Review: The Saboteur

Pages PREV 1 2

It may be another open world game but I'm still gonna have to check it out.
I also approve of "stonking great tits"
AS SHOULD YOU ALL
*pose*

I enjoyed this review, (and the game). But that was a serious censorship fail.

I ruddy love this game. Absolutely love it. I can't put my finger on exactly what I like it so much, apart from to say that where so many games recently have felt almost like...work, this game is just fun. Loads, and loads of fun.

In terms of the criticism as far as acting goes, I think people are missing the (obvious, I thought) point that it's SUPPOSED to be cheesy. Cheesy and funny.

I mean, Nazi to a beautiful French woman "You vill develop a taste for fine German brut-wurst..." for God's sake! It's cheesy comedy genius!

I would definitely urge anybody who was interested in this game until reading one of the lukewarm reviews to at least try/rent it. It's fab. Cheesy, fun, fab.

I'll get this, Zelda:ST, and maybe AC2 with my christmas money this since there's very little out this year for december.

AdamI:
I ruddy love this game. Absolutely love it. I can't put my finger on exactly what I like it so much, apart from to say that where so many games recently have felt almost like...work, this game is just fun. Loads, and loads of fun.

In terms of the criticism as far as acting goes, I think people are missing the (obvious, I thought) point that it's SUPPOSED to be cheesy. Cheesy and funny.

I mean, Nazi to a beautiful French woman "You vill develop a taste for fine German brut-wurst..." for God's sake! It's cheesy comedy genius!

I would definitely urge anybody who was interested in this game until reading one of the lukewarm reviews to at least try/rent it. It's fab. Cheesy, fun, fab.

Sorry, have a hard time believing that's true of a game where

If the game is aiming for a campy vibe, it's utterly missing the mark. But like I said, bad acting aside, if you enjoy sandbox games, you'll more than likely have fun with The Saboteur.

One thing i disagree about this review are the graphics, which look badly dated as if the game came out in 2005 or is a 5 minute effort port job from a console.

Susan Arendt:
If the game is aiming for a campy vibe, it's utterly missing the mark. But like I said, bad acting aside, if you enjoy sandbox games, you'll more than likely have fun with The Saboteur.

I don't follow - campy/cheesy and violence has a long history. Starwars, Raiders of the Lost Ark (highly pertinent here) to name two really obvious examples, any number of WWII movies from 1940 to 1980 and beyond, millions of pulp-fiction paper-backs...

The spoiler you mention is hugely campy, ALSO violent.

Maybe the script doesn't translate well to American English? From this side of the Atlantic, the script and story seem like a highly traditional, highly entertaining continuation of campy/cheesy action/subterfuge movies and novels (and now games).

I'm flabbergasted given the archness of the script, that a person could believe it to be delivered in earnest. As I say, perhaps it's simply a transatlantic thing.

Controls are fine on PC and as for the voice acting? What the? it was fine.

Can't be bothered reading the actual review chances are it's just as retarded.

Stealth kill neck breaking? Throwing Nazis out of 20 story guard towers? Yes please! Simple man I am I've been enjoying the hell out of this game so far. The only problem I've encountered is that I can't seem to get any missions done due to the fact that, like a moth to the flame, I am compelled to stop every time I see something blow up-able and do just that. This however usually results in my running from the Nazis into a new area surrounded by more things to blow up. I don't care that Sean is a spuds and Guinness stage-Irish stereotype he's badass and looks damn good in his scallycap.

matumba:
I can't seem to get any missions done due to the fact that, like a moth to the flame, I am compelled to stop every time I see something blow up-able and do just that.

Yeah, this.

Blowing stuff up rather than mission completion (and there are some really, really fun/stupid missions) just isn't getting old.

I will,
I will enjoy the stonking great tits.

also, what platforms did this come to?

game looks decent.. but the shooting looks awkward...
or did you just capture some epic fails?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here