We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 190 NEXT

"Pardon me? Weed?" She said to Anik. "And I don't think I ever caught your name."

"Hah, just makes things more fun!" Gash cheerily replied to Candace. "Maybe it'll happen again, and I can actually fight it!"

She turned her head to Anik. "Why would you want weeds?"

"Your lust for battle puzzles me..." Candace replied flatly to Gash, then looked to Anik. "What do you mean weed? I have some herbs for my tea if that helps..."

"Umm ... I think it's called ... marhuana or something like that. It's a special kind of weed. You smoke it, and it makes you very relaxed. I'd like to get some.
And my name is Anik. You are?"
Anik explained.

"Tea with herbs? ... maybe. I can try your tea." she added to Candace.

"Ah. Drugs." A beat. "My name is Shana Vang. Pleased to meet you."

"I don't like things that mess with my head, but I'll let you know if I find any of this weed."

"Glad to hear." Candace told Anik. "Lady Candace Ayers. Pleasure to meet, I'm sure."

Interdimensional Port

"Do you have access to the materials your armour is made from? We might have to test our weaponry on it, to see how effective it is." one of the guards told Dalahar.

Downtown Montreal

During their explorations of Montreal, a city which had changed a fair amount with the introduction of new, completely alien, cultures, the group of interdimensionals would see a number of grocery shops and similar stores, some of which were obviously owned by interdimensionals. They would also, with some time, locate a pawn shop.

"Pleased to meet you two, too." Anik said. "And thank you, Gash.
You might call it drugs, Shana, but it's completely natural, something nature gave to us. It's more like medicine for me, it helps me calm down a lot."

"Ceramite and plasteel." He said. "From the looks of you I'd say a few good hits from a infantry anti tank weapon should do the job." Dalahar felt quiete bad explaining this. He was however hesitant to reveal the weakness of his armour, at least the specifics. "Your small arms will have trouble, even large caliber." He continued. "I hope it doesn't come to that" he said solemnly

"I never said it was unnatural. But it is a drug nonetheless, whether or not you view it as medicine."

After a few minutes, Shana spotted something.

"Ah, here we are. I think I found what is supposed to be a pawn shop." She made her way over there and inspected the shop entrance or any windows.

"So... What is this medicine?"

"It's herbs, or weed, or whatever the technical term is. You put them inside a leaf, or a paper, then you smoke them.
It's pretty light. Alcohol, for example, does do much more. It still helps me if I am angry or upset, though."
Anik explained. "I hope something like that grows here as well. It's pretty cold."

She followed to the pawn shop, but then said: "I don't have anything I could sell, and I have no money. I even got these clothes just new. I'm not sure what I can do, apart from searching for a phone, call Lambda, and have her pay us some food."

Interdimensional Port

"We also have blastia technology and various vibro-blade weapon designs. You might be unfamiliar with them, so that's why I think tests would help."

Downtown Montreal

Shana would see a sign in the entrance announcing the shop was open. In the windows, she would spot a number of products ranging from phones to DVDs among other things.

"Seems non conventional. Very well" he said and detached detached his left elbow guard. "Not the thickest or strongest piece but it should give you a rough idea." He glanced at the press once more. He tapped the side of his helmet. "Keep me updated, I need to find some people"

"Oh. Dis you learn about that from one of the tribes?" Candace asked Anik.

At the other side of Quebec, Near a Pawn shop, Edward, Nina, and a bunch of civilians

Edward unwinds his shoulders and lets out a relived sigh. "Ah Canada!" Ed shouts out, appropriately weirding out the normans randoms on the street, ",oh have I missed your weather!" His trip to nostalgia lawn was brought down when he heard Ninna 'Ber-ing' and shivering like some sort of casual. Girl, do you even cold?

"Already ber'ing?" He turns to the #casual, "Be happy this isn't the Canada where I am from or else you would had been a popsicle," nonetheless, despite being a #casual, Edward does not want her to freeze to death. Partially because Child Protection Services would lynch him for it, but still.

He then turns 360 degrees in search of a clothing shop. Damn, if he had those cybernetic vision of his active he would have an easier time finding it. But then again, nothing beats a napalm flamthrower in terms of practically....

Eventually he found one after spinning like a record, baby. But when he tried finding Canadian Dollars on his person, all he found where his shekels gold coins from one his bizarre adventures.

"Um," Edward looks down awkwardly at the little girl, "you don't have any dollars, do you?"

If Nina says no, he would eventually have to man up and pawn his shekels gold coins to that pawn shop. Damn Child Protection Services.

"This stuff doesn't look foreign. It looks like it was made by humans from Earth, just very ancient."

Shana entered the shop and proceeded to go to the counter and wait patiently for a clerk to come.

"I learned this from my tribe, yes." Anik said.

Gash held out the bloody wood carving from earlier in front of her. "I wonder how much I could sell a god for?" She said idly, walking into the store.

"Fitting. They often do things !like that." Candace remakes to Anik, then looked at Gash. "You had best not sell our only source of healing."

"I'm not gonna sell it, I just want to see how much a god is worth." She replied to Candace, then looked for a clerk who wouldn't cower from her.

"You know a lot about tribes?" Anik asked. "I would not have expected ... with you being a lady. I only knew ladies who stayed back in their high castles, marrying wealthy knights and lords."

Downtown Montreal

Shana and Gash would see a clerk behind the counter, who approached them both. "How can I help?" she asked, looking at the group that had accompanied Shana and Gash to the shop curiously.

"I had to venture out. It is a long story." Candace told Anik.

"I have a god of blood who tried to enslave the world once, contained in this carving." Gash slammed the statue down on the counter. "How much will you give me for it?"

streets of Montreal
Dalahar had left the guards, content with his answers and his ability to control himself. He knew Anik and the like were looking for supplies so directions to the area where he could find them were received and he was on his way, trudging through the streets oblivious to the cold and trying to avoid people as much as possible due to
His appearance and size

Nina giggled to herself a little at Ed spun about. When he asked if she had any money, she looked down at her dress to point out it's obvious lack of pockets, and answered, "N-N-No." Her speech slightly impaired as her teeth had started chattering.

"I respect you for it." Anik said. "Ever thought about maybe joining a tribe?"

"Oh god no. Why would I do that?" Candace asked, slightly offended.

"Lot's of benefits. You are closer to nature, you are much more honest by hunting your own food. And you can learn secrets you never knew existed." Anik said, not irritated. "And, at least in the Brazilian jungle, they don't care about what you wear."

Downtown Montreal

"Well, what can it do, if it's got a god in it?" the clerk asked.

"One thing at a time, please." She said to Gash. And she turned back to the clerk.

"Well I have these gold trinkets that I'd like to sell. I feel like that might be the easiest transaction to do right now." She chuckled as she handed over the items Tresh gave to her.

"That all sounds horrible!" Candace sounded genuinely shocked that Anik was enjoying this.

Anik was very confused by Candace's reaction.

After being silent for a bit, she said: "I am very confused by this. We are pretty much better than other people in most things, and you think it all horrible? I ... don't understand."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 190 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked