Unskippable: Darksiders

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Caliban1972:

ewhac:
Forgive me, but the "Russell" reference is going straight past me. Reference?

Russell Crowe is a relatively famous actor from Australia. Whenever a crow shows up in a cutscene, they refer to it as "Russell". The implication is that it's the same crow doing all the crow cameo's in the different games.

Actually the connection to the actor was unintentional, it just happened to work out that way when Graham initially came up with a name for a crow the first time. I = LRR Nerd (I'm getting there anyway).

Also, excellent episode guys, lots of great jokes.

Oh, wow, I did NOT expect that epic callback to the very first episode. Also, TOTALLY HOT QUIDDITCH.

Bernie <3

Wasn't he from the Lost Planet ep.?
Good times.

HAHA Starring Mike (edited!) Patton! that was absolutely fantastic!
I just watched this again.... and I still don't quite understand the story....

Ghostwise:

Onyx Oblivion:
That game's plot was just terrible. Hell, the more I think about that game, the more I hated it. It was derivative, had zero replay value, and the only original thing about it ended up being shit. That was the plot. I ended my review on a positive note, too.

Ahhh, Bernie could totally surround those enemies.

Yeah I wish I hadn't bought it. Oh well...straight trade in for NBA 2k10.

I think you ment to say Dante's Inferno, it's okay it happens

Wow, this game needs plastic surgery. Looks incredibly boring too.

Lol Russell again? It's like there's a rule that a game cannot be released until there is a crow in it.

Anyways...

THQ: TOTALLY HOT QUTDDITCH

Lord_Panzer:
"Military begins evacuating civilians... from Earth... to where?!?"
And yes, you're right, Bernie would know what to do.

Onyx Oblivion:
That game's plot was just terrible. Hell, the more I think about that game, the more I hated it. It was derivative, had zero replay value, and the only original thing about it ended up being shit. That was the plot. I ended my review on a positive note, too. But now I just have such hatred and rage for that game.

Bernie could totally surround those enemies.

god I miss bernie

sound like an interesting game but you make it sound funny hahaha

Caliban1972:

ewhac:

Russell Crowe is a relatively famous actor from Australia. Whenever a crow shows up in a cutscene, they refer to it as "Russell". The implication is that it's the same crow doing all the crow cameo's in the different games.

*forehead smack*

Of course. Much obliged; thank you.

GrahamS:
Darksiders

Graham and Paul hitch a ride with one of the Four Horsemen.

Watch Video

Russell was even at the Sherlock Holmes movie i saw recently! he was the mastermind in the plot!

Odd, that one girl angel said, "My Lord" but she wasn't talking to God. BLASPHEMY!!!

ewhac:

Caliban1972:

ewhac:

*forehead smack*

Of course. Much obliged; thank you.

Actually I think it was entirely a coincidence. They saw the crow in a cutscene and wanted to name him Russel...

Bananajoy:
Lol Russell again? It's like there's a rule that a game cannot be released until there is a crow in it.

Either that or a moon

Was the second horseman holding a pistol?

Nice, Think this show is getting more consistent with its goodness. Great show again.

Seeing the game in action for once, I can kinda see what Yahtzee was going-on about a couple weeks back. It's hard to really get into War as a character because I'm too busy just trying to decipher his appearance. I suppose that some would fall-back on the argument that you aren't really supposed to "get into" him as a character because he's just one of the four horsemen, but that would be kind of a cop-out excuse. I've seen more ominous characters be more engaging with fewer lines than War spoke.

Is anyone else getting the Escapist' 'self promotion' vids playing instead of the Unskippable vid.
I thought it was cool the first time, but after the 2nd and then the 3rd time of the promo vid playing instead of what I came here to watch, it got old and annoying REAL quick.

that was awesome guys!

"oooh 3D!"

ROFL!

also, is it just me, or did that (pre rendered) cut scene look AWESOME! hopefully one day games will look like that... did make it all the more jarring when it cut to the in game cut scene, was like stepping back in time 10 years... I miss the good old days when PC games were king and improved noticeably every 3 months. sure it meant you had to buy a new graphics card every 3 months BUT I DON'T CARE! ( you didn't have to either, you could just turn the settings down, oooh, remember when games came with PROPER PERFORMANCE OPTIONS??)

Ugh! Terrible Cut scene, didnt make any sense - The writers deffinately failed creative writing in high school.

As always, fantastic episode guys.

these angels are more lame than Pit

"Where do angels go when they die?"

...They don't go to heaven where the gangsters fly... Er... Or something...

It's Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Zeppo and Gummo, guys.

Sheesh.

O.o

it is a theological nightmare... i doesnt make sense at all...

and... why in heavens name didnt they called Bernie!?!?

"The armies of Heaven and Hell...and Steve," Ha, I find it funny.

I'm liking the guest appearance of the Grinch around 0:38.

Ugh, the underwater levels. Curse the Zora and their dungeons!

u racist bastard Canada is should passively aggressively attack you for that -_-

That game looks pretty damn good. I might have to go out and buy it myself.

I can honestly say that I am a fanboy of this series.

dubious_wolf:
HAHA Starring Matt Patton! that was absolutely fantastic!

His name is "Mike Patton" as the darkness,the whiteness and as the darksiders

get it right

Endocrom:
Was the second horseman holding a pistol?

That would be Strife, he duel wields guns yes. War gets one eventually too.

Darksiders is pretty freaking awesome, the story is a bit so-so but the gameplay is tonnes of fun, even if it is all taken from other games, its at least done very well.

ForgottenPr0digy:

dubious_wolf:

get it right

Haha my bad I had just watched the last LRR video which had Matt and Paul as the main roles so I was thinking "Matt" oops

dubious_wolf:

ForgottenPr0digy:

dubious_wolf:

get it right

Haha my bad I had just watched the last LRR video which had Matt and Paul as the main roles so I was thinking "Matt" oops

well you should know its "mike patton" because they have been using that joke since "The Darkness" episode

from 5:50 - 6:08 was awsomely great. nice job guys

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or