A REALLY Wild Wasteland... (Fallout RP Sign-Up Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Dr. Crawver:
I just hope I don't end up with that rifle pointed at my head. I don't think my blubber will protect me from a hyper-propelled slug at any range.

It won't.

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

To me that looks like a massive improvement, and I'm sure jack'll feel the same. I look forward to seeing her in action now.

I really appreciate your feedback, I prefer a more grounded approach like this for my character.
I honestly had no idea what I was thinking before. >.>

Yes, your character is fine, thanks. Is there some reason you're not responding to PMs?

Combine Rustler:
-Huh?-

Uhh, if you could explain and/or give me a character sheet? I'd like to know what you're talking about.

lacktheknack:
Puppy!

Oh, hey there, Lacky. Or Knacky? I'm never too sure...

Anyway, I did say I'd entertain ideas like this. Can't think for the life of me what could be wrong with playing a dog.

NAME: Leon

RACE: Human (caucasian)

APPEARANCE: He wears a long three tailed black coat(basically the coat Vergil from DmC wears), a long sleeved t-shirt under it, a worn-out cowboy hat, black cargo pants and military boots.He has short brown hair, and blue eyes.He has a muscular build.

PERSONALITY: Leon is known to be cocky, and likes to crack one liners.He suffers from occasional livid hallucinations due to a head injury he suffered as a child.He is polite to strangers and is generally a nice guy.He also has a bit of a drinking habit and one to never shy away from a fight.

WEAPONS: Leon carries around with him an antique Revolver with the initials L.W on the grip.He is a sharpshooter so he also carries a worn out, semi-automatic sniper rifle that is prone to jamming but, it gets the job done.

ITEMS: Leon always carries around his trusty knife, a pack of cigarettes,a lighter, a few stimpaks and some lockpicks.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Expert marksman,great with animals, a rugged and ready survivalist, knows how to undo basic locks and is skilled when it comes to fighting and disarming enemies.

TRANSPORTATION: Leon uses his own two feet to get around, ocasionally using a vehicle if he has the opportunity.

Dr. Crawver:

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

To me that looks like a massive improvement, and I'm sure jack'll feel the same. I look forward to seeing her in action now.

I really appreciate your feedback, I prefer a more grounded approach like this for my character.

I guess people get so wrapped up into building their characters, that they just want to keep adding awesome traits which, on their own are pretty cool, but when they all come together it just creates something that seems unbelievable. It's why I work in kinda reverse, come up with the awesome idea (In this case a mutant walrus), and then add the flaws to keep it balanced (flipperhands, not the best at speaking, etc)

I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad you prefer it this way, looks like a character that would be more interesting to interact with. I just hope I don't end up with that rifle pointed at my head. I don't think my blubber will protect me from a hyper-propelled slug at any range.

Makes sense, people wanting to capitalise on a larger scale of freedom when it comes to their ideal Fallout characters. I glossed over my previous character and I just thought to myself: "How is this possibly going to work?".

Though I must say, a mutated walrus who is not only quite snazzy in my mind, but an intelligent mind and medical skills to boot. Bonus points for being utterly unique in my case. And don't worry, I'm only aggressive to my enemies, I still have a naive but kind heart underneath all the frustration.

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

RipVanTinkle:

I guess people get so wrapped up into building their characters, that they just want to keep adding awesome traits which, on their own are pretty cool, but when they all come together it just creates something that seems unbelievable. It's why I work in kinda reverse, come up with the awesome idea (In this case a mutant walrus), and then add the flaws to keep it balanced (flipperhands, not the best at speaking, etc)

I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad you prefer it this way, looks like a character that would be more interesting to interact with. I just hope I don't end up with that rifle pointed at my head. I don't think my blubber will protect me from a hyper-propelled slug at any range.

Makes sense, people wanting to capitalise on a larger scale of freedom when it comes to their ideal Fallout characters. I glossed over my previous character and I just thought to myself: "How is this possibly going to work?".

Though I must say, a mutated walrus who is not only quite snazzy in my mind, but an intelligent mind and medical skills to boot. Bonus points for being utterly unique in my case. And don't worry, I'm only aggressive to my enemies, I still have a naive but kind heart underneath all the frustration.

Well here's to when it starts. I look forward to it, and wait with anticipation to when our paths cross.

FalloutJack:
-ALL DA SNIP-

Combine Rustler:
-Huh?-

Uhh, if you could explain and/or give me a character sheet? I'd like to know what you're talking about.

My own laziness/posting shit I have no reason to.
Just forget it.

Very interested. No time now to write up a character sheet now but I'll aim to have one done before the end of the evening.

Cool I've never seen one of these so fresh. Errm just to note I've never done on of these before but always really wanted to.

Hope that's all fine. Looking forward to it.

leon558:
Leon no-last-name-given

Your character seems alright. Nothing sticks out as bad, so I hope you work with him well.

Contradiction:
Why is it that every Sullivan is a Sully?

He looks fine to me.

I'm probably not going to b able to use my computer often enough to join a proper RP, but I can certainly make characters for other people to use or to be used as NPCs yes?
Also if someone wants to join but their character doesn't fit, you could thrust Frank on them.

Are homebrew perks/traits acceptable? I tried to make them all relatively reasonable.

Ok, sounds good. I've got a few ideas floating around. I should have a sheet up within the next day.

NAME: Atlas Imura

RACE: Caucasian

APPEARANCE: Blue eyes, brown hair, and a low amount of facial hair.
PERSONALITY: Calm and kind unless provoked (Jericho knows this personally)
WEAPONS: Anything he can get his hands on

ITEMS: Similar to the weapons, anything he doesn't have already that he can grab
PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Accurate, stealthy, and good with speaking. Will occasionally go into a frenzy when in a bad situation and swing a Shishkebab around nonstop.

TRANSPORTATION: His shoes were made for walking, but he'll jack an Enclave chopper if he needs to.

I'm tired right now and this was done in ten minutes so theres a good chance I'm doing an overhaul in the morning.

Souplex:
-Frankie!-

This RP is kinda' loose, so you didn't have to gimme hard stats, per se. 'Course, if this is an NPC, I can see why you would. Thanks for the effort. Just one question about this guy: Does he work for anyone NOW and if not, who WOULD HE?

NAME: Barry Allen
RACE: Caucasian
APPEARANCE: Barry is five foot nine and weighs one hundred and seventy pounds. He has blue eyes and brown hair. He wears leather armor that he spray painted red and put The Flash's logo on.
PERSONALITY: Barry took the death of his father...poorly. He lost all sanity, repressed most of his memories, and convinced himself he was The Flash. He sees the world differently from the rest of us. He sees everyone working with him as a superhero and everyone working against him as a villain. He also thinks the world will revert back to normal once he wipes out all the supposed "Villains." When he kills people he thinks that he is knocking them out. He gets frustrated quickly if you tell him that his world view is delusional, but besides that he is a good natured person.
WEAPONS: He carries a bladed gauntlet that he spray painted red and a grenade that he is saving for a very special occasion.
ITEMS: A couple bottles of purified water, a half a dozen stimpacks, and a few dozen bottle caps. He also carries a collection of comic books in a pack.
PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Barry is rather incredibly agile. If he was born in the pre-apocalypse world he could have probably been an Olympic sprinter and has very good reflexes. He has above average strength and intelligence. However he is woefully unlucky to the point where most are surprised he hasn't spontaneously caught fire and he is also quite brittle. He has no knowledge in any particularly useful skills such as lockpicking or science. However, he is quite charismatic which has gotten him out of quite a few sticky situations in the years since he father was violently murder by raiders.
TRANSPORTATION: Barry always prefers to run whenever he can.
(I think The Flash would exist in Fallout. It is a product of the 1950's culture and thats the culture the prewar world had in Fallout.)

FalloutJack:

Souplex:
-Frankie!-

This RP is kinda' loose, so you didn't have to gimme hard stats, per se. 'Course, if this is an NPC, I can see why you would. Thanks for the effort. Just one question about this guy: Does he work for anyone NOW and if not, who WOULD HE?

Well I would like to get involved, but if I prove unable to, then he could be used as an NPC.
He maintains an obsession with collecting and fixing tech from his brotherhood days, and as such will work for those who could supply him with such technology. (Preferably in schematic form as he doesn't want to carry around a junkyard, but he will gladly dissect any technology he can.
He is otherwise fine with mercenary work, or just helping out if it seems like a good cause.

We can be anything, neato!

Added a bio.

MortifiedPenguin:
We can be anything, neato!

Also can't but notice a lack of history or bio, is there a reason for that?

we've been seeing a lot of each other lately

ImSkeletor:
-Flash!-

Hey, I'm not arguing. If you want a bright red man thinking he's a superhero, go for it.

Souplex:
-I'm just wild about Frankie-

Alright, I understand. Thanks for the work. He's fine.

MortifiedPenguin:

Also can't but notice a lack of history or bio, is there a reason for that?

Uhhh, yes. That's one of the things I forgot and didn't realize until the second page with several profiles already submitted and more on the way. Then I realized that this didn't seem so bad as the profiles seemed to give me a good indicator on what you all were anyway. Furthermore, I DID specify that if I forgot anything or you wanted to add anything, do it. It more or less covers my ass and allows you some breathing room. Sorry about that.

Another NPC/character for someone who wants to join but can't come up with a good character.

Souplex:
-MONEY!-

I may have to use him for plottiness. Nice work, but watch it on closing those spoiler tags.

Ryans Solution:
-Okayz-

Lemme know when he's done, then I'll look into it.

Shadowstar38:
-Snip-

Not stalking you promise :D

FalloutJack:
-Snipp-

Righto, I'll add the bio later then.

FalloutJack:

Souplex:
-MONEY!-

I may have to use him for plottiness. Nice work, but watch it on closing those spoiler tags.

Ryans Solution:
-Okayz-

Lemme know when he's done, then I'll look into it.

I'll try to work on that. Glad to be of service.

I've wanted a Fallout RP for the longest time. Guess I got to make a character now *grumble grumble*.

Another NPC/character for someone who can't make a good character of their own.

TheBlueShotgun0:
-Bucky Ratt?-

Very interesting. But for future reference, Schizophrenics just hear voices. You're looking for Disassociative Personality Disorder, or Multiple Personality Disorder, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Seems to be a few uhh crazy people in this outfit. I wonder if that's my doing or the wasteland's.

I'm interested in joining, but because I've not been in an RP thread before I'm not sure if I'd be able to keep up. I'll still make a character sheet for the hell of it to at least try.

God that took forever. Worth it though.

FalloutJack:

TheBlueShotgun0:
-Bucky Ratt?-

Very interesting. But for future reference, Schizophrenics just hear voices. You're looking for Disassociative Personality Disorder, or Multiple Personality Disorder, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Seems to be a few uhh crazy people in this outfit. I wonder if that's my doing or the wasteland's.

Ahh my bad. Changed it so I won't offend any actual schizophrenics out their (the voices might tell them bad things).
And we're not crazy, we're MPD patients, kleptomaniacs, and traumatized. THE VOICES SAY THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Looks like a bucket of fun. I've not taken part in forum RP antics for quite a while but the content on Escapist looks quite tempting!

I do hope this suits your purposes.

Alright, here it is. Let me know what you think.

FalloutJack:

Either or, just don't call me "the".

Anyway, I did say I'd entertain ideas like this. Can't think for the life of me what could be wrong with playing a dog.

Cool. Anything you think should be changed with it, or are we going with the scouting-guard dog of awesome?

lacktheknack:

FalloutJack:

Either or, just don't call me "the".

Cool. Anything you think should be changed with it, or are we going with the scouting-guard dog of awesome?

I'm fine with that. It's cool.

EVERYONE ELSE: I'll get to you soon enough.

Any commentary is welcomed.

Souplex:
-Peter Cullen!-

We'll see.

Fijiman:
-No experience?-

But clearly you're a decent writer. The character doesn't seem objectionable, anyway. I would say that some people in this game are gonna disprove the walking conundrum, but that's nothing to hold against you.

TheBlueShotgun0:
-No offense taken-

I just wanted to set the record straight. You're fine.

wilcoblackflame:
-van Graff?-

Oh, THOSE van Graffs. Given that you're playing a member of a group with a background I recognize, I'm gonna have to say that the advanced items are actually fine. He looks like a real wild card, which could help. I like it. I like his car too, especially since he and the Mechanist could do battle in 'em.

Deadyawn:
-Like a Surgeon-

I remember that! I like this character!

Floris2123:
Commentary will happen

I don't know about this. It's well-written, but I want to say that master of none is not really something I want to go for here. Everyone's going to be OKAY at things, and that section was for what stands out special. If you say "Well, he's evenly distributed in success rate of all in his skills", that's kinda' putting everything up over others. Animal Friend does not affect Deathclaws, and Deathclaws WILL hunt anything that moves, even robots. That you're a cyborg won't make a difference to them. Anyway, I believe those are all my hang-ups there. Fix that and we'll call it good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It seems to me like I'm going to have a fair few to work with in here. I haven't kept a running tally yet, but I am essentially going to try and figure out how many will go in and choose out of the group. I hope to get a good number in since it's big and opposition will certainly get tough.

EDIT: As of right now, I count sixteen of you, plus Ryan said he'd overhaul and another said he was going to post a character. I think 20 is a reasonable maximum, given the types I've seen coming through here. If we go over 20 on acceptables, I'll have to make a hard decision. Don't take it personally if I do.

FalloutJack:
Snip

Thank you for the feedback. I hope this fixes all of the mentioned issues.

This is my first try at an RP what do you think?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked