Escapist News Network: Uber HD

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Better than Gaming Ordinators National Association of Developing Systems

Am I the only one who think this weeks video was a minor step-back from last week?

Chuckled at some parts, but nothing more. Pretty meh, hoping it gets better

That was great like always, keep it up! :D

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Caliban1972:

littlerudi08107:
I really wish the anchors would drop the stupid off-air skits. THEY ARN'T FUNNY!!!!

Are too!

Are not!

I will state my opinion that the off-air skits are excellent. Did you not catch the Fresh Prince reference last week? Great episode, BTW, bubble boy made me laugh.

Are you kidding me? Fresh Prince references? That's like Rickrolling, It stopped being funny a long time ago.

Then obviously I have not been spending time on the Internet as much as I thought, I never run into those, nor have I ever been RickRolled. Apparently, I'm a bit behind on what the majority thinks funny these days, other than using Kanye's interruption for every possible situation, but let's just leave it at that I lack previous cases to refer to, and you don't care for off-topic humor. I can lose an argument and not care, can you win it the same way?

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Caliban1972:

littlerudi08107:
I really wish the anchors would drop the stupid off-air skits. THEY ARN'T FUNNY!!!!

Are too!

Are not!

I will state my opinion that the off-air skits are excellent. Did you not catch the Fresh Prince reference last week? Great episode, BTW, bubble boy made me laugh.

Are you kidding me? Fresh Prince references? That's like Rickrolling, It stopped being funny a long time ago.

Then obviously I have not been spending time on the Internet as much as I thought, I never run into those, nor have I ever been RickRolled. Apparently, I'm a bit behind on what the majority thinks funny these days, other than using Kanye's interruption for every possible situation, but let's just leave it at that I lack previous cases to refer to, and you don't care for off-topic humor. I can lose an argument and not care, can you win it the same way?

Oh god, you do Kanye West too? What's next? You gonna do some balloon boy jokes?

littlerudi08107:

Archimedes88:

littlerudi08107:

I disagree completely, this is just what the show needs to continue doing, maybe even have the news anchors bounce comments off each other more! The whole thing would be too dry cut and clinical otherwise.

Was great to see Paul had a very funny part this week, i hope GearGasm becomes a regular feature! Good job to all involved.

The whole point of this show is being dry. It's just like the website The Onion. It broadcasts fake news stories as if they were real. That's the gist of the show. These skits are irrelevant and just plain stupid.

Wow you're fervidly against this arn't you! Personally i think it adds alot of humanity to the comedy. I agree with what you're saying about the scetches needing to be dry, to accurately mimic the news format (and thus make the deliveries more funny), and i myself love dry humour. However even in real life you have news anchors bouncing off people a little bit, have you never seen live interviews that go appallingly wrong?

Often you will only see one news reader delivering, but when there are two, they can be seen chatting into, and out of the show. People may oftern wonder as to what this is about, and Graham and Kathleen are simply taking this and making it humourous by actually allowing you to hear the dialogue. Anyway, it's a shame you don't like it, it adds a little more flavour to the comedy by my books.

Besides if it's really agitating you that much you could always pause it, allow it to buffer and then skip it! : )

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Caliban1972:

littlerudi08107:

Are too!

Are not!

Oh god, you do Kanye West too? What's next? You gonna do some balloon boy jokes?

I smell a troll... Don't repeatedly post in a video's thread if you dislike the video and anything else people are talking about.

Fwee Commander Keen!

And shouldn't Paul-Mii be sans beard by now? Or are we maintaining historical accuracy here? Does Paul-Mii hate sick children?!

The reference to bubble bobble was awesome.

Archimedes88:

littlerudi08107:

Archimedes88:

littlerudi08107:

I disagree completely, this is just what the show needs to continue doing, maybe even have the news anchors bounce comments off each other more! The whole thing would be too dry cut and clinical otherwise.

Was great to see Paul had a very funny part this week, i hope GearGasm becomes a regular feature! Good job to all involved.

The whole point of this show is being dry. It's just like the website The Onion. It broadcasts fake news stories as if they were real. That's the gist of the show. These skits are irrelevant and just plain stupid.

Wow you're fervidly against this arn't you! Personally i think it adds alot of humanity to the comedy. I agree with what you're saying about the scetches needing to be dry, to accurately mimic the news format (and thus make the deliveries more funny), and i myself love dry humour. However even in real life you have news anchors bouncing off people a little bit, have you never seen live interviews that go appallingly wrong?

Often you will only see one news reader delivering, but when there are two, they can be seen chatting into, and out of the show. People may oftern wonder as to what this is about, and Graham and Kathleen are simply taking this and making it humourous by actually allowing you to hear the dialogue. Anyway, it's a shame you don't like it, it adds a little more flavour to the comedy by my books.

Besides if it's really agitating you that much you could always pause it, allow it to buffer and then skip it! : )

Yes, Anchors chattering with eachother is more realistic. But just because something is realistic that doesn't make it good. Often times when news anchors have casual conversation on television it's always about boring shit that no one watching the show gives a fuck about. "What are you doing this weekend?" is one such example of inane banter between anchors that I hear a lot. It doesn't make it interesting, It's boring. Also the material which they use for their jokes is just not funny. Fresh Prince references, A white girl talking like a fake gangsta, discussing strategies for a fictional zombie apocalypse, this is supposed to be funny? Has humor been lowered to that of a highschool study hall? I'm not against skits, but the material they're working with just plain sucks, especially in comparison to their fake news stories which are very smart and witty.

sln333:

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Taco of flames:

littlerudi08107:

Caliban1972:

littlerudi08107:

Are too!

Are not!

I smell a troll... Don't repeatedly post in a video's thread if you dislike the video and anything else people are talking about.

You don't like it because you know what I'm saying is right.

littlerudi08107:
TLDR... in comparison to their fake news stories which are very smart and witty.

You keep saying fake news. It's all real news, just with a joke added to take it to the next level. Ok, you don't find the closing anchor comments funny. Sure! Ok! Good! There are lots of things I don't find funny (dead baby jokes) and lots of things I love but others don't (Achewood comics). However, just remember that it's different strokes for different folks, and leave people alone about it.

Vivid description of giant boobs..."drools"

And I for once welcome new Uber HD technology and have already preordered a completely random game in order to try this new and innovative technology.

... And the game happens to be from Japan... And feature almost naked women with exceptionally large and perfectly rendered breasts... What? Was a coincidence...

Needs moar pixels!

Well Grahams zombie plan falls short. Say there are zombies in the mall, how would he clear them out?

Just wondering but who's the guy that was the "Uber HD" spokesman?

Utter. Shite.

Great episode. I'm still laughing at that "pick a random game" bit! Paul's expressions were so hilarious.

R. I. P., Captain Lou. There will be a moment of silence. And of doing the Mario.

Also, seeing Weird Al songs coming dangerously close to reality is oddly disconcerting...

dalek sec:

That would be me (Dale Friesen). I'm a friend of the ENN creators and a local actor. How's it going, eh?

tbug:

dalek sec:

That would be me (Dale Friesen). I'm a friend of the ENN creators and a local actor. How's it going, eh?

Ah well thanks for answering my question and nice to meet you.

hahaha Uber HD. Brilliant as per usual

One retaliation to Uber HD - Now imaginane playing Silent Hill on that.

I might naw i wouldnt nevermind.. Not worth it.. But anyways nice reference to balloon boy ahah!

Immortal FTW. If you know, you saw them in this video

This leaves me with only one question..Is NORMAL HD that good?

Moar Pixels = moar goodness

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or