Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 25 NEXT

I hear that they're going to release it in a box set with the new Battletoads. Pre-orders get a free Wii strap.

What the? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It isn't working for me. :(

I get the following error report, does anybody have a clue? I'm watching in Firefox but it isn't working in Internet Explorer either.

EDIT: It works! And it was highly amusing I must say. :)

Impthra:
I lold

same high 5

Nice one. Hurray for them Vl'hurghs!

-bladerunner-:

SYSTEM-J:
Terrible review. He's really jumped the shark on this one. He doesn't even describe the gameplay at all, he's too busy making stupid, unfunny jokes and long, pointless tangents about monkeys. If you compare this to one of his earlier reviews you'll see that it's NOTHING like his old style. Yahtzee has really sold out and*CUT*

Maybe now, idiots will stop lambasting him for not doing "proper reviews".

*sigh* He can't comment on gameplay because the game IS NOT OUT and may never be, he was only talking about how the game should be when it is released due to the time it is taking to 'develop' it (or did you not understand the extremely radical change in Yahtzee's reviewing style ie. he had nothing bad to say about the game).

Read up on the subject before making unfounded complaints about it.

He was joking, he didn't really think that duke nukem had come out, he was making fun of the people who did I think...

"that's TARGIC" no it certainly wasn't!

-bladerunner-:

SYSTEM-J:
Terrible review. He's really jumped the shark on this one. He doesn't even describe the gameplay at all, he's too busy making stupid, unfunny jokes and long, pointless tangents about monkeys. If you compare this to one of his earlier reviews you'll see that it's NOTHING like his old style. Yahtzee has really sold out and*CUT*

Maybe now, idiots will stop lambasting him for not doing "proper reviews".

*sigh* He can't comment on gameplay because the game IS NOT OUT and may never be, he was only talking about how the game should be when it is released due to the time it is taking to 'develop' it (or did you not understand the extremely radical change in Yahtzee's reviewing style ie. he had nothing bad to say about the game).

Read up on the subject before making unfounded complaints about it.

Aaaahahahaha!

Sarcasm = missed.

Sgt. Dante:

The_root_of_all_evil:
So, what system is it out for? I've been saving for ages.

Well he reviewed the PS3 version but I was going to get it for my microwave, I hear it's out on everything with a screen.

The ZX Spectrum version is by far the best one out there. I wholeheartedly recommend.

Anyway, this was thoroughly enjoyable. Had me going for a moment there. I believe at least now we are officially through with DNF(RIP).

Lenoh:
Everyone else may like it, but I'm here to play the devil's advocate.

Yahtzee, usually your reviews are witty and quite funny and actually mean something as to whether I should consider buying the game or not. But wasting 3 and a half minutes and a week's worth of review on a game everyone knows will never come out is a lot more lazy than anything 3DRealms did. Shame on you, Yahtzee.

But I still did like the howler monkey reference. :P

Your Avatar is awesome. =p

Absolutely FUCKING AWESOME.
Sorry, it had to be said.

Lol so they got sued 8 years too late in my opinion. Well don JZ XD

One of the best vids in a long time well done Yahtzee,well done

A four-minute eulogy for a twelve-year-old project, rife with sarcasm so thin and gently wrapped it's practically gossamer. Still, i'm curious if anyone else is scheduled to speak at this funeral.

My and my zero punctuation t shirt (and my tremulous voice) think this is a brilliant idea. Creating a vehicle for the best bits of yahtzee's creativity without having to be burdened by reviewing an actual existing game.
Brilliant!

Hopefully this mock review will silence the whiners who constantly complain about ZP going stale...

You forgot to mention level 8 where you have a nuclear pillow fight with stalin, the was some good shit!

Dante Spears:
As good as always! I gotta find this game to play sometime - I say with my tongue planted firmly in cheek.

You've only watched a minute of it..

Scratch That
I doubt you've watched it at all.

Hahaha, you really had me going there Yahtzee. I almost thought that it was really released and I hadn't noticed, and all this "ZOMFG ITS AMAAAAZING" stuff was prodding it for being altogether pretty damn crap. But no, it still isn't released (oh, how shocking) so thank you Yahtzee, thank you for re-killing the buzz that's only been alive for a couple of years at most.

Me thinks DNF actually means Does Not Finish....

Awesome though, it's the perfect mesh up of qualities. I wanna cook on the moon with Duke.

wow, hahaha.....yahtzee you are a genius.

In fact, when I looked up sarcasm in the dictionary, you were definition number 4.

I'm offended that he forgot the best part of the game where you defeat Hitler by picking your nose & scowling during the most important parts of his speeches.

There's really no excuse to not et this sarcasm... it explains the joke in the credits!

That was brilliant - great way to still entertain us during a slow reviewing period. One of the classics, for sure.

And I dunno about you guys, but I never cared about DNF - I couldn't care less if it's never released. I never played the original...

Minute 3: That was the fastest I had ever heard him talk before. That was funnier than hell!

funniest one in a long time, i LOL'd

BonsaiK:
I hear that they're going to release it in a box set with the new Battletoads. Pre-orders get a free Wii strap.

Strapon, maybe.

Awesome. Where can I preorder? :D

A good reveiw following the frightening disapperance of Unskippable.

BonsaiK:

Battletoads is already out though. I'm enjoying the free Wii strap I got with it.

I don't think I'll be able to afford DNF, 14 DVDs sounds very very expensive. Must be worth the wait at least.

Ahh, the old Duke. Didn't offer much beyond the more atmospheric Doom from where I was standing but still, it was fun seeing people teetering on the edge of insanity and despair - and after a while, admittedly (elapsing time is a remarkable thing), you start giving up on your criticism and sarcasm and whatnot, you drop the defenses and actually start rooting for 3D Realms to get it finally done.

Is probably the reason why even Yahtzee succumbed and mused and jollied about what could have been. Oops, sorry, why even Yahtzee succumbed and lauded the greatest game ever produced by mankind, showering it with the highest accolades and praise at his disposal. There's no escape from the Duke. When it's done.

Man, people are stupid.

This review was satire. It's trying to show that Duke Nukem would have to solve world hunger, bring about world peace, and give out free peanut M&Ms to make up for the long wait time. Also, if they didn't use those ten years making THE. BEST. GAME. EVER. then people going to call bullshit on them.

Positive Yahtzee scares me. Even if the positivity is faker an a emo kid.

For the first 20 seconds or so, I was like "What!? They finally released it!? And it's good?!"

And then reality punched me in the face.

I have to say this was a master stroke from Yahtzee, and I find I agree with him about the level of hype this game has received.

Why Duke Nukem?

Goldeneye103X2:

Good review, but I was hoping he'd review infamous

Well though, get over it. YOu can't always have everything you want life doesn't work that way.

On the other had that is a kick ass name...

MasterKeelay18:
Why Duke Nukem?

Why not?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook