Zero Punctuation: April Fools

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

WOW, this really reminds me of the prison poetry scene in Fable 1 :P

P.S. it's at 02:56 ;P

TriggerHappyAngel:
WOW, this really reminds me of the prison poetry scene in Fable 1 :P

P.S. it's at 02:56 ;P

There is a bloody time code system. You just need to waste 3 seconds of your life to google and fix it in your brain

just an excuse not to do the work id dare say lol :P good show

A funnier April Fool's joke would have been to make a funny video.

And that's about as funny as Game Dogs ever gets......

Megacherv:

Kragg:
Where was it hidden? i had no idea :o

duchaked:
wait what? where was this hidden? haha

Part-way through an episode of Game Dogs

Which explains why no one saw it.

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of hidden meaning. Either that or the joke is us just trying to figure what the hell he's talking about.

That was quite unlike Yahtzee. I get it. *tips hat*

Hey Yahtzee, is it just me, or did you do the voice narration for Disciples 2?

hamster mk 4:
I think the main joke is that Yahtzee was talking slowly and completly deadpan.

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

Seconded, that would of been greatly better. Twice so if he 'clearly sold out' during it, praising the company and all the crap in a way that is clear he is being paid to do so. To the point the companies logo was plastered everywhere?

Have to say I was very un-amused. As someone said above, yes I was waiting with baited breath for some trademark Yahtzee-ism to come along.

Ah well, next week I suppose.

It made me laugh! Thumbs up!

Well... for an April Fool joke, that was a bit shit. I didn't even watch all 59 seconds of it. How boring!

...What the fuck?

GunStunt567:
(chuckles) Its amusing how you guys dont get how he's fucking with us.

He read an extract from the "Ode To Melancholy", a distinctly depressing choice on the assumption that his loyal yet brainless fanbase would all watch it with bated breath waiting for some Yahtzee brand venomous hilarity on April Fools.

You got us good, Yahtzee, you twanker

Someone places themselves on a bit of a pedestal, don't they? What a disgusting, high-horsed comment. This wasn't even the whole joke, although it obviously factored; as I understand it the main joke was in an episode in another show. I know there was some irony, but still...

doesn't he do this shit every year. you know like just skip an episode because of a holiday.

Putting it in game dogs would be like an in joke since...wait a sec theres a series called game dogs?!?!

Problem with game dogs is its doing "that" humour path. Like VG Cats only animated.

I lol'ed, and then was creeped out by my lolling and that dull voice. It reminded me too much of when my voice first started breaking.

Somewhere in Australia Yahtzee is laughing his ass off(Probably a "little" buzzed in the Mana Bar). Maybe its an inside joke for him. The point of most April fools jokes is for the people pulling the prank to laugh there usualy not as funny to the people it happened to.

I found it pretty chuckle worthy, but hidden in an episode of Game Dogs? No wonder I didn't find it.

As previously stated, the fact that you ALL went "How is joke, I not know" at the video basically states that he got you.

Yahtzee 1, Escapist 0.

gandr13189:
Ok here is the joke that all you are missing. Yahtzee also wrote a book when he wasn't playing a game or fapping or sleeping or sucking off the lead programmers of Valve( of which who told me he does a damn good job) Which is about 30 minutes a day which also means most of the book was written on the shitter(with only 30 minutes left you have to stretch it). Now being that his book was conceived and written around total crap I might see how it could suck. But not that bad It was him doing a reading of his book. And the joke was that it some gay ass novel taken straight from a Final Fantasy cut scene. But knowing Yahtzee (and i do from masterbating to all his abusive videos) It would more likely about something he enjoys. And from his saints row 2 Video that would most likely be Jumping on, running into, beating up old ladies naked. So the joke is his real book would not read "Such dark melancholy. Within the his heart and beneath all his rage, lies the soul of a poet" but "As i fell from the plain naked I fapped at the site of an old women who i quickly fall open and killed" So there you go, Your all retarded and your mothers never loved you.

You registered at this site solely to insult a guy you've never met and then call everyone else on the site retarded? This isn't even worthy of being called trolling.

Oh, and you might want to try using some punctuation.

he sounds like Aaron Stainthorpe from "my dying bride" when reading poetry

I'm very much reminded of Andy Kaufman reading The Great Gatsby, and therefore I approve of this.

dude I canīt believe you bother to explain it. Ah well is good to know someone has a brain out there. Hey he might be trying to teach us something here: if you wanna play a good game, play a really fucked-up one first haha

Haha what the hell was that all about?

Jinx_Dragon:

hamster mk 4:

A better April fools might have been a positive review of an obviously bad game, like a movie tie in. However doubt Yahtzee was willing to go that low for a bad joke.

Seconded, that would of been greatly better. Twice so if he 'clearly sold out' during it, praising the company and all the crap in a way that is clear he is being paid to do so. To the point the companies logo was plastered everywhere?

Thirdeded..eded. T'would have been most awesome.

so he is secretlly a romantic

lol its only 30 seconds long and it still got more comments then the shit fest it was featured in!

sukmyrooster:
i don't get it

You sir are quite the helpful poster! Hell,you should be a mod or better yet,why don't we just give the keys to the site! With such brilliant posts and skill in punctuation you're destined for it!

OT:I saw this on Game Dogs and thought nothing of it at first but now I get it!
Happy April Fool's Day Escapist!

Why would anyone assume it was a passage from an erotic novel?

Jekteir:
Wow -- if Yahtzee's intention was to make April Fools of most of the posters on this thread, he certainly succeeded. How about Google Is Your Friend, and that was an excerpt from 'Ode on Melancholy' by Keats? You know, that dead English poet? They made a crappy movie about his love life recently?

I like to imagine Yahtzee used this opportunity to try and introduce you to something other than games. And the results are in: 80% of you are incapable of handling it. Great.

The poem suggests that when your weariness and sorrow is such that you would want to take your own life, instead feast your eyes and senses upon what is beautiful, and revel in its fading, and in the transience of all things. That in the midst of the bad, you hold to the good, and yet recognise that all of it will pass.

"if thy mistress some rich anger shows,
Emprison her soft hand, and let her rave,
And feed deep, deep upon her peerless eyes.

She dwells with Beauty -- Beauty that must die;
And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips

Bidding adieu; and aching Pleasure nigh,
Turning to poison while the bee-mouth sips:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight,
Veiled Melancholy has her sovereign shrine".

dude I can't believe you bother to explain it. Ah well is good to know someone has a brain out there. Hey he might be trying to teach us something here: if you wanna play a good game, play a really fucked-up one first haha

FUCK forgot the quote the first time

O.o interesting...I guess.

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one slightly discomfited by his droning, yet somehow malevolent, monotone. It was almost like he was the evil version of Ben Stein. But yes, I get the joke. Well done, Ben.

Taylor_DeSousa:
Why would anyone assume it was a passage from an erotic novel?

...do you even need to ask?

hamster mk 4:

I agree; that would have been much better but I highly doubt he would stoop that low.

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand that, could you speak faster?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here