Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Urd's face flushed as Dante talked, it was one of the sweetest things some one had ever said to her. "that was very sweet Dante" she said, restraining her urge to pounce him, again "you are right, i want proof that my time, and more importantly affection are being given to some one who can return those feelings, I'm glad you understand that. so my question is, will you make me the sole focus of your affections?" she had a feeling she knew the answer already, but she still wanted to hear it

"That was very sweet Dante." Urd remarked, her flush definitely looking flushed after the compliments that Dante gave. It looked as though she was ready to pounce on him, again, but managed to keep a hold of herself. "You are right, I want proof that my time, and more importantly affection are being given to some one who can return those feelings, I'm glad you understand that. So my question is, will you make me the sole focus of your affections?" She asked, sounding like she already knew the answer; but it was better to say it. Dante's face as well blushed a little.

"Yes... yes of course I will."

"Yes... yes of course I will."

Urd smiled "i am pleases to hear that Dante" she started "but i've heard those words before, the real proof will be in your actions" she said getting up and standing in front of him "i like you Dante, and i am willing to give you the chance to prove your words true" she said, holding her hand out for him to take

"I am pleased to hear that Dante." She started with. "But I've heard those words before, the real proof will be in your actions." Urd then stood up in front of him, and held out a hand. "I like you Dante, and I am willing to give you the chance to prove your words true." Dante rose up from his chair with determination, and returned the gesture in kind.

"There you go... so, what do we do now?" He asked quietly.

Urd smiled as he took her hand

"There you go... so, what do we do now?" He asked quietly.

"simple, talk, have meals together, hope we don't die or get turned into some demon thing, occasionally sleep together, both literally and figuratively, basically 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stuff, anything further then that should probably wait till after we get out of the Eye" she said, then pulled him into a hug

"Simple, talk, have meals together, hope we don't die or get turned into some demon thing, occasionally sleep together, both literally and figuratively, basically 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stuff, anything further then that should probably wait till after we get out of the Eye." Urd then pulled Dante into a loving hug, which made him feel all warm inside.

"Of course, that sounds to be a rather enjoyable experience." Dante remarked with a caring smile as he returned the gesture. He made sure that the door was shut before kissing her passionately on the lips.

"A handful of people sent to the Eye of fracking Terror. Pardon my gothic. It's just not done, so why?!"
"They want us dead. The warp is something that the imperium believes cannot be purified. with everyone's resistance aboard this ship, it'll be easy to say we were lost to the warp mid jump to the other side of the eye. Dead imperium members are better than warp resistant ones." She replied to Ferosis.

Urd was surprised for a second at the sudden kiss, but quickly returned it.

after a few moments, she broke it and smiled "you learn fast" she giggled "come, lets make sure we still have an Inquisitor"

Urd appeared to have been stunned for a moment by the sudden kiss, but quickly returned it. They held their embrace for a few moments before breaking it. She smiled at him "You learn fast." Urd said, giggling soon after. "Come, lets make sure we still have an Inquisitor." The couple soon walked out of Dante's quarters, and into the hallway.

"You could say I have a great teacher." Dante remarked with a devilish smile, playfully jabbing Urd's ribs with his elbow. "Indeed, best make sure that Inquisitor Lunette is safe before this team's first mission begins." They then headed down the corridor.

Urd smirked at the 'teacher' remark and jabbed him back.

"Indeed, best make sure that Inquisitor Lunette is safe before this team's first mission begins."

"yeah, or it least fit to provide a counselor role"

"They want us dead.

"They want us dead"! Kelvistine jumped halfway out of her seat. "Who wants us dead?! And just because were, resistant... to the warp"? The Commissar was now fully out of her seat, which had fallen over backwards. Completely flustered and jumbling her words, angry and confused.
"I.I,they, not". She expected betrayal would come many times in her life, from soldiers and officers. Maybe others, but this is if as the entire Imperium had turned their backs on her. As if He Himself had. "Mah, my entire life to servitude. And in return I'm murdered and betrayed. By everyone". Kel had been inadvertently making her way towards Lunette, halfway between her body lost the strength to stand. She caught herself on one knee, Kel's hat fell from the jolt. "In one fe.. fell swoop Lu...nette. You've managed to t..ear everything away from me".

A tear rolled down her cheek. Kelvistine pulled herself up, drawing from an untapped pool of inner strength. "Does even The Emperor betray us"?
All what had just raced through her body nearly killed her. A Commissar rarely breaks, she'd just been to the brink and all but a thread remained holding her together. Because maybe, just maybe He still had a purpose for her.
Shoring up her will again. The Commissar looked dead into the Inquisitors eyes. "Does He betray us"?

Arthurius wandered the halls a few minutes more, this was to be their home for the remaining days of their lives, and he felt there was a chance that the crew's final stand would be here, in this very ship. He closed his eyes and thought of the stillness and quiet of the Rock, a place of solitude, training, and meditation. A place devoid of the planet's inhabitants and distractions so many other Chapters had. He was completely at peace and happy in the knowledge that the Emperor watched over them all as they went into the Eye. They had been chosen and volunteered for this great honor, and he had no intention of wasting it for one heartbeat.

Walking back towards his quarters, he passed by the Inquisitor's door, and what he heard from his inside made him stop in his tracks. A Guardswoman balking at the duty placed before them? No less, a Commissar if his ears remembered the voice from yesterday.

"Does He betray us"?

"The Emperor does not betray any Man,"He began, loud enough to be heard on the other side of the door,"He has sent us into the Eye to stop Chaos where we may. Our deaths will not be spoken of, our deeds will go unwritten, but we will die defending the Imperium in any way we can. Our curse is that which give the few of us aboard the chance of a lifetime. Death is our ever-present companion, all we can do is ask ourselves what we wish to do with the time that we have left."

Finishing his speech, he continued down the corridor, entered his quarters, and entered a meditative state, praying to the Emperor once more before they jumped to the Eye and into the heart of Chaos itself. The Fallen would not escape his vengeance, and the rest that aligned themselves with Chaos would fall to his weapons and the gifts given to him by the Emperor and their Ageless Foe.

Finishing his prayers, he threw off the robes he wore, and again put on the armor of the Dark Angels, in all its glory and battle-hardened durability. He finally put on the robes of the Epistolary over his armor once more, leaving his helmet last and tucked under his arm. He would don it when they announced the jump to the warp. Too many Men of the Imperium had died to this abomination vomiting forth Demons, Marines of the Warp, and other unholy artifacts that corrupted the minds of Man. Now was their time to strike back, however small, at the Enemy. He had been picked to fight, augmented to battle, and hardened to war, Arthurius of the Dark Angels Ravenwing was ready for this war of Attrition he knew he would fall to in the end, but determined to fight until his dying breath. Few had ever returned from the Eye, among them Adeptus Astartes, the Eldar's Pheonix Chosen, and countless enemies of the Imperium.

Every day they survived was another hour a colony had to evacuate. Every week saved a planet from annihilation, every month delayed the reinforcements of a Black Crusade. The tactics of the Ravenwing would surely come into play countless times whilst they launched their own Crusade into that place of constant change and darkness.

He closed the door to his quarters and walked to the Grand Hall of the ship, where they had met their caretakers. He stood at attention, helmet under his arm still and his other hand grasping the hilt of his force sword. He was Arthurius, and he feared nothing but the death of the Imperium.

Still lost in thought, Lith wandered down the corridor, not really aware of her surroundings until she walked right into Urd and Dante. "Huh? Oh it's you....sorry 'bout that." She mumbled. Rubbing her face to clear her mind, she smirked at the pair. "So what are you two up to...or do I not want to know?"

As they headed towards Lunette's room; Dante and Urd bumped right into Lith. "Huh? Oh it's you....sorry 'bout that." Lith mumbled as she rubbed her face, finishing on that smirk of hers. "So what are you two up to...or do I not want to know?"

"Nothing overly interesting really Lith. We were just on our way to go see Lunette after having a little conversation. Isn't that right Urd?" Dante asked, subtly gesturing her to respond.

"So what are you two up to...or do I not want to know?"

Urd snickered "why Lith, it sounds as though your implying something" she smirked "anyway, its as Dante said, we're checking on Lunette" she said

"Why Lith, it sounds as though you're implying something..."

"I don't need to imply shit." She replied. "Your body language says it all clear as a lasbolt." Lith adjusted her gear nervously. I should tell them, they should know...but I did give my word. Stifling a bit of a sigh, she went on. "Lunette's okay, just a little tired...it, it was old injury...she said it comes back to bug her from time to time, usually when she's stressed. Well anyways, when I left she was talking to that Commissar, and I got the feeling that she wanted a private word with our good Inquisitor."

"must be one hell of a injury, I'd thought the Inquisition had better medical staff" Urd said crossing her arms "what do ya think? should we drop in anyway? its just a Commissar talking to her ..." she said, in a tone that indicated her dislike of Commissar's in general

Dante listened to Lith's explanation of what caused the incident involving Inquisitor Lunette last night, citing it on some old injury that causes problems for her from time to time on the account of stress. He noticed the way that Lith acted as she spoke; there was definitely signs of nerves, she also looked a little distant, as if she was hiding something.

"Must be one hell of a injury, I'd thought the Inquisition had better medical staff." Urd said as she crossed her arms. "What do ya think? Should we drop in anyway? Its just a Commissar talking to her ..." She then said, her tone indicating an apparent dislike for the Commissariat in general.

"In some cases they do. We might as well drop in, but I am willing to wait until called." Dante said calmly, but then looked again at Lith, noticing that she had the same nerve stricken expression as before.

"You look stressed Lith, how about the three of us head somewhere, and simply relax and prepare for the mission."

"What do ya think? Should we drop in anyway? It's just a Commissar talking to her ..."

Lith had to snort with amusement when she heard that. "One, I'd say let her be as she still looked a bit tired when I left, and two...well as a long term Guardswoman I try to stay away from Commissars as much as I can, it's better for my health."

"You look stressed Lith, how about the three of us head somewhere, and simply relax and prepare for the mission."

"Stressed you say? It-it's just this mission, it's got me all fried in the head. I mean...here we are, barely enough people to field a decent fire team, and we are being sent into the LAST place in the galaxy that you'd want to go..." She said, rubbing a hand over her scarred cheek.Add to that a leader that may or may not be compromised by Chaos...why would I be stressed? "But yeah, finding somewhere to relax is a hell of a plan."

"Guardswoman I try to stay away from Commissars as much as I can, it's better for my health."

Urd laughed "Commissars, are probably the single most useless thing I've seen on the field, though one did try to pulling that 'my word is law' crap on a member of the 'Shield' branch, back handed her when she told him to 'go fuck him self'. if memory serves he wasn't able to walk correctly, talk, or eat solid foods afterwords." Urd said with a smirk "we don't have much respect, or use for some one who barks orders and threats from the rear lines"

As the trio walked, Lith started to get lost again in her own thoughts. What is with you! I thought you learned long ago to not stress about stuff so far beyond your control? She admonished herself silently.

... one did try to pulling that 'my word is law' crap on a member of the 'Shield' branch, back handed her when she told him to 'go fuck himself'. If memory serves he wasn't able to walk correctly, talk, or eat solid foods afterwards." When she heard that, Lith stopped dead in her tracks. First a look of pure horror flashed across her face, but it was quickly replaced by a smirk. That smirk, with an accompanying giggle, quickly grew into a full on smile with a deep laugh.

"Oh Emperor preserve me, I wish I'd been there to see that." She gasped between bouts of laughter. Staggering slightly while she gasped for air, she wrapped an arm around Urd's waist to steady herself. "Oh that settles it. If we somehow survive this insane trip, I'm heading to Fenris. I need to that woman MANY drinks on behalf of Imperial Guardsmen everywhere."

As the group comprising of Dante, Lith, and Urd walked; Urd explained her dislike for Commissars, which started off with a laugh.

"Commissars, are probably the single most useless thing I've seen on the field, though one did try to pulling that 'my word is law' crap on a member of the 'Shield' branch, back handed her when she told him to 'go fuck him self'. If memory serves he wasn't able to walk correctly, talk, or eat solid foods afterwords." Lith had stopped dead in her tracks. Her first expression was a look of pure horror and anxiety, but it was quickly washed over, being replaced with that smirk of hers. This however, along with a giggle had evolved into laughter.

"Oh Emperor preserve me, I wish I'd been there to see that." Lith said in-between bouts of laughter. Dante noticed that she staggered about slightly whilst trying to gasp for air, in doing so she wrapped an arm around Urd's waist in attempt of regaining some balance. At first Dante looked annoyed, but then calmed down, passing it off as just a side effect of the laughter.

"Oh that settles it. If we somehow survive this insane trip, I'm heading to Fenris. I need to offer that woman MANY drinks on behalf of Imperial Guardsmen everywhere." Dante had to admit, that did sound rather funny as well, which came out in a laugh of his own.

"I agree Lith, that certainly sounded as if it was an amusing moment." Dante remarked, still slightly laughing, but had managed to gain control of himself. He then turned to Urd.

"Definitely sounded like it hurt. Glad I'm on your side Urd, *cough* in more ways than one."

Urd smiled as her companions laughed at her story, even holding Lith up as her laughing fit caused her to stumble a bit

"Oh that settles it. If we somehow survive this insane trip, I'm heading to Fenris. I need to buy that woman MANY drinks on behalf of Imperial Guardsmen everywhere."

Urd's smile faltered for a second "Her name was Carmillia. she, was one of many that fell in battle during that last battle with the Thousand Sons." Urd said, with reverence for a fallen sister "a lot of my sisters died that day, so for me, this trip is as much about revenge for the fallen as it is about 'redeeming my self'." she started "the forces of Chaos have taken friends and family from me, and Emperor willing, i will see a thousand heretics and demons slain for every drop of my sisters blood spilled, its the least i can do to honor them"

"Her name was Carmillia. she, was one of many that fell in battle during that last battle with the Thousand Sons." Urd said, showing the up most respect for a fallen comrade. "A lot of my sisters died that day, so for me, this trip is as much about revenge for the fallen as it is about 'redeeming my self'." She began to say.

"The forces of Chaos have taken friends and family from me, and Emperor willing, I will see a thousand heretics and demons slain for every drop of my sisters blood spilled, its the least I can do to honour them."

"A very understandable reason for doing so. Whilst I may not have a cause to fight for by going into the Eye; except showing my faith to the Emperor, I will gladly help you with yours Urd. Those heretics will pay for what they did." Dante remarked with determination to help in his voice, as he held Urd's hand.

"Whilst I may not have a cause to fight for by going into the Eye; except showing my faith to the Emperor, I will gladly help you with yours"

Urd smiled at this and gave Dante's hand a squeeze "thank you Dante, your help will be most welcome"

Taking a few deep breaths Lith let go of Urd, and wiped the tears from her eyes. Wow that felt good. She thought. "Her name was Carmillia. She was one of many that fell in battle during that last battle with the Thousand Sons... Her face grew serious, and she bowed her head as Urd spoke. "Well then, I guess I'll just have to have a drink or two in her honour...and maybe gank a few Sons if I get a chance."

As Urd and Dante had a touching moment, Lith got an idea. Moving around to Dante's free side, she wrapped both of her arms around his spear arm, and mustered up the most 'pure-and-innocent' look she could manage "Say, Dante...you're a big, strong man...I-I was hoping you could help me..." All at once the innocent look was replaced by a mischievous grin. "Tell me, is she a screamer?"

Whilst Dante and Urd were sharing a somewhat touching moment, he could feel his spear arm being wrapped around tightly. Turning his head, Dante discovered that Lith had put on a rather 'pure and innocent' sort of look; which obviously meant she was after something.

"Say, Dante...you're a big, strong man...I-I was hoping you could help me..." At the uttering of the last syllable, the innocence had faded, revealing a mischievous, imp like grin. "Tell me, is she a screamer?" It took Dante a moment for the wheels in his head to click, and figure out who she was talking about, Urd.

'Well, that was predictable.' Dante said to himself.

"I'm afraid Lith, that I cannot answer that particular question; that information is strictly private between myself and Urd here."

Lith puffed out her cheeks like a petulant child and huffed. "Well you're no fun." In short order their travels brought the small group to a door marked 'Officers Lounge'. She stopped for a moment, and weighed her options. None of us are officers...but both Urd and Dante are outside of the normal command structure, and I just don't give a shit.

Stepping through the door, Lith made her way to an unoccupied table, studiously ignoring the dirty looks from the Navy officers in the room.

Urd followed suit in 'childishness' and stuck her tongue out at Lith.

"Officers lounge eh?" Urd said looking around as they enter "eh ... seen nicer places ..." she said with a shrug as she sat down

"Well you're no fun." Lith said, puffing her cheeks out like a petulant child after Dante's response; which wasn't what she was looking. Dante had managed to keep back a slight giggle. In the short time that the three of them walked, they arrived outside the Officer's Lounge. Despite him being a Psyker, he was allowed in to join the others without much of a delay; but to be on the safe side, he handed over his spear to a clerk for safe keeping.

"Eh ... seen nicer places ..." Urd remarked with a shrug as she sat down. Dante soon sat near her.

"I don't know, its not to bad."

"no, it's not bad ...." Urd said looking around "just lacking ... something" she said, not knowing what that 'something' is just knowing its lacking

"No, its not bad..." Urd began to say whilst looking around. "just lacking... something." Dante looked intrigued.

"Really, perhaps its missing a personal touch from you." He remarked with a smile as he briefly looked round the room; several of the officers that were already here, were simply talking amongst themselves, others enjoying a drink or two.

"So, what would you two like to talk about? Or, is there anything you'd want to drink?"

"So, what would you two like to talk about? Or, is there anything you'd want to drink?"

"i'm gonna just drink water for now" Urd said, then turned to Lith "so, Lith, tell me about your squad"

After receiving Dante's spear, the clerk had turned to Lith and asked if she would secure her weapons there, and her reply had simply been a look that by all rights should've turned the poor man to ash...he didn't push the issue.

Taking a seat across from the other two, she placed her larger weapons on the floor and sat. "So, what would you two like to talk about? Or, is there anything you'd want to drink?" "I'll take a coffee." She said, placing her pistol on her lap. "So, Lith, tell me about your squad" Now she began toying with the gun, a nervous habit of hers. "Not too much to tell really...they're a good bunch of guys, but not a hell of a lot different from any other Cadian squad."

Not now, not now! She thought, as memories from THAT fight began to trickle into her head.

"I'm gonna just drink water for now." Urd said quickly before turning to Lith and asking her about her squad back on Cadia.

"I'll take a coffee." Lith responded with to the question of a drink, before placing her pistol in her lap.

"Alright then," Dante began to say, before turning to a passing servitor who had been modified to serve the tables.

"You there, servitor, can we have two mugs of coffee, and a pitcher of water please." He asked kindly. The servitor's cybernetic mind processed this request for a few moments, before trundling off to the galley to acquire the drinks in question. Dante then sat back and listened to the conversation unfold.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked