Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

im really suprised that people like this guy and not wanting his head on a stick.

Well that.. Could of been better, most of what you've said has already been said before and better.

If you really didn't want to do a review this week then you could of uploaded one of your old youtube reviews and told everyone you were sick, or just lazy.

Well this very well summed up E3 actually...

The Rockerfly:
Does anyone feel it was slightly rushed this week? I suppose he has got a lot of content to get through but still...

I agree. Dunno, but I found this to be one of his poorer reviews. For a once a year review, unless he's required to keep it under 5mins, a longer review would have probably been better.

I do hope you can punch Milo. Immersion aside, he's far too cheery. Like some godawful Disney TV programme character. He just oozes in helpfulness and charming naivity. A real kid would throw a tantrum/run away/get in a fight/cry

GeEom:

personaly, natal looks staggering, if it works,

thats the point, if it works

juraigamer:
The only reasonable promising thing at E3 was the part about Supreme Commander 2, the rest needs to kill their design team and hire a new one and create a new game, not in a any way shape or from like their previous ones.

Sup Com 2 and Ruse seemed to be the only things I liked about E3... like Yahtzee said in his review.... everything (else) was shit..... And I didn't watch the actually thing about Sup Com 2 (just read about it) and Ruse they only had the trailer.... no more..... E3 gets more stupid and annoying everytime......

BTW I wonder if there is anyway to let people know that I stopped playing my Wii (except for Brawl) cause I got bored of waving my arms around.... I don't care for Microsoft (cause I hate the 360) but I don't want the PS3 ruined (I played my 360 1 or 2 times, then hated it, and Wii got my arms to tired, and PS3 is the only console I still play alot...... but I don't think I will have to worry about having to quit playing PC games.... which I play my PC more than everything else)

Well, it's hard for me to get excited about any of the games, they were plugging at e3 this year. Everything looks like stuff I've seen done before, and better.

I do agree with Yahtzee about Assassins Creed 2, though:
Maybe Assassins Creed 2 could be good, if they actually give Desmond those assassin skills, like they were hinting at, at the end of AC1. Skills I would promptly use to tear the larynx out of that anal Abstergo doctor, by the way :-)

When he started going through games I was pissing myself.
Beatles Rockband, it's like Badger Mammal, Inspector Morse Detective, Harmonix Obvious Cash-in.
All the puns on the titles were brilliant.

Very disappointing. No Sarah Palin Jokes about Bayonetta?

Oh boy, I laughed. The whole video was just great.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Why? Because people are shit. Whenever I'm in a crowd, I think to myself, "Who left this shit all over the place?" I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit, and if you're sitting there thinking, "Yes, it's true, everyone is shit except me," then you're a double-bacon shit with large fries, Mr. Shitface.

"The fool believes himself to be wise. The wise man knows he is a fool." - Socrates

he is right all motion control is bad. games are for people who play them not for the people who don't but what happenes money is involved it all goes to shit

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa lol i died

Yahtzee you forgot Splinter Cell ConViction, Modern Warfare 2 and the new Star Wars MMORPG (you know to bash it with that super trailer, that will never be like the game).
Now E3 is all about hyping, like when you are a virgin and is just about to make sexy. It's over to soon, not as good as you expected and some ressentiment is left. Long life to E3.

PS: please review Prototype, cause I wanna know who cloned who (Prototype or inFamous)

hehe because people are shit! ah i was hoping he was going to say people equal shit. i wounder if that was refrence to slipknot

Meh i waited a whole week for another E3 sum up but cuz i love yahtzee im going to let this one slip by :D

definitely the best one in a long time. Everything he said was absolutely true.

You can't apply the motion sensing to a game like Gears of War and Call of Duty, there to much action.

By the way the Nintendo referrence was spot on.

Whats also interesting is that the next Team Ico game has caused many to think the beast will die (GamesRadar for one)... maybe the word LAST Guardian implies death from the beginning.

I just wonder what Yahtzee thinks about this DS scribble game that won most critics re-release awards...

Another is Modern Warfare 2. He somewhat liked the first although the trailer wasn't TJAT impressive, meh might as well wait and see.

Not much really wowed me this year, in the long term I'm just waiting for God of War III while in the short term I'll get Overlord II, charming game.

The throaty strangling noise sure was unique and interesting.

The video was wonderful and I agree with Yahtzee on ALL of his points raised in this review.

However, he did not mention the oncoming of Mass Effect 2. Combat has been improved, and hopefully, so has playability! Then it'll be worth a damn!

As for God of War III and Gears of War III (Holy crap, they're both "of war" and have a III stapled on the end).. When you've seen Cratos (sp?) split open one skill with his fist, you've seen them ALL! As for Gears of War, Yahtzee would call it a "generic brown FPS that's the color of shit."

I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't mention L4D2. I guess he figured it's taken enough flak from fans of the first game. Star Wars: The Old Republic was skipped as well. I was expecting some sort of "Oh yes, the obligatory Star Wars game, a franchise that definitely hasn't gotten so flooded with games that you could build a bridge to the *expletive* moon with them." Perhaps Yahtzee knows everything Bioware makes is gold, or the sheer awesomeness of the cinematic was enough to warm even the cold, jaded shackles of his heart. Of course, the most likely answer is that he can't cover everything.

look! a herd of dead horses!

brazuca:
Yahtzee you forgot Splinter Cell ConViction, Modern Warfare 2 and the new Star Wars MMORPG (you know to bash it with that super trailer, that will never be like the game).
Now E3 is all about hyping, like when you are a virgin and is just about to make sexy. It's over to soon, not as good as you expected and some ressentiment is left. Long life to E3.

PS: please review Prototype, cause I wanna know who cloned who (Prototype or inFamous)

well really inFamous "cloned" [PROTOTYPE] cuz [PROTOTYPE] has been in the media longer than inFamous but thats just if you want to get technical but they are both great games so yeah :D

xXSMaC 123Xx:
well really inFamous "cloned" [PROTOTYPE] cuz [PROTOTYPE] has been in the media longer than inFamous but thats just if you want to get technical but they are both great games so yeah :D

In he media doesn't mean much, how long it was in development on the other hand.

people are shit I can agree with that. If we weren't shit then America wouldn't be in a recession. There wouldn't be a war on terrorism. We'd all be smarter and not destroying our lives with drugs. We'd also be happily riding the choo choo express to heaven!!!!

p.s. the noise in the end credits was hilarious XD

I was partially expecting him to comment on L4D2.

0p3rati0n:
people are shit I can agree with that. If we weren't shit then America wouldn't be in a recession. There wouldn't be a war on terrorism. We'd all be smarter and not destroying our lives with drugs. We'd also be happily riding the choo choo express to heaven!!!!

p.s. the noise in the end credits was hilarious XD

It took me a second viewing to figure out he was garggling along with the generic metal.

My throat hurts by proxy.

Well never thought I would say this, but this one is just meeh. I mean, all he's doing is just swearing at some upcoming titles. That's all, heck lot's of it isn't even extremely witty. No I'll just wait untill he reviews the mentioned games (or at least some of em) more indepth. I like it when he attacks a game with valid points whilst making witty comments about it. This video lacked that for the most part, makes me a sad panda.

You know, I tried to find this funny but...

Basically all he did was reiterate things like "I hate Nintendo" and "Franchise titles are bad" (nevermind he has his own franchise of a sorts in his game dev experience), rip off a PA strip for his joke about Last Guardian (then again it was easy), and just generally say things we've already been hearing since E3 on this very site even.

Ah well, they can't all be winners.

I pretty much have to agree with everything said in this video. I, too, found E3 to be rather disappointing in general, with too many samey-same sequels and nothing very compelling for this year. All the best stuff is coming out in 2010.

Yahtzee is right. Everyone is shit.
Except me.
And Yahtzee.
And Neil Patrick Harris.
But in all seriousness, Yahtzee just summed up everything that's wrong about E3. It's just an advertising shitstorm. Once all the games come out, and I try all their demos, then we'll see if they're all as crappy as Yahtzee predicts. But I doubt they'll all be as good as their trailers suggest.

I'm just happy he didn't review prototype,though he's bound to.

Haha funny and true as usual. Most of the games mentioned I feel the same about, but then again our opinions don't count coz we are all shit :p

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here