Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

"Insect people from the earth's core... WEARING SILLY HATS!"

That was an awesome ending.

with silly hats lol

Yup, I saw H.A.W.X comming too. :D

*snicker* "silly hats"

I must say that was the best ending credits sequence in a while, rambling off a lot of famous movie twists. Well done, Yahtzee.

SimuLord:
Press X to make the world safe for democracy---now that's a good new twist on an old joke.

Also, the Webby Awards are a complete and utter joke with about as much credibility as if I ran a blog, created a banner, and gave it to the Escapist (or any other website) so they could call themselves "Some Guy With a Blog's Website of the Fucking Year." So no, annoying ad, I won't visit that worthless site and waste my time voting. I'm too busy wasting my time ranting about it in a post that nobody will read because it'll be buried under OVER NINE THOUSAND more comments in the space of about five minutes.

Hear hear. On both your comments.

And I guess I don't get the whole silly hats thing.

I was glad to hear Yahtzee take a dig at the obnoxious guitar intro/outro. Perhaps it is too much to hope, but could there be a future where he brings back the clever, quirky song choices for each episode? Please?

Tom Clancy never wrote a video game! EvER!
Ubisoft purchased his name for 5 fuckin millions of euros! Don't believe?! http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/37625/Ubisoft-Purchase-Tom-Clancys-Name
So I expect next Tom Clancy game to be about some guy like Jack Ryan to fight world economic crisis, jut to find out it was a plan of the communist in... Let's say... Ukrain. Meanwhile they reap off 24h, Burn Notice (just see Splinter Cell ConViciotn) and Behind Enemy Lines.

Good review, but as Yahtzee said he doesn't play these types of games so there's nothing for him to compare it to. So if any of you have played both Ace Combat 6 and HAWX, and taking into account I already own Ace Combat, is HAWX worth my time? Is Ace Combat better? Is HAWX better? Or do they both have a unique charm and I should give HAWX a spin?

I Have both ac6 and Hawx. The missions in Hawx gets kinda boring - protect a plane or protect some ships about 80% of the time. I would rent it first, cause the only thing i like about Hawx was the assist-off flight mode, which got me a little sick at first and only got it about 20 minutes later after getting shot down a half dozen time by the training drones.

greygelgoog:
Good review, but as Yahtzee said he doesn't play these types of games so there's nothing for him to compare it to. So if any of you have played both Ace Combat 6 and HAWX, and taking into account I already own Ace Combat, is HAWX worth my time? Is Ace Combat better? Is HAWX better? Or do they both have a unique charm and I should give HAWX a spin?

I personnaly like ace combat 5 more than any of these games, but hawkx and AC6 are sort of similar in terms of how good they are in what they do. But they feel quite different(to me at least). Hwk is more...intense? i guess is the word. I recommend it, it's a good game in general.

That was an awesome review! Again! XD

Seriously one of my favourites. And it was quite nice that Yahtzee actually likes the game this time.

Another good review.
the joke at the end was as it said well timed..

I love it when Yahtzee waxes philosophic on politics and world conflict. Pure gold!

I love how the people say that this video was 'lacking in the humour department' and other such comments are all USAmericans.

Look guys, we Brits don't really hate you. We just like to take the piss becasue were all bitter people in a country where it's always raining. Don't take it to heart.

good review, Yahtzee. once again.

An army of insect people from the Earths core? He is right. Most Tom Clancy games have shitty stories but fun gameplay.

Spyalt:
That was simply not funny in the slightest.

well no it wasn't all that funny right until the insect joke at the end which made the entire thing worth it.

I had never actually laughed out loud at anything in ZP's reviews before, even though he is quite witty and I love his Australian/British (is there really that much of a difference?) accent.

But that image of Uncle Sam going "D: OI" just got to me.

Good show, ZP. Good show indeed.

Also to the guy that said Americans didn't find this funny: I live in California.

Softman:

yourbeliefs:
Decent review. A little lacking in the humor department but still solid.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed that Yahtzee hasn't reviewed a PC game since Left 4 Dead?

Ehrmmm...HAWX is on PC as well as on the consoles.

As was Far Cry 2 and Fear 2, but I mean he hasn't reviewed a pure PC game or a PC version of a PC + Console released game. Also I'm not counting the Thief review because that was a retrospective one. I'm talking about modern releases.

kaa:
I love how the people say that this video was 'lacking in the humour department' and other such comments are all USAmericans.

Look guys, we Brits don't really hate you. We just like to take the piss becasue were all bitter people in a country where it's always raining. Don't take it to heart.

I agree. :)

It's called satire. We've all grown up with Hollywood productions anyway.

Spoilers in this review is acceptable because no-one plays Tom Clancy games anymore anyway.

Teron16:
wait.. some of you people actually take yahtzee's game advice?
he has terrible taste you morons.. BAAAA

Like you're any better?
Animate me up a 5+ minute game review using naught but three colors and some clipart and make it funny.
Come on now, we're all waiting for that groundbreaking game review.

There's another game for me to buy now :(

fuuuny as always Yat :)

like insects from the center of the earth

wearing silly hats......

best.line.ever

citizen kane, soylent green, planet of the apes, sixth sense, usual suspects, crying game.. and now HAWX.

Yahtzee has saved me so much money! his game reviews are not only funny as fuck but right on the money all the time! another top notch review

Wuth Silly Hats Was the only funny part, other than that it was a review. so nice work there you calapigeon superman!

I don't know why, but I absolutely love the line "By the time you see one, it's already over there". And the picture of Uncle Sam yelling "OI" made me laugh. And, of course, the credits sequence with the endless spoilers.

Another great review from Yahtzee.

Another solid review from Yahtzee, although now I keep wondering what film the final spoiler was from.

Near the end before the silly hats comment, I thought the video froze again. But you're right it is all about the timing lol. As for H.A.W.X I've been hearing so many mixed reviews about this game that I'm still can't make heads or tails of it.

Farson89:
Another solid review from Yahtzee, although now I keep wondering what film the final spoiler was from.

The Crying Game

He has great taste.....listening to hall of the mountain king rofl FTW

Clancy probably doesn't write any games but the plot sure sounds like one of his: the villains are foiled by doing something completely idiotic that makes absolutely no sense.

What does a PMC possibly gain by declaring open warfare against the government of their most lucrative employer!? How does that make more sense than just paying off the elected officials you need to promote the laws and policies you want?

The Hunt for Red October was a good book that was made into a good movie, but since then, Clancy's novels have gotten progressively bad. Especially since the end of the Cold War.

Ha, good review.

Gears of War, much?

Farson89:

Sleepaway camp... or The Crying Game. Take your pick.

Yahtzee:
... it would have been more credible if the villains had been an army of disgruntled insect people from the earth's core!

Oh no you didn't.

Human and disgruntled insect person from the earth's core:
*Stare at Yahztee, in disbelief that he actually went there, or waiting for a punchline, probably both*

... Oh yes you did.

Yahtzee:
... WITH SILLY HATS!

I am setting aside $70 USD just in case this ever happens.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here