Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

So it's basically like the Transformers movies?
Where you can enjoy it for a few hours and leave your brain outside, but doesn't offer anything new to cinema or it's own franchise?
If that's the case then I'm cool with it, because I just want to have fun with bells and whistles for a hour or so. That's the purpose of games, right? To have fun?

Yahtzee, I'm glad that you and me seem to be the only people in the world not proclaiming this a masterpiece.

Holy shnikies.

He really ripped this game a new one, didn't he? So many extremely positive reviews from people like Susan Arendt. Guess that means you can't listen to a bloody word she says, eh? >.> Just kidding.

Really, though, I'd have thought Yahtzee wouldn't have given this game the shaft. Silly me.

Hahah, loved the 'this game is racist'-jokes from this review (and the previous uncharted game as well ofcourse)

People who hear the review and then decide to buy it- you stupid stupid people. Yahtzee takes the bad points (like the cover system and racial killings although I never had a problem with the platforiming) and makes them funny. He did compliment the graphics which was great but the humour comes from the bad points, listing every good bit would be dull. Seriously, this game has some minor flaws but it's very good. On GameRankings, while it is behind GTA4 and Oricana of Time it's above COD4, Half Life 2 and Fallout 3 (I think). It's a great game.

Ok, rant over.

Y'know... when I borrowed this game off a friend I was playing it constantly for five hours, and enjoying it, but it was nicely summed up in the video - It's kind of like rice; it fills you up for a bit, but you go out looking for a big juicy burger a couple of hours later...

I must have enjoyed it to keep playing it - but I couldn't tell you why!

This is possibly the first time where no one in the first 10 posts has been put on probation or banned, good show.

On the BBC 'More Doctor Who' joke...
But we love it so~~
Seriously, we're so far on now that not going through all 13 regenerations would be a cop out.
Also, the new series is written my Steven Moffat. You can't go wrong with that man, he is too much of a genius.

Back on topic, I never played Uncharted (mostly because I don't own a PS3) but I can safely assume this will urge me towards it's kind as much as the last one did <3

Very good vid, feels nice to be back doesn´t it? Home sweet home...

Hmm... well, this certainly made me rethink how I felt about about this game series. And then I said 'fuck it' and went back to being glad I didn't buy them.

Great review, Yahtzee. And hey; Modern Warfare 2 soon?

Piecewise:
I hope he reviews borderlands sometime soon, or at all.

Agreed. That would be awesome. This video was hilarious, but I always laugh more when its a game I've been playing.

TheSeventhLoneWolf:
Quite disapointing really, i guess i shouldn't expect certain things for him to be reviewing, he doesn't like walls though, which was quite funny.

Would have to agree, I'm still waiting for him to trash Halo ODST, he seems to be at his best when Halo is at it's worst, but, all in all it was an enjoyable review. From the dragon age cover that popped in towards the end, I hope it means he'll be reviewing it next week or the week after.

another reason to wait for a game till yahtzee review it: the escapist's review said it was just shy of pretty good and yahtzee says no, not so much

Just as I thought - a popcorn game, like its predecessor. Looks like this will be my next weekend rental.

Another excellent review there Yahtzee. I never really understood all the hype for this game honestly.

Piecewise:
I hope he reviews borderlands sometime soon, or at all.

I also wonder if he's heard of or plays dwarf fortress, since it seems like the type of thing he'd really like.

i think Dragon Age will come b4 that xP..
since it is a Better RPG/Game xP..

Hardcore_gamer:
Odd, i thought this was suppose to be like the game of year or something, does he hate every major mainstream tittle?

Hate is probably the wrong word here, because in the GameX chat, he claimed to be having a lot of fun with it.

I'm perplexed, I thought it would be one of those games that he says positive stuff about. Either way, he's certainly right that it's one of those games that you forget about, because for the most part, I've forgotten about it!

I'd like to know more about this potato.

Windowlicker:
Good review although I would had liked to hear him talk about the Muti Player

I dont think he ever actually plays on the multiplayer, except on Little Big Planet,but thats like 50% of the gameplay.

OT: Good review as always! I cant wait for the Dragon Age: Origins review!

A lot of buggers that managed to watch the entire review in one minute. . .

OT: Nice review finally a standpoint that isnt buttlicking the game, you can always count on Yahtzee to tell you what's bloody annoying!

What is it with games these days and Sticky Cover, or walls in general? Did gaming ONLY just discover the concept of "taking cover" and decided that the average player is too thick to do it himself?

Seriously, I can make do in COD games, why the hell do I need a mechanic to do it for me? WHY ELSE WOULD I USE THE DUCK BUTTON?!?!

Good review, as usual, Zeepee

Alex909:
People who hear the review and then decide to buy it- you stupid stupid people. Yahtzee takes the bad points (like the cover system and racial killings although I never had a problem with the platforiming) and makes them funny. He did compliment the graphics which was great but the humour comes from the bad points, listing every good bit would be dull. Seriously, this game has some minor flaws but it's very good. On GameRankings, while it is behind GTA4 and Oricana of Time it's above COD4, Half Life 2 and Fallout 3 (I think). It's a great game.

Ok, rant over.

Agreed. He deos this for funny. Nothing else

I wasn't intending to get the game anyways, but it's a fun and interesting to hear an opinion other than "OMG Lucas, you gotta' play it!"

I'm just not one for any console shooters. And my choice of PCs are netbook, dinosaur, repair-shop, and virusy-adoholic so-

It'll be interesting to hear about how his relationship with walls goes during the third game. Maybe he leaves them for a few years, and finds out he has a wall child, and they go to South America, and get raped by an inter-dimensional alien plotline.

Hm, who'd pay to watch play that?

nice review...looks like dragon age: origins next week, then hopefully MW2 and Ac2 after that

Still can't forgive the Racial Card Yahtzee keeps pulling in regards to this series. He conveniently forgets the very American Commando's you fight your way through in the second half of the first game.

pimppeter2:
I still liked the game much. I think it will be GOTY. If only Dragon Age hadn't shitted itself a little with its graphics, because then it would win.

(For the record, I personally do not care about Graphics but I'm just saying what I believe will be the excuse they do not give DA:O the GOTY)

Anyway, I think this is the first time I've been on the front page on a ZP review

Huzzah for me

The aforementioned self-shitting graphics are apparently a symptom of consol-itis. Perhaps a healthy dose of mousekeyboardilin could help this problem? I'm not a doctor, but I have played one in videogames

ARKSgtAlpha:
another reason to wait for a game till yahtzee review it: the escapist's review said it was just shy of pretty good and yahtzee says no, not so much

Personally I trust Susan Arendt's opinion of a game far more than Yahtzee's, seeing as she seems to give an honest opinion of games that isn't fueled by a fan expectation of assheaded smarminess and all the journalistic integrity of an Air Farce Sketch*.

*That is to say Yahtzee is a COMEDIAN, his goal is to be FUNNY not actually present a balanced appraisal of the game. Essentially, it is more in Yahtzee's best interests to BAD MOUTH a game for all of you fawning sycophants.

I seem to remember that he mentioned two wisecracking Nathan Drakes is his new personal vision of hell

That was quite a forced bashing, and felt like it too. Yeah, it's a pop corn game in the same sense that Aliens is a pop corn action movie, but they are both classics in their own field. This game is the most fun ride I've had with an action game since...well, I can't even remember, and it does deserve all the praise it's getting in my opinion.

So DA: origins next week?
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

I doubt it, good isn't funny.

Funny but a bit predictable in places. Being told the game borrows from Tomb Raider and has lots of ledges, since of which aren't really ledges but look like it, is a bit redundant. So also is pointing out that a game that borrows from Gears of War has messed up the cover system. It is interesting he points out Dragon Age as being "something that matters." Granted, I liked the game too.

Pretty spot on in my opinion. Not a bad game, but definitely not groundbreaking in any way and easily forgettable. I especially 2nd his comment about laughing when you die NOT enhancing the game in a positive way!

first!!!! lol jk. i think he is going to review dragon age next. i can only hope anyway.

Carnagath:
That was quite a forced bashing, and felt like it too. Yeah, it's a pop corn game in the same sense that Aliens is a pop corn action movie, but they are both classics in their own field. This game is the most fun ride I've had with an action game since...well, I can't even remember, and it does deserve all the praise it's getting in my opinion.

Aliens is a popcorn movie? I'm not saying it's a modern Citizen Kane, but I think it's not fair to compare the two because Aliens gave us stuff that we hadn't really seen much before (don't forget Alien/Aliens came out in 1979/1986.) U2 is basically Tomb Raider combined with Gears of War, just with more annoying ledge recognition and less refined combat mechanics.

While I was going to comment on the fact that, in affiliating yourself with the folks looking down their noses at Yahtzee's fans, you are still joining a 'like-minded' crowd, albeit a smaller one... I think I'll let it go.

I knew this was going to be a hit when I saw the still with Hasselhoff's mug on the U2 box.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here