Unskippable: Ace Combat 6

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

The "And we all went Blind" is a reference to the very intriguing book "Day of the Triffids"

Its pretty surreal.

I'm posting in a thread. My words type on the keys as I narrate to myself as if I'm writing this all down in a journal somewhere, or telling someone something and this is all a flashback, but it's not.

Irandrura:

Onyx Oblivion:
That woman has some bad luck...Her daughter and husband dead.

The husband survives, I believe. You play him.

Also, the iron fist quote is brilliant.

Aww....It would have been so badass to play as a housewife turned fighter pilot.

As long as you don't "crank that Soulja Boy"

lmao :D

Now that was a great video. Your comments certainly brightened up what turned out to be a depressing cut seen. I found the narrators voice quite dragging as well.
I do find it odd though, that a country that had its cities and economy wreaked by a massive meteor shower and then by civil war can find the resources, in the space of a few years to almost completely oust a nation completely unaffected by both disasters.

That was a lame cutscene.... Why is it Japanese games have to have such long and pointless openings?

its offical ''good'' voice acting is dead =[

great job guys =D

I'm amazed at this - at least Crimson Sky cutscenes are about AIR PILOTS, usually on a zepplin. Not about a wife of a pilot...on a fucking depressing day. And then the sucuide pups! Sent by Bland FM ;)

I played the game with voices and BGM muted. I plugged in the Top Gun soundtrack and shazam!
Instant Ace.

Some of the worst voice acting I've encountered in recent gaming.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
Her husband should have done a barrel roll.

Oh lawd, you win.

Had I not seen the title I would have no clue this was a flight simulator, terrible cutscene, great vid.

This was good because I rented this game a while back and only made it about halfway through this excruciating intro before skipping past it ^_^

Great game, bad cutscenes, although they get better later in the game and they are good in the sense that you get a sense of how what you are doing is affecting others but still... Doesn't excuse the bad voice acting.

Cut scenes like this exists to appear on video like Unskippable!

That's all I have to say, beside this getting a few laughs from me.

...I thought unskippable generally only did these parodies on games that had unskippable cutscenes? Ace combat's cutscenes WERE skippable.

Lios:
...I thought unskippable generally only did these parodies on games that had unskippable cutscenes? Ace combat's cutscenes WERE skippable.

Good

this cut scene is worse the omnishia 3 cut scene when it goes from japan to France in the same cut scene

This cut scene just doesn't have anything to do with the actual gameplay with the game

Truly a terrible cutscene, it was nearly bearable with the comments.

The king was on the small side
"Heh heh heh..."

"I faked every wish."

"..Their nation had fallen into civil war"
"this lady won and ruled with an iron fist"

See now its cut scenes and writing like this that makes me hate most things game related that come out of japan. There really isnt a need for such over done stupid stories.

Brilliant episode guys - making me laugh through something so depressingly boring. :D

Goat sacrifice for a goodbye?

Man, I gotta do that. Except that I'd rather kill a roast beef or a chicken wing.

What.

Lios:

Yeah, but now they are just laughing at stupid cutscenes.

OK so I have a new favourite video.

Just... lol

Every joke pure lulz.

Abedeus:

Man, I gotta do that. Except that I'd rather kill a roast beef or a chicken wing.

What.

Lios:

In my opinion they're just running out of ideas.

Wow, that was actually BETTER than eternal sonata. That's saying something

I played this game and I knew you guys would give it the Unskippable treatment anytime soon. This game's story is fucked up!

Lios:

Abedeus:

What.

Lios:

In my opinion they're just running out of ideas.

In my opinion you ought to PIPE DOWN MISTER AND RESPECT THEIR AUTHORITAL!!

Seriously you guys...

Bad cutscenes won't end. Ever. I have watched few of them myself...

Wow, this game is messed up

I know how you feel. I love ace combat. 4 is my fav, then 5 and maybe Zero...but 6? it's aweful!. well at least there is some fun to be had. Nice show guys

Awesome work, fellas. Brilliant writing as always, and great pick for the game. "Our army basically retreated immediately, we are a nation of cowards."

Though if I could make one suggestion: put some kind of disclaimer about the series title in the intro; I'm starting to worry I might get some kind of aneurysm from headdesk trauma.

"And after I had passed the smoking wreckage of my Husbands plane I found my Grandfather, dead, on the side of the road. Well, actually it was just his torso and head. It turns out that my husbands plane had crashed on him as he was walking to the convenient store to get more milk . Dammit, could this day get any worse?"

I liked the ending

xD Brilliant episode guys!

Sid Meier:
The "And we all went Blind" is a reference to the very intriguing book "Day of the Triffids"

Its pretty surreal.

That line brought back memories. I didn't read the book, but I did see the movie. Everyone's screaming the morning after that amazing light show. Sweet brief reference!

Did anyone here Graham putting on his Yahtzee voice around "This is just the voice they call in..."

ROFL THE PUPPIES VIOLENTLY KILLING THEMSELVES XD

One of the best I have seen, such a shitty cinematic lol.

May I suggest a Killzone 2 cinematic next, some r pretty cheesy :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or