Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . . . 36 NEXT

JASTIS-015

Jastis decided to put his two cents in, "Personally I have fought in hundreds of battles but I don't take joy in taking life nor get the thrill of the hunt. I simply move in, eliminate the target, and move on. No feelings in the fight." It was the truth, he never cared for fighting but he's good at it and he was trained to do it so he wouldn't stop. But if there is a bit of humanity left in him, it was the part that didn't take pleasure in killing someone.

Tau finally managed to complete the problem he had with conversion plugs between some of the hardline connections, and after checking that the spare platform held no leftover data, he gave the all clear for the transfer. "Amaya, the connections are prepared. You should be able to move your consciousness into the platform as you would any other physically connected device."

Erik

"...we called ourselves, and don't laugh at this, the Knights of Virtue."

He couldn't help himself, he did have to laugh at least a little bit. While it wasn't the cheesiest name he'd come across, it was certainly in the top ten.

"Never did figure out why we called ourselves that; but if I was to guess, I'd imagine that some of the team saw themselves as like the noble knights of ancient times, riding off to the face the enemy in combat, whether it be glorious or tragic; though instead of using horses, it be the Warthog and Mongoose vehicles."

"I can see that; trying to mask the general horrors of war with a sense of nobility." He replied. With a bit of a shrug, he switched topics. "Since I'm effectively the 2IC for the ground teams, I had a look at your file Gid. Biggest thing that's surprised, considering your service, is that you don't have anything like this." He said, waving his fake arm. "Sniper or not; you're either hellishly good, or lucky as all sin."

Kurash

"Ah finally. Someone else who enjoys the thrill of the fight!"

Kurash broke into a huge grin*, and clapped Voh on the back. "Excellent! Wwe shall have much to talk about then." Turing his attention to Luna, he kept grining. "I like this one Azzie, he's already a lot more fun than your last one. That little pyjak wasn't even STG, just a bloody clerk."

"Personally I have fought in hundreds of battles but I don't take joy in taking life nor get the thrill of the hunt. I simply move in, eliminate the target, and move on. No feelings in the fight."

His smile faded at hearing that. "BAH! You humans are all like that, you treat fighting like it is some horrible task...It is the purest expression of LIFE! Pit yourself against worthy foes, and see if you live. To see if you are worthy to live, and pass on your genes." Shaking himself, he huffed. "I'll never understand humans."

Voh chuckle a little bit at that. Even though he didn't enjoy fighting as much as the krogan before him does. He still enjoy the thrill of it. He would then listen what Jastis said about his views of fighting while Kurash retort.

"Do not worry about the Demon here Kurash. His kind prove to be very..skillful in the art of combat. They might not see it the way we do but do not count him out. I seen first hand what his kind can do." he comment on it. Wanting to give some credit to the spartan. Due to his kind having a sort of true respect for them due to how they battle.

"But to the topic at hand, I would gladly share some stories with a fellow warrior. Perhaps if we have still time we can recount some of it over a drink." Voh would glace over at Luna to see what she thought of the idea. He was still going to do it no matter what but was curious to see what she thought about it.

"I can see that; trying to mask the general horrors of war with a sense of nobility." Erik said with a quick shrug, then suddenly shifted the topic of conversation. "Since I'm effectively the 2IC for the ground teams, I had a look at your file Gid. Biggest thing that's surprised, considering your service, is that you don't have anything like this." Erik then waved his fake arm again. "Sniper or not; you're either hellishly good, or lucky as all sin." Gideon replied with a short laugh, that changed into a smile, then into a small smirk.

"I'd say it was a little from Column A and a little from Column B Erik, didn't get to be apart of the top 10% of my graduation platoon by wishing really hard; it took skill, effort, and dedication, and realising that I wasn't fighting for myself, I was fighting to protect humanity. I was honored to be selected for ODST training." Gideon said as he set his pistol down, perhaps sounding a little bit cocky and/or arrogant to the older Spartan.

JASTIS-015

Jastis interjected, "I think before that, I need to know if we have another assignment coming up or not. I wasn't exactly told if this was going to be a daily thing or if we're going to have a lot of down time. I hope not." He truthfully wasn't one for down town, he wanted to get things done quick. Couple of years back before they gave him reigns of the Blade, he would have been put into cryo to pass time.

Quickly however he turned to the... Drell? This one was female, he extended out his hand and shook, "Sorry about that, It's a pleasure to meet you miss..?"

"Oh, sorry, my name is Pistis Phonoi. I tend to forget things when i'm excited." the drell apologized, blushing a bit. "I'm here to work with the salarian team. I'm an expert in bio-engineering and am capable in combat, in extremely necessary. Only a bit of street fighting." she explained.
"But i am also a capable doctor, so if anything is needed, let know.

As Sarah blurted out what she said, Amaya was more than happy to reply with a legitimate answer."well, they were the product of a race of super intelligent master a.i.s that were on a 50,000 year sleep cycle which they would wake up and harvest all sentient life in the galaxy before they could create sentient a.i.'s that would destroy them all, hence preserving life and destroying it at the same time, this being a tool to create husks which were corpses to be used as cannon fodder." She rattled off.

There was an awkward silence for a bit and Amaya finally broke it with: "hey, head down to the gun range, Erik and Gideon are there." She said, adding in reasoning. "Trust me, you'll want to be there." She added in, then the ship felt dead to Sarah, like Amaya's life was dead and gone from it.

Amaya virtually nodded to the geth and and explored the wires, she eventually forced herself through them. She sat about 10 minutes in the body, unresponsive and not moving before life shown through it. The unit powered on, Amaya's first flickering images spurted to life and she was looking around, head swiveling side to side. "Wow..." Her feminine voice came through the geth's body and she was surprised to hear it as well. "Tau... This is incredible! She excitedly said.

The girl had spent the minutes she was down creating programs for the body to move and function to her will, but automatically. Standing up, she looked around and pulled the cords from herself, disconnecting them. her body was weird to her, she could detect her legs were walking from the feelings she was getting from them as she moved herself around in circles, getting used to the body. However, she took the program off and tried to walk on the feeling alone, she managed to horrid steps and then fell,using the arms to stop the body from impacting the ground. "That's going to take some getting used to. But thank you tau, I'll need to make this up to you somehow." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder and looking him in the flashlight.

"Sorry Voh, no can do." Luna said, patting her stomach softly. "I have no clue what hard alcohol can do to my new intestinal tract. Goddess only knows if it were to eat through the half finished flesh, that'd ruin the mood." She said half jokingly, half serious. Giving them a sort of wave gesture with two fingers, she turned the offer down, "nah, you two to out drinking and talk, I'm going to take a nap." She said and disembarked the group to head up to the ship.

Sarah signed as Amaya informed her of the devices origin and purpose, then the AI suggested rather unsubtly she would be heading to the gun range in her new body, if there was another reason Sarah couldn't rightly come up with on off hand, so with nothing better to do and the study session pretty much dead in the water, she complied with the AI's request and headed down to the gun range.

Sarah stopped part way down, looking down the halls and a long the walls, there was an odd 'emptiness' she felt around her, which she attributed to Amaya climbing into her new body, but it still felt odd to have the ship, or any UNSC ship feel so 'lifeless'. as she resumed her little trek she wondered if anyone else noticed , and then swiftly wondered, who else actually cares.

Sarah arrived at the gun range, hands in the pockets of her pants and greeted the pair with a simple "S'up"

Erik

As Gideon spoke, Erik smiled. God, he sounds like a damned recruiting vid. Reaching a box of loose rounds, he started to reload one of his empty magazines. "I remember thinking I was invincible after I got out of Boot, pretty much every Marine does at first." The fact that Gideon seemed sincere gave Erik pause. I'll be damned, usually that kinda idealism gets beaten outta people after their first tour...but HE'S a helldiver...crazy.

"S'up"

Looking over, he gave Sarah a half-wave. "Hey new blood. What brings you down to the line?"

Kurash

"Do not worry about the Demon here Kurash. His kind prove to be very..skillful in the art of combat. They might not see it the way we do but do not count him out. I seen firsthand what his kind can do."

"I can believe that...he might not like it, but he does smell like a warrior."

"But to the topic at hand, I would gladly share some stories with a fellow warrior. Perhaps if we have still time we can recount some of it over a drink."

Kurash lit up at that. "HA! Now that's what I like to hear!" He said, clapping Voh on the back again. "Once we get everything settled, and I've seen to my 'duties' for Aria, I've got a crate of ryncol with our names on it." Turing a bit more serious, he swung his attention to the direction Luna had gone. "I guess I'll go talk to Azzie now, I've got some work related stuff I'd like to go over with her in private."

As he look at luna she would respond to him saying she needed some rest. Nodding at that as he said "Of course, get your rest. I will probably be within my room or the training area if you need me. Or just ask the machine where I would be located at."

He then turn his attention to Jastis "Of course Demon. I would never put anything above the mission. Its like you never work with a Sangheili warrior or even fought one before." Offering a small joke between warriors as he then felt the heavy hand of Kurash patting him on the back once he mention a drink over stories.

He would have to get use to the ways of the Krogan. Though it grind on his nerves though he was slowly allowing it. This universe seem more relax and less uptight then his own. Even though he hates to admit it, he will have to change his ways somewhat and was trying to work at it.

"I would prefer a old Sangheili ale but your..." tries to remember the words he use "Ryncol..sounds fine. Though for now I must be going." he said as he let a short bow with his hand over his chest. Showing repect to his fellow company. Leaving as he heads off to his room to mediate a bit and enjoy some alone time. Which he hasn't got much due to the missions, and watching over luna while she recover from her wounds.

Eventually, the recitation of the route ceased, the medications taking over, causing Murphy to drift to sleep. And as he slept, old memories crept up in dreams.

"LEFT! LEFT LEFT!" Murphy screamed as the plasma round streaked overhead. The air suddenly turned searingly hot as the round exploded above them.It seemed as though all the oxygen had been sucked out of the little alley they were running through, leaving Murphy and his partner gasping. The shit had officially hit the fan.

Operation Alexander was the face of simplicity. The OPPLAN was for two ONI operators to infiltrate a planet that provided the Sanghelli with food and introduce a weed that would choke out the staple crops. Get in, get done, get out. No frills, no fighting, no mess.

"Hola, mi bonita."

A dark-skinned man held a sealed package containing one of the weeds. He was grinning, speaking to it softly.

"Gonzo, stop flirting with the weeds" Murphy chided his friend, "It's fucking weird."

Arturo "Gonzo" Gonzalez laughed and slid the weed into his rucksack, where it joined about a dozen others. Murphy and Gonzo had been deploying as a team for a while, and had gained a reputation for being fast, quiet and efficient. They had also gained a reputation for being a pair of practical jokers. Their trademark was to leave a sticker of a smiley face stuck to something whenever they caused chaos.

"Lucky 1 is away"

The voice came over the comms as Murphy's ODST capsule was jettisoned from the ship. A few tense moments passed, then the comms crackled to life again.

"Lucky 2 is away"

Gonzo was now alongside Murphy in his own ODST capsule, both hurtling towards the atmosphere of some small planet only listed as FD-324. Murphy hated ODST capsules. They felt like death traps to him, especially when they breached the atmosphere and shook like there was no tomorrow. Gonzo, on the other hand, loved them. He treated them as if they were some kind of carnival ride, whooping with excitement like a little kid.

"Murphy, you suck at farming." Gonzo moved over to Murphy and started carefully moving the dirt around the weed, packing the soil around the plant.

"I'm sorry," Murphy retorted, "I didn't grow up masturbating to plants."

"I've told you, asshole, Damiana is a natural aphrodisiac. And I only ate it because I thought I was going to get laid."

Murphy scoffed, pulling out another weed.

"I was sixteen, man." Gonzo continued, trying to defend himself, "My dick wouldn't go down, and I didn't know what to do."

"Okay" Murphy stopped him, chuckling, "This story was weird enough when you at least had the excuse of being shitfaced when you told me the first time."

"You fucking brought it up, cochino." Gonzo gave Murphy a light punch in the arm as he retorted.

The young reporter held her breath, this was it. She could feel it. It was her first big interview, and she could tell that the politician was about to say something huge. She had picked him because he was an arrogant, self-centered prick who loved to spill just enough secrets to look like he was more involved in the war effort than he actually was.

"You see, it's funny that you mentioned that." He leaned forwards slightly, as if confiding in the reporter, "All I can say is that we do have special operations teams on the ground in Elite territory."

The reporter could barely keep herself from grinning. This was the break. She jumped on the bait that the politician threw down.

"Can you give me any kind of hint as to what they're doing, or where they are?" She asked, coyly.

"Like I said," he grinned, knowing that what he was about to say would launch him into fame, "I personally approved an operation code-named "Alexander" on a world we have listed as 'FD-324'."

That was all the Covenant monitors needed to hear.

"Where the fuck did these guys come from?" Murphy yelled as another dropship landed.

He and Gonzo were running full-tilt towards the city where their off-world transport was supposed to be. Banshees screamed overhead, firing their fuel rod cannons and plasma cannons, the explosions destroying the trees that Murphy and Gonzo raced through. The trees were the only thing that was saving them. They were thick enough to cause the rounds to explode over the pair's head. Suddenly, the operators found themselves on a city street made of packed clay. They tucked into an alley, and raced to their objective, Covenant forces in hot pursuit. A Grunt jumped in front of Gonzo, tripping him. A quick burst from Murphy's rifle put the Grunt down. Gonzo was back up in a heartbeat, leading the charge to the exfil point.

"LEFT! LEFT LEFT!" Murphy screamed as the plasma round streaked overhead. The air suddenly turned searingly hot as the round exploded above them.It seemed as though all the oxygen had been sucked out of the little alley they were running through, leaving Murphy and his partner gasping.

"Murphy!" Gonzo yelled above the din. "Murphy, I'm stuck!"

Murphy pulled himself up and looked around for Gonzo, not seeing him. A Jackal rounded the corner, and the burst of gunfire from a pile of boards and metal that put the Jackal down was what revealed Gonzo's position to Murphy.

"Oh fuck." It was bad. A pipe was sticking through Gonzo's upper thigh, and the blood was already rushing out.

"Hey man, you've gotta get this fucking thing out of me." Gonzo said, looking at Murphy. "We've gotta fucking move man."

Murphy reached down and tried to bend or break the pipe, but it wouldn't give. More bursts from Gonzo's gun told Murphy that time was running out. Plasma rifle rounds were starting to hit near the two. No matter how hard Murphy tried, he couldn't get the pipe to budge. The blood was spraying out of Gonzo's leg, and the color was draining from his face. Murphy was covered head to toe in his friend's blood now, and his gloves were sliding on the pipe, unable to grip.

"Hurry up, Murphy... hurry up." Gonzo's breath was slowing.

"I can't get it loose. I can't fucking move it."

"What the fuck? What the fuck?" Gonzo's face held disbelief. He screamed, trying to pull his leg off the pipe, but it was no use. A plasma round hit him in the side, and he screamed in pain. The plastic parts of his gear melted to his skin, and the smell of burnt flesh filled the air.

"NO! FUCKING NO!" Gonzo screamed as he dumped his magazine down the alley at the Jackal who hit him. A pack of Jackals was closing in, and they looked hungry.

Murphy looked down at his friend and raised his weapon.

"No no no no. Murphy, don't fucking do that. Don't fucking - we can make it out, man."

Murphy double-tapped him between the eyes.

The phosphorus grenade went off as soon as the Jackals started to devour Gonzo. It incinerated everything in the alley. The operator and the Jackals were nothing more than ashes.

Murphy sprinted to the exfil point, climbing aboard the craft that was waiting for them. Within minutes he had cleared the atmosphere and was headed back to the fleet.

Murphy jolted awake, finding himself back in the present. He grabbed the stand that held his IV's and used it to help him stand. He tested his footing, finding it mostly stable. He cautiously walked out the door, IV tree in tow. He didn't know where he was headed, he only knew that he wanted out of that room for a while.

"Hey new blood. What brings you down to the line?"

"Tired of staring at a display with a description of the different races in these parts, and target practice sounded like a good alternative." Sarah replied, giving Gideon a wave as passed by.She intentionally left out the bit about Amaya probably swinging by in a Geth body. Sarah collected a fire arm and took a spot a couple stalls down, partly to but but in on their conversation, and partly to not have to explain why her aim sucked when not in combat.

"I remember thinking I was invincible after I got out of Boot, pretty much every Marine does at first." Erik said with a smile as he reloaded his pistol with a box of loose rounds.

"Yeah, I guess it's that feeling you get; like you could accomplish anything, that you were king of the world or something." Gideon remarked with a smirk as he ejected the empty magazine from his pistol, and loaded a fresh clip into the weapon. Then suddenly something in the air felt different to him, the lights in the weapons range didn't have the same glow to them as before. He tried contacting Amaya on the communicator, but all he got was static.

'Huh, that is... strange; perhaps Amaya is busy working on something, however I can't shake the feeling that it's something else. Whole place feels odd all of a sudden, like it is different, and yet familiar at the same time.' Gideon thought to himself as he readied up his pistol, when at that moment, Sarah walked in.

"S'up."

"Hey Sarah, come to take a few swings in the batting cage I take it?" Gideon asked with a small smile as he listened to the brief conversation between Sarah and Erik, as the female Spartan took a spot a couple of stalls down from them.

"You know your welcome to join us down here Sarah... we don't bite do we Erik?" Gideon asked rhetorically, before lining up his pistol at the target which just stood up, when that little thought from earlier came into his head.

"Hey... do either of you think the ship feels... different all of a sudden?"

Tau's panels refocused at the sight of Amaya's familiarity. "You are welcome." An awkward pause followed as Tau lacked the emotion to reflect the sincerity being shown to him. Knowing that letting it hang for too long would make the atmosphere uncomfortable, he changed the subject. "Perhaps it would be prudent to display your new body to the crew? To avoid moments of tension that might lead to friendly fire."

"Yeah, i already plan on showing it to a few of them." Amaya said and patted the Geth's shoulder. "i shall see you later Tau." she said and walked out of the core room, a first. Making her way down the halls, she greeted the crew members, introducing herself to the rest of the crew as herself. it was awkward for allot of people but she was used to it.

She walked into the armory and got herself a DMR and a number of clips. Taking a step into the range, she silently took up a spot next to Sarah and began to fire off the gun. the first few shots were horrible, but shot after shot got more accurate and she was soon putting the bullets through the same hole on the target. She pulled the target up to herself and took it down and walked over to Gideon. "Hey Eon, what'dya think? my program work well?"

Sarah was about to reply when a Geth she hadn't seen before walked in took the stall and started shooting. Sarah figured it was Amaya but said nothing. If Amaya wanted to surprise them, she was just going to let her. Amaya's shots where pretty bad at first but quickly tightened her aim and was soon shooting better then her. 'cheater' was all Sarah could think as she watched her shoot.

Amaya then walked over to Gideon, Sarah fallowing a little eying the Geth frame up a little, trying to form an opinion on it "Hey Eon, what'dya think? my program work well?" the AI said, and Sarah snickered "That frame SO doesn't suit your voice at all"

After a bit of travel, Voh reach back to his room for a bit of alone time. Wanting to be by himself for awhile in case the next mission will soon start. He had his room decorated to his liking and he smile lightly. Reminding him of home back on Sanghelios. He kneel down on the prayer mat and let off a small prayer for his fallen comrades.

Afterwards he started to mediate. Enjoying the quietness of it all after the long two day of work. After a moment or two he gets up and takes off his helmet. Setting it down to the side as he exit his room and wonders towards the mess hall. Feeling a bit of tea to drink, wondering if the human form of it would be any good. He wish he could have brought along some Sangheili drinks and food but it would be rather wasteful to bring along food for just one soldier to be able to use.

Though he let it pass, he was a warrior and he could go without his choice of food or drink. Getting to the mess hall as he got himself some tea and goes to a table by himself. Drinking it with a special cup due to his lack of a mouth.

"Hey Eon, what'dya think? My program work well?" A voice called out, and as Gideon turned, he was met with the sight of a dark blue Geth platform in front of him; it only took him a moment to realise who it was, I mean, only one person, or rather A.I called him Eon. In her hand was a target with several bullet holes perforating it's surface; whilst some were all over the place, there was a few that were tightly packed together around the chest.

"Well, for a first timer handling a weapon like the marksman rifle, I'd say this was good, great even. Granted, precision and handling could do with some work, given these shots that have gone wide, but that is something you'll pick up on with enough practice. As for the platform, pretty cool, it's a nice colour scheme that reflects the nature of this vessel." Gideon said as he gave a closer examination of the target.

"That frame SO doesn't suit your voice at all." Spoke Sarah in a snarky tone of voice.

"Given that it's the first 'body' that Amaya has had Sarah, you can't expect miracles, you have to work with what you have, and I think it works rather well."

Tau's light blinked, again knowing that what humans called "kindness" was shown to him, but lacking empathy-or any emotion at all-to reflect it. Less than optimal... Tau internally processed. ...organics more likely to trust something that can mirror their own methods of understanding. Must search for ways to mimic these responses.

Regardless, it couldn't be helped at the moment. So Tau simply returned to his current duty of working on the Blade's reconstruction.

JASTIS-015

He was confused, what was this about a Salarian team? "I am sorry, but what is this about a Salarian team? Has Luna decided on another thing by herself? Sorry, but I am not too happy with a bunch of aliens, more so new aliens, running around MY ship under the command of someone I don't trust a single bit."

