Game Dogs: Behind the Scenes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

hamster mk 4:

Sorry. The video reminded me of all the "making of videos" for big name animated movies where the famous voice people get all the screen time, and the people who draw the characters are largely ignored. I felt like ranting. Still not a fan of the video, but I spoke without full knowledge of the situation and I apologies.

No harm done. Shame you didn't like this one. It was just a confusing statement, and I felt some clarification was needed for the sake of the thread.

Still not funny.
the format isn't what makes a show good it's the actual humor,
which it is lacking.

I enjoyed this more than the pilot...not sure what that says about this or the pilot.

Sorry but I'm still not finding it funny, but I'll hang around a little longer to see if it pick up.

It might just be my developing cold talking... but this was actually pretty funny XD

anyone else think the guy on the right looks like paul?

dude it would be awesome if Auto-Tune Gary's voice for at least one episode

Susan Arendt:

Pyode:

Archemetis:
You're really trying to make people like this aren't you?

Yea. You know you have a problem when after only one trailer and one pilot you already have two entire videos devoted to rebutting all of the negative criticism.

Here's the thing...there are many ways to deal with criticism: ignore it, attack it, try to reason with it, and so forth. We decided to have fun with it and be silly. Thus, you get Game Dog puppets and Jon Etheridge impressions.

Not saying anything about the current episode itself right now. I think it might be best to ignore the criticism. For now atleast, seeing as how this show is still extremely young. Show the audience what your show is made of first. Then win over the remaining negative nancies with humorous responses. That's the way I've always handled such scenarios, and it worked out great in the end.

In regards to that advice... I'm not the one in charge here, and we all have different ideas of how the way things should or could be handled. So take it or leave it, lol.

I must say though, (now speaking of the episode! wee!)you have a really unique way of handling critics. I would have never thought that being completely random (to that extent anyway) was an option in that department.

Maybe I just don't share the same sense of humor that you guys do, but I'm still not won over by this cartoon yet. Not saying that you've lost my attention of course... Here's to hoping that I'll be on the floor in stitches this upcoming Thursday!

Aye Crumba! Are people really complaining this much on a show that they get to watch for free? Damn guys, I understand not liking a show because you don't find it very funny, but give these guys a break. They've been working on this show for who knows how long just to entertain some people on the web. If it really bothers you that much, watch something else on the Escapist.

Eh I would prefer something else. More episodes or the gary response to the forum posts.

This was really entertaing AND educational!!!

no wonder why this series turned out so damn bad,

I miss Unforgotten Realms...

*yawn*
me want episode. feed me episode!

Lo(x10)l, now that's funny

I think its nice that the creators dont have a stick up thier bums about the criticism and just say meh, we enjoy it so we'll post it. Good for you guys.

Having said that... i didnt get most of it, and the imitation of Jon was the highlight for me... actually didnt do to bad of a job either. I could clearly tell you were trying to imitate jon even when i wasnt looking.

Well this was an amusing take on debuffing the claims against the show, granted, but I have to agree with what someone else has said and that the sheer fact they need two episodes to take off criticism is a very bad omen in itself.
I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I don't much care for Apocolypse Lane either, but I can't say I'm catching too much of the humour. I want to give the show a go though so I'll still watch- it's new after all, probably going through growing pains, and I hope it'll pick up some more. I can't help but think one problem people have about the lack of characterisation is that (even though there were brief introductions in the trailer) the characters haven't really been introduced at all. Why not an episode plot about how the dogs ended up working there, and give them a bit more of an introduction? I'd watch that. Nostalgia around the coffee room table.

Oh and Palmer, you are right... he is an absolute stud muffin.

Sad thing is that this is actually somewhat more interesting to watch then the episode.

You guys should stop pretending that you know how to animate a series, and just stick with the paper cutout puppets.

The creators obviously enjoy what they're doing and that's definitely a good thing. It's nice that they can take themselves not too seriously.

I really didn't enjoy watching this though. There just... isn't really any humour. The closest thing this one got to something humourous is "oops, I forgot to do my funny voice" and "I dropped the dice by accident and then swore". Characters are fine, concept is fine... the weakness is in the scriptwriting.

Still giving it time though... maybe it will improve...

Benjeezy:

Archemetis:
You're really trying to make people like this aren't you?

They need to start tryng harder

"The last time I saw my grandmother, she asked if I was still trying to make people enjoy Game Dogs. I told her, Yes Ma'am. Well, she said, try harder. Cos IT AIN'T WORKING!"

I think it's too early for filler's when this show is only one episode old (and a trailer and a random video) but I'll accept this for now since I bet you guys are working on that new show and are prolly busy with it aswell. I really like that we've got so many new shows. Even though I don't fully love all of them it's still more content which I like

They are really trying to get people to like this series. Can you just admit that its not funny and give up on it.

What the F*** did I just see???

Its like this....

homer simpson kissing Pictures, Images and Photoshomer simpson kissing Pictures, Images and Photoshomer simpson kissing Pictures, Images and Photos

Anyways where can i get some cut outs of these characters (marketing hint)???

Yeah...

So, it's cool you guys want to share this random video, but something like this is made for...when the show is established. Right now, this video is making it seem like you're pleading us to like the show.

To be honest, the show needs some kind of humor in it's jokes that lasts. All of the jokes have been done before or had no relevance and I yawned or I just got a smirk out of any of the jokes. The pilot had no punch line and this video has no point, period. It's a little silly thing that makes me think 'CAD Ripoff'.

anthropomorphic dogs who play video games, huh?

what's wrong? has someone already thought of anthropomorphic cats who play videos games?

oh wait. that's exactly it. oh well, at least you'll still succeed thanks to your proximity to zero punctuation.

You know what's worse than a bad series? When it's own creator cannot lampoon it competently. Failure to make a series is one thing, but failure to make fun of yourself is even worse.

Guys, give it up. It's not funny, no one finds it funny it's time to just let it go.

Kimarous:
You know what's worse than a bad series? When it's own creator cannot lampoon it competently. Failure to make a series is one thing, but failure to make fun of yourself is even worse.

littlerudi08107:
Guys, give it up. It's not funny, no one finds it funny it's time to just let it go.

Well, these two took the words right out of my mouth (fingertips?).

This series is very close to an early end.

Well, as I said before - Its still funnier than the first episodes of "Apocalypse Lane".

I gave that show a honest 5 episodes to make me smirk before saying "done!" and never watching it again. Same goes for this show. You have 5 actual episodes to experiment with the humor. If not a single of those 5 makes me laugh - well, no offense...

Edit: Thought I should post the list of how I rated Escapist "funnsies":

1)Unforgotten Realms(I know its gone, but it will always be in my heart)
2)Stolen Pixels
3)Zero Punctuation
4)Uskippable
5)Doomsday Arcade
6)Loading Ready Run
7)Rebecca Mayes Muses
8)Apocalypse Lane

undecided - Game Dogs

All rankings are subject to change.

RedMenace:
Well, as I said before - Its still funnier than the first episodes of "Apocalypse Lane".

I gave that show a honest 5 episodes to make me smirk before saying "done!" and never watching it again. Same goes for this show. You have 5 actual episodes to experiment with the humor. If not a single of those 5 makes me laugh - well, no offense...

Edit: Thought I should post the list of how I rated Escapist "funnsies":

1)Unforgotten Realms(I know its gone, but it will always be in my heart)
2)Stolen Pixels
3)Zero Punctuation
4)Uskippable
5)Doomsday Arcade
6)Loading Ready Run
6)Rebecca Mayes Muses
7)Apocalypse Lane

undecided - Game Dogs

All rankings are subject to change.

Yep, I think I'm on the same page as you, right down to the listings ^_^ Though I do have to say that I'm finding this series amusing, so that puts it in at number 5 spot already.

Keep going, guys! Ignore the haters and get some more material out!

This was really funny, haha! Where you guys stoned or something when you thought of this?
Anyhow, I laughed pretty hard, funnier then the premire even...

I sure hope people will start warming up to the show soon, but almost all the escapist shows go through a growth period. I would agree that it's obvious you guys are trying really hard on this project.

Just as long as you all have fun with it (which you guys obviously are)

Just remember not to take anyone on the forums seriously, we never know what we want and we're never pleased, haha.

Not the best show on the site.
WHY DOGS?

DeadlyGlitch:
WHY DOGS?

Why not? :)

*ahem*
Look, I'm taking this with a open mind. It really can be a good show. But making a "behind the scenes" with just ONE episode out? Jeorses. You have to finish a season before going back and doing this sort of thing is funny. I mean, I watched that pilot episode twice. I like the setting, the characters (so far) and it has potential. I really just want to see more of that. But having one episode, and this and "Gary responds" puts you right behind the eight ball. Like the show it's self is an after thought but all the parody of it is what I'm actually supposed to see. IT CAN BE FUNNY. Don't get me wrong. But don't shoot yourself in the foot. I really do like the consept, but from what I see so far that all that's going to make me watch the first 3 videos. I hope it's get's funny by then

Add some catchphrases, make the humor funny and genuine, and I'll come back. But if it's going to more of this anything but the show itself stuff, I plan on avoiding it.

This is all IMO ofcourse

EDIT
Is this crap? No. Not at all.
Does it really need to set up it's game? Yes, very

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: