Avatar RP Reboot (start of that bothersome war everyone talks about)

Pages PREV 1 2

drmigit2:
snip

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure he won't be early Gaara in personality, otherwise you wouldn't have submitted him, guy wasn't much of a team player..or fair player come to think of it, killing people in the hospital and all, the bloody cheek!

And in terms of evolution, it's not so much where it would go, so much as where it originated from on my end. If you can read between the lines well enough,or are in the Skype group for this, anyone can catch my meaning there, but please don't spoil it for the rest of the would-be applicants that might not catch it.

Don't be that concerned, at least not yet, there aren't any other Earthbending sheets up other than yours that are currently under review.

Edit:

Sorry, did my research again, and Sandbending is just a specialized Earthbending, I was sure it had its own page last time I looked for it, sorry. You're in still, unless a better sheet comes up, that is.

There we go.

Redryhno:
snip.

1) Sorry for the shared back-story thing; I didn't think it would be a problem. We can cut it out if you would prefer, because both characters were fully realized without the shared back-story; that was just supposed to be the "icing on the cake"

2) As to the problems with the introduction, there's little I can do directly as I don't know (and don't want to know) anything of the first scene where the characters will be introduced. I never meant the character to be a merc - he cannot be hired to hurt people. If he saw someone doing something wrong (stealing, beating someone up, etc), he would step in without hesitation. Another idea would be someone searching him out - he is meant to be the old master type. A third idea is that he deserted the Fire Nation military; I cannot imagine they like him very much, maybe play off that. Otherwise, not sure what else to add.

TheIronRuler:
snip

Welcome back Iron, except for a handful of qualms. First is more a technicality than anything else. For the cane to become one of them, you'd need to have it be telescopic, which at this point in time isn't very widespread, if it even exists at all. While Avatar is based off an approximated time period, this is a century earlier and it is an approximated time period. I'd understand if the cane became a shortspear or it was a walking staff, I'd understand, but even then, it wouldn't be a halberd in the sense you're talking about, since it's basically an axe with a giant ass stick shoved up it's ass that you beat people with. Now I'm going to have to nickname a halberd I have in another game Garrus....but nevermind, onto to bigger and better booms.

Quite literally, in this case. I don't mind the smoke bombs, flash grenades, etc., but shrapnel grenades I'm going to say no to. I can see too many ways I can exploit them bouncing off of crap to lodge in people's sides at the worst of times. And that's just how I can use them, much less the person who thought them up. Also, the boomie things used here is basically an early version of C4, so while not as unstable as nitro normally is, it's a century earlier than the series, therefore I'm going to say the stuff needed for shrapnel grenades is still in the testing stages, and Sozin's not about to let it out of the Capital.

hiei82:
snip

Don't worry about the shared-backstory thingy, matter of personal preference and principle is all.

And the other thing now, as I told ruedyn(?) or someone in my last big quote post, that the Lotus doesn't go looking for you at all, it's a strictly volunteer life, if you're inducted. You go looking for them, and they aren't that hard to find, then they take you and a group to the nearest Temple, where they decide if you're strong enough for the Guard, or for the more active branch, which I'm keeping the name of to myself for now. Obviously you'll all be in the world branch, unless you'd rather stay in the Earth Kingdom for most of the rp, with the exception of the last half of the last book.

I'll figure something out I suppose, I just thought maybe you'd like some say in how your character came to be in the Lotus is all.

Redryhno:
YOUR SHEET IS SHIT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL SHIT

God damnit, ALWAYS the feckin bio >:|

What are your stance on amnesiacs?

Redryhno:
...You'll be starting out at the Earth Kingdom Avatar Temple, northwest of Ba Sing Se, either a mercenary/good samaritan/drunk shanghai'd bystander/wandering monk, or a White Lotus initiate/mid-ling level subordinate....

I was going with a cross between Wandering Monk/Good Samaritan.

Kei wasn't meant to be a part of the White Lotus (at least not at the start)

If you need him to be a part of it however, I will make the change.

Redryhno:
Snip

I'll just get rid of the fighting style and it can just be the stock fire bending one.

I so solemnly swear upon my mothers ashes. That I Tiger Sora, shall not relent in my conviction to this RP should I be accepted. I shall keep my word, that so long as others are still commited to this RP to allow it's continuation, that I shall be there.

You so have my word.

(Note that everything here is the truth, ALL OF IT).

Tiger Sora:

I don't know. This all sounds questionable...

ruedyn:
snip

Outside of the obvious horror game that has scarred me slightly and it's sequel I'm pretty sure I'll be getting regardless of the rate I will surely go through pants, quite amenable to them, so long as they don't become Mr. and Mrs. Sue, how are you?

Keep with the bio if you want, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just him being a sandbender makes it a tiny bit harder on my side for story-telling purposes. You aren't automatically thrown out into the cold simply for something like that, there's only like four or five of the (hopefully) ten sheets that have a shoe-in here, so you're still very much in the running.

hiei82:
snip

Sorry if I didn't explain it all that well in the OP, that's on me. You are either being inducted into the order, or a merc/wanderer that heard about a very important job they need capable hands to complete. Wandering "super" is a good enough thing I suppose, I'll let everyone know who hasn't been outright told, and those were the reserved peoples so far. I'm going to wait for some more sheets with more variety of personalities and ideas. Ideas are good, they allow me to plagiarize later on in life.

Tiger Sora:

Redryhno:
Snip

I'll just get rid of the fighting style and it can just be the stock fire bending one.

I so solemnly swear upon my mothers ashes. That I Tiger Sora, shall not relent in my conviction to this RP should I be accepted. I shall keep my word, that so long as others are still commited to this RP to allow it's continuation, that I shall be there.

You so have my word.

I'll take that as humor, I really hope I'm right here and you aren't more than slightly annoyed with me. Us GM's have feelings too....sometimes....maybe.....no, I'm lying, sorry. But, welcome to the final judgement. I really don't remember exactly what wasn't clicking with your sheet on my side, late nights do weird crap to you.

But, in other news, you've signed over your soul, house, most expensive car you ever own, and your first born hermaphrodite, good, I like to know I have someone over my thumb. you have to learn to read the non-existent print

Redryhno:

ruedyn:
snip

Outside of the obvious horror game that has scarred me slightly and it's sequel I'm pretty sure I'll be getting regardless of the rate I will surely go through pants, quite amenable to them, so long as they don't become Mr. and Mrs. Sue, how are you?

Keep with the bio if you want, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just him being a sandbender makes it a tiny bit harder on my side for story-telling purposes. You aren't automatically thrown out into the cold simply for something like that, there's only like four or five of the (hopefully) ten sheets that have a shoe-in here, so you're still very much in the running.

I think you missed a quote there.

I think I fixed the problems you mentioned. Also, added in a few more Kingdom hearts names.

It's a remake.

Redryhno:
Snip

Dimentio (Super Paper mario) - "I'm always deadly seriouse".

Problem was my fighting style, which I took out at your request. My sheets still on the first page. Everything is up to your standards as I know of.

C'mon you silly kids, you know you want in, I've got popsicles, and candy, and chloroform coloring books. You get to play in the world of Avatar, one of the best bastardizations of East and West! Cass, I'm lookin' at you, get in here with your old man.

Redryhno:
C'mon you silly kids, you know you want in, I've got popsicles, and candy, and chloroform coloring books. You get to play in the world of Avatar, one of the best bastardizations of East and West! Cass, I'm lookin' at you, get in here with your old man.

I don't know man, maybe they're threatened by other people who don't want them to apply here... Maybe we should investigate who is doing this!

TheIronRuler:

Redryhno:

I don't know man, maybe they're threatened by other people who don't want them to apply here... Maybe we should investigate who is doing this!

I'll blame PrinceOfShapeir. I know he doesn't like you Iron, and I know he doesn't like me, but probably not to your degree.

So Red, you definantly gona wait some more time to get sheets in before you start to pick through the pile?

Tiger Sora:

TheIronRuler:

Redryhno:

I'll blame PrinceOfShapeir. I know he doesn't like you Iron, and I know he doesn't like me, but probably not to your degree.

So Red, you definantly gona wait some more time to get sheets in before you start to pick through the pile?

We shouldn't throw names (even though they might be right) around... Anyway, I do think that some people would have already burnt so many bridges they're stuck on their own sad little island, yet these people still find people that are willing to play with them.

oops, ignore

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I'll start this sometime around noon Central time, I know I put an accepted characters list at the front here, but you'll know for sure if you're in because I mean to make it pretty much the first thing you see. I'd start it earlier, but I've either got class or something else eating up my time up till around eleven most days, and I like eating at least once a day. This doctor guy keeps telling me I need to do it more than once, but what does he know? He's just a guy with a piece of paper on his wall that says he knows the theory behind cutting into people.

Now that I might've ruined all your faith in doctors:

To the people that don't get in, I'm sorry, but some spots were pre-filled through skype and the fact that this is a reboot of another rp that got clogged by...something, I forget exactly what because I have a horrible memory for these things. There's also the fact that all gm's are at varying levels of dickishness,(come on, we've got power over you talking props to a degree that we can abuse at any point, at heart we're all just power hungry control freaks. But good meaning control freaks, I assure yo-*insane laughter*) and although I like to think I'm on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to games, this doesn't really hold true at all times. If you don't get accepted, and there are few that won't, feel free to pm me and I'd be glad to tell you what I personally didn't care for in the sheet. But it may or may not really hold true to the rest of the people here since I don't intend on running another rp anytime soon, since this one's planned out to the middle of book 2, with a framework for the rest. And if we get that far and I don't have anything set in stone, I'll just make it up as I go, making all your lives hell(this is easily translatable to "Cabbage") and the Fire Nation full of Combustion Men and Super Archers.

Redryhno:
SNIP

I'm going to be sad aren't I? I have a week off, and I was hoping this could help with my 'nothing to do' problem.

Also, winging it is the best approach, methinks :D

Arcanist:
snip

hiei82:
snip

ruedyn:
snip

drmigit2:
snip

Tiger Sora:
snip

CrazyGirl17:
snip

Sorry guys, None of you made the final cut, your sheets just didn't reach the goal I expect of you.

No, I'm not going to put you through that whole song and dance, you're all in. The group I'll start setting up, I'd have done it last night along with the first post, but I just hate how tedious it is setting them up. If you'd like in the Skype group too, just send me your skype name, it's a bit faster and we have meaningful discussions that never evolve into anything beyond quiet reasoning and sound arguments....Yeah, that's a good sales pitch, totally believable

Anyways, you're in, and the thread's up, sorry for not telling you guys earlier. The other people already know they're in because of said skype group. Not mandatory because of the group here, but still we crack jokes and make fun of each other, just like in real life, except we have corners we can go off and cry in because it's the internet!

Redryhno:
Snip

Hell, my heart almost went *dadoomp*. Which was made worse by the fact I already saw myself on the in list for the actual RP page.
I was uop till 4:30 last night and saw that the page was up. I just didn't want to be the first one to post is all.
But good to know I'm still in, I need to cut this chain off now.

Tiger Sora:
snip

I seek only to entertain myself, your heart stopping for a moment fulfills this daily need

Redryhno:
snip

Can I assume the players above are the "handful of people brought to the temple"?

hiei82:

Redryhno:
snip

Can I assume the players above are the "handful of people brought to the temple"?

The handful of people are everyone listed in the sheet post.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a one post an hour dealie like the last one. I'll post, if only to lower the bar for the rest of you.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked