There Will Be Brawl: Episode Six

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Mario needs to jump on and stomp someone in a future installment!

Woot can't wait 4 next episode

Awesome.

Great episode guys, really pushed the story along and is by far the funniest. Waluigi was hilarious "We should hug more". I don't know why but when Lakitu said gentelmen, I laughed. Isaac should have at least you know used Move to pin Samus against the wall though. But just the end of the news report had to be the funniest

okay i came here to ask what the hell is going on from 29 seconds - 38 seconds into this episode...when Samus is saying Luigi lets go and a few secs before that Rosalina is right there with them crying then after that runs out with them not to be seen again? What was that?

Aktrez:
A lot of people have mentioned Samus and how she got caught too easily so, I thought I would throw out MY reason for playing her how I did.

At this point, the whole world is against us. We are at a dead end. Luigi - who Samus obviously cares about - has just been dart'd and deku'd. We are all enemies of the city. What would be the smartest thing to do? Kill all of the people that the city believes are there to help and then try to convince them we are the good guys or head to the slammer to potentially save Luigi's life and have some time to think without being on the run.

Samus may be a tough bounty hunter but, she's also a pretty smart cookie. I feel as though she would know when to pick her battles.

Thoughts?

Indeed, getting into a fight with the police would be counter-productive to the cause. While they are willing to deal with the denizens of the underworld in order to try and save the Princess and the Kingdom, they will not go too far. Putting up too much of a fight against the police would not have saved Luigi, and would only have caused events to escalate. The shock of the brutality towards Luigi, whom Samus obviously cares for as you pointed out, could be a factor as well.

As far as the episode goes, I enjoyed it. Some people were complaining about the humor, but I appreciated it. As serious as it gets, it's aim is as a dark comedy. It's very well-written in the serious moments, but realistically, it can't be taken all seriously due to the characters involved. The humor did not overshadow anything in my opinion, and was similar to what attracted me to the series in the early episodes. It struck a good balance. A little less subtle than some of the more recent episodes, but still effective.

I only have two criticisms of the episode. The first is the action. As has been said by the others, they could use a bit of work. They're better than the one in Episode 4, but can be improved upon a bit. The one between Mario and DK was the best so far, and the others should take a few more ques from that one in terms of cutting and impact. The other is towards the acting of Matt Key as Luigi. He needs to be consistent on the accent. He uses it in the narration, but on-camera it's rarely present. He was so good about it in the early episodes, but now he uses it on very few lines, and it's becoming more of a problem. He needs to fix the slips, or not use it all, because it's a bit jarring once you notice it.

I look forward to the next installment, and more of Mario, who's a very strong character.

This entire series would pass as a decent videogame movie if it had a bigger budget...

This show is really just brilliant. I mean, the only thing I don't like is that they're about zero chance it can come out on DVD for me to purchase (since Nintendo, the law, and whatnot). But yeah. I anxiously await your next stroke of cinematic brilliance.

Ohhh, that was great.

Angry Yoshi-Attack-Dogs.
Lakitu throwing a Spiny.
Entering the pipe.
Too many awesome moments to list them all.

This show is by far the best on The Escapist now.
Too bad it takes so long to produce but the time and effort you guys put into it really show.

Aktrez:
A lot of people have mentioned Samus and how she got caught too easily so, I thought I would throw out MY reason for playing her how I did.

At this point, the whole world is against us. We are at a dead end. Luigi - who Samus obviously cares about - has just been dart'd and deku'd. We are all enemies of the city. What would be the smartest thing to do? Kill all of the people that the city believes are there to help and then try to convince them we are the good guys or head to the slammer to potentially save Luigi's life and have some time to think without being on the run.

Samus may be a tough bounty hunter but, she's also a pretty smart cookie. I feel as though she would know when to pick her battles.

Thoughts?

Samus is looking out for Luigi's well being so she got arrested to take care of him. I highly believe they may be in separate cells but I'm sure she can still look out for him if that be the case. I just hope that Link doesn't put Luigi in or anywhere near Kirby's cell. That's all I can say until the seventh episode is finished then aired.

Heh, one of the best so far I think. Mainly the ending section.

Acting - Getting paid to do daft stuff. Reason why I enjoy it myself. =D

That ending was hilarious. The rest of the episode was good too. Keep it up!

Excellent episode and an excellent show. The acting is damn good and the ideas for character traits and situations are fantastic. Can't wait for the next ep.

I loved it! Wouldnt it be wierd if the killer wasWallugi or a useless assist trophy?

I dont know how you write this but damn is it good! // Great Ep

-M

W00TZ!!!!!! Need MOAR! You guys ROXORZ MAH SOXORS!

Dr.Doctor:
Link is such a douche.

Now I can't play Twilight Princess without wanting to punch the screen.

I felt the same thing while listening Power, Wisdom, Courage by Powerglove. Made me so angry.

Aktrez:

Thoughts?

I figured Samus was allowing them to get caught so that they could get close to Telma to find out who Dedede was meeting with.

i think that it was the stuff that Olimar made for Ganendorf that is killing the dons. any one else thought that?

I'mjust becoming more and more eager to see what and who they'll do next time.

I wish I had gotten into this in a few months time instead of now, that way there would be more of it out to watch and and I wouldn't be sitting here wondering when the next one will be out now.

Watching this for a second time, what struck me was how the Underworld theme just started playing as soon as they jumped down the pipe. It really is the subtle attention to detail that makes this series great.

Just a fyi the list of characters yet to be seen are
Bowser, Toon Link and JIGS IT IS THE PUFF

Hahaha this one was quite hilarious and well acted too =)

Nope, i think its the pokemon trainer.

That ending scared me a little but this is a great series and i can not wait for the next episode.

why did the Pokemon trainer hide what was on his shoulder behind his back? Im starting to get a little paranoid, I mean I guess he could have killed mewtwo because mewtwo allowed those pokemon battles to go on, or something...but still I dont know. The killer is going to be hard to guess at, itll probably shock me once its revealed. Mr game and watch is pretty shady too, he seems to get around quite a bit, hes silent, ever present and since he seems to frequent or even work at most of the clubs etc he could easily score the kills. most other characters from brawl seem to be accounted for unless its an assist trophy -_-

i'm not impatient but isn't ep.7 coming coz u said 2nd friday of every month and 7 didn't come out last month

are u the actor of samus then? coz if u r my friend said your a lesbian coz u wear leather for some reason he says anyone that wheres leather is gay

Comment Removed

DON'T READ THIS COMMENT READ ONE BELOW THIS ONE DOESN'T HAVE FULL DETAIL

sorry for taking up so much space my friend just kept typing loadsof bullshit the only one thats true is the quote to aktrez

Ugh. Seriously, I had to make this stupid account to ask why is it that you guys say a new episode will come out every second Friday of each month but you fail to deliver?

You guys either don't have all the financial support you need to film or not enough time. Maybe there are more reasons why you guys are not delivering the episodes on time.

So I ask, why not revise the schedule and actually tell the community when there will be delays and what not. I say since you guys are having problems or whatever, put out a new episode every 2 months or something jeez. Come on, I'm freaking tired of waiting with no word from either the escapist or the creators of the series!

Step your damn game up people. Seriously!

ARRRRGH, Where is my episode #7.
BTW, It'sa always fucking BOWSER!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook