

Abigail gave Caspian a cheeky wink. "I tart up quite nice ya know!"

"I see, well that nickname of yours Abi certainly sounds appropriate, and kind of cute as well. Acquaintances of mine gave me the moniker of Geist; due to me being quick, deadly, and quiet. Usually when it comes to killing, I'll only take out whoever is necessary to reach the objective. If I can get to somewhere without killing, then that is what I'll do. And your right Abi, there is a certain elegance and beauty about you."

"I guess we all got to do time eventually..."

"I suppose your right, tis a sorrow to be bound in chains, locked away from the eyes of the world. But I guess it is the price we must pay for the lives we lead; although sometimes we are here under false pretenses, locked away because we got too close to something." Caspian remarked in a insightful manner.

"But don't feel down Abi, I'm sure there'll be a way out."

"How did you get caught?", to answer with anything less then vague would be a task in and of itself.

"Well you see I ran a clinic without discrimination. Criminals and police alike were treated on equal terms. No gang or unit was of higher concern then the other, unless of course they payed a priority fee. But on to the question at hand, besides the fact I tended to criminals I also made a living constructing prosthetics and fabricating drugs, medicinal and recreational.", without much call for discretion Edmond leaned in and in a low tone indulged the curious travel companion.

"I used to construct cybernetic limbs with narcotic salvos. For criminals if they committed a crime and were not caught a small supply was released into their veins. And for law enforcement who needed that added boost, whenever they finished their shift on a timely manner, they get a quick jolt too. It was in high demand." Realizing that he might've drone on for too long, Edmond leaned back in his firm seat, and recollected his thoughts for a moment. Without wanting to appear rude the doctor began to question the man, "And what caused you to be singled out for a trip to our unique incarceration?"

Almberg flinched slightly. Forcing down the bile as he twisted pack into position. One of the many things he wasn't particularly fond off was misunderstandings, and this was one for all he knew, he shook his head lightly at Oliver.

"Don't let it hit a nerve, there, Oliver. I'd think you're more calm and collected than that. I merely don't like listening to the subject of murder being taken so liberally. I don't see how that can possibly be directed at you specifically. That you're a leader of some organization for crime doesn't phase me too much. Why would it, really? We're all right where we belong. Well. You lot are, rather. Then again. Maybe it would be better if we all enjoyed some freedom, there's still some justice which could be dispensed. It would obviously appear we're all here on the orders of the same individual, and you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy being my friend."

He smirked lightly, he felt a little better. His whole life felt so bizarre, he really wanted to laugh. Still, they did share a common fate. If the biggest injustice in the world can be taken down with a bunch of condemned criminals, then by all means, why shouldn't it he thought. Though quite frankly, while some of these people probably wanted to kill Sebastian, Stefan wanted to expose him. He forced the thought out of his head. Such things weren't anywhere near in sight right now. He sighed lightly. Even with criminals, he wasn't going to lose manners, besides, it's not like they had done anything specific to him.

"You'll excuse me if I'm easy to annoy. It really has been a long month for me and if this situation wasn't so damn depressing, I'd laugh at how bizarre and surreal it feels. Not that I expect you to understand. You've probably never lived through a decent moment in your life."

Stefan didn't speak with spite, but rather, he genuinely seemed a little amused and he really needed that, it was a rather sweet comfort he enjoyed. His wording was still fairly quiet, mostly to stay out of earshot for the guards, eitherway.

"Narcotic salvos? Funny, the guy who did my eyes offered me that. I didn't bother though, you can be caught one week for a murder you committed a month ago, so not getting caught is a continuous business, and being high would only exacerbate the problem." Good thing I didn't go to him, Calvin thought, I'd probably still be high after the last job, though given the circumstances that might not be a bad thing.

"And what caused you to be singled out for a trip to our unique incarceration?"
"I shot Black's top party secretary. We figured losing one of the main organisational forces might put the government in disarray. Now I guess I'll never find out."

"I'm Calvin by the way, though I'm known to my associates and some of my foes as Ringbearer"
He flashed the gold ring on the chain around his throat, and smiled a wry smile. "You got a name?"

For 15 minutes, all 3 buses in the convoy continued down the road with no incident. The driver of the third bus was surprised at just how chatty the convicts here getting, but keep his eyes on the bumper of the bus in front of him; a job that was made harder by the increasing rainfall. The bus ahead of him rounded a curve with a large tree on either side. As the driver of the third bus followed, a bright flash of light that could easily be mistaken for lightning flared up further along the road.

BANG

The driver was blinded momentarily, and slammed on the brakes the second the loud bang accompanied the flash. As the bus screeched to a halt, the five armed guards kept their balance and pointed their guns at the inmates to make sure they didn't pull anything. As the driver looked outside, he could see that a tree was blocking their route.

"Damn. It's just not my fucking day. One of you get the kinetic lift and move this heap would ya?" He said to the nearest guard. "We have a schedule to keep."

"Aye Aye."

The driver unlocked the cage and let one of the guards come through, the opened up the door to the outside. As soon as the guard stepped foot on the first step, shots started ringing out, the sounds muffled by the raging storm. Before anyone knew what had happened, both the driver and the guard were dead.

The remaining four's attention were no longer on the convicts, but on finding out where the shooter was. That would prove to be a fatal mistake, as they were the only four standing between the convicted criminals and their door to freedom.

While Jacob had been talking he had been quiet once their seemed to be an disturbance. Jacob saw his opportunity It seems I will get to kill some guards after all. he grinned. Breaking out like this was his specialty, this was his 7 time and this wouldn't be his last time. He grabbed both his thumb and 2 soft cracks could be heard. He was filled with pain as he slipped out of his handcuffs. He had felt worse pain and the adrenaline made him able to continue on. This wasn't the first time he had done this. He stood up and grabbed the guard closest to him from behind. Breaking his neck like an twig before he could let out an sounds. the second one looked shocked as he was about to yell. Jacob grabbed him an used his lightning the man was about to scream, but Jacob closed the man's mouth he was also dead, the smell of burned flesh came from the corpse. He grabbed the pistol from the dead guard awkwardly since he had no thumbs, and he shot 6 times just to be sure since his aiming was quite bad right now. All the guards were dead, the fight had lasted 8 seconds. He looked at Oliver with an cocky smile. "Still think I should wait?"

Oliver should've been pissed at Byrons condescending comments, but all he could manage was to burst out laughing out how stupid the whole proposition was.

"Oh yes, I cheated at cards, a long time ago, the only reason I was caught was because I was too good at it. And why would I need to steal the shit your brother produces to make a profit? He gave black-market tech a bad name. See this" He pointed at his modifications again "I designed and built these myself, you won't find anything like them, or anything better, anywhere. I guess the reason your brother sent me away was because he was jealous. We were selling better products for better prices and making more money."

He heard Steffen apologise, it puzzled him why he didn't think he would be involved with murder. He ordered numerous hits everyday as leader of The Reavers, it was they only way he kept his business going for so long. Sure he had never actually killed someone himself, but that didn't make his hands any less bloody.

He accepted Steffen apology and said "It's been a long few days for all of us I suppose."

Suddenly there was a bang and flash of brilliant white light. Oliver quickly switched to thermal vision so he could see. The bus was surrounded by gunman firing relentlessly. Oliver ducked down to try and avoid being hit. Jacob broke free of his restraints and killed one of the guards with his lightening another by snapping his neck and shot the remaining ones.

"Still think I should wait?"

"No I suppose not, now get me out of these damned things so I can find out what's happening. Looks like you dislocated your thumbs instead of breaking them." He said looking relieved "You should be able to snap them back in place, we'll get you to a doctors later.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked