Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Akkiko:

Spiner909:

Falknarr:

Spiner909:
My lord! This is Final Fantasy 3?
It's ugly, so horribly ugly...

Must... contain... rage.... raARGH!
Nah, it's cool. You CAN'T mean that seriously... right?

I meant it completely. I would never play that.

Next he's going to tell us that FFVII or FFX was the best... Excuse me while I cry forever.

@ Video

Oh the grin that broke out on my face when I saw those horribly familiar clouds mixed with that ominous organ music. Love you forever.

Yes! Cry, you scum. It will power the motives of evil.
Now, back to my cave of doom. And FFX was quite alright mind you.

Amazingly removing an "X" from a FF games improves it immensely. It's good to get some nostalgia some time. Oh, and for anyone wondering, the opening organ music sucked even back when it first came out for SNES. (Rest of the music was great though.)

Hahaha! After I realized I was April Fooled by you guys, I couldn't stop laughing. Once again, you bring up the obvious stupidity of game openings. Though I personally loved FFIII, what you joked about, poked fun at, reticuled, all were damn true and needed to be. Though, I do wish there was a FFXIII, I would love to know what would be reticuled in that(Especially with a grown man with a girl who looks like she is 14).

Great show, first truely hilarious one in a long time, the others weren't as funny as the originals. Keep up the bloody good work.

That was hilarious and a good early April Fool's Joke.

"And if you say it just to be cute I will turn this snowfield around and go home. And I can do that because this is Mode 7." Hilarious.

Well, when I saw the FF3 stuff, I thought it was kind of funny. and then the video progressed and I realized it wasn't funny in the slightest. It's a sad monday when my favorite web series trips and falls. =(

Haha

Nice one guys :D

Nice prank.

LOL!

I actually recognised it from the first screen, because about an hour ago, I was playing it on my GBA :P
creepy coincidence is creepy

I would of expected of this kind of thing on thursday. Actually I am expecting Yahtzee to rave abut this game for his zp review ad then do an April fools reversal at the end. For you yanks though zp comes out on wednesday for you due to time zones we aussies get it on thursday which will make it an april fool's episode

Cheeky monkeys. Well played, salesmen.

This is probably my favorite episode ever. I loved FF III and to see either you guys do Unskippable on it made my day. Keep up the great work!

Amusing opening jokes, but flagged quickly. Not the best, not by a long shot.

Oh well...

Oh you guys.

Funny... I JUST started another play-through of Final Fantasy III yesterday.

And great episode.

Someone is going to get a noogie for this!
I demand my X!

2D pixels or fully rendered CGI cinematic, FF introductions are overly long filled with boring exposition.

wow they really went with the old school look and feel for XIII might have to pick it up

That was pretty awesome. Way better than what I was expecting. Especially for playing that game far too much...

And I thought the bad organ was a somewhat cool intro. Just bad music...

jokes on you! I didn't watch all of it!

Paul I need to tell you a few things about X.

lovley bait and switch.

GrahamS:
Final Fantasy XIII

Brooding and the impossible hairdo go together like guns and swords.

Watch Video

Wait, why would Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?

Hmmm I've never actually seen the older final fantasy games.... this was a learning experience for me. How on earth did these sell like hot cakes so well?
Good bait and switch. I salute you!

That made my day, thank you, haha.

Hahaha, I wasn't expecting them to keep going along with FFIII, the whole time I was waiting for it to cut to XIII. Loved it.

dubious_wolf:
Hmmm I've never actually seen the older final fantasy games.... this was a learning experience for me. How on earth did these sell like hot cakes so well?
Good bait and switch. I salute you!

Simple, it was a SNES game, and that was some of the best graphics you could find for the console, no holds barred. Gameplay wise it was fun, but once you got the the 2nd half of the story, the whole game got super-boring, super quickly...

Which translation was this? surely the soldiers were Biggs and Wedge, Rather than Vicks..
still, great game, great vid.

lol pissa

That was pretty lame. And I don't mean the deceit, it was just a really lame commentary. Drag on much? Worse than the organ in the intro.

Also, FF3 was fun.

The bit about the "monster palette swapper" was sheer genius.

Thibaut:
Lame. What's the point of April's fools jokes anyway?

Pegans celebrated the new years, and the religious ones who adhere to the roman calendar essentially called anyone who celebrated in April, fools. Something like that I'm no historian.

Dorks :)

Oh jeez, you guys went OLD school! What's more, you grabbed the SNES version, which bailed on the FF6, and turned it into FF3!

Clever boys. ;)

Ouch, the bait and switch. Was not expecting that. Kudos.

Nice prank guys! I loved the mode 7 jokes. "Come on men, just a little more mode 7 to go!" That one was awesome. What did happen to those other 6 modes anyway?

daishonato:
Which translation was this? surely the soldiers were Biggs and Wedge, Rather than Vicks..
still, great game, great vid.

That was the original SNES release version. There were tons of mistranslations, especially Vicks and Wedge // Biggs and Wedge. Probably the most notable being that this was called FF3, and not FF6. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here