Game Dogs: Season 2 Announcement

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Pimppeter2:

Russ Pitts:

Pimppeter2:
Am I the only one that found it a tad bit offensive?

Offensive in what way?

Not that I was actually really offended, but If I'm interpreting it right its kind of a joke on those terrorist videos were they hold people hostage and make demands.

That's not to say I was really offended, like I was actually angry or anything. But I found it a bit for lack of better terms, distasteful. It just made me a bit uncomfortable, and I'm usually someone that's hard to offend. Again, its not like it actually made me angry or think less of the show or you guys, not in the slightest.

Maybe I really am alone in thinking so. Regardless, I cannot wait to see where you guys take this show, and will continue to be a fan.

No, you definitely caught the joke. We definitely weren't TRYING to offend anyone, so I hope no one actually was offended.

I was hoping we could get away with the joke since we never actually referenced anyone of a certain nationality or religious belief, plus the fact he was holding a sword to the head of a cardboard cut-out. It seemed a little too silly for anyone to take seriously enough to be offended, in our opinion. But maybe we're just jaded Hollywood types ;)

I guess we could have made it more clearly a cardboard cutout. Or cut the sitar music.

Anyway, sorry if it made you uncomfortable. Glad you like the show though!

Isn't Game Dogs written by the same guys who do Apocalypse Lane? I absolutely love Apocalypse lane and think it's hilarious so how can people who make that show so funny make something that's almost the complete opposite of funny and entertaining (Game Dogs)? I really don't understand

Russ Pitts:

Pimppeter2:

Russ Pitts:

Pimppeter2:
Am I the only one that found it a tad bit offensive?

Offensive in what way?

Not that I was actually really offended, but If I'm interpreting it right its kind of a joke on those terrorist videos were they hold people hostage and make demands.

That's not to say I was really offended, like I was actually angry or anything. But I found it a bit for lack of better terms, distasteful. It just made me a bit uncomfortable, and I'm usually someone that's hard to offend. Again, its not like it actually made me angry or think less of the show or you guys, not in the slightest.

Maybe I really am alone in thinking so. Regardless, I cannot wait to see where you guys take this show, and will continue to be a fan.

No, you definitely caught the joke. We definitely weren't TRYING to offend anyone, so I hope no one actually was offended.

I was hoping we could get away with the joke since we never actually referenced anyone of a certain nationality or religious belief, plus the fact he was holding a sword to the head of a cardboard cut-out. It seemed a little too silly for anyone to take seriously enough to be offended, in our opinion. But maybe we're just jaded Hollywood types ;)

I guess we could have made it more clearly a cardboard cutout. Or cut the sitar music.

Anyway, sorry if it made you uncomfortable. Glad you like the show though!

Yeah, don't worry about it. I may have just been a little bit touchy, I did still find it funny. Like I said, I wasn't actually really offended or discomforted, those words have a much more serious connotation than what I actually felt.

Anyways, Good luck on starting the next season!

Russ Pitts:

Cosplay Horatio:
I had no idea the season ended. Well I'm expecting the 2nd Season to start next week.

It will be a few more weeks at least. Sorry about that. We'll keep you informed.

We are working on some cool stuff to tide you over int he mean time though. The actual Satan's Retrievers game should be coming out soon, as well as a few other things.

+1 respect for Game Dogs.

Well, as an avid watcher of Escapist, mostly for ZP and Unskippable, I can't help but show my two cents about this series so I finally registered to do so.

It is Code Monkeys with dogs and a mix of URealms except poorly written and none of the fun. It is a total failure esp. when the number of comments have been mostly negative and dwindled down from over 600 to nearly 100 from the first episode to now. Heck, I've watched all the episodes til now and still haven't cracked a smile. It is that bad.

This series have tons of problems such as, bad humor, poor writing, flat, uninteresting, generic characters, and awful animation altogether so I really question why this deserves a second season. However, these problems could mostly be from the fact the creator is doing 3 animated series for a week, and that sounds a bit too much. I'd say put one on hiatus, and focus on 2 shows for now so the makers can have more time to create more better jokes and humor (possibly better animation as well). When one show of the two is at a season finale or ended, then they'll focus developing on the show that's been put off. It goes to show that less is more.

Though I'd be much more happy to see this show replaced with something with better quality. If the first season fails to deliver, then I'd say give up on it completely and move on since it doesn't seem worth it esp. when a show like this gets a lot of flak from the online community. Heck, don't know if it has been done before, I think a better idea for a show would be called FPS or First Person Sitcom that satirizes FPSes in general and all its concepts while having the style and feel of a FPS itself. It means the audience would see through the POV of the main char and see goofy crap happening all around him/her with witty banter thrown in, and it won't be in 2D animation rather would be in 3D/CGI game models like a real FPS. Hey, it could work with proper execution.

*Looks at post. Didn't know I was going to write this long, but yeah.

"The people who are just going to hate no matter what ... I've kind of given up on those."

Russ, ur doin it rong.

I'm pretty sure you don't make a show so that you and the cult (for that is all they can be reasonably be called) that follows it can be happy. Remember Joss Whedon? I love his work. Absolutely love it. But, his shows get canceled faster than Bobby Kotick can drop CEO's/ This is not because they're not good, but because their network doesn't have the following big enough to render using that time space for that show instead of one guaranteed to get hits.

Now, I know this will be passed over in favor of some brown-noser of this show, but, really, this has to stop. I'll give season 2 6 episodes before I totally condemn the producer(s) as too narrow-minded to see that this is not liked by enough people to make it worthwhile.

tl;dr You guys are playing Uwe Boll and keep making bad movies even though everyone tells you to stop.

Good. Kill him. I don't care. The series isn't very good (in my humble humble opinion) and i will shed no tears if it never comes back.

I understand some people (reading these comments, at least over 50%) find this show entertaining. Good for them. I hope you keep it going for their sake. But as for me, i really couldn't care less what you do with it, so long as it doesn't detract space from the GOOD (in my humble humble opinion) shows, eg - ZP, Unskippable, LRR, Escape to the Movies and ENN.

Oh I wish he was captured by evil terrorists then I would of continued watching it but I cant stand it any more but good luck anyway!

I watched the first episode and one of the newer ones. Didn't crack a smile for either one. What exactly is the point of this show? Bad social commentary? Someone please tell me.

The folks that work on this all seem very sincere and nice, so I am happy they will continue to have work.

Gave it one season, I'll watch the first episode of the new season to see if it improved in any manner. If it didn't, can't say I'll watch it anymore. It has its moments, but I'm not willing to sift through all the episodes to find a few of those. The twitching of the characters to make it seem more realistic gets on my nerves, amongst other things with the animation. The fact of that they've acknowledged that there are several things that the users hate, and refuse to change it in an attempt to come off as "We don't care" Is kind of annoying. I think everyone involved at the escapist is incredibly talented, but this show (for me) Was a miss.

UtopiaV1:
Good. Kill him. I don't care. The series isn't very good (in my humble humble opinion) and i will shed no tears if it never comes back.

I understand some people (reading these comments, at least over 50%) find this show entertaining. Good for them. I hope you keep it going for their sake. But as for me, i really couldn't care less what you do with it, so long as it doesn't detract space from the GOOD (in my humble humble opinion) shows, eg - ZP, Unskippable, LRR, Escape to the Movies and ENN.

The reason at least 50% of the comments are positive is because most of the people who want this show bannalated have realized that their efforts are in vain, and have stopped screaming into the wind.

The only ones left are that last bastion of hatred and/or severe dislike of the series. And we will hold the line, mark my words. We will hold the line. Because we have something to fight for, something to believe in.

We have The Escapist.

Russ Pitts:

Cosplay Horatio:
I had no idea the season ended. Well I'm expecting the 2nd Season to start next week.

It will be a few more weeks at least. Sorry about that. We'll keep you informed.

We are working on some cool stuff to tide you over int he mean time though. The actual Satan's Retrievers game should be coming out soon, as well as a few other things.

That's wonderful, I'm very excited that we will play Satan's Retrievers soon and we get cool stuff till then which is awesome.

I love bob.

EDIT: To all the haters of this series, keep on hating if you want, but as long as we got "I Hit It With My Axe" as an official series on this site, "Game Dogs" has a long way to fall before it reaches the bottom. I agree it isn't the best, but it has a kind of charm to it. I bet many would say the same thing about "I Hit It With My Axe" too, that's why I'll let that series slip. But I'll be flaming them for every episode they give out. Just like you other haters flame this one. It's par of the game.

Jallis370:
I love bob.

EDIT: To all the haters of this series, keep on hating if you want, but as long as we got "I Hit It With My Axe" as an official series on this site, "Game Dogs" has a long way to fall before it reaches the bottom. I agree it isn't the best, but it has a kind of charm to it. I bet many would say the same thing about "I Hit It With My Axe" too, that's why I'll let that series slip. But I'll be flaming them for every episode they give out. Just like you other haters flame this one. It's par of the game.

Easy there tiger, russ is a big boy and can take care of himself. He doesnt need your protection, ill fight you if it will make you feel better? Also your post makes you a gigantic hypocrite...but a smart lad like you would have caught on by now.

Huh. Season 1 is already over?

I'm not going to lie. I really liked Game Dogs in the beginning. It wasn't super funny but it was cute and something different. But lately, I've gotten bored with it. Especially with that weird episode that was really awkward with the party or something like that.
I dunno. I may still watch Season 2 but if I do, if it doesn't grab my attention again like Season 1 did, I might just let it go. -shrug- It's lost its appeal to me.

xmetatr0nx:

Jallis370:
I love bob.

EDIT: To all the haters of this series, keep on hating if you want, but as long as we got "I Hit It With My Axe" as an official series on this site, "Game Dogs" has a long way to fall before it reaches the bottom. I agree it isn't the best, but it has a kind of charm to it. I bet many would say the same thing about "I Hit It With My Axe" too, that's why I'll let that series slip. But I'll be flaming them for every episode they give out. Just like you other haters flame this one. It's part of the game.

Easy there tiger, russ is a big boy and can take care of himself. He doesnt need your protection, ill fight you if it will make you feel better? Also your post makes you a gigantic hypocrite...but a smart lad like you would have caught on by now.

Actually, the fact that I'm a hypocrite is a point in my post there. Most of us are hypocrites. We hate on some things and protect other stuff. At the same time I am not actually trying to flame the flamers. Like I said, it's part of the game. You're playing it too I see.

WOW! That was REALLY worth watching!

Interesting concept. Terrible execution.

I'll tune in to see if the series gets more fluid.

Remember --
short, quick jokes = good
long, drawn out jokes = bad

Norik:

Russ Pitts:

Cosplay Horatio:

+1 respect for Game Dogs.

Well I'm sold,hell if you guys believe in the show enough to make this second season AND make the Satan's retrievers game,plus more!I guess I have to watch it now don't I?

Dr. Danger:

Remember --

And the opposites are true(or at least can be).

zHellas:

Dr. Danger:

Remember --

And the opposites are true(or at least can be).

Only if you're Arrested Development.

Otherwise, it's best to play it safe.

I only watched the first and this but of course only watched hoping they said it was cancelled

MOAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!

:)

BOB MUST BE SAVED. Unfortunately we do NOT negotiate with cats.

Just caught up with the series.

Season One did have many awkward moments, but there were enough chuckles to have me watch them all. The monotone by-the-book nature of Bob is (oddly?) one of my favorite characters, reinforced only by this announcement.

I hope to see more coming "soon" for sure.

that was funny! shame the rest of the series wasn't this funny. Oh well, Season 2 will probably be better :)

Im not sure why this series is getting another season, but I will give it another chance. Maybe it will get better.

Oh god. Not more of this unfunny crap. ~_~ My eyes bleed and my brain longs to escape my skull.

Loving it can't wait for the next season

look. game dogs sucks. just look at the facebook fans. 500. Zp, on the other hand has 69,000. See the difference? Stop now, before the escapist goes down in flames.

KILL IT WITH FIRE

So, when is the new season starting? I can't wait!

onda:
look. game dogs sucks. just look at the facebook fans. 500. Zp, on the other hand has 69,000. See the difference? Stop now, before the escapist goes down in flames.

That's a terrible analogy, mate.

ZP has been around for some three years while Game Dogs has been around for maybe five months. They're both entirely different styles. One being review and the other being an original concept. While it's fair to say that you dislike their work, it's quite a stretch to use this comparison as a reason for them to be cancelled.

this is the kind of crap the escapist allow onto their site? the only funny bit was the reference to unforgotten realms in 'D&D kills'
"i search for hidden traps!"... best show ever... (:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or