"It's less about trust and more about needing us around. The salarians and myself make a well rounded medical team. Tell me, do any of your doctor's know how to work on wounds caused by biotic attacks, like the rending of cells inside someone's body? and do any of your doctors have experience working on krogan or Asari biology?" she politely asked him.

"So sarah? i have a body. that's what's important to me." She said happily. Then the geth unit happily displayed displayed a rather happy bounce. "I used a program to adjust the targeting, so i really was sort of cheating. i didn't manually manipulate my arms to aim the gun, the program adjusted the posture till i was hitting correctly. I'll learn from feeling them naturally, but hopefully i'll learn to use a gun properly by memory." she said and looked around. "A good bit later, would i be able to see you in private?" Amaya asked in a rather hushed tone to gideon

JASTIS-015

"They can learn and yes trust does go a long way. I see that Luna is trying to plant seeds and I don't want them. I fear that she wants to take over, it's clear she doesn't like how I run things and rather she was in charge. I don't know what Aria's opinion on this is, but she was sent to aid, but she seems to have her own motives and I fear for my crew," he replied.

He just didn't like this, she keeps brining people in and some seem loyal to her. Amaya was changing, quickly, Luna is displeased with his commanding, new aliens keep appearing, and even Tau wasn't fully trust worthy. Jastis didn't like how he was starting to feel outnumbered by people with their own goals. Back before this he never had to worry about this, he wasn't used to being behind enemy lines with people who may or may not be putting up a fašade.

"Luna? i just met her today. i've heard about her and read about her during my time on omega, but i was called in by the salarians needing me. from what they told me, you're dealing with some rather annoying enemies basing their technology off of reaper tech. I can assist and provide info an data on them since i'm a doctor and a bio-engineer." she explained to Jastis.
"and i can understand the fear of others and the unknown. i was an orphan for a bit, and i couldn't trust anyone. But sometimes you need to let others in, in order to grow and expand. i swear i'll do everything in my power to help you and your crew." she said sincerely to the spartan.

Murphy kept wandering through the ship until he reached a corridor off the entrance. There, Jastis stood talking with a reptilian humanoid. Murphy remained unnoticed by the both of them, but Murphy could clearly see that the Spartan was distrustful of the newcomer.

"and i can understand the fear of others and the unknown. i was an orphan for a bit, and i couldn't trust anyone. But sometimes you need to let others in, in order to grow and expand. i swear i'll do everything in my power to help you and your crew."

The reptilian seemed sincere, but Murphy was well-trained in the art of deceit and treachery, and probably trusted fewer people than Jastis - a rare feat.

"Spartan" he addressed Jastis, not knowing what information Jastis had revealed, and not wanting to give away the Captain's identity and rank should the newcomer prove to be hostile, "I've been looking for you, asshole."

Though his words were hostile, his body language told a different story: I have your back

Murphy moved closer to the pair. He turned to the reptilian.

"So who the fuck are you?"

Erik

"You know you're welcome to join us down here Sarah... we don't bite do we Erik?"

"Not unless she asks Gid." Erik replied, with a lecherous smirk.

"Hey... do either of you think the ship feels... different all of a sudden?"

"Huh? Can't say I do...been on so many ships, they all just blend together..." He was looking the wrong way, and missed the new arrival, until the DMR began barking, a few lanes down. Looking over, he saw an unfamiliar geth step out of the lane, and he was about a half second away from attempting to subdue the unknown intruder, when it spoke.

"Hey Eon, what'd ya think? My program work well?"

"God damn it Firefly!" He said smiling, but with a serious note to his voice. "Please tell me the Captain knows about this...I nearly took you down because I thought you were an intruder." As the other two spoke, he walked around Amaya's new body. "Well you're right there Gid, but as my daddy always said; Ain't nuttin' a little Bondo and duct tape can't fix." Shaking his head a bit he went back into his lane.

"A good bit later, would I be able to see you in private?"

It was a good thing nobody could see his expression from where he was, because he was totally failing at keeping a straight face. Gaining a little composure, he lent out of the lane and looked at Amaya. "Hey is Voh back, or Murph up, yet?"

Kurash

Taking his leave as the Captain started talking to the drell, Kurash took off after Luna. Bloody human ships, the hallways are too damned small. After bumping into several people, he finally caught up with the asari. "I know you want to go lay down Azzie, but there are a couple of things I'd like to go over with you. Do you have somewhere we could talk?"

"I beg your pardon?" Pisti said, turning to face Murphey and backing up a bit. His words were hostile, enough to let her know she shouldn't let him get to close to her if she valued her life, but his body language seemed ready to support the large human. "I'm sorry, but who are you? And the language is not necessary, I was simply discussing my reasoning for being here. However, If you must know who I am, however rude the request may have been, I am Pistis Phonoi, bio-engineer and doctor. And I am a drell." The woman explained.

She took a few seconds to regain her composure from being approached hostilely and spoke again. "I would appreciate an apology, but I doubt I'm going toget one. And as I asked before, who might you be?"

Amaya thought for about 1/10 of a second before responding to Erik. "I still don't know why you call me that name, but Voh is back and is in the ship from what my last readouts told me when I was in the ship. And I think Murphey was moving about somewhere as well. I don't know locations as of now."

Luna looked up at the krogan from where she was sitting, sighing At him. "Bones I'm tired, you can speak to me in my room while get ready for a bit of a nap, but Thats about it." She said to him, getting up and walking to a storage room in the ship she had converted into a sort of living space for now. She sat down on her bed and stripped off her top, exposing the massive amout of gauze bandages around her mid section, a bit of blood on the gauze.

"Shit.. I'll need to get that checked out." She said to herself and began to take off the gauze, eventually revealing the somewhat transparent dinner late sized hole in her gut. "What do you want to talk about?" She asked, lokking around for a new roll of the stuff.

Murphy looked at the doctor and cracked a smile.

"I would appreciate an apology, but I doubt I'm going toget one. And as I asked before, who might you be?"

"First of all, you're on a goddamned, fucking military vessel. A classified one, at that. You seem surprised that someone would question your presence here."

He knew that cursing would push her buttons, but Murphy wanted to see how she reacted to curveballs - it was the fastest way he had found to read people.

"Who am I? Who does it look like I am? I'm an escaped patient of sick bay. Now I shouldn't tell you this, but what I'm wearing doesn't cover my ass, and I'm freezing. Where can I get some pants?"

He cocked his head to the side, raising his eyebrows, and waited.

Erik

"I still don't know why you call me that name, but Voh is back and is in the ship from what my last readouts told me when I was in the ship. And I think Murphy was moving about somewhere as well. I don't know locations as of now."

"Heh, I'll explain later....GOING HOT!" Waiting a three count, he slid his final magazine home and unloaded all fourteen rounds in rapid order. Bringing the target to him, he was pleased to see the shots were all in the ten ring. Returning the pistol, he made his way out of the range. "Later all."

It was with little difficulty that he found Voh. Slipping into a seat across from the sangheili, he spoke in a low voice. "Sarah told me about your 'run in' with her family. I just have one question, were they armed?"

Kurash

"Bones I'm tired, you can speak to me in my room while get ready for a bit of a nap, but that's about it."

"Fair enough." He rumbled. "I've read the mission report. That turned into...oh what's that human phrase? Ah... a cluster fuck." Even knowing what had happened, he couldn't help but flinch a bit...he couldn't help it, he still cared for her. Snagging the roll of gauze, he stepped towards her. "Here, let me."

As he bound the wound, he shifted gears so-to-speak. "I wanted to cover two things. One, Aria wants you to just handle the personnel aspect of this little side show. Work contacts as needed; make friends for us, intel that sorta stuff. I'll handle the hardware end of things. Two...lay off the aliens. I know you have your preferred way of doing things, and that Commandos can fairly informal at times, but not this lot. I know these humans aren't like the Alliance that we know, but they are a formal military. Their Captain expressed some concerns to me, and I agree. You might like that Voh fellow, whatever he is, but you can't just run off with him when the mood strikes you. You remember the term, 'Chain of Command'? Well stunts like what you pulled when they first showed up, and bringing those salarains, or that drell on board without the Captain's approval seriously fuck that over." Finished securing the bandages, Kurash moved to look Luna in the eye. "This is from Aria: Either back off and fall in line or you're back to the Citadel until they're gone."

Luna sort of winced a bit as pani. Hit her from the wound. "The mission was a cluster fuck because I wasn't careful enough with myself. But the Salarians are necessary, none of their doctors know how to even begin going about biotic inflicted wounds. The drell wasn't my call, the Salarians called her in and Voh needed to let off steam, rather quickly too. And you're not military, neither am I, despite whatever schooling we've had." She said to kurash. Giving a quick look of the bandages, they were satisfying her standards and she returned her attention to the krogan.

"We don't operate or function like they do, and we thrive because of it. They may be military, but that only can get you so far. That captain is a machine that only cares about what his next orders are and how efficiently he can get the job done. If it came down to it, from what he's shown me, it doesn't look like he'd even mourn a crew member loss, a bigger stick up the ass than any Turian I've ever met." She said to him. Then the Asari thought about her combat capabilities. "And I really can't fight anytime soon cause of what you just helped me cover up. So I'll be stuck without fighting duty." She explained to him.

"I'm willing to work with him, but he's not going to get any respect until he earns it. Captain or not, he's still an emotionless machine. He wants me to play nice and obedient like a little soldier, he'll need to change." She finished.

Pisti read this rather quickly, a test on her own skills. "You're clearly not mentally sick as you'd be under more heavy guard if you were a threat. I can only assume you're recovering from Injuries from a mission based on your appearance. As to why you're up and out of bed, it is beyond me. however, I can tell the medical staff is keeping a poor eye on you as you should be in bed and resting, not throwing vulgarities at me." She said to him. Then she decided shed satisfy him with an answer to his pants request. "And if your logical capabilities were properly functioning, listening to them when they ask you to stay in be d would not only help you recover faster, but also keep you warm with the blanker on the bed, therefore eliminating the need for pants."

As Voh was sipping on the tea, which was bland in every sense of the word. He heard Erik seat beside him. Letting the human do so while he drinks as he knew what he came here for. At least he thinks he does. Which Erik confirm a moment later with the blunt question. Glad he was, he always hates it when humans speak around, what was it that they say, around the bush?

"Yes they were." Voh simply said as he turn to look at the Spartan directly. "Is their anything else you wish to speak about? Or may I return to what you "humans" refer to as tea, though it is a poor excuse for such a thing." He wonder if this was going to be a daily thing. Someone coming up to him through out the day wondering if sarah's family were armed or not.

"I used a program to adjust the targeting, so I really was sort of cheating... I'll learn from feeling them naturally, but hopefully I'll learn to use a gun properly by memory." Amaya said as she looked around, then faced Gideon. "A good bit later, would I be able to see you in private?" The question confused Gideon somewhat, which was replicated by the look on his face to show his puzzled state.

"Later all." Spoke Erik as he unloaded a final pistol clip into the target, seemingly pleased that they all hit the innermost circle. He then returned his pistol and headed out of the range.

"Later Erik." Gideon said with a brief wave before turning back to Amaya.

"Uhhhhh.... sure, as far as I know my schedule is pretty clear, and I don't think we're going to be needed for a while mission wise."

Sarah snickered again, this time at Amaya admitting to cheating, but left it at that, the conversation was moving on and she'd more or less been left behind. Not that Sarah minded, she was really only there to see Amaya's new body. The Spartan turned back to the target "Gonna start shooting now" she said to the pair, before opening fire on the target.

Erik

"Yes they were. Is there anything else you wish to speak about? Or may I return to what you humans refer to as 'tea', though it is a poor excuse for such a thing."

"Thank you Voh, that's all I needed." He replied, standing. "I'll let you get back to your drink, such as it is." Taking his leave, Erik made his way to Medical, only to find the Murph had discharged himself without telling anyone. I don't know WHY I'd be surprised by that...fuckin' spooks. Leaving Medical, he began his search.

Kurash

He winced, then sighed as Luna vented. "I'll give you that the salarians are necessary, but you still should've run that by Captain Jastis; just like they should've run the drell by him... this is his ship." Pacing the room, he kept at least one eye on Luna. "By the Void Azzie...you sound like some petulant little 40 year old, who belives the galaxy owes her. You might not like how the Captain does things, but tough shit; my orders are to let HIM run his crew his way, and since we both are going to be working with them, we have to play their game." With that he made to leave.

Kurash was halfway out the door when he stopped and turned to face Luna again. "If you can't handle that, like I said before, Aria'll want you off Omega until this all clears up....get some rest Azzie." With that he headed back to find Jastis.

"And if your logical capabilities were properly functioning, listening to them when they ask you to stay in be d would not only help you recover faster, but also keep you warm with the blanket on the bed, therefore eliminating the need for pants."

Murphy snickered. The Drell was snarky.

"Sanity is a loosely measured thing." He replied. "Tell you what, I assume you have some kind of ID. Give the Spartan your ID, then walk with me to the mess hall. We have a fairly substantial menu, as well as other entertainment options. You'll be free to stay in there and eat, while we run your ID through our local contacts. Sound good?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked