Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Anyone know the approximate file sizes for these movies? I'm speed capped atm, and after 20 mins of waiting, I still haven't gotten past the black box with the loading circle. I'd like to work out an estimate of how much more time it's gonna be before I can actually watch this.

Due to my large avoidance of Mario games, I really started to love Luigi after Super Paper Mario. He seemed witty and charming as opposed to Mario, whose only source of communication is a variety of squeaks and grunts similar to that of a lobotomy patient.

Alex_Mexico:
Yes, Super Mario RPG is truly awesome. I still hope for a sequel made by Square.

Also, I demand your Uncharted 2 review ASAP. I clearly remember you bashing on Uncharted 1 and Im very curious how the vastly superior sequel fared with you.

If I remember correctly he actually liked it despite its pretty awful length and he blamed it for being racist.

I'd also like to see an Uncharted 2 review though.

Yep, luigi was always the best, now I have some backing!

I don't subscribe to the notion of "JRPGs" and "Western RPGS" (a term that came into being just right after FFVII grew in popularity and invited all of those anime-dorks who watch Neon Genesis Evangelion into the videogaming world, not to mention most subsequent titles became influenced by that character designer Tetsuya Nomura and his fondness for belts, buckles, zippers, and emo characters), but I do agree there should be more games like the ones Intelligent Systems/Brownie Brown makes (lighthearted), or like the very hard dungeon crawlers Atlus dishes out every now and then (the ones where you have one life and everything is trying to kill you).

That said, if anything, they should make more Diablo/Secret-of-Mana-likes.

The Mario RPG's have always been great, though Super Paper Mario was slightly boloxed up.

Did YOU eat a magic mushroom this week?

Yahtzee was very right about the observation that games when we were kids were so much harder! I have also noticed most games today are for the most part pretty easy. As for turning up difficulty with options, I don't know what games actually challenge you rather than just make things seem like the computer cheats.

normalguycap:
Yahtzee was very right about the observation that games when we were kids were so much harder! I have also noticed most games today are for the most part pretty easy. As for turning up difficulty with options, I don't know what games actually challenge you rather than just make things seem like the computer cheats.

Yeah, but then again as was also pointed out by Yahtzee in other reviews early games were based off of the Arcade model which was designed to kill us fast to make us go through our quarters like mad.

normalguycap:
Yahtzee was very right about the observation that games when we were kids were so much harder! I have also noticed most games today are for the most part pretty easy.

Demon's Souls is pretty hard. Persona PSP is hellishly difficult, though admittedly a rebalanced port of an older game. Both Persons 3&4 present a challenge on Normal and are very hard on Hard. Devil May Cry 3. Mega Man 9. Disgaea. God Hand. Sin & Punishment 2 is coming out soon and is Treasure hard. I could list more, but I'm lazy and I think you get the point. Just because you don't notice them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Honestly Yahtzee's also said that he sees the school system's telling everyone "They're special" is what's causing lots of problems, whereas during Guitar Hero 5/Rock Band Beatles review he said that the games enforce the fact that we're shit and can only imitate the celebrities we've placed on pedestals.

Really he does whatever's funny for the week - just roll with it.

So any Demon's Souls anytime soon? I really want to see Yahtzee's opinion on that one

Hahaha that was hands down the funniest Zero Punctuation I have ever seen...
The sphincter game had me alternating between rolling on the floor in tears and vomiting what is left of my late night meal into the nearest trash can

I think that may be the best yet. Nice work Ben!

Screw Brutal Legend... he showed he was playing Evil Genius like 3 months ago... how about a nice retro review instead hmmmm ?

Did anyone else besides me think "why isn't he reviewing Uncharted 2" when they saw the title of the review? Cause I sure as hell didn't....

Garaw:
Yeah, eviscerating a Mario game seems like a little too easy of a target. Yahtzee's at his best when he's showing pompous or oddly popular games to be emperors with no clothes on, not when he's kicking retarded dogs.

Well said.

that was bloody brilliant. havent laughed that hard in a while xD

long live yahtzee

Loved the bit about hating children, twas the moment that made me laugh the hardest in your latest offering

RaiZ-R:
Tails was better than Sonic. I agree.

Until they gave him a voice and reduced him to driving crappy mechs and airplanes.

I keep wishing he had reviewed Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon, which I am always thankful I did not buy. After renting it however, I cannot escape the feeling that the colossal failure of Big Willy Unleashed and never hearing much about the game hopefully leading to poor sales wasn't punishment enough for essentially re-releasing Destroy All Humans 2 (which, when it was new, was pretty good) with new areas, a few new weapons and abilities that were often too specific in their use to be fun for long, and with jokes that were much worse than the previous ones. The only real improvement I remember were the saucer controls and weapons (not to mention the ridiculously superpowered abduction beam), and the only memorable sequence I remember enjoying was Pox's critique of the various styles of art contained in the Louvre as you vaporized it. It would be fun to see Yahtzee tear it apart. Then again, it's pretty old now and it probably isn't as frustrating if you don't play the first 2 games (Big Willy Unleashed doesn't count, the only good things it had were the zombie gun which got ruined by horrible controls and gratuitously repeated accidental double entendres which got old after the first level). Oh well.

Fun review as always.

tails can only fly for a short time, andd slowly...

speed over flight.

Oh my...the bit about the hating of kids made me laaaaaaaaaaaguh.

OH how it made me laugh.

Good stuff. :D

I wonder why Yahtzee never reviews PSP (exclusive) games? great video though. Although I haven't played a Mario RPG since Super Mario brothers. maybe it's time to break my unwritten self-enforced ban.

ssgt splatter:

epsilon246:

ssgt splatter:
I was kinda hoping for Brutal Legend but oh well. It was still funny though.

see above post, read pages before posting. that is all.

What?
What's your problem?
What did I do that made you feel that you had to tell me how to do something?

Because i explained that that video was coming next week in a previous post. It's good to get the feal for a thread before posting, so as to avoid redundant comments.

epsilon246:

ssgt splatter:

epsilon246:

ssgt splatter:

What?
What's your problem?

Because i explained that that video was coming next week in a previous post. It's good to get the feal for a thread before posting, so as to avoid redundant comments.

Well, that wasn't in the first 35 comments. I don't read every comment especially when the post count is over 50 by the time I see the movie.

Next time, be a little bit more considerate, especially since you are new here.

GO mister Lime green, I liked luigi better than mario too, cus he could jump higher, shame his shoes seemed to be covered in Anal lube.

ssgt splatter:

epsilon246:

ssgt splatter:

epsilon246:

ssgt splatter:

What?
What's your problem?

Well, that wasn't in the first 35 comments. I don't read every comment especially when the post count is over 50 by the time I see the movie.

Next time, be a little bit more considerate, especially since you are new here.

Dude my post is just above yours, and me being new has noting to do with it. btw if you read extra punctuation you woulda known that, handy hint.

mafyapenguin94:
Hahaha that was hands down the funniest Zero Punctuation I have ever seen...
The sphincter game had me alternating between rolling on the floor in tears and vomiting what is left of my late night meal into the nearest trash can

What the f*&k? You're that entertained by a poop joke? You need some help sir.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Watch Video

The hating children bit was unnerving for me. Especially when the animation showed Yahtzee shooting one in the face with a revolver. What's most disquieting though, is the number of people that can't get enough of that sort of thing.

Thank you YZ for bringing up the point from the older games, they used to be so fucking unforgiving.

Your voice gets really deep when you talk sometimes!

Odd, I had an older brother yet it was totally opposite for me. I was the Mario fan and he the luigi

I really hate spiders so I really fucking wish Yahtzee would stop showing them in his reviews.

Great video you must like poo!
i really think you need to hook up with the group "the streets" and make a song

Enjoyed the opening bit about second banana characters. I feel like that as well. However, I might point out that all through the ZP series, Mario is only mentioned with disdain and hate. This episode seemed too easy on the fellow at least by ZP standards. I'm surprised this game didn't get the normal brutal Yahtzee treatment. But then, what surprises anyone anymore. If a man can open fire with a sniper rifle on civilians in Washington dc, than Yahtzee can say he likes a game. Besides, this response is just bullshit anyway. Cheers Yahtzee another episode well done.

epsilon246:

624:
I thought he was reviewing ODST. Its a shame how he judges halo on the 2 worst games in the series.

He said he wouldn't review it in extra punctuation, seriously you should read it so you avoid redundant comments like this.

Which one? I read most of them...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or