The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

A massive suit of uniform armor inside a wizard cloak, a beautiful woman with a book who's pages never ended and a Roman in armor and a Wizard cloak stood infront of her. The armor spoke, and it resonated in and out of the fibers of this universe. It's voice seemed genderless "WE ARE THE THREE. I AM THE ARBITRATOR-LAW. TO MY RIGHT IS THE ROMAN-AND TO MY LEFT THE SEER. WE ARE HONORED BY YOUR COMPANY, BUT WHY HAVE YOU COME? DO YOU NEED SOMETHING OF THE ASCENDED?"

"I am exploring my options" she said as she approached he three the sat before them, her voice carrying the same light rasp to it as she did when she revealed this form to T'mat "My mission on Earth, or Jade if you prefer, seems to be nearing its end, Dragon kinda has grown to the point where they no longer need me guiding them away from the path that would ensure their annihilation, even now, they seek aid from human, to keep the few truely 'bad apples' among us in check, it fills me with great pride to see this day, but I am sad as well, if my 'children' no longer need me then what am I to do?" she paused collected her self a bit "Which is why I'm here, I wish to remain 'useful', to use my power in such a way that it is still a befit to those around me, and those whom I've spent several millennium guarding, there are enough magical types that gain power and do nothing of value with it, and I will not be one of them" she said, then, against her better judgment, giggled "Sorry, it just, been a really long time since anyone been eye level with me, it's an oddly strange sensation now"

The Arbitrator 'nodded' it's hood. "WE ARE HAPPY TO MEET WITH YOU, LUCIA. PLEASE, LET US SPEAK ON THE HELP WE CAN GIVE YOU, AS YOU ARE RIGHT IN YOUR POINT ABOUT LETHARGY." The Seer piped up with humor in her tone "If it makes you feel any better, I'm taking this modest form because of my... abilities... making things normally seems so very small to me. To be able to stand next to my fellows and you feels odd, but nice in a way. So at the very least, I understand your interesting perspective situation in a way, and I'm sure my fellows understand it in some way as well."

The Roman merely smiled cheekily at all of them.

"Yes?"

Aktikin briefly checked to see if the voice changing software was working, an the various signal anti-tracking measures were online (which included mics getting it directly from sound projectors, losing some quality but making it physically impossible to track the signal). Aktikin then breathed in, brought the mic closer than spoke with an Eastern European Accent.

"Is this the Order of the Ascended?"

Aktikin briefly looked to his communication expert, who was rubbing his head. The guy wrote a message stating that the signal was coming from the Moon. At least they knew they were dealing with the Ascended alright...

-The Italian Alps-

The helicopters for Task force "Dragon Slayers" started to split apart, breaking up into three main groups to head to the various dragon seals. The ones after Cichol had a layer of rubber on the helicopters, with the soldiers wearing insulated rubber wet suits under their standard cold weather gear. The ones after Dr'az were covered in various Runes, making it far harder to transform them into a golem (if nothing else, it would take more energy). Each also had a pack of C4 next to the fuel tanks, with a person on each other helicopter had a remote detonator. Just a lot more helicopters and fighters when towards the last seal.

When each of the sub groups got to their destination, some pealed off as well, landing on other slopes to set up various beyond the horizon/second line defense weapons, mostly missile banks and high caliber AA-guns.

The main supply helies landed. Sally, followed closely by the Chi-master Bai Zhi and a battleon of troops, stepped out onto the snow.

"The Pheonix has landed," Sally said into her radio.

"This is someone who is loosely affiliated with the Ascended, and I can get you in contact with one of their Judges"

"Alright, what do you want?" Clarkson said, taking another sip.

Roland glared at the peanut and the barkeep for a bit before replying.

"Oh nothing really. I thought I'd spend the evening among some pleasant company. But I couldn't find any so I ended up here with you," he quipped.

"This is someone who is loosely affiliated with the Ascended, and I can get you in contact with one of their Judges."

"Alright," Aktikin said as he wrote something down on a piece of paper, "We would like to speak to one of the Guardians about having one of your Ascended help us with a particular problem..."

Aktikin held a notepad which said, "Who does this number belong to?"

-Clarkson-

Clarkson glared at the bird.

"What are you REALLY here for?" Clarkson said, "I have dealt with enough @#(($%^* today. Get to the point or @#$^ OFF."

-John-

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZ."

John continued to snore, unawakened by the demon's presence. He had forgotten to set any defensive charms because he had been so exhausted.

Fromanzio

"...Really John? Sleeping on the job again? Unacceptable! And here Fromanzio went through all this hard work to make his return memorable!"

This sinply would not do. Fromanzio HATED being ignored almost as much as he hated forests. John was going to have to learn some manners. He briefly considered invading the poor human's dreams, but figured he had better things to do. Instead, Fromanzio uttered a small chant and his pointer finger turned into a sharpie marker.

"Teach you to ignore the most important demon on this plane!"

Fromanzio quickly drew all over John's face. The ink he used was demonic in origin so unless John had a powerful priest and plenty of holy water, these markings would last a few days before fading. The prominent feature of the drawing was a new unibrow along with some swirlys on his cheeks, "Fromanzio was here!!!" written on his forehead and a very small depiction of male genetalia drawn on his chin entering the bottom of his lips.

His masterpiece done, Fromanzio phased out of the room to return to Zaheer. He could talk to John later. "Sweet dreams! Hohohohueho!"

"Alright," Aktikin said as he wrote something down on a piece of paper, "We would like to speak to one of the Guardians about having one of your Ascended help us with a particular problem..."

Aktikin held a notepad which said, "Who does this number belong to?"

Aktikin's communications man frowned and scratched his head, the number routed seemingly endlessly across the world until it just started picking up symbols and letters he'd never seen before. He honestly had no idea who or what made the phone or network that was calling, the only response he could give his boss was a weak shrug

Richard's sister smiled in the closet-these people really did have no idea how separated the Ascended were from the rest of the magical society. "Well. The military arm of the Ascended is called the Legion, for one, and the Guardians are entirely a separate organization. We and the Ascended that are on Earth currently will however, happily aid you. What do you need done?"

Terra

Between the relief of getting Richard back and the nearly 36 hours of constant worry before it, Terra was tired. She tried to stay awake, focusing on the conversation between Richard and Agent Richard, but about the time the the agent started asking about Guardians, she'd lost her ability to remain awake.

It returned to her briefly when another wizard - who's name escaped her - appeared in the room. She honestly wasn't even sure it was real.

She put her head on Ascended Richard's shoulder and fell into a deep, restful sleep. His shoulder made a great pillow.

Fiona

About the same time, Fiona awoke in her bed, feeling well rested. She quickly arose and readied herself for the day. She brushed her teeth, took a show, dressed, and spent a few minutes in commune with the biosphere. All was good.

She made her way down to the lobby and into the little cafe within. She ordered some black coffee and a bagel, as she awaited the rest of the ragtag team to arrive.

As the mist around them faded, Seras opened her eyes to see that they were finally back in the hospital, and saw that Theon was staring right back at them, letting a smile escape her lips as she kissed him on the forehead. After both of them helped the other up, Seras looked around to see what had happened; and noticed that Richard was somehow awake, and talking to the agent from before. She lightly coughed to signify her presence.

"Richard! Its good to see that your back from the land of the dead. Myself and Theon here dropped by earlier to see how Terra was, and we're glad to see that your alive. Both of us were worried about you after the plane." Seras said with a smile as she had one arm around Theon, helping to support him.

"What are you REALLY here for? I have dealt with enough @#(($%^* today. Get to the point or @#$^ OFF."

"Jeez, calm down. No need to get all grouchy. It's not your fault you're not very good company," Roland said and would have grinned if he could.

"Like I said, I don't want anything. Although..." The bird thought for a moment, cocking his head to the side and looking at Clarkson. "I wouldn't mind if you told me what the PIA was."

"Well. The military arm of the Ascended is called the Legion, for one, and the Guardians are entirely a separate organization. We and the Ascended that are on Earth currently will however, happily aid you. What do you need done?"

Aktikin slapped his forehead, both at the shrug and his own mistake.

"We are dealing with a vary dangerous Lich. She has killed every team we sent to contain her, and we cannot locate her... her... phylactery. We have..."

Aktikin checked his pad on the data for the Azehla case.

"... discovered she is also raising an undead army. We were offering one of your, by the name of Richard, people to help us when he gave us this number and routed us to you."

-Clarkson-

Clarkson spit out his drink, as the barkeep suddenly started to throw the other two people out of the bar.

"How did you... you listened with our conversation with the Lich..." Clarkson banged his head on the bar. He had animestics to wipe a person's mind clean of all memories of the last 24 hours, however he did not know what doses to give a creature weighing a few ounces, or if it would work on a birds biology at all. Killing the bird was also out of the question. John seemed to like it, seemed to made a deal with it behind his back, and if nothing else it was an interesting case study for the lab boys.

"Paranormal Investigation Agency," Clarkson admitted, "Joint US, EU effort to understand and interact with the paranormal. We pull people from various departments such as the FBI and MI6. When things go bump in the night, we are also the ones who contain the situation and fight whatever is causing the problem. Most of us are humans, some of us are magic users, like John. However, many supernatural creatures don't like humans attempting to understand them, so we are highly classified. Ask any more, and I will have to kill you."

Admittedly, all of what Clarkson said was true, technically, but had left out a LOT of details.

"... discovered she is also raising an undead army. We were offering one of your, by the name of Richard, people to help us when he gave us this number and routed us to you."

Teresa nodded "We work together independently. You shall get Guardian assistance, and Richard is the leader of those few Ascended on earth. Anything else?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Richard smiled at Terra and held her close, glancing up to Zaheer "Hey there, no need to be impolite, it's not as if I like their sense of privacy either. Basically, our... 'employers' know nothing, but if we destroy the problem, they'll give us supervised access to it's archives and such. And keep us in mind for later when they have opportunity, or something. The Human behind you that you've made groan is our contact. There ya go, now you know what everybody else does, no, they've got nothing on her phylactery, all we know is that she has an army, and we're supposed to help out with that and get her if we can." Richard laid back in his hospital bed, letting Terra continue to use him as a pillow "Any questions?"

Zaheer shook his head. "The Faction is wasting my time with this. Trying my patience, mocking me. If they didn't put up a down payment Fromanzio would be my dedicated face-man." Zaheer sighed and calmed himself. "We are going to lay waste to the army. It won't take long, I already have spies inside it. After that, we wound the Lich and I seal her." Zaheer pulled out a small tobacco can that read on the front in blazing text "Chewie'sBacco, For Chewin On the Go!". Inside was dank, slightly moldy and smelly. There was of course a better canister but Zaheer had a mind for the classical. The Jinn he employed were deathly afraid of lamps so tobacco was the next best thing.

"This will be her home for the next few million years. I made it so it won't simply rust away and where I intend to bury it, I doubt anyone is finding it soon." In secret, Zaheer's actual plan was to go inside and beat her into submission. A Lich under his employ would give him an edge. He was curious how resistant to torture she would be. Breaking her would take him a step closer to gaining even more power.

Richard finally looked to Seras "Thanks. It's good to see you are both okay, sorry for the rough landing. I forgot to carry a one." Richard sighed "I would love to catch up, but these two are rather occupying my time, how about I find you later and we all go for some coffee or lunch?"

Looking back at Zaheer, he shrugged "I don't care what you do with the Lich herself, that's the territory of the man behind you, I just want London to be relatively unharmed. Try to limit your summons to the size of a house."

"Thanks. It's good to see you are both okay, sorry for the rough landing. I forgot to carry a one." Richard said as he finally had time to look at Seras, he then stopped to sigh quietly to himself for a moment before continuing. "I would love to catch up, but these two are rather occupying my time, how about I find you later and we all go for some coffee or lunch?" He then asked.

"Don't sweat it Richard, you've already done more than enough. I actually didn't find it all that rough, guess the seats were more comfortable than I first thought." Seras remarked, giving the wizard a smile. "Thinking about it though Richard, we'll be having breakfast over at The Ritz hotel at around 7:30; due to Lucius wanting to continue the meeting that was started yesterday. So how about the four of us catch up then? That is if your fit and able to do so."

Richard smiled back to Seras "I'll be there, excluding some apocalyptic intervention. Don't worry about me, I could land another plane already."

"Fair enough Richard, you certainly have done good this day, no doubt Terra is proud of you." Seras said, before letting out a loud yawn, to which she covered her mouth.

"Excuse me, this past day has certainly been a tiring one. So if you don't mind, me and Theon are probably going to head back to the hotel to get some sleep; even if it is just for a couple of hours. If you could Richard, tell Terra I said goodbye for me, I can see she is enjoying a bit of shut eye herself. Goodbye everyone. Let's go Theon." Seras said as she and Theon walked out of the Hospital, ignoring the rumblings that her stomach was making.

"Food can wait for another couple of hours." Seras told herself as they soon got into a taxi, and arrived back at the Royal Garden Hotel. She shambled into the room, taking off her coat and bag, hanging them up nearby. She then set the alarm clock next to the bed for around 7:00 before collapsing onto the bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

---???---

The Ancient One talked with The Roman, The Seer, and The Arbitrator about what she could do to help, all while keeping her eye on the situation in the Italian alps, specifically Wagner. Cichol and Dr'az where of little concern to her, but Wagner? She'd been the one to imprison him in the first place, and she knew if he got free she'd have to step in.

---The Italian Alps---

As the PIA landed they where greeted by the arrival of three dragons from the Inquisition, an Iron, a Copper and a Bronze. the trio landed, switched to they're human forms and approached the man that looked to be in charge. "Welcome to the Italian Alps, I'm Inquisitor Theodor" the Iron said, the Bronze introduced her self as Angela and the Copper as Jakob "We've been dispatched by our section leaders to brief your people on the current situation, also, the Elder of the Gold Brood, Zal'Teer, requests your presence once your situated so we can begin discussing re-enforcement of the seals" Angela added.

-Italian Alps-

Agent Alberto looked at the dragons through his mask. "Ma'am, I am not..."

"Your looking for me," Director Bowl said in a thick German accent as she stepped down from her personal helicopter transport. The over weight middle aged woman completely covered in a snow suit and breathing out of an oxygen tank looked very out of place with a the group of tall men women, and no so tall goblins (barring those in the mechs), but still maintained an intimidating presence, "Lead us to where the seal is and to Zal'Teer, we can 'settle in', very quickly."

As she spoke, supplies where being taken out of the helicopters, tents were being pitched, and the foundations for a few longer term builders were being placed. Of the about 120 agents who had already landed, most of them were obviously regular humans in thick winter clothing with various assault rifles of European countries, a few of the having swords on their sides. The next largest group were of goblins, about half the size of the humans, carrying around MP5s who were setting up AA guns and other defenses, although some of them were in robotic suites that were doing most of the heavy lifting. There were other races as well, a few dwarves, a nymph, three ogres, a guerilla, and two yetis.

The magic users were fairly easy to spot in the group. Sally the witch was levitating crates, Collins the wizard was helping bring up a lighting rod on the edge of camp, Qi master Bai Zhi was easily carrying triple what any other human was able to while only wearing a basic robe, a Voodoo practitioner Astryd was leading some crates labelled with various animals to a station, an African Shaman was standing ram rod stiff on the edge of camp to get the feeling of the nature around him, the alchemist Lukas was setting up his chemical lab, and finally a shadow manipulator was pitching several tents at once.

-Somewhere in Nevada-

"We work together independently. You shall get Guardian assistance, and Richard is the leader of those few Ascended on earth. Anything else?"

Akitkin thought for a second, deciding that he didn't have time to ask the 13 about this potential alliance.

"My organization has had many issues setting up a permanent means of communicating with the high levels of the Ascended," Akitkin said, "The only thing close is the sperratic meetings with the Roman, hardly a consistent means to do business or create stable diplomatic relations between our people."

In frustration, the communication expert had set the computer to hunt through every phone number on computer record till he found a match. Even with the room sized computer they have in base, it would take hours to go through every single one of them, and then he would personally have to go through all the repeats there will invariably be.

"The only thing close is the sperratic meetings with the Roman, hardly a consistent means to do business or create stable diplomatic relations between our people."

"You'd have to talk to Richard about that one; the Roman wouldn't listen to the Guardians half as much as he listens to you guys."

Theon was kissed on his forehead by Seras, he suddenly felt very tired. The mental battle had exhausted him much more then he had anticipated, it was almost like he had exercised for hours. He stood up, and was help and helped Seras up. "Richard! Its good to see that your back from the land of the dead...Both of us were worried about you after the plane." Theon looked at the room, he was happy to see Richard awake. He also felt Seras' arm holding him, he smiled at her.

"Thanks...we all go for some coffee or lunch?" Lunch? Theon looked outside, he had lost his track of time. Seras then said, "Don't sweat it Richard, you've already done more than enough...So how about the four of us catch up then? That is if your fit and able to do so." Theon looked at Richard and smiled at him, he began to have a hard time keeping his eyes open.

"Excuse me, this past day has certainly been a tiring one...Let's go Theon." Seras said, and then began to head towards the exit. Theon felt himself slowly falling into sleep, it took him all his strength to stay awake. Seras helped him into a taxi. They soon arrived at the hotel, and went up to there room and got into bed. Theon fell asleep within seconds, unable to stay awake any longer.

---Hotel---

"Sorry, I just got the urge to go on a little walk. Bad dreams." Pegs said as she looked out the window, "Feels like something's coming, doesn't it?" she then added.

Lucia nodded "I under stand the need for a walk to shake off the bad dreams" she commented as she invited Pegs in "What ever makes you think somethings coming? All the dragons in town? The fact a government agency is pulling recruits off the street to deal with something they should be able to handle on their own" Lucia asked jokingly as she sat down. "But yeah, there's definitely something hanging in the air"

---Italian Alps---

"Lead us to where the seal is and to Zal'Teer, we can 'settle in', very quickly."

"Very well then, follow me" Angela said as she walked toward the nearest clear spot and change back to her dragon form and took to the air. The other two followed suit, and the trio waited for the Director to get in her chopper before getting to far away.

A short flight later the group arrived at The Inquisitions main base camp, which was nestled between the seals for Dr'az and Wagner. The camp it self was similar to the PIA's camp, in that it had a mix of magical and non-magical instruments for various purposes, not the least of which was generation heat, the main differences where all the dragons walking around in their dragon forms. "You'll have to forgive all the 'dragons', we pulled help directly from Jade and are less inclined to use a human form then those of us stationed on Earth" Theodor said as the headed to Zal'Teer's tent.

"You are certain?*sigh*This does not bode well then..." A Gold Dragon said to a Bronze and another Gold as Angela and the Director approached, Jakob and Theodor having had broken off to return to their groups "Elder, I present Director Bowl of the PIA as requested" Zal'Teer turned to the pair, and nodded "Welcome Director Bowl, I am Zal'Teel member of the High Counsel of Jade and Elder of the Gold Brood. The Princess sends her apology's for not being here her self, but she is busy preparing for the High Counsel's visit to the UN for the vote." he said as he motioned Director Bowl closer to the image before then. it was a projection of the seals holding the three dragons "Would you like the good news, or the bad news first?" The Dragon Elder asked as Angela excused her self to return to her other duty's

Lucia nodded "I under stand the need for a walk to shake off the bad dreams" she commented as she invited Pegs in "What ever makes you think somethings coming? All the dragons in town? The fact a government agency is pulling recruits off the street to deal with something they should be able to handle on their own" Lucia asked jokingly as she sat down. "But yeah, there's definitely something hanging in the air"

Pegs laughed. Why was that she always sounded so stupid? She hovered over and sat down on a chair. As far as hotel room when, this one looked okay. Not the glamour of the Ritz, but not the pits either. She sighed, that one thing with the Lich was going to haunt her wasn't it? She hated going against her word, even if it was for a free place to stay. Pegs responded, reflecting on previous events, "I wonder what the other people who were on the plane are doing. Something like that... You don't just walk away from."

"I wonder what the other people who were on the plane are doing. Something like that... You don't just walk away from."

"Depends on how much you care about the bigger picture I guess, if some one doesn't care about the world around them then not much you can do about it, though, some of us are kinda railroaded into helping, for various reasons" Lucia replied as she sat down on the bed.

"How did you... you listened with our conversation with the Lich..."

"I may have overheard a thing or two..." Roland admitted and then listened to Clarkson's rather brief explanation of what the PIA was.

"Ask any more, and I will have to kill you."

"Eh? Is that really true or are you just trying to sound cool? Besides, what harm could one little bird do? No one would probably believe me anyway if I told them," he said and pretended to sulk, "Some things do make more sense now," he said though more to himself than Clarkson.

"Welcome Director Bowl, I am Zal'Teel member of the High Counsel of Jade and Elder of the Gold Brood. The Princess sends her apology's for not being here her self, but she is busy preparing for the High Counsel's visit to the UN for the vote."

"Don't worry," Bowl said, "She will need to be there for some major damage control if we fail. I wasn't going to be here myself, but me and many others from oour headquarters had to come do to various things tying up the majority of our planned forces."

"Would you like the good news, or the bad news first?"

"What is it, what is wrong?" Bowl said quickly, she didn't like being kept in the dark, "Why weren't we informed the second the "bad news" happened?"

"Why weren't we informed the second the "bad news" happened?"

"You are human, I've only just finished briefing Elder Zal'Teer before you arrived" The Bronze sitting across from Zal'Teer said. "Bring the Director up to date then, all of" "S-sir?!" Zal'Teer silenced the Bronze "The humans will find out about The Ancient One sooner or later, and in this case the need to know to aid us" The Bronze nodded and brought the image of the three seals back up for Director Bowl. "Firstly, Cichol and Dr'az, these seals will pose little concern, though care still need to be taken with Cichol's due to it being of the 6th generation. Dr'az being of the 9th will prove no issue at all, barring out side influences mind you." As the Bronze spoke the image of the two seals where moved into view, the pair being identical

"Really, these to are basic stuff, the problem is Wagner" the Bronze then moved Dr'az seal to the side and move Wagner's into replace it, even at a glance a non-magical type could tell that these seals where totally different "Wagner's seal, while still clearly Draconic in origin, is estimated to be pre-gen 1." The Bronze paused a moment, not really comfortable discussing the next bit with a human. "and that means The Ancient One is the one that seal this one away"

Zal'Teer cut in there before Bowl could ask"The Ancient One, the dragon before there where dragons, the oldest of us all and architect of our race as well as Jade it self, and in effect our god. Normally The Ancient One stay's in their lair watching over us or occasionally pulling the council aside to voice its opinion on the current situation." he explained

"You are human, I've only just finished briefing Elder Zal'Teer before you arrived"

Bowl glared at the Bronze for that.

"Bring the Director up to date then, all of" "S-sir?!" The humans will find out about The Ancient One sooner or later, and in this case the need to know to aid us"

Bowl smiled under her mask. She is going to get along with this Zal'Teer just fine...

"Really, these to are basic stuff, the problem is Wagner. Wagner's seal, while still clearly Draconic in origin, is estimated to be pre-gen 1...and that means The Ancient One is the one that seal this one away"

Bowl nodded, understanding everything, although who was this...

"The Ancient One, the dragon before there where dragons, the oldest of us all and architect of our race as well as Jade it self, and in effect our god. Normally The Ancient One stay's in their lair watching over us or occasionally pulling the council aside to voice its opinion on the current situation."

"So..." Bowl said, "You don't know how to renew the seal?"

"You don't know how to renew the seal?"

"No, we do not." Zal'Teer said

"The reason being we are wholly unfamiliar with The Ancient Ones runes, messing with them could very well backfire on us" The Bronze added

Bowl was afraid of that. The PIA only has so many magic users, none of them know anything about Dragon magic, let alone lost powers of the Ancient One, nor do they have the raw power to make their own seal or just blunt force there way into a solution.

"What was your plan?" Bowl said, "If your people have no idea how to reinforce the seal, what help are mine going to be?"

-Clarkson-

"They don't hand out "right to kill badges" for nothing," Clarkson said, chuckling a bit.

-Lucius-

Lucius was still floating around his room, utterly preoccupied by streams of plans and experiments he still needed to finish, when distant bells started to chime eight 'o clock - he hadn't even noticed dawn breaking. He looked around, before deciding he ought to renew his wards and such things before starting the meeting back up. Muttering incantations, he floated into the bathroom, and straightened up his tunic and his sash, before floating out of the room, and down into the foyer, checking his pocket for his spell trigger. Still there, good, that was all good...

"They don't hand out "right to kill badges" for nothing," Clarkson said, chuckling a bit.

"I don't think that means you can just kill anyone you don't like," Roland countered but made a mental note to be a bit more careful around the PIA from now on. Stifling a yawn, his gaze fell on a old clock hanging above the bar.

"8 am already?" he muttered, "Damn, and here I was hoping to look around London a bit more. Oh well, see you at the Ritz. Hopefully they have better food there," Roland said, glaring at the untouched peanut one last time before flying towards the exit.

"If your people have no idea how to reinforce the seal, what help are mine going to be?" Bowl Asked

"Your role remains unchanged" Zal'Teer said to the Director "We will simply place a seal over the existing one while leaving The Ancient Ones seal to eventually fail" He said before turning enough to look her in the eyes "However, unlike the other two seals, where they will be working side by side with our people and weaving your seals in with ours, your people will need to hang back until we can confirm it is safe, and if we do inadvertently break this seal your people will be able to get the word out"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked