Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

"I was lonely since mother is out so I came and found Lith. She helped mother, so I figured she wouldn't mind."

"No, I didn't mind." Lith replied, returning Solara's hug. "But I was a little surprised to find you next to me." Rubbing her face in a vain attempt to hide a growing blush, she coughed. "Well then...how 'bout we let you get dressed, then we go see what the Navy tries to pass off as food on this tub?"

"Well then...how 'bout we let you get dressed, then we go see what the Navy tries to pass off as food on this tub?"

"Sounds like a great idea Lith, a bit of food might help me concentrate for what lies ahead, and help me wake up. What say you Urd?"

"Sounds like a great idea Lith, a bit of food might help me concentrate for what lies ahead, and help me wake up. What say you Urd?"

"I say, I'm hungry so lets go get something to eat" Urd then turned to Solara "what about you Solara? you hungry?" she asked in invitation

"I guess i'll join you, i'm a bit hungery." She said then excused herself into the room. It was only a minute before she was back out in the tank top and cargo pants, imperial grey in color. "Ok, o any of you know the way to the mess? if not, i'll lead." she offered up. "You sort of get to know the ship after a few years on it."

"Ok, do any of you know the way to the mess? If not, I'll lead. You sort of get to know the ship after a few years on it."

"Well then by all means lead the way, just give me a moment." Lith said. Slipping past Solara, Lith went back into Urd's room and activated the assigned servo-skull. "I need you to do two things." She said to the unit after in powered up. "One, have a servitor go around to Crew Barracks A45 and retrieve a M36 Kantrael pattern Lasgun, a M40 Kantrael pattern Laspistol, and a Mk. X Chainsword, and have them brought to me in the Mess Hall. Two, can you tell me if there are any other private quarters unoccupied in the area?"

The servo-skull beeped in acknowledgment, then activated a holo-projection of the general area, highlighting a room not far away. "Excellent." Lith responded, memorising the room number. That done, she joined the others.

Solar nodded and when she returned, the girl led their way to the messhall. When they got there, the servators had prepared a banquet for breakfest. You name the food and it could be found there.With most of them staring at the best quality of food ever seen aboard a milatay vessel, Solar walked to the front of the long table and turned around to face the group.
"We're going into the warp... so i figured you could use some decent chow. I hope its acceptable..." she said shyly.

When they arrived at the mess hall, the group could clearly see that an impressive breakfast had been laid out. Most of it would be described by many as the best they had ever seen on a military grade starship. Solar could be seen walking in front of the long table, and turned to face the group.

"We're going into the warp... so I figured you could use some decent chow. I hope its acceptable..." She said shyly.

"By the Emperor, this is certainly an exquisite banquet. I have never seen anything as impressive in quite a long while." Dante remarked, slightly taken away by what he could see before them. He then regained his senses and continued.

"My thanks are with you and Inquisitor Lunette, along with all those who prepared it."

Urd followed Solara and the others to the messhall where she was surprised by the spread lay before them

"We're going into the warp... so i figured you could use some decent chow. I hope its acceptable..."

Urd whistled "you and Inquisitor Lunette have sure done right by us that's for sure" she said as she found a seat, and looked around a little, she spoted the janitor she saw last night "hey, um, why, if we have a skeleton crew, do we have an non servitor janitor?" she asked

Stepping into the Mess, Lith stopped dead when she caught sight of the food. "By the Emperor...." She gasped, and then turned to Solara. "This is beyond acceptable...I've spent most of my life on Guard rations so I'm easy to please."

"Hey, um, why, if we have a skeleton crew, do we have a non servitor janitor?"

Looking over at what Urd was talking about, Lith raised an eyebrow. Gathering a heaping tray food, she made her way over to the man. "Hi there, I'm sorry for intruding, but what the hell is that?" She said, pointing at the bird on top of the servo-skull.

"Hi there, I'm sorry for intruding, but what the hell is that"

Adam looked up with a mouth full of delicious waffle shocked someone was talking to him. Adam looked like he had just rolled out of bed, his hair wild and going in every direction. "Goff Mording! Dis Bredfass is amafing" Adam swallowed his food before continuing. "Excuse me, I was enjoying the flavor explosions in my mouth. This breakfast is amazing!" He started to shove more food in but stopped when he realized he'd ignored Lith's question and set down his fork.

"Ah this is Lovey Dovey" He said with a smile of pride. "She's my pet pidgeon, I rescued her about a year ago, found her with a broken wing inside the ships hull." Adam stroked Dovey's cheek and she cooed in kind, then he offered his finger as a perch which she immediately hoped on as he slowly swung her around closer to Lith to sate her curiosity. "She's very affectionate you can pet her if you like. Her wing never healed right so Dovey can't fly anymore. I've been taking care of her every since." He looked up at Lith with a smile. "My names Adam."

"Pigeon?" Lith muttered. "Well I'll be..." Setting her tray down, she cautiously stroked the bird with a callused hand. "Heh...amazing...I'm from Cadia, and thanks to the Warp and the constant fighting there really isn't much animal life left at home." Petting the bird a little more she sat down beside Adam. "I'm Lith Ortona and I've got to ask...why the hell are you still on this bucket? I would've figured a civvie would have the damned sense to avoid going into The Eye."

As she finished talking, a servitor carrying her weapons approached, setting them on the floor. "Ahh, there they are!" Lith said happily. Strapping the weapons on, she beamed a lopsided smile at Adam. "Felt almost naked without those."

Urd wandered over with a tray of food to investigate further, the tray, full mostly of meat, as typical her diet back home.

"I would've figured a civvie would have the damned sense to avoid going into The Eye."
"more like why they would let a civilian on a ship bound for The Eye of Terror, it's barely a place for the trained after all" Urd said as she forked a chunk of steak into her mouth

"I'm Urd by the way, my apology's for running off mid conversation last night, but Inquisitor Lunette required attention" she said after she swallowed that bit of meat, then shoveled another bit of steak into her maw "you should try the steak, its great" she said while chewing still, a big dumb grin on her face.

Adam was about to open his mouth when another woman sat down. One person talking to him was odd but two people, and at the same time, was just down right beyond him. Adam held out his hand to the newcomer in greeting. "Hello I'm Adam" with a delighted smile on his face.

Adam set Dovey down and let her bounce around on the table. She liked to hop about and explore things.

"Well to answer your question, I'm still here because I was never asked to leave. I've been on this ship for awhile now. It wasn't till about an hour after we left that I even realized most of the crew was gone. I might of tried to sneak off myself had I known where we were heading, but I owe quite a bit to the the Inquisitor, she rescued me. And I also like it here quite a bit. It's a much better life than what I use to have."

"I've read quite a bit about Cadia and how important you are to the Imperium." He said to Lith. "It's always an honor to meet a Guardsmen... er Guardswoman. You must be very brave to be the front line of defense against the eye of terror."

"And you" He looked at Urd as he spoke. "You look rather exotic. I'm quite curious where you are from." His innocent and inquisitive smile bursting from his lips as his eyes lit up before he softly coughed and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Ah I'm sorry, sometimes I come off a bit odd, I'm not use to people talking to me."

"You look rather exotic. I'm quite curious where you are from."

"i am from Fenris" Urd said after consuming another chunk of meat "really try the steak, it's the best i've had in ages" she said dropping a piece on Adams plate.

"Ah I'm sorry, sometimes I come off a bit odd, I'm not use to people talking to me."
"its fine, i've never been off Fenris till i got the summons from the Inquisitor" she said

"anyway, what did you mean by the Inquisitor saved you?" Urd asked curiously

"Fenris!" Adam got even more excited completely ignoring his breakfast all together. "Home of the Space Wolves! I've read all about them. They are my favorite Space Marine Chapter so far! So savage but noble at the same time. I'd sure hate to ever have to fight against them! Do you know any Space Wolves? What are they like? What do they Drink?! Have you heard of Ragnar Blackmane? Have you seen a Wulfen? Or a cyber wolf? Ooooh Oooh are there really no wolves on Fenris?!" I've always been curious about that saying."

Adam could barely contain himself, rattling off question after question as he sat on the edge of his chair, not even realizing Urd had asked him a question of her own.

"Patience, I believe that the lady had asked you a question my good man." Dante remarked out of nowhere as he had finished eating a few pancakes along with some cooked meat that caught his attention. Secretly though he had been paying attention to the conversation, but had not much to say beforehand.

"I like my friend here..." He said looking at Urd. "...are curious to learn about how the good Inquisitor saved you. Not very often that they would go out of their way to save a regular citizen of the Imperium, but something tells me that you aren't regular; there is something unusual about you." Dante said in a calm voice, not trying to insight fear from the janitor.

Urd was kinda taken aback with the sudden line and rapid line of questioning an giggled 'pay back for last night i guess' she thought, figuring Dante would pick it up

"it's fine" she said to Dante

"i've met several Space Wolves, they are our 'brothers' after all" she said referring to her order "never actually met Ragnar him self, but been to a few of his party's, i must have had fun from the hangovers" she said offhandedly "they favor Fenrisian Ale mostly, though those of more 'refined tastes' are know to drink Whiskey, both can be, ... harsh ..., on those new to the drink" she said giving Lith a knowing smirk. "Cyber Wolves, i've seen in action, my Order gets use of them from time to time" she said "Wulfen i've not seen" she said before thinking a second "well, define normal, cause Fenris has wolves, but not sure how they stack up against other planets wolves, since i've not seen any other planets wolves" she said finishing up

"anyway, how did the Inquisitor save you? you must have done something to gain the attention of the Inquisition." she asked again

Leoni came back from the training room with a sweat. Her knife skills still remained to be at top notch despite her lack of combat. She had lost count of how many ghouls and heretics met their end at the edge of her knife. She took a quick shower, and went back to her armor. She made sure it was as cleanest as it could be before wrapping herself up with cloth wrapping. Besides looking like battle-hardened maidens, the Sisters of Battle had to look as angelic as possible and Leoni was no different. Most of her body was wrapped in blessed and tight cloth wrap before she slipped on a robe bearing the mark of the Sacred Rose.

She made her way to the cafeteria once more and fetched herself a meal. She sat herself at her own table and prayed to the Emperor before eating. Leoni looked around and saw most of crew mates enjoying their meal as well but she still wondered how good they were in combat. Being alive wasn't enough for Leoni and she wouldn't give them her utmost respect until she saw them under fire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fredrick choked on his grub as he watched more of his crew members arrive in the cafeteria for their usual fill of food. The only thing that a human or super soldier needs to function to correctly. He drank down his heavily-filtered water remembering how horrible water was on Krieg but like food, you needed to survive. He had some home-sickness of Krieg but he admitted before that any place is better than Krieg and he would have preferred to be born on a Death world rather than Krieg.

The only reason he misses Krieg is because of Carla and Owen. He took a piece of crumpled paper that he remembered having and a pen as well. Fredrick scribbled away at the paper with descriptions of how empty the Battlebarge, the enormity of the ship, the cold metal on his feet every time he wakes up and most importantly, the taste of the water. As much as he didn't like the water, it was certainly better than Krieg water because Krieg water always tasted like blood.

"It's fine." Urd said to Dante as he ate some grapes that were part of the breakfast.

"Fair enough." He said, agreeing with her. "Although, you were a little hyper yesterday as well, when asking me those questions about what it was like being Psyker. But, I pinned that more down to simple curiosity, which I rather enjoyed, gave me a chance to talk about myself. Thanks." Dante remarked quietly to her with a smile. He then went back to his breakfast.

"I've read quite a bit about Cadia and how important you are to the Imperium. It's always an honour to meet a Guardsmen... er Guardswoman. You must be very brave to be the front line of defence against the Eye of Terror."

It'd been so long since Lith'd talked to any civilian who wasn't Cadian, she found his awe amusing. "Well brave is one way to put it, tho' most of us just call it Cadian pigheadedness." She replied still smiling. As she was finishing off her plate, she looked up just in time to catch Urd's smirk as she commented on Fenrisian whisky. Standing, she finished of her coffee while flipping an obscene gesture at the other woman. "Going for a refill." She stated as she left.

After getting her drink, she took a more roundabout route, as to admire the recently arrives Sister. What are you doing this to yourself? It's not like you have a shot...Well a girl can dream can't she? Seeing a fellow Guardsman, she sat down across from him. "I'm Sgt. Lith Ortona, it's good to see another Guard on this boat...Krieg right?"

"Is it that noticeable?" Fredrick asked. He looked up from writing his letter to the company of the female Guardsman. She certainly looked tough and being Cadian earned her his respect. There was a certain fire in her if she's not only a woman and a NCO in a male dominated military structure at that. Her rich brown hair reminded him of Carla's hair but she gave out his name to him and that made him uncomfortable.

"Guardsmen Fredrick Arnhem." He said, humoring her. "I like Cadians. They know how to make good defenses. I've always wanted to visit a Kasr. Did I say that right?"

"Hmm, well close enough for an off-worlder." Lith replied. "Each one is a little different, but other than the size and that there may be civilians about, a Kasr isn't a heck of a lot different than any other fortress." Sipping her coffee she studied Fredrick, something had put him ill at ease. "As for how I could tell....well for the better part of a month my company shared a firebase with a company of Death Korps. I'm sure most people wouldn't know unless you told'em."

Lodrig walked into the mess hall. He was mildly surprised by the amount of people in there. It seemed as if almost everyone from the Briefing had decided to get food at the same time. As he walked in he gave a good natured grin to anyone who looked at him. Grabbed himself some meat eggs, and some sort of citrus fruit. He sat down and began to eat. Taking this time to get the measure of anyone he missed from last night.

The Epistolary stood up after finishing his rations, they were nutritious and that was all that mattered, he didn't pay attention to what he ate beyond those little facts. The rest of the Guardsmen and normal humans filtered in one after another, and gathered around the Inquisitor and her ward at one of the tables, so many empty ones on this ship. So few going into the jaws of hell itself, to do battle with the Chaos Gods and their ilk. He placed his tray back where he acquired it from and walked towards that table, attempting to not sneak as he had earlier in the hallway, he'd seen and felt the sudden surprise and terror from a few of them.

"We're going into the warp... so i figured you could use some decent chow. I hope its acceptable..."

"The food was adequate for its purpose, Psyker Solar, when do we expect to reach the Eye?"

"That's true. If I had my gas mask on then one could really point me out, wouldn't they?" Fredrick put away his letter as he asked his rather rhetorical question and finished the rest of his food on his plate before continuing. "Hm, we're quite the interesting group aren't we? Both a Space Marine and a Sister, a couple of Guardsmen, a tech priest, a few pyskers, inquisitors and a civve. I feel like we're part of a pub joke without the punchline."

"Yeah, well if you find a punchline for this let me know, I could use a good laugh." Lith said, sighing into her coffee. After a moment or two of silence she stood. "I'll let you get back to your writing, just wanted to say hi. Dealing with Inquisitors, Space Marines and such left me fellin' kinda out of my depth...at least with you here I know there is at least somebody I can relate to."

Excusing herself with a nod, Lith was about to rejoin the group when she saw the Astartes standing over them. She'd always been intimidated by Marines and now was no different. Hmm maybe somewhere else then... After a bit of thought she made her way back to Lunette's quarters, and rapped lightly on the door. "Ma'am are you awake?"

"Ma'am are you awake?"

Inquisitor lunette let out a groan. She had a bandage placed on her left breast, above her heart. The bandage had received a light pink spot from the bleeding of the wound underneath. The door was unlocked and slid open by the servoskull in the room. "Ahh... Lith, its you..." she said, sitting up in bed. "Do come in. Still a bit woozy from the drugs." she said.

"The food was adequate for its purpose, Psyker Solar, when do we expect to reach the Eye?"

"We shall be jumping in an hour at most..." the girl said shyly. "Jumping directly after eating can give upset stomachs... I want everyone to be their prime before we leave. If that is understandable ofcourse..." she finished explaining, not having eaten much food herself.

Adam watched Lith get up and leave with her teasing gesture thinking he'd missed something.

anyway, how did the Inquisitor save you? you must have done something to gain the attention of the Inquisition

Adam unknowingly gulped before he responded usually preferring not to think about the events that lead him to his current situation.

"Well, it's kind of a long story..." He said. "Not really something good for table talk" Adam quickly realized as he looked around that these new breakfast acquaintances weren't his usual crowd. "But then again I suppose such tales might be a bit more normal for what you all might of seen yourselves"

Adam told them his tale...

Adam left out a lot as he explained, only hitting the points that were important. He tried to make a half hearted smiled as he finished.

"And that's how I wound up here, I suppose you can say I'm just lucky."

Urd listen to Adams tale of how he ended up on the ship, "sound like your here for the same reason we are, warp resistance, its probably why the plague didn't eat you like it did every one else" she said "your rather lucky over all I'd say though"

"Do come in. Still a bit woozy from the drugs."

Lith stepped into the room, as the door slid shut, and removed her helmet. "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay ma'am." She said. Taking a deep breath she went on. "If I may speak freely ma'am I have a couple of concerns. One is your condition. I have no idea what is ailing you, and it's not my place to ask, but I feel I must know whether or not this will affect our mission. The last thing we need is you having an incident while we are in a contact situation with the enemy. The other is Solara...aside from the fact that I found her in my bunk this morning, is it really safe to take her into the Eye?"

"I can answer all those questions with a story. Though you must swear secrecy to never repeat or reveal what i tell you. Swearing on your life, the life of the emperor and the good of the imperium. If you don't, then you'll have to settle on half answers." The inquisitor said, then burst into a small coughing fit. It took her a minute to recover and her servoskull brought a glass of water for her to calm her throat down. She gave it a nod and the little machine flew into its wall panel.

Lith gulped at what Lunette said, then steeled her resolve. Removing her chainsword from its hanger, she placed it 'point' down on the floor and knelt. "By my life, my word, and all that I am, no secret shall pass my lips. By my name and my oath, for the God-Emperor and the Imperium of Man this I swear." Standing, she re-hung her sword, and settled into a 'stand easy' posture.

Dante listened to Adam's tale of survival and how he arrived on board the ship.

"And that's how I wound up here, I suppose you can say I'm just lucky." He said, trying to make a half attempt at a smile.

"Very lucky indeed Adam. Never would of thought a regular civilian would be able to survive an attack from the Master of Pestilence. I must say that I am impressed." Dante remarked with a smile, raising his glass in the form of a toast before finishing the juice that was inside. He then looked upon an empty plate, feeling rather full. He turned to the young inquisitorial acolyte.

"I must say Miss Solar, that this meal was splendid. Certainly some of the best food I have eaten in a while. Anyway, I think I might check up on Inquisitor Lunette, to see if she is feeling any better from last night's incident. If you'll excuse me everyone." Dante said politely, nodding his head to everyone before putting his plate and glass over for cleaning, then left the mess hall. After sometime, he arrived at the Inquisitor's quarters, and could here voices from the inside.

Well, at least the Inquisitor is up and about. Might as well see how she is in person. Dante thought upon hearing the Inquisitor speak. Figuring he'd best be polite, he knocked on the door.

"Inquisitor, are you alright? It is the Psyker Dante, just came to see if you were feeling well after last night. Mind if I enter?"

"Inquisitor, are you alright? It is the Psyker Dante, just came to see if you were feeling well after last night. Mind if I enter?"
"Not right now. We're discussing personal matters, i'll send a servo skull to fetch you when we're finished." She shouted through the door. "You're dismissed for now." the inquisitor finished.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked