Unskippable: Avatar

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

...I think they botched up the Avatars, at least in that cutscene. I remember them having only four fingers (That's three and a thumb for anybody being a smartass) but the one in the cutscene had five.

AvsJoe:

FoolKiller:

Tarakos:
That rib at Microsoft was pretty cool.

I agree... I just hope Microsoft doesn't get wind because they will start doing that to their games.

That is the future. Whether we like it or not it's bound to happen. Makes you miss the cartridge days, don't it?

Miss it? I still buy NES/SNES/Genesis games at the local shop a few times a year. Lots of fun.

Woo Kendra is Jade from Beyond Good and Evil

"To unlock the full version of this game, please insert 1200 microsoft points."
lolz not bad a little humor here and there

"Did I mention I was asleep for five years?" *chuckles* Great episode!!

In the game, they should have renamed planet Pandora to planet 'Uncanny Valley'. Not a single moment did I think I was looking at actual people, just virtual puppets. It makes me cry when a new game can't even come close to what Half-Life 2 did five years ago.

That said, great episode!

". . . you used to call me princess!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

heyheysg:
Woo Kendra is Jade from Beyond Good and Evil

She's also Ashley from Mass Effect. Ugh.

Where was the handicapped guy? He was like a motivation in the movie!

That was priceless guys, GREAT WORK!!!

Best Quote: "This planet is the most dangerous place you will ever be in" "Besides Walmart on Black Friday"

Great writing!

From that cut scene, it looks like the game plot is only superficially connected to the movie's...

I'd call this Unskippable's "Hamlet" (from MST3K). You guys did your best - and there *were* funny parts - but there's only so much you can do with source material that boringly bad.

was this a good game I thought about getting it i dunno should I lay off of it.

YOU USED TO CALL ME PRINCESS
almost spit milk out my nose with that one. not even exaggerating.

"to unlock the full version of the game, please enter 1200 microsoft points" lol

the microsoft points gag was a real stinker! :D

Was that Mila Kunis as the exposition woman?

"Take it easy. You might feel a little disoriented. . ."
"Well, yeah, I've got two people from TRON staring at me!"

*chuckles*

Lots of good jokes this week. And boy, did I need some laughs, with GDC less than a week away. . .(Read: Work is ROUGH right now.)

Weaver looked f**king hot in the movie. In the game she looks like a hag...that is completely backwards.

MikeOShay:
...I think they botched up the Avatars, at least in that cutscene. I remember them having only four fingers (That's three and a thumb for anybody being a smartass) but the one in the cutscene had five.

the Avatars have five fingers, a pointed nose, and smaller eyes becuse of human DNA. the Na'vi however have four fingers, big eyes, and flat noses.

oh and BTW:

THIS IS NOT JAKE SULLY! HE IS STILL ASLEEP IN SPACE! THIS GAME TAKES PLACE BEFORE THE MOVIE! SO JUST UP ABOUT NOT SEEING JAKE, BECUSE HE ISENT EVEN AT THE PLANET YET!!!!

I wish our planet had teleporting mountains.

Goddammit that'd be cool...

What exactly is the point of this game? Aside from taking a big chunk out of EA's money and my respect for them.

Amazing video! The game itself disappointed me, because from the movie I thought they could have made a half decent game. You know, play as an avatar, run around sticking your hair in things and seeing what happens... that would be cool. Not this nameless soldier nonsense.

Look at the view..
The mountains in the ba- WHAT THE!?

epic LOL

Oh my god I just saw that mountain in the background completely disapear that's hilariously bad animation.

"Now if your DNA was a 1 in a billion match to a princess..."

That was the funniest thing I have heard all week. XD

I laughed so hard at 1:44 because of "If you look at the mountains in the back-" *some vanish* "Wh-What the?!" Lmao! Amazing...and yeah the crap was with him going into the body and then suddenly going back to reality? That was to quick...no tutorial or anything. Awesome review guys!

I have a question: Let's say I was the person who perfectly matched the genetic code 1 out of a billion people...but, what if I wasn't a soldier but a plumber? Would they still take or, or better yet force me to join? XD

God, Sigorny Weaver looks soooo ugly in this game! Why did they make her look like she's 100 years old?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here