The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 26 NEXT

Lucia Listened to the Agent talk, whom ever she worked for wanted to recruit her? She wasn't expecting that. "You still don't treat each-other as equals, not counting the non-human problems your race faces, humans STILL judge each-other based on the most meaningless part of a person, they're skin color. Though your race has gotten better about it even if it took a few century's, so theres tha at least"" Lucia said laying down and and rested her chin on her front claws.

"But this begs the question, why me? Barring the problematic nature of what your asking for a moment, what exactly makes 'me' so interesting to your bosses that they have sent personnel to recruit me? It can't be just because I'm a Platinum, if that's all you wanted you could likely work out an 'agent exchange' of some kind with The Inquisition." She said, in a neutral, but curious manner, it was an odd request to be sure, and she wanted to know more before expressing any interest.

"True," Sally admitted, "But they are becoming more and more of a minority. The US president is an African. Besides aren't dragons social standings defined by the metallic color of their skin?"

"But this begs the question, why me?"

"Trading agents is always a risky business," Sally admitted, thinking on her feet "We don't ever want a conflict of orders, and if either side is caught being a double agent, it could ruin the races of both people for a long time. A life time for your kind can extend longer than entire civilizations of ours. The UN is only considering "Non-Member Entity" just today to Queen T'mat's government, because of how much news is buzzing about how you, a Platinum dragon, saved an airline. If our agents or the Inquistition's agent does anything wrong, we could lose all progress made to build relations between humans and dragons. Besides, what does a single human give to an agency of dragons"

"You, however," Sally, turned back to Lucia, "You aren't an agent. Your just a citizen, as far as we know, somebody that can be trained and have no training that we would have to undo. Your loyalty wouldn't be as questioned, and less people would be paranoid about your every move. If make a mistake, it wouldn't come with nearly as many diplomatic repercussions. Your also the first Platinum we have seen since the great migration. All I ask ."

Sally got up, looking in her jacket. "If you ever want to know what kind of people we have become, to see how much we have evolved as a species since what ever bigots you must of met centuries ago," Sally pulled out a DVD, levitated it, "Watch this."

As the copy of "The Princess and Frog" had landed on Lucia's hands, Sally had pulled her Iphone and vanished.

-Clarkson-

Surrounded by three mugs, two bottles, and a bar keep monitoring his intake, Clarkson downed another beer.

"That bad huh?" The Bartender said.

"Worse," Clarkson said, before filling his cup again, wondering if he should skip right to the whiskey.

Theon let out a loud chirp as he began to flap his wings and take off. Seras smiled with delight as she saw the lights of the London nightlife from above; it was like they were stars amid a cloudless sky. This was the way she wanted to arrive in London, flying high above the clouds. Seras could sense a question entering her mind, but this time it was from Theon instead.

"Am I going to fast for you Seras?" Theon asked, sounding worried for her. Seras smiled again before responding.

"Everything is just fine Theon, its all just perfect, just like you Theon." Seras remarked, wrapping her arms around him, but enough to hopefully not cause him problems with the light.

"Everything is just fine Theon, its all just perfect, just like you Theon." Seras said wrapping her arms around him. If Gryphon's were able to smile happily, then Theon would be smiling very brightly right now. "You are the only truly perfect person I know Seras." He said using their mental link. He then looked around, it was too bad London was this busy. If it hadn't been he would have showed Seras something even more interesting, but he would have to save it for later now.

The hospital appeared in the distance, he began flying toward it. He was a bit saddened that he would have too land soon, still he was more worried about Terra. He began descending in front of the hospital, a few people stopped and looked surprised as the gryphon. As soon as he reached the ground he looked at Seras, and once again offered her a paw to get off his back.

"You are the only truly perfect person I know Seras." Theon said to Seras through mental link. It caused Seras to blush a rather deep shade of red, feeling a little overwhelmed by the comment, enough that she couldn't think of the right words to say in response. The sight of the hospital soon took her mind off it as it came into view. It was a shame that the flight had to end so suddenly, she could of spent hours up here gazing at London, but there was more pressing matters at hand.

As they came into land, Seras could make out the surprised face on a few people as they saw a Gryphon come flying in. Seras couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of stunned face. She soon saw Theon look at her, and then a paw she could use to get off his back. Making sure she was gentle, Seras carefully got off, and stood somewhere safe; she then spoke to Theon mentally.

"Thank you Theon, that was... magical."

Lucia looked at the DVD case in her clawed hand, wondering what it was about this movie that was supposed to change her mind, but decided to head back to the hotel and give it a go. Lucia slid the DVD case in to a small sub-space pocket she used to store her most valuable items and took off.

--On The Roof--

"What the situation with our 'hero'" the same dark hair agent from early asked a female agent with 'brass' colored hair as he walked across the roof toward the watching post "She had a visitor, Inquisitor Theodor, a female agent from some earth based organization, who ever they are, they seem interested in getting Lady Draken to join them" she said, drawing a 'really...' expression from Theodor as they both watched Lucia take off and fly back to her hotel. "Send the recordings gathered here to the Princess, with everything that's happened in the last several hours, we shouldn't rule this offer out" The female agent was surprised by this "But, wouldn't it be an act of Treason for her to accept this offer?! We'd have to hunt her down and kill her as a Traitor" Theodor paused, the young agent wasn't wrong in the assessment of what would happen "That's true, but as we speak Earth's UN representative is talking to ours, and talking about bring us into the UN. The Queen is about to get her wish, and Lady Draken saving that plane was the final shove to get us there, so hunting her down as a Traitor is no longer an option, in fact we may have to encourage her to accept." The female agent's expression still expressed concern, but still had her team gather the recording of the conversation and prepare to move out.

--Jade--

T'mat sat in her quarters watching several news reports from Earth relating to Lucia saving the plane that ad been record and sent with the report of the incident, as the early morning light peered through her window, next to her a message from one of her ambassadors about the UNs offer to bring them in and what they would have to do when they did. This rapid turn of events concerned her, not just because of the accelerated pace, but the pressure that was now going to be on Lucia, while she was proud of what she'd done, she still wished some one else had been the one to save the plane, some one who wasn't historically irresponsible.

--Main Base for The Inquisitions Earth based operations--

Princess T'mat the second, or 'Denice' as she went by on Earth was also watching the news of Lucia's actions, even lifting a glass of whine in toast of what she'd done, next to her, two reports, one being the one on the incident on the plne, the other regarding 'seals' in Italian alps. Denice pause the video feed as a call came through "Pardon the intrusion ma'am, but you need to hear this" an agent said over a video only channel before playing the conversation between Sally and Lucia. Denice didn't really react so much as thought on the implications. "Do we know which agency is propositioning her?" "We believe it's the PIA, several of their agent are in the area due to the on going issue of that female Litch" Denice took a sip of her whine "Thank you, I will handle this matter from here on, I want you to finish up in London and head to Italy, there is a matter there we need to stop before it starts" The Agent on the other end acknowledged the order and closed the line, Denice then pushed a button on the table, bring up a line to communications "Get me in contact with the PIA, we have a couple matters to discuss"

--The Hotel--

Lucia sat in her room, in the early parts the animated children's film, one she found her self liking so far, although what ever point the agent was trying to make with it was lost on her thus far.

Seras carefully got off his back, Theon was happy that the trip had been without accidents. The sweet voice of Seras then appeared inside his spirit. "Thank you Theon, that was... magical." He was very happy that she had liked it, there were more then a few people who were scared of his powers. He fell apart once more, chaining back into a bleu liquid.

The liquid seemed to flee within the clothes, and then began to rise. Within less then a second it had already taken a human like form, and after precisely a second Theon had appeared. "There we go, as good as new." He said dusting his jacket off, he then looked up and smiled at Seras. He offered her his arm, ignoring the looks that were cast at them. "Shall we go inside now Seras?" He asked smiling.

Terra

Terra sat in the cafeteria, staring at the gelatinous cube that was purportedly Jello. She found herself disbelieving the claim, based on the fact that a similar cube had bounced - when dropped - from the floor to a table. No food could possibly be safe for consumption when it had the same elasticity as a rubber ball. Then, none of this was unexpected. It was hospital food; not fine dining.

Terra stared out the window. She'd seen a Gryphon fly over head some time ago; she suspected it was Theon and Seras. They would be with her soon if she was correct, so all she could do was sit and wait.

"Come back soon Richard; I need you." she called out silently, but receiving no answer.

"There we go, as good as new." Theon said as he dusted off his jacket after returning to his regular form, if such a thing can exist for a shape-shifter. He then smiled at Seras as he offered an arm out to her. "Shall we go inside now Seras?"

"Might as well, no doubt Terra is already at the cafeteria waiting for us." Seras said as she accepted the arm, ignoring the still stunned expressions on the people that were nearby. The couple soon entered the London Royal Hospital. They asked at the reception desk which way it was to the canteen, after explaining to the lady the reason why they would be going there so late at night, she kindly directed them towards it.

Entering the canteen they saw Terra sitting all alone at a table, she looked rather sad, and who could blame her; her boyfriend was laying comatose after injuries that looked rather severe. Seras smiled as they approached her.

"Hey Terra, its great to see you again in person." Seras said as she offered a hug to the lonely Succubus.

-Lucius-

Lucius floated in his room, equipped to none of a Lich's needs, for a couple of hours before trying something he hadn't tried in centuries. He just hoped he'd be in range. He glanced to the door - he didn't need people watching this - and muttered to himself "Magi Domum". For a couple of seconds, a faint white Aura enveloped Lucius' form, before an ancient chamber appeared in front of his eyes. It had worked - he hoped flawlessly, though he'd have to check his wards - a Teleport with no magical signature. The system had taken him decades to perfect, and it only ranged to 300 miles, but it was far enough for his purposes right now. Maybe with some time - some PIA resources - he could extend it. Lucius looked around his old Haven, happily noting that little had changed. A magically powered automaton, a little decayed in areas, but functional, rolled past the doorway. Lucius wandered aimlessly for at least an hour, before he came to his old map room. The names were a little outdated, but it would do - Arzhela's lair was still marked, and its previous configuration plotted on one of his charts. Now how to persuade them to come along? Of course, he could just activate the system and include them, but the incantation would be long and obvious. After another thirty minutes or so, he began forming a spell trigger - old technology, detectable if looked for, but reliable. He muttered the words to the device, the incantation to bring the entire group here without warning. As a precaution, he added a few clauses - time no longer a limit to the spell. Firstly, he added that all teleported beings would revert to their natural state, as close by as they could fit; Secondly, no weapons would be transported with their wielders - they would all be moved to his armory for the time being; Thirdly, and finally, any spells in effect on any persons transported would be cancelled. Happy that his plan would work, Lucius set the teleport target to his map room, locked all of the doors, activated his traps, and muttered "Magi Reditus", blinking back into his room. A quick examination of his wards proved his teleportation to be without signature.

"Hey Terra, its great to see you again in person." Seras said as she offered a hug. Terra didn't hesitate to take it.

"It's great to see you too Seras. You too Theon; thanks for coming." she said, not really sure what else to say. She wasn't sure what else to do really. With all the confusion and frustration and exhaustion, Terra was truly running on empty; and no amount of not-jello would change that.

"So... how was the meeting?" she asked, trying to avoid thinking of Richard and the plane as much as possible.

"It's great to see you too Seras. You too Theon; thanks for coming." Terra said after accepting Seras's hug, to which the young Dhampir smiled in response, feeling good about helping a dear friend.

"No problem at all Terra. Your a friend to both of us, and well we couldn't leave you behind, it wouldn't feel right."

"So... how was the meeting?" Terra asked, probably not wanting to talk about Richard at the moment.

"It was an interesting discussion, though Theon and I caught the tail end of it due to use checking into our hotel; luckily for us, Lucius in one of his more civil and less egotistical moments managed to fill us in on the details. Apparently according to one of his contacts, Arzhela the She-Lich from before is amassing an army, which currently stands at 1000 strong; however he is unsure of the intention, no doubt a conquest of some sort, which is troubling.

Fortunately for us, we have a man, or rather undead on the inside. A double agent for Lucius, who is a zombie named Rhingyll. I don't trust him at the moment, though seeing as how he is the only source we have for Arzhela's activities; we can only but trust him.

There was a another person there, a lady named Fiona Dubois, who comes from a race of beings called Samasarian's; some how they are able to reincarnate. According to her own testimony she was on the plane as well at the back, but I don't recall seeing her, both before and after we got on the plane. There is something about her that doesn't fit properly." Seras said, giving Terra a shortened version of the most recent events.

Lucia lay in her hotel room, staring up at the ceiling and thinking, less on the racial implications of the movie, IE, the richest white girl in town is both best friends with and willing to give up what she wanted for her fiend whom happened to be a minority. seemed like a bit of a stretch to her, as the subject of Tiana's race really only came up once, in passing.

It's was a cute movie, and Raymond's death made her tear up a bit, and the death of the Shadow Man seemed rather, brutal, given this was a children's movie, what got her attention was the song about what you want verse what you need, so she lay on her bed staring up at the ceiling, The Ancient One's Tear, in hand, what little light there was in the room causing the beautifully crafted tiara to shimmer. She stared at the Tear, for a good hour, lost in thought, remembering things she'd been told over the years

"Fine, you win." she said to her self as she returned The Tear to it's hiding place

Seras finished giving her a recap, which left Terra with but one comment. "Sounds like quite the group and quite the mission. I hope you all stay safe; you and Theon especially" she said, a little concerned for her oldest friends safety. "I could try and see what they're up to if you want?" she offered, pointing to her head to suggest the telepathy.

Though Terra didn't much like the idea of breaking into other minds, she didn't want to leave Seras and Theon in danger. It was hard enough with Richard in a coma, she if Seras or Theon were hurt - or worse - she didn't know what she would do.

In a back ally, two agents talked in hushed voiced

"Here is frequency of transmission, only will work for three hours..."

-EU PIA headquarters-

Director Bowl sat in a darkened room, waiting for the last precautions to be finished just to make sure the signal couldn't in anyway be used to track the location of this facility. Some clarity would be lost, and their would be a slight time delay in the transmission, but it was small and was a small price to pay. It was rare for such a high ranking member take any calls, but they need to send a friendly face.

"Opening communication channel... now," A communication officer said in French, before switching on the sound and video.

"Hello Queen T'mat," the director said in German, hoping the translation software wouldn't come out with an insult, "I been expecting you."

---Inquisition HQ; Earth---
The Princess smiled "I hope the day has found you favorable Director, I am Princess T'mat the second, Head of the Earth bound Inquisition." She said, correcting him, it was kind of a pet pev of hers people continuously mistook her for her mother. "If I have been expected, then I shall not delay." Denice hit a couple buttons bringing up a map of Italy, highlighting two spots in the Italian Alps and a third on Mount Olympus in Greece "As I'm sure your people are aware I have launched Operations in Italy and Greece." Starting with the higher priority issue first "My people are re-enforcing seal on three dragons, and the initial report I received from is that some one was tampering with these seals, I can not stress enough that these seals must remain intact at all costs. It is to that end I would like the aid of the PIA in reenforcing them, your magics differ from ours, and you have tools at your disposal we do not, will you help us with this?" She asked, as she set her whine glass down

"While you consider that, there is the matter of the Platinum Dragon your trying to bring under your banner. If this where a few days ago I'd be quoting our laws and starting in on how it could be viewed as an act of treason if she accepted. Things have changed however, and truth be told I've been arguing with Mother about a similar issue for a few months now, so if you wish to bring Lucia into your organization, I will see to it nether the PIA or Lucia her self are harassed" She said in a tone that could be called 'playful business' "But tell me Director, how did you figure her secret out? It's not likely she told one of your agents, or anyone else for that matter." Her tone still playful in nature but hinting that she knew more about Lucia then they did.

Director Bowl nodded her head. "My apologies, apparently their was a miscommunication."

Bowl glared at one of the agents out of the view screen. He might be 2 feet taller and much fitter, but the coldness of the glare could bring fear to even a Lich's heart.

"We wondering what was happening to those hikers," Bowl said, flipping through a tablet to the relevant information, "We will lend whatever assistance is needed. The U.N. vote for "Non-Member Entity" is only in three days away. Lucia's actions have only just pushed enough on the fence nations to approve of the vote. Any dragon related massacres or attacks in the middle of Europe would kill any hope of that being approved."

..."There is the matter of the Platinum Dragon your trying to bring under your banner. If this where a few days ago I'd be quoting our laws and starting in on how it could be viewed as an act of treason if she accepted. Things have changed however, and truth be told I've been arguing with Mother about a similar issue for a few months now, so if you wish to bring Lucia into your organization, I will see to it nether the PIA or Lucia her self are harassed..."

"Here on Earth, the only constant is change," Bowl said with a smirk, "Get used to it. I thank you for your support."

"But tell me Director, how did you figure her secret out? It's not likely she told one of your agents, or anyone else for that matter."

"Records of sale," Bowl said flatly, "Of a Mauri family in a French sugar colony. A long standing legend of the island stated one of the slave girls became a monster, before "going away to a land where she could be free." The mother was found and resold, we found no records of the daughter appearing ever again. Lucia is the only recorded dragon who's human form is ethnically a Pacific islander. It was far from hard proof, so thank you for confirming what we all suspected."

Seras said "Might as well, no doubt Terra is already at the cafeteria waiting for us." She then accepted his arm, and they walked inside together. After asking for directions they soon found the cafeteria, he spotted Terra sitting alone at a table. Seras stepped forward first, as Theon was trying to think of what to say. "Hey Terra, its great to see you again in person." Seras then hugged Terra.

"It's great to see you too Seras. You too Theon; thanks for coming." Terra said looking exhausted. "So... how was the meeting?" She then asked, he was still thinking of what to say. He wanted to hug Terra, but then again maybe she wouldn't want that. Seras then began telling Terra about the meeting and such, to which Terra responded with "Sounds like quite the group and quite the mission. I hope you all stay safe; you and Theon especially" She said sounding concerned.

"I could try and see what they're up to if you want?" she offered, pointing to her head to suggesting telepathy. Theon shook his head; he also hugged Terra finally deciding to throw caution to the wind. "Thank you very much for the offer Terra, but I don't think that is a smart idea. I think a few of them have some sot of telepathy, and they probably won't take kindly to anyone looking around in their head." He then released the hug and smiled at her.

"Thank you very much for the offer Terra, but I don't think that is a smart idea." Theon said, after pulling her into a rather unexpected hug. "I think a few of them have some sot of telepathy, and they probably won't take kindly to anyone looking around in their head."

Terra nodded; they understood the situation better then she did. "Okay." she offered, without much else to say. After that, a short, awkward - at lease for her - silence settled over the cafeteria. Still not really wanting to address the elephant in the room, quickly changed the subject. "So, either of you hungry? The cafe should still be open for a while yet and the food isn't bad... well, except the Jello" she said, ending with a joke to try and lighten the mood; for her own sake as much as the conversation's.

"Huh ..." Denice started, some what surprised but how easily they figured it out "Didn't think those records still existed, but glad I could help I guess and there's no need to apologize Director, I get confused for my mother rather frequently, expect it anymore" she said, some what annoyed by how often it happens. "Just be-careful what you say to her, as I understand, she can be quite vicious if the subject of her origin is brought up in a way she deems insulting, anyway, I shall Inform my teams in Italy and Greece to be expecting your people, thank you for the assistance"

-Director Bowl-

"Technically they don't," Bowl said, "They were tattered remains before being burned in a fire about 15 years ago, but some library took high quality scans of it."

"We will need the coordinates of the seals," Bowl said, looking through the information on the recent Italy dragon sitings, "And all the information on whatever is contained within. Containment teams will be there in the morning plus any various magic users we can obtain."

-Agent Richard-

Richard had stayed in the hospital, but been giving Terra plenty of space. The doctors had no idea what had gone wrong with the mage, all vital signs are fine. Some theorize that the Mage just completely drained so much magic that he tapped into his own soul, but none of them knew the first thing about magic. Richard kept an eye on Terra as Theon and Sera walked in. He pulled out his phone to send an update.

"Two unknowns have come near targ-

-Ordinis de Magicis-

Six high mages stood in the rune circle. The spell they were about to craft was a complex one. Only they, the mages of the one TRUE order of magic, could possibly have the power and the skills needed to even attempt such a powerful magic. Ancient laws forbid it's use to all but the high seven. The seventh of their number, the most powerful and obviously most wise, readying his own teleportation spell.

A human puppet had witnessed many things on the sapiens lesser means of flight. The first sight of the heretic in months, the lap dog to the human organization of secrets and lies. Whispers state that this rogue Mage has corrupted other witches and warlocks, applying more of the ancient arts to human trinkets.

The puppet also heard an undead calling to help eliminate one of his own kind. A Hellbeast spoke to the traitor, possibly looking into that corrupted mind. The Hellbeast has been found, not among the Lich hunting party, but crying crocodile tears over another mage who dealt with elderich things. However, that crime doesn't begin to compare with the heretics, some deals must be made for the greater good.

The six spoke, "Mandamus spatium, tempore communi, Ordine de magicis postulat vos retardo pro illis qui habet ad informationem quaerimus."

-Hospital-

For Terra, Theon, and Serra, everything else suddenly slowed to a stop. The light changed, shifting to the red. A bright flash of light and a loud (but heavily distorted) pop was heard, before an old man wearing a gaudy purple robe and a tall pointy hat appeared.

"Hello," Glinoma Cladin Howtertzin Webfont said, "You are going to tell me everything you know about the heretic."

---Inquisition HQ; Earth---

Denice hit a button and brought up a second, separate line "Is the data package ready?" the communication officer nodded 'yes ma'am' "Good, send it"

"This data is old, and in desperate need of updating but records from that era are scarce at best, and short of releasing these three to gather data on them, it's all we have" Denice said with a sigh.

---Hotel---

By this point Lucia had fallen asleep, memory's of her past life not haunting her as they where earlier

Terra had just finished asking Theon and Seras if they were hungry when the world slowed and went red. With a loud popping sound, she the world returned to normal, but her location had changed dramatically. Before her stood a man, dressed in purple robes and a pointed hat. It didn't take a mind reader to determine he was a wizard; though the mind reading did help.

"Hello, you are going to tell me everything you know about the heretic." the main said, in a stern voice. The first thought that ran through Terra's mind - after the short-lived panic - was "What Heretic?", though she kept the thought to herself.

A quick mental scan indicated no one in the immediate vicinity, though magic could be hiding them. She felt out for the wizard's mind, finding it protected by a remarkably weak protection spell; the kind she could crack in her sleep even before she'd met Richard.

Her calm returned, Terra spoke up; mimicking the arrogance in the man's voice. "And why, pray tell, should I answer anything you have to say? If you have any sense, you'll send me back to the hospital. Now." Terra was in little mood to play and there really wasn't any reason to see that changing.

The only good news was she hadn't had a chance to eat since arriving in London.

"I am Glinoma," The wizard said in a loud, hammy voice, "Seventh of the Seven high mages of the Ordinis de Magicis."

"We know you have spoken to the heretic wizard, the one who has combined our ANCIENT craft with the lesser powers of sapiens. This wizard has charmed the tools and toys of mere humans, shunning his own kind to be with lesser beings, we think he even has perverted the minds of others of magical blood to his heretical ways. This wizard is working for mere humans, working for some organization of secrets and lies, keeping us of magical blood down for human benefit. This is the highest of crimes against the very nature of magic itself, surely a Hel-" Glinoma stopped himself short of the racist slur, "-demon such as yourself would understand such things must be punished."

"If my wisdom is to far beyond your feeble mind," Glinoma said, not even noticing that Theon and Sera were staring at him, "Then I shall make you a deal. Your lover sits on a table. The humans have failed to do anything. While I would hate to see any mage, even one who has dealt with powers he shouldn't, come to harm, if you don't help me, not healer would dare lift a finger to help him."

Glinoma inwardly smiled at how clever the lie he just crafted was, waiting for Terra to submit to his will.

Roland sighed with relief when no one had spotted him. It would have been troublesome to say the least if he'd been caught, especially since he hadn't really overhead anything too important. He flew back down onto a chair and tried to decide what to do next.

He didn't feel like going back to sleep just yet, he had too much on his mind at the moment for that and he was too damn hungry. He considered trying to get something to eat from here in the Ritz but decided it was probably not worth the hassle if the rest of the staff was as easily frightened as the receptionist.

Having nothing better to do at the hotel he decided to leave and fly around London for a bit. He left through an open window and flew down the street, stopping every now and then to take in the sights. It was when he landed in front of a pub that he spotted Clarkson sitting inside. Roland wondered if he should go inside and have a chat. Sure, John had promised to help him but if his superiors said no then there wasn't much either of them could do...

Terra had just finished asking Seras and Theon if they wanted anything to eat, when suddenly Seras looked at the clock and noticed that it had stopped moving. What soon followed, the lighting in the cafeteria changed to red, then a loud pop could be heard, and as if from nowhere, a man dressed in a gaudy purple robe and matching pointy hat appeared; the classic textbook definition of a Wizard. He appeared to completely ignore the presence of both Seras and Theon, instead talking directly to Terra.

"Hello, you are going to tell me everything you know about the heretic." He said in a stern voice. Terra asked why she should tell the Wizard anything, copying the tone in which the man spoke in. The Wizard soon introduced himself as Glinoma, Seventh of the Seven High Mages of the Ordinis de Magicis. He went on to explain the purpose for his 'visit', saying that he was looking for someone who was apparently a heretic for '...combined our ANCIENT craft with the lesser powers of sapiens.' Only a few minutes into his spiel, and Seras was already hating the man, even more so than Lucius. His total condescending nature and arrogant swagger was getting on her nerves.

Despite all this, Seras was already figuring out who Glimona was searching for. It was someone who had combined magic with a so say 'lesser' power of mankind. The closest thing Seras could think of would be technology, which lead her to a single outcome, John. Then, Glimona delivered what could only be described as an ultimatum of sorts.

"...if you don't help me, no healer would dare lift a finger to help him." Seras could sense something wasn't right about that last sentence, and not just the potential ramifications.

"What if this so called 'heretic', was vital to an important mission? And if I may be so bold as to ask you, how exactly have you come by these accusations, and how exactly has this heretic perverted those of magical blood to their ways. If you are to make such a statement, then you must have the evidence to back it up."

Terra could barely maintain her composure in the face of the wizard. In the course of a few sentences, he'd insulted everyone in the the room in one way or another, and threatened Richard's continued existence. If not for Seras's timely questions, Terra had the feeling she'd have another police investigation to deal with.

Fortunately, thanks again to Seras, Terra found herself with a second option: telepathy. As soon as the Seras had asked the questions, and the wizard gave his involuntary change in focus, Terra cut through the weak spell protecting his mind; accessing all the information she could want - including his now apparent bluff.

Glinoma stared at Seras as she spoke, and for fair amount of time afterwards, as his mind tried to comprehend the extremely obvious the impossibility of this situation, till he finally figured out the spell must of effected them as well, since they also hold the information they desire.

"The hunt for Azhela is none of my concern," Glinoma said dismissively, "If she ever becomes a real threat to anything that matters, the Seven will destroy her in but an instant. Our sources are beyond questionable. Several of our greatest students were brainwashed into running away, denying their heritage and becoming subordinates to human will. One of them has been seen speaking to the blood traitor, using a human I device with her spells."

Glinoma looked at Theon, "If you, bloo- vampire, tell me where the heretic is hiding, who he is, and everything you know about him, I can fix the defects of your puppy."

Glinoma patted Theon on the head, finding the vampire's pet adorable.

Terra seemed do understand, and then said. "So, either of you hungry? The café should still be open for a while yet and the food isn't bad... well, except the Jello" The Jello did smell bad. Theon was just about to turn around, when the time began to slow down around him. There was a strange popping noise, and an old mage appeared. I hate mages... All of them. Theon thought looking at yet another smug high strung wizard. "You are going to tell me everything you know about the heretic." He said to Terra.

"And why, pray tell, should I answer anything you have to say? If you have any sense, you'll send me back to the hospital. Now." Terra sounded just as arrogant as the wizard, this brought back memories of when he had first met her. "I am Glinoma Seventh of the Seven high mages of the Ordinis de Magicis." He had no idea what that meant, or why he should care. "We know you have spoken to the heretic wizard, ...demon such as yourself would understand such things must be punished." He was obviously talking about John, but calling her a hell demon crossed the line.

"If my wisdom is too far beyond your feeble mind... not healer would dare lift a finger to help him." And now he was threatening her too? Theon's jaw grew a bit, as a few small animal like features began to appear. Seras then suddenly spoke, and He noticed he was able to move again. "What if this so called 'heretic', was vital to an important mission? ...If you are to make such a statement, then you must have the evidence to back it up." Theon slowly managed to move his body, and he then started reverting himself. The anger didn't fate however; who did this asshole think he was?

"The hunt for Azhela is none of my concern.....using a human I device with her spells." He did not care about Azhela, but he did care about John? The man seemed to have gotten his priorities mixed up. The man then looked at him, and said "If you, bloo- vampire, tell me where the heretic is hiding, who he is, and everything you know about him, I can fix the defects of your puppy." ..Defect puppy?... Defect puppy!?...DEFFECT PUPPY?! The man then patted his head, and something within him broke.

He lowered his head, his shaggy hair covering his face. The last thing he saw was a flash of red, Theon fell backwards into a black pit. His anger had taken over; there was nothing he could do now... Meanwhile outside of his body Theon grinned. He lifted his face, and showed two cold empty eyes. They looked different from his normal eyes and he looked much older. There was something wrong with him, and Seras spotted the small eye effect. He was shape shifting, and not a little bit either.

A wide grin then crossed his face, as he moved his right arm upwards with incredible speed. His body had undergone massive changes, his skin was as though as diamond, black hair began to grow all over his body, and his clothes were beginning to grow too tight as new muscles appeared. His right arm seemed to have changed into a giant blade. The blade was heading towards the mages arm; he seemed to be aiming to chop it in half.

"The hunt for Arzhela is none of my concern.... Our sources are beyond questionable. Several of our greatest students were brainwashed into running away... One of them has been seen speaking to the blood traitor, using a human I device with her spells." Glimona said rather dismissively, caring very little, if anything about the potential danger that Arzhela was. Surely if he knew that she was a Lich, then he must know how powerful she might be. He then looked at Theon now.

"If you, bloo- vampire, tell me where the heretic is hiding, who he is, and everything you know about him, I can fix the defects of your puppy." Glimona then decided to pat Theon on the head, no doubt finding it rather cute. But Seras already could see the terrible mistake he just made. Words like that have no doubt struck a nerve with Theon, and with everything else he had been through, surely he was going to snap.

Seras looked at Theon, hoping she might be able to calm him down before it was too late. But all she saw was a pair of cold, dead, and empty looking eyes; no hint of emotion whatsoever, and Seras could see the small effect in his eye from whenever he shape shifted. For one of the first times in their relationship, Seras was scared of Theon, and was slowly backing away from him; tears forming around her eyes.

Theon then suddenly charged at Glimona, and Seras began to see the extent of his changes. There was black hair all over his body, the clothes he wore looked like they were fit to burst at any second. And his right arm, that was the worst; it had formed into a giant blade, and it looked as though he was set to chop Glimona's hand off. Summoning some courage from her heart, she called out to Theon from her mind.

"THEON! PLEASE, STOP, YOUR SCARING ME LIKE THIS! Please... please stop. Please... please don't do this." Seras shouted at Theon, showing a mixture of anger and sadness. She then collapsed onto the floor, and started crying.

Terra watched the events between Theon, Seras, and the wizard unfold with growing worry. Theon had either gone off the cliff or was en route. Seras seemed to be trying to slow him down but without much success.

Theon began to transform, creating a blade from his arm, and attacked the wizard. Terra could understand his reasoning. The wizard's head was filled with horrible self-aggrandization, racial prejudices, horrible acts of experimentation and at least one situation involving a goat that could only be described as illegal for several reasons. Still, if Theon killed him, Theon would go to jail; leaving Seras behind. After all the work she did to try and get them together, she was not about to allow Theon to spend his life in jail and leave Seras alone. Seeing no other options, Terra resorted to the one tool she had on hand that would work; her manipulation.

Changing her perception to that of the mental world, she pulled upon the strings of Theon's emotions - trying to change the rage he felt to a more calming. Her few experiments with the power had been limited; her own hatred of the ability handicapping it significantly. She could only hope that the power work, given the urgency of the matter. As she pulled the string, she could feel the barrier she kept against her demonic self shake and crack for it was not a power she could use without her contained darkness.

After the act, she slipped to a knee; an enormous amount of her power drained. With nothing left but words to rely on, she spoke up; hoping to bluff her way into the wizards retreat. "Glinoma Cladin Howtertzin Webfont: I do not take threats lightly. You call me feeble minded, but my powers show otherwise. You will leave me, my friends, my family, their friends and families, and everyone aboard that plane alone or I will spread every secret you and your order have as far as my powers will allow; starting with the story of you and the goat."

Glinoma had been rendered speechless as the blade touched the skin of his arm, drawing some blood. Werewolfs shouldn't be able to do that... werewolfs CAN'T do that. Glinoma felt something in his mind, a tickling sensation, he felt something else. Glinoma saw Terra on her knee.

"Glinoma Cladin Howtertzin Webfont: I do not take threats lightly. You call me feeble minded, but my powers show otherwise. You will leave me, my friends, my family, their friends and families, and everyone aboard that plane alone or I will spread every secret you and your order have as far as my powers will allow; starting with the story of you and the goat."

She must of used all her power to break through his mind protection spells! Nobody dared to even try before. These freaks weren't normal, she must be an arch demon in disguise! If the heretic is dealing with these monsters, what other horrors does he have on his side? He must discuss with the other six. Glinoma pulled out his wand.

"Lanuae Magicae!" Glinoma vanished in the same flash of light he appeared in, before time resumed at it's regular pace.

-Richard-

"-get, I..."

Richard stared at the group, seeing the other girl on the ground crying, the guy holding out his arm as a giant knife, appearing to teleport to that stance before his vary eyes.

"...Targets appear to of moved in an instant, unsure of cause."

-Director Bowl-

Bowl looked through files. These dragons were far above the odd rampaging Silver breed that the PIA has dealt with. The third concerned her the most.

"Call for all available EU based forces, make sure the militaries of the nearby nations are on high alert tomorrow," Bowl got up, yelling at her subordinates, "Teleport in any free magic using agent we have, alter weapons systems to counter dragons. Top priority is the Wyrm."

Bowl turned to video screen.

"We will keep you updated on all developments, I ask you do the same. Let's hope we have a routine day tomorrow."

Bowl walked out the door as video feed was cut. A lot of work needed to be done, and very little time to do it."

Theon's mind was filled with nothing but anger and primal instincts, he was barely holding on to his sanity. He woke up in what seemed to be a cage, the cage that had previously been locked. "DAMNIT!" He shouted as he grabbed the bars, he had managed to escape after all. Suddenly a voice spoke to him, " THEON! PLEASE, STOP, YOUR SCARING ME LIKE THIS! Please... please stop. Please... please don't do this. " Seras sounded very scarred, and then began to cry. Theon screamed in response, the blood link didn't work right now. "LET ME OUT!" He screamed as he was once again filled with anger, he grabbed the bars and began pulling with all the force he could muster.

Meanwhile outside of Theon's mind, the alpha was standing still. There was blood of the mage on his arm, but he seemed to have fled. He slowly turned around wanting to attack more people, but he felt unnaturally calm. Something began to pull him back inside. His eyes lost their cold look, and then quickly closed. The body fell backward, as it began to revert to his original form. Its eyes remained closed, and he remained completely motionless. Theon meanwhile kept pulling at the bars, but to his frustration he couldn't rip them apart. Suddenly the bars on the other side were ripped apart; a hand reached in and pulled him out of the cage. He was then placed on the ground, and looked around to see Sandulf.

He formed a sword but Sandulf lifted both his arms. "Relax; I am not here to hurt you." He looked up and down the werewolf, and then formed his arm back. "Then what are you here for?" Sandulf shrugged "Isn't it obvious, I am picking sides. If it is a choice between you, and someone who wants to kill me it's an easy one." Theon nodded, he could understand his logic. The alpha side could probably also control him, which would be a problem. "He should be here soon." Sandulf said, as he began to turn into his werewolf form. He looked at Sandulf, he decided to trust him.

"Listen Sandulf, Alphas have the power to control other werewolves. I think we might need to...'Fuse'." He suggested, Sandulf looked surprised. He then sighed loudly "Guess I don't have much of a choice... Sure whatever." He stretched out his hand, and Theon took it. But nothing happened "Are you sure this will work?" Sandulf asked looking suspicious; he looked down at their hands. He didn't know if it would help... But before he could react, their hands began to give off a strange light. Theon and Sandulf were both pulled forward, and they began to be fuse.

Theon opened his eyes to find himself lying on the ground, he was covered with fur. He slowly stood up, and looked around to see that he was still inside his own head. The area around him seemed to be a lot calmer; he then focused, and noticed he was able to talk to Seras again. He sent her a message. "I am so sorry Seras... I never meant to scare you. But that just now wasn't me....It was the thing in the cage, the cage opened... You know the one I told you about earlier. He came out, and is in here somewhere trying to take control. I will have to find him, and deal with him....I hope you can forgive me." He looked around, and noticed a black spot on the horizon. At least he knew where he had to go; he started walking towards the black thing.

"I am so sorry Seras... I never meant to scare you. But that just now wasn't me....It was the thing in the cage, the cage opened... You know the one I told you about earlier. He came out, and is in here somewhere trying to take control. I will have to find him, and deal with him....I hope you can forgive me."

Seras heard a voice inside herself, causing her to wipe away the tears long enough to focus on who it was, Theon. She looked over towards the body of the werewolf, seeing that it had fallen over, the eyes were closed. Looking around, Seras saw that Glimona had long since vanished, perhaps the sight of Theon's sudden change scared him off.

"Good. He deserved it." Seras told herself as she dragged herself over to the werewolf, whose body was slowly changing back into Theon's. She sat beside the body, cradling the head in her arms as Seras spoke, hoping she could reach the part of this werewolf that was Theon.

"I... I forgive you Theon. I was just very much concerned and worried about you is all, and rather scared over what you had become, it was unlike you to act like this. Now I know who truly is to blame, I want payback for what happened; so hold on tight Theon, help is on the way." Seras said with a smile, before turning to Terra, who was down on one knee, she looked rather drained herself. She also noticed the man sitting opposite them.

"Terra, when your able, you might want to explain to the gentleman over there what just happened." Seras then began to enter Theon's mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Seras arrived, she appeared to be standing in a forest, similar to the one she landed at the last time. Standing up to see if everything was still there, Seras noticed that she looked different, instead of her normal clothes, she was wearing a set of silver coloured armour and a matching helmet, which she was somehow able to see clearly through. There was also a dark red cape with gold trim around it. Looking at her side, Seras noticed that she had a large sword on her left hip.

"What the hell has happened?" Seras asked herself, before a voice spoke to her, its tone familiar, and as it got louder, it became clearer who it was.

"It appears that your form has changed upon entering this mental realm." Mileena said as she walked closer towards Seras, who was wearing the exact same armour as Seras.

"No doubt due to my presence within your subconsciousness, your blood link with Theon has somehow accessed my memories, and has pulled up this version of me out because of it. If I'm honest, the armour suits you." Mileena said with a slight smirk on her face, as she took a moment to walk around Seras.

"So, this is what you wore all those centuries ago?"

"Indeed, for the most part at least Seras. I believe this is what I referred to as my Knight Form, as I could change into several to help with any given situation. You will not need to worry about having any troubles handling that sword though, my memories are being synchronized with your own, think of it as me imparting my knowledge onto you." Mileena remarked with a brief smile as the pair walked out onto the forest and into a large field, off into the distance they could see some large mountains to the right, and a large black cloud ahead of them. Closer to home was two large cages that were opened up wide. Seras knelt down next to them as they arrived, her hand going across the metal bars and the claw marks.

"This must have been where that other werewolf was being kept." Seras remarked as she stood up. She could see a werewolf close by, her mind told her that this was the one causing the problems, being that it was so close to the cage; but her heart told her that this one was friendly.

"Guess you better go after him then Seras, you know how much better he'll be with you alongside him." Mileena said as she walked towards Seras, and went into her, a red glow forming around the young Dhampir for a moment.

"Indeed. He needs me, as much as I need him." Seras said, as she began to walk towards the werewolf.

---Inquisition HQ, Earth---
As the line to the PIA went silent, Denice opened a line to the leads of the three teams, partly to inform them of the PIA's involvement now and also to get a status update. They had nothing new to report and didn't seem to mind that PIA where coming in force to help.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked