There Will Be Brawl: Mushroom Kingdom News

Pages PREV 1 2

yosophat:
why is Kirby the "corral cannibal" A cannibal eats his own kind according to Kirby lore he is the only one around.

Why do you think that is?

So we all know the Pokemon trainer is the killer, right?

I was more than ready to rant and rave about the lack of an actual episode...

Then the bit at the end came up. Very nice, and great reference.

Nice O´Reiley reference

I can't seem to get the video to play, just a black screen and the loading circle where the video should play.

Chipperz:

Distorted Stu:
I just watched the new TWBB. I cant say i ever liked them, and this was no exception. Do i have to be a fanboy of nintendo or a fan or Smash brothers to enjoy this fully?

I like it, but I'm a fan of film noir-style detective thrillers, not Nintendo, so I like it for a whole different reason from most of the people here.

This is something I've wondered about as well. The only Nintendo I've ever owned was the SNES and I didn't have any Mario or Metroid games for it (yes; I was probably deprived). Whilst there's funny bits in here I think most of the jokes - if they do exist - are going right over my head. As for this one, I'm going to guess that the Bill O'Reilly joke would only be funny if you lived in the States.

So yeah; a Scotsman who never really 'got' Nintendo. I'm guessing that I'm not the show's target demographic.

Oh, and after leaving us hanging for, like, a month this really isn't that great. Would it not have been better to spend the time finishing off the next episode so you could have aired that early? This really didn't seem to have much point to the story.

"FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!"

haha, I say this out loud to myself most days.

yosophat:
why is Kirby the "corral cannibal" A cannibal eats his own kind according to Kirby lore he is the only one around.

metaknight is 'A kirby'

headshotcatcher:

Anyway this is kind of a lackluster episode, considering the long hiatus

Its not a full episode, that comes out friday. This is more of a preview, to get us thinking i suppose.

It's a good thing you announced a new episode next week or you may have had a riot on your hands after we had to wait this long for Brawlie goodness and didn't get any goodness but a 'filler' episode. :( Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Thank god, we thought it was dead for a second there. It's a pretty damn good series.

Bill O'Reily is never going to live that temper-tantrum down, is he?

The Bill O'Reilly impersonation was great.

Cant wait for tommorow

You'd think the deaths of Saki and Isaac would have gotten mention.

Awesome to have you back guys!

Distorted Stu:
I just watched the new TWBB. I cant say i ever liked them, and this was no exception. Do i have to be a fanboy of nintendo or a fan or Smash brothers to enjoy this fully?

Of course. The entire series has SO MANY references and inside jokes it's incredible. If you don't really know Nintendo games too well, you're missing out on the entire experience. Just knowing about Super Smash Bros. is not enough.

Heck, I never even knew who Paulina was! These guys go deep into Nintendo history.

Back on topic, the Bill O Reilly impression had me chuckling. Other than that, great work and an okay tease to next episode, but as always, it can't come out soon enough.

If this show were more regular it would be my favorite thing on the Escapist, however it will have to stay as second below Apocolypse Lane and above Doomsday Arcade. I do really appreciate how well done all of the episodes are, so I really don't mind too much. It just means that I gets REALLY REALLY happy once a month.

Big fan, keep up the awesome work, and I can't wait to see how everything gets tied up.

I've been waiting to hear something and it's great to get a release date. Can't wait!

I wanna know who the killer is, pokemon trainer with a couplle of pokemon might do it... link's got a sword... but to do it that quickly... ow my brain.

Its the Ice Climbers. Link said Dedede was killed by being hit in the back of the head. They carry those huge mallets and are also very crazy it seems.

Or it could be Wario using them to try to take over in place of the other big villains.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing the series isn't dead yet! Yay!

Ah, it's good to see an update for this series.

And ofcourse, always poking fun at Bill....can't miss with that one.

Fallenangel157:
what if it was the news anchor that was doing the murders.....hmmm makes you think

not quite...

What would Mario dress up as for holloween?? Frog suit; Raccoon suit; maybe a Parranah Plant?

I was waiting for new of There Will Be Brawl!
I check the Escapist a few times a week, and I noted that it had been some time waiting...
I was worried you'd dropped it!
But I'm Glad to see the new one will be out soon. Can't wait!

yosophat:

You just walked right into that one, didn't ya? ;)

With the Mewsuit, how did the tailor account for that rear neck tube thing? Must have been a unique challenge...

Great stuff. I laughed really hard at the end... it never gets old.

Lakitu O' Reilly. Nice one :)

Lakitu is great but I want to see more Hammer Bro.

Also, Mario should get his cape/raccoon/tanooki/frog =) Oh and, you could actually get a Hammer Bros shell and hammers in SMB3, they were the rareist finds out there, I think only 2 in the game.

I don't know why the last news he talked about Tanooki, its flight capabilities were not any better than the leaf/racoon. Actually the Pwing would be the worst threat since the Pwing is an eternal raccoon tail that allows auto flight and no running requires like with the leaf or tanooki suit.

The hammer bros thing gave you the protective casing of the helmet goombas that bump around like koopa shells, they replace goombas when you beat SMB the first time around.

Basically since the series is done obviously if they don't show up then they don't, but great stuff sometimes gets sequels... in which case, Mallow and Geno please =)

That parody of Bill O'Reilly rocked, glad that Stewart and Colbert made fun of that.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here