D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Elgior sighed, ended the projection and floated to the hangar where Jet 12 resided as soon as he heard the order. Leviating took great effort and concentration on Eligor's part but it seems that the matter of a wielder had been totally ignored. While the demonic abomination was certian that no-one would die on this mission, Eligor had his doubts. He took his seat when the pilot opened up the plane, he decided the rest of the sqaud assembled were simply rabble, the off-duty personnal that were more a danger to themselves than the demons D.I.C.E. using ended up slaying. But Isabelle was different.

"Care to tell me about the blade you have there?" Eligor asked.

Aaron saw the sword float up into the jet, and after a quick head count he determined that Eligor was the last agent on this mission. Extinguishing his cigarette with a flick of his finger, he himself finally boarded the aircraft and searched for the lieutenant to harass him about what's going to happen on the mission. As his eyes thoroughly scanned the plane, he paused for a second to take in the sight of the passengers on board it. "Christ, this crew is so motley, you could sew it into a goddamn quilt.", Aaron's cynical mind informed him. As he kept thinking, his disposition shifted some. "At least this could be fun. I still need sleep, though."

Sophie, obviously expecting her hand to be shaken, looks down at her hand when Azkar caressed it, a little surprsied, but she shook it off and retracted her hand. She didn't seem to mind that the white-haired girl was naked.

"A bit," she replied. "I can't turn into a big demon monster. That's gonna be really useful. Just make sure you don't get hit too much."

Having little more to ask Azkar at the moment, Richard went over to his seat, and examined his stuff. Nothing had been touched, luckily. Examining his shotgun, a dark modern one that could store four short rounds, he couldn't help but sigh. He really disliked damaging his samples like that, but even him, if hit hard enough, could get killed. That wasn't a pleasant thought. When a demon had jumped you, nothing worked better than a shotgun towards the chest or head, at least if you were unable to aim a gun or use a sword. If he could have chosen, he would of course have used a sword, since nice clean cuts didn't butcher the specimen like a gun did.

In the pocket of his coat he kept a few different shells than usual, which one of the other scientists had forced onto him for testing. It had been the last time, actually, but he hadn't used them. Supposedly, it was supposed to store an acid of some kind, capable of causing massive damage to a demon's cells. Now, that was the last thing Richard wanted to do, but should things come to it, he guessed even he valued a human life more than a few more samples.

"I choose this one!"

Garath smiled and began to shuffle the cards, occasionally stopping to spray them from one hand to another. While he shuffled Akzar spoke with some of the other agents, Richard in particular seemed to be very interested in her abilities, and was discussing the nature of souls with her.

Garath looked over Akzar, wondering how she ended up like this, a little girl talking casually about eating human flesh and souls.

He stopped shuffling, he carefully selected a card from the center of the deck and held it up for her to see.

"Is this your card?" he asked, holding up the queen of diamonds, smiling, she was still holding her card, but her card was indeed the queen of diamonds. He took back the card from her and shuffled both of them into the deck, then handed it to her to examine, knowing that she would find no doubles.

"So are you with D.I.C.E? I didn't know we had another agent in this sector"

"DICE?," the being asked quizzically. He looked into the distance in thought as he walked.

"Ah. That experiment in organized demon hunting the UN funded. No. By know means am I an agent of this DICE of yours. Though I do know much about demons. That does not explain your presence however"

The guy talking turned his head slightly and smelled the air.

"Clearly human. And by the looks of it, nothing more than a soldier. You are ill prepared for this kind of work"

"Care to tell me about the blade you have there?" Eligor asked. Isabelle unsheathed the blade, allowing him to look at it. She then looked at him as she spoke.

"This? Suppose I could, after all Eligor, we have some time on our hands. This sword has been apart of my family ever since it began; each and everyone of us has used it as our primary weapon in the defence of mankind, and the destruction of the demonic horde. Despite its age, it has never lost its sharpness, due to the magic that was cast on it when the blade was first forged. It has seen much blood in its time, and no doubt it will continue to for years to come. These runes that are etched upon its surface, they are its most recent addition. They allow the blade to be enchanted with the arcane elements at my disposal."

Simon noticed he'd been left behind. Shit he needed to catch up. As he heade back out to the lift to get to the Hanger, Simon realised that he was still wearing the jeans, tshirt and jacket he had arrived in. They hadn't given him any kit yet just the I.D badge he had pinned to his jacket. He ran to Division one Armourey assuming they wouldn't mind if he borrowed some kit for a mission. He grabbed a armoured jacket shrugging out of his one and pulling the heavier garmant on. He just remembered to pin the badge on the new one.

Simon sprinted down the corridor, his fae nature allowed him to move much faster than a human and his footsteps were barely audible. Rather than wait for the lift, Simon took the stairs. Taking them two at a time, he was puffing hard when he arrived in the hanger. The door to the aircraft had already shut when he slammed into the side of the craft and knocked heavily. "Hey guys wait for me!" He shouted through gasps for breath. Just my luck, new on the job and already late for the first mission. Bugger.

Mister Science Man reached behind himself to flip the door-opening switch, still keeping an eye on the rest of the people, including Azkar. He stood up and strode over to her, mulling her over.

"Interesting..." he poked at her hulking legs, "I'm sure we could fix this, after the trip. Heck, maybe even right now!" he pulled out a few test tubes and a game controller from his coat. "What sort of things would you like your lower body to do?"

"Interesting..." Mister Science Man said as he poked Azkar. "I'm sure we could fix this, after the trip. Heck, maybe even right now!"

Was he serious? Richard was still unsure of what the man could do. If he could fix her, why hadn't he done it before? "This could get interesting," Richard thought. Then the science man took out a game controller.

"What sort of things would you like your lower body to do?" he asked.

"Ehm... or just kinda silly." He looked at Azkar, trying to read her emotions. How would she react? After all, perhaps she managed to catch what Mr Science was trying to do.

As the door to the Jet opened, Simon let out a breath of relief. When the door was fully open he climbed up the steps. "Thanks" he said to the young guy by the door release. Taking a seat Simon calmed him self. He had finally stopped panting from his run up the stairs. He planted the pole of his axe between his feet and took out a piece of rough cloth from his bag. He gently began rubbing the head of the axe, polishing the metal.

Asking no one in praticular "Why would you let a guy who's been here less than a few hours on a important mission?" He Inquired "I mean I know I have my powers and I can use my axe but it's not like I'm a proper combatan. Yet."

Seeing that Simon had arrived, The lieutenant signaled for the pilot to get them moving. Raida closed and latched all the doors, and strapped herself into the pilot seat. After the calling into the hanger staff, she flip a few of the switches in front of her and the jet roared to life.

"Why would you let a guy who's been here less than a few hours on a important mission? I mean I know I have my powers and I can use my axe but it's not like I'm a proper combatan. Yet."

"Well that's kind of the point. You have to start somewhere. It might as well be now"

The hanger doors pulled open, and at the end of the runway was a spiraling vortex of blue, radiant energy. Raida pulled the jet off towards the open hanger door and accelerated her speed enough to take off. Hitting the spiral of energy caused a slight jolt on the jet, but not enough to knock anyone who was standing up off their feet. Within a few minutes they were moving through the sky at an even altitude.

The lieutenant sighed a nervous breath of relief, glad to finally be on the way there.

The greenhorn had finally caught up with the others, Eligor was glad that his snirk couldn't be seen now he had stopped with the astral projecting. The half-fae sat that and polished a fancy-looking axe with a piece of cloth, all while Isabelle droned on about the sword, whose appearance was rather drab in comparison.

"Why would you let a guy who's been here less than a few hours on a important mission? I mean I know I have my powers and I can use my axe but it's not like I'm a proper combatan. Yet."

"If you need a teacher, look to me," Eligor replied, hoping to entice him, "I am the only blade that can teach a young squire like you to be as good as a mighty slayer of Division One."

The Lieutenant gave the signal and the jet's engine fired up and soon they took off, flying into oblivion. Seeing as there was nought to do to wait until they had arrived to their destination, he turned to Isabelle again, hoping the interrupt of their conversation on his part wouldn't branish her opinion of him.

"Ah yes... A family sword," He said, "and an enchanted one at that, interesting. Well I've been passed through generations of families myself."

"Well that's kind of the point. You have to start somewhere. It might as well be now"
"I guess" Simon replied to the Liutenant.

"If you need a teacher, look to me, I am the only blade that can teach a young squire like you to be as good as a mighty slayer of Division One." The demon blade offered. Simon was tempted. The blade must have a lot of experience but then it was still a Demon. "Thanks, but no thanks. I still have my axe, A present from my Father" Simon said looking at the blade.

As the jet began to take off Simon braced the axe in his hand, moving his hand with the cloth away from the sharp blade.

"Ill prepared" Mikhail spat out the words "I may be human but I've seen plenty of combat against demons and other threats. Although by the way you knew that I was human your obviously one of them"

Mikhail stopped and aimed his rifle at the man

"Explain yourself, before I put a bullet in your head".

"Explain yourself, before I put a bullet in your head"

The man stopped and laughed hard at the sentiment.

"You soldier types. Always thinking with your guns instead of your brain"

The man turned around slowly. Hi face a till obscured by the hood of his cloak.

"Assuming your conventional bullets did manage to harm me, what would you do after that? Run through the woods some more until those monsters behind you eventually catch up? Not exactly a solid course of action there"

"Ah yes... A family sword." Eligor said "And an enchanted one at that, interesting. Well I've been passed through generations of families myself."

Before Isabelle could respond however, the jet came to life as they set off towards their mission. It hurtled down the runway towards a swirling vortex of blue energy. She could feel the slight jolt as they went through it, but wasn't effected. After they had levelled off and began flying at a level altitude, Isabelle spoke.

"Have you now?" Isabelle mused with a curious tone, wanting to know more.

"Care to tell everyone on board a bit more about yourself, it might help with passing the time. Actually, would anyone care like to talk about themselves?"

Mikhail smiled

"Well at least I'll go out in style. So mind explaining who you are and how you got those demons to stop chasing me?" he said lowering his rifle

After no reply came, Danny took action. He turned to the thing and noticed that someone was making conversation with it. She had blonde hair and was quite attractive; why she was talking to it he had no idea. He asked her, "Hey excuse me, I'm new here and I'm sort of low on ammo, like no ammo at all. Do you know where I could acquire some? I don't really plan on fighting the demons with bad language." He'd get out of his seat if he had to but Danny hoped it wouldn't get to that since he was in a plane full of badasses that could kill him just by thinking it. They could do that, right?

Aaron finally managed to pin down the Lieutenant and was busy explaining his plan, showing him the map of the compound, and berating the Lt. for not properly informing him about every single detail and letting him stake out the area. At the sound of "Actually, would anyone care like to talk about themselves?", he promptly shoved his face into his hands, muttering: "Oh Bhudda, not this conversation again."

He waited a beat for anyone to respond, and when no one did, he stepped in. "My name is Aaron Pertition; I'm in Division 4; I shoot things; I learned about DICE from my dead parents who left or something; I did some freelance hunting for a while, then I was caught and shafted into working here. It's not exactly up to OSHA standards, but it sure as hell beats a cubicle." Hardly missing a breath, he continued to rant at the Lieutenant.

"If you need a teacher, look to me," Eligor said, "I am the only blade that can teach a young squire like you to be as good as a mighty slayer of Division One."
Mister Science Man turned away from the naked girl/demon to look at Eligor. Throwing the things he had procured from his coat over his shoulder, he walked over to the sword and picked it up.

"I'm sure you could teach me something," Mister Science Man mused, inspecting the blade from the hilt. "You don't see a thing like a talking sword with an eye every day, you know!"

"Hey excuse me, I'm new here and I'm sort of low on ammo, like no ammo at all. Do you know where I could acquire some? I don't really plan on fighting the demons with bad language."

Sophie turned to the new voice aimed at her, her burning red eyes settling on Danny. She didn't seem hostile, just a little intimidating, despite her attractive face.

"I can get you some," she replied. She didn't move to get up, though. "What kind of guns do you need ammo for, and how much do you think you can carry?"

"What kind of guns do you need ammo for, and how much do you think you can carry?"
Aaron chose this time to butt into the conversation, but like Sophia, he didn't move from his spot. "He uses a Smith & Wesson model 500," he informed Sophia, "and general weapon/armor stuff is on your left, take what you need.", he informed Danny. "Also, next time pack a Taurus Raging Bull. The latch is simpler, and there's a Picatinny Rail on top. Thing can kill an elephant." His job done, Aaron turned back to his magical stolen folder and let them on their way.

It was dark in here. That was annoying. So was the fact that there was little room to move and that a few cases of equipment had been stacked on top of the containment unit. Hence the dark.

Still, he admittedly wasn't planning on moving much for a little while in any case. The latest experiment had left a lingering ache in some of his joints, though that should pass soon, as much of it had already gone.

Feeling the movement of the plane taking off, all feelings of annoyance turned to excitement. He was getting to go out again and see some more of the world! Well. Perhaps. Assuming they needed the equipment obscuring him from view.

Azkar laid the cards out on the floor of muscle her pale abdomen was connected to and began to look through them. She looked up at Garath giggling "That's amazing!" She smiled and clapped her hands together as she handed them back with several extended tentacles. She pouted at Garath "You're not allowed to tell me how it works though because you're a magician!"

"Interesting..." he poked at her hulking legs, "I'm sure we could fix this, after the trip. Heck, maybe even right now!" he pulled out a few test tubes and a game controller from his coat. "What sort of things would you like your lower body to do?"

Azkar's large leg buckled and fell to it's knee heavily as the armor plates exploded outwards and dozens of tentacles erupted from her flesh, tipped with cruel, serrated barbs. They stopped a hair's width from the man's chest as more hung still, ready to instantly wrap him up.
All while this was happening, her large eyeless head hung menacingly above him, jaw dislocated and wide enough to swallow him whole. The massive abomination brought it'self around and Azkar leaned out, bringing her face right in front of his.

Her expression was cold. "After an amount of time you would find incomprehensible, I was released from the most terrifying and horrible plane in existence. To be this." She spread her arms and motioned to the rest of her twisted visage.
"Through all my pain and suffering I came out unbroken. I believe... I KNOW, that I was destined to become this. To save the innocent and punish the wicked."
Azkar stared into Mister Science Man's eyes with a grimace. "I suffered so that others will not have to. I cried so innocents won't have to... This had to happen to me..."
Azkar began shaking and hugged herself tightly as her disturbing extremities withdrew and she stood back up. "My divine purpose is what made me endure. To imply I don't have a purpose and that I'm simply damaged goods... Is insane."

Eliezer sat there quietly, slumping into his chair as the plane took off and went through some sort of portal. Clever way of hiding where the base actually was, he was hoping to find out where had been held all this time, whether it was in the idyllic country side or an arctic tundra would make all the difference during his next escape attempt. If he really got desperate he could always jump off the jet, with or without a parachute.

Maybe he would bump into Raguel on the way down?

He decided that he might as well have a look of who would get in his way if he decided to jump out. Most of them were the same hunters he had seen in the meeting room, and some thing that was spouting on about having a divine purpose. It sounded like the same person (he was hesitant to say person now that he had seen it) that said it could absorb demonic or human flesh to regenerate.

"Divine purpose, eh?" He started laughing "Well you nest start punishing all of us, no ones innocent"

Both his body and soul were tied to this plane, what did he have to loose? If things did go bad it would serve as a distraction and make it easier to escape.

Azar grinned and nudged Eliezer with a hulking, armored arm.

"Nobody is completely innocent... Not many people are capable of visiting excess pain and terror on people as they're flayed alive and bathed in fire. All the while twisting their memories and perverting everything they hold dear and sacred though..." she muttered dejectedly.
As if she she already completely forgotten about what she was doing she shrugged as her back lowered and her body began to fold and fit back over. But before she disappeared back within her armored exterior she muttered.

"Your cynicism is cute. But misplaced, you're not worthy of my scorn." Her chest sealed. The beast flexed it's powerful arms and shook it's head as it's flesh tightened, the tendons and armor squirming and fixing into place. Azkar's mind pulsed as she switched over her senses and asked "Can the details of team structure and objectives be given now, please?" the psychic message echoed forth as she faced the Humans bickering about the operation.

"That's amazing!" She smiled and clapped her hands together as she handed them back with several extended tentacles. She pouted at Garath "You're not allowed to tell me how it works though because you're a magician!"

"Glad you appreciate it, not everyone around here does," he said looking around the plane, "Guess working with real magic everyday does that to a person, but you know I have a book about how to do sleight of hand tricks, you could borrow it if you want."

He turned his attention to the strange man in a lab coat who Akzar had just stared down, who was now inspecting a sword as if nothing had happened, "Hey I've got an extradimensional portal you can study, trouble is I can only ever pull rabbits out of it," he said, pulling a crumpled top hat out of his bag, stopping to pull a stuffed rabbit out of a hidden pocket in it before tossing it to the man. Hopefully that distracts him, he thought, d6's could be annoying sometimes but this one seemed to be deranged, and the last thing he needed was some crazed "scientist" getting them all killed because he was curious.

Turning away from the strange scientist he felt Azkar's psychic message resonate in his head. "I agree, he said aloud, none of us know where were going and what to do when we get there, some of the people here have never been on an op before, and I think we're giving them a pretty poor example of how these are run."

"What he said. I can carry as many rounds as my pockets can fit," Danny said before turning to Aaron, "Oh and I prefer the Smith and Wesson 500, it is, after all, the most powerful handgun in the world. Besides, I've got to keep the theme of Smith and Wesson handguns running for policemen like me. Yeah, I'm a detective. Or rather, I was one. Some may say a gun like mine is over-kill, I beg to differ. One gun for all situations, ranging from petty criminals to demons." He then turned back to Sophia.

"I'm assuming I can just get them from there or could you conjure some up? I'm new to this whole magic thing." Danny didn't want to be disappointed; if you could conjure up balls of ice couldn't you do the same for bullets?

"I'm assuming I can just get them from there or could you conjure some up? I'm new to this whole magic thing."

"Matter of fact, I can," Sophie replied. "And in the case of the things we're fighting, there's no such thing as overkill," she said, patting her grenade launcher and bullpup.

After rubbing her hands a moment, she holds her hands open wide, and after a quick flash of red light, a full magazine for the S&W500 is in each hand. She holds them out to Danny. They feel warm to the touch. "Gimme a second and I'll come up with some more."

"Can the details of team structure and objectives be given now, please?"

"Team structure's the same as it always is." Ghost muttered, staring out the window and getting his mind prepared for combat. "Everyone has their own skills, everyone has their own equipment, and nobody's worked with anyone before this op. I'll do what I can to keep everyone informed, but beyond that, no promises." Listening to what few conversations he could hear over the noise of the aircraft didn't improve his mood any. I'm gonna be surprised if we all make it back from this. Half these people probably couldn't tell me which end of the gun the bullets come out of. Gonna be a long night.

He went through the motions of checking his equipment again, both to pass the time and to make sure everything was in peak condition. Ghost noticed a bit of a rough spot in the finely honed blade of his knife, so he began working on the edge with his whetstone. This knife might be the difference between survival and an early grave... gotta keep it sharp. Nothing more useless than a dull knife. The sound of the stone was calming in its rhythm, and it helped him reach the state of calm alertness so many professionals relied on. He was ready.

"Matter of fact, I can," I love this magic thing!

"And in the case of the things we're fighting, there's no such thing as overkill." Danny was impressed, especially because those were the first real military weapons he'd ever seen. When someone was used to seeing, and using, civilian weapons their entire life, they couldn't help feeling in awe.

Danny stared at Sophia's palms in greater awe as she conjured up two magazines. It took him a few seconds to realize she was offering them and, when he did, he accepted them grinning like the time he first saw a gun in action. And just like that time, he wanted to see it again.

"Gimme a second and I'll come up with some more." Danny blurted out "More? You can make more? Damn I love this magic thing! Two more will do thanks. I'm Danny by the way, what's your name?" He would have offered a handshake but she was occupied.

Azkar had reacted quite... interesting. Richard had wondered how she would react, given how she spoke about souls and her being as it was a natural thing. She seemed upset by that Mr. Science would fix her, which actually was more of a understatement, and said some pretty... well, he didn't really know how to describe what she said. She finished up by:

"My divine purpose is what made me endure. To imply I don't have a purpose and that I'm simply damaged goods... Is insane."

And Richard looked away, wondering if just watching was the best action, or just him wanting to see something interesting. "Well, no reason for me feeling bad, it was far too interesting for me to disturb. At least I had the sense of not crossing the line." However, he still didn't look at Azkar, even when she answered some of Eliezer's usual cynicism. Richard closed his eyes again, feeling bad for a reason. He'd never have any troubles with flights before, but perhaps it was because he was tired?

Azkar asked aloud if they were going to be put into teams and such, and that Garath spoke soon after.

"I agree, he said aloud, none of us know where were going and what to do when we get there, some of the people here have never been on an op before, and I think we're giving them a pretty poor example of how these are run."

Well, Richard didn't really care who he was on group with, as long as it was a sword-user or two. He wanted good samples, after all. He could swear he heard the guy who wanted to be point man mutter something, but he didn't hear what he said, with so many conversations going on in the room. "I wonder where we are headed. If it is somewhere hot, that might mean I have to work a little faster, since the samples would get bad earlier, but if it's too cold, they might get damaged. Somewhere a bit chilly, but with no snow would probably be best". It was useless to think about, since the weather wouldn't change with him thinking about it, but it kept his bored mind occupied.

Azkar pondered about the book on sleight of hand as she let her mind wander, searching the plane. She noticed Richard was a little uneasy, which made her sad. She didn't know how to interact properly and had begun to rant, which probably didn't help... Not to mention trying to intimidate the scientist.

"Team structure's the same as it always is." Ghost muttered, staring out the window and getting his mind prepared for combat. "Everyone has their own skills, everyone has their own equipment, and nobody's worked with anyone before this op. I'll do what I can to keep everyone informed, but beyond that, no promises."

Azkar's mind echoed throughout the plane as she faced the man. "I would suggest people with little combat experience or martial prowess stay near and behind me then, if that is the best you can come up with."
Azkar began to think that this mission had such horrible logistics on purpose. But shrugged it off.

"I would suggest people with little combat experience or martial prowess stay near and behind me then, if that is the best you can come up with."

Well, that sounded like the best option for Richard, but there were this tiny problem. Looking slightly away from Azkar, he said, more carefully than he normally would have; "That sounds like it would be a good option for me. However, do you always eat the demons? Like, every single one?" Why was he sounding like that? Done was done, right? It wouldn't help him if he avoided her, especially not when they might be on the same group. He finally looked directly at her, and added, a lot more sure of himself; "You know, I do like having something to actually pick up."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked