Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

It's really catchy. I've found myself watching it over and over again. She really needs to do more of these :)

There are some interesting and indepth posts about this song and it's imagery. In the end though what most people like is how it makes them feel. The haunting melody was particularly captivating.

Cool Video and nice music

Strange how that didnt really tell me anything about the game at all. But im guessing that, that wasnt the point?

so uh, its pretty much about how good she thinks she looks sitting on a chair with/without a guitar?

I thought it was interesting and new. It wasn't like anything I've ever seen before. Not bad at all.

Let's hear some more songs Rebecca!

Well, I for one thought that was awesome! I really liked it. Can't wait see whats next!

"you're eating muffins
and laughing
at Hank Bodaire"

best part.

That was... well.. different. Looking forward to see where this is going, so keep it up.

Great idea...
I am always up for stuff like this...

The thing is, that I hate the music and - no offence Mrs. Mayes - I don't like the overall style and funky, electronic blonde stench around it...

Like I said, the idea is great and I give you credit for that (lot of it), but the making is honestly bad...
Stuffing together strings in Garage Band ain't that hard and electronic music is the easiest music to produce (all Tekno freaks aim at me now!)...

Still it's a tough job du edit the vid and put it all together, credits for you...

Still, thanks for contribution and welcome...

I loved it. The singing was good and the visuals fit. Most video game based songs i've heard are mostly parodys or crappy raps, and I was impressed. It probably took considerable work and I look forward to another episode. It'll might take awhile but I can wait.

She is without a doubt one of the hottest singers I've seen so far.

Catchy song is catchy. *dances along*

Songs don't have to be funny and lyrics don't have to be intelligible, but she clearly isn't doing this thing for the sonic beauty of it / "art". It's a jokey video game song, and the whole thing's got captions so we don't miss the message. I get it, but it's just *not* very funny. And the beats are frickin' awful. Seriously, the chorus is drowned in hand-clappy. Hand-clappy is only good when used sparingly, for emphasis. The song *is* really repetitive, but yeah, I guess lots of other bad songs are too, so.. it's OK or something. Oh yeah, and my opinion and stuff.

She'll be OK with this shtick, though. She's a girl in a bedsheet with an acoustic guitar (which doesn't seem to be played in the song), makin' flirty faces for the lonely gamers, singing about muffins. She knows what she's doing. I'd rather she made better music, but I'd rather everyone made better music. If nerdy dudes eat this shit up, more power to her. I'm assuming she's getting paid for this, and that's more valuable in the long run than any kind of genuine respect.

If you like it, great. Liking things is great. Try not to kid yourself about why you like it, tho. Just sayin'.

Potential as a series, but you're off to a bad start. Remember that the bases of escapist are Gaming AND Comedy, so you need to make it a bit funnier in observations.

Wasn't sure at first, but it grew on me. Excellent stuff!

I don't know how to put this, but I'll try anyway.

From what I've seen, you have some potential in you, and the song was actually catchy at places, unfortunately, it didn't managed to pass as adequate in my view. >_<

You can improve so much more if you want to, the video just left me confuzzled really, I don't know what you were going for.

And anyway, some of the comments I saw left me a bit "eh".. people focusing on the looks instead of the real content.. Well yeah, I guess that's how the music industry works nowadays.

I do have tremendous hope for you. =)
Just keep on trying to improve. And try to find people who criticize you, adequately.

Sorry if I came out as too harsh >_<, best of hope to you.

You look like Taylor Swift.
The foreign accent's nice, but the crappy songwriting starts to bother one.

Edit:

On the other hand, you're clearly very musically talented.
You can sing and play the guitar, accordion, and (if I heard correctly) a harp (?).

WOW this is the funniest music vidio ever! I cant wait for the next video!

Dear God, this song is catchy. Dear God, I can't get it out of my head. Dear God, Dear God, its all I'll hear during work, Dear god... Dear god it's going to haunt me...

Fantastic song, well composed, and quite amusing. Hope to see more.

The song sorta brings to mind an article Seanbaby once did, where he played the role of Sadistic God and Social Experimenter.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/exploring-the-mysteries-of-the-mind-with-the-sims-3

Still, very catchy song.

something GOOD? on the interwebz? well youve come to the right place so...

WELCOME TO THE ESCAPIST! where intelligent people go to escape the idiots of the internet and beyond. keep up the good work and try to ignore the dark red stains on the carpet... :D

brilliant work!

Well, this is only good if you like her music.

Am I the only one seeing a desperate attempt by The Escapist to frantically shoehorn some eye-candy onto the site?

FleaJr:
Am I the only one seeing a desperate attempt by The Escapist to frantically shoehorn some eye-candy onto the site?

They've got Rick Berman and Brannon Braga's problem in that regard (go ahead, watch Voyager or Enterprise and tell me it wasn't about adding eye candy when the ratings sagged.)

1. the clip was it made so we could look at legs so we wouldn't notice the ... not so brilliant song?
2. if it was funny, it didn't sound funny.
3. if it was to be critical in some deep way, it didn't sound like that as well.

It was really good(that's my opinion, at least). Can you make the next song about Gears of War?

That was beautiful // I hope to hear many more off you in the future

Your on to a winner here escapist!

-M

Shoehorned-in eye candy has been a ST staple from the beginning, they can hardly be criticized for that

I liked it. As long as the style of music changes for each game then this could be quite a good series. I want a muffin now.

^Mimi:

From what I've seen, you have some potential in you, and the song was actually catchy at places, unfortunately, it didn't managed to pass as adequate in my view. >_<

You can improve so much more if you want to, the video just left me confuzzled really, I don't know what you were going for.

And anyway, some of the comments I saw left me a bit "eh".. people focusing on the looks instead of the real content.. Well yeah, I guess that's how the music industry works nowadays.

Just keep on trying to improve. And try to find people who criticize you, adequately.

You've got to understand, this isn't being pushed as 'Music' as such, this is marketed as entertainment, the proof of such being that the song is not available readily without the accompanying video.
In terms of The Escapist at least, this girl comes to us as a complete package, looks, music, editing etc. and as such should be reviewed on that basis, rather than just on musical 'potential'.

In my opinion, what is being pushed here above all else, is her looks, not her content.
It is this (for me) that makes her entirely forgettable, but will keep the punters clicking, generating more interest.

Just my one pence

FleaJr:

^Mimi:

You've got to understand, this isn't being pushed as 'Music' as such, this is marketed as entertainment, the proof of such being that the song is not available readily without the accompanying video.
In terms of The Escapist at least, this girl comes to us as a complete package, looks, music, editing etc. and as such should be reviewed on that basis, rather than just on musical 'potential'.

In my opinion, what is being pushed here above all else, is her looks, not her content.
It is this (for me) that makes her entirely forgettable, but will keep the punters clicking, generating more interest.

Just my one pence

I do agree with you, that all the parts make a whole.

But she reviews games by singing. The focus here is her voice, and that's supposedly the main attraction, the whole show, the whole spectacle. If she develops that she'll better enhance her show.

Her looks don't appeal to me either but I can see how they would towards the "punters". I'm just not easily amused. When I see something being used as a distraction for what could be the main talent/trait, I just see a mask, a fašade.

Since The Escapist is a business, then Rebecca will attract tons of new costumers. Not for what she should attract though. What I see here is that she found a new way to review games, singing them, yet this is mainly for entertainment, but what kind? Seeing it I was just confused, I watched it two times, the first one I wasn't expecting anything and let it naturally happen, and I didn't pick up nothing at all, the second time I was trying to laugh, and nothing happened at all.

I could still review it as a whole, but since her main trait is her voice, then if that isn't adequate then the whole picture is roughly brought down, unfortunately.

I guess I just hope she would make the best of her talent instead of just relying on her looks to keep the "punters" at bay...

Totally loved it and can't wait to see the next one :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here