Escapist News Network: Atari's Gambit

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So Graham uses a Mac mouse and Paul uses a Microsoft keyboard... Guess ENN is politicaly correct :P

I love the new opening and the new segment. The only Atari relations I have now after I stopped playing the DBZ games is buying and playing classic Atari games for my Game Room Arcade on my X360 account.

New intro and format... I like it though. Graham's Mac rant was hilarious. Also, Russ is just awesome.

Firia:
I kind of like the new look and feel of ENN. :) Oh, and Graham? Your hair is getting a little unruly there. Been noticing it for weeks now. :)

Seconded. Graham could use a stylist. Clean him up a bit.

Love the new intro. And Russ was hilarious!

Also: This explains...EVERYTHING

Kathleen is great at silliness.

the_tramp:
I honestly hadn't thought of the two mouse buttons needed for the portals. So how does that work on single button mouses for the macs? Do they need to buy a new one or buy one of those ones where you assign the right side as the right click?

I've never used a mac, forgive my ignorance.

Uh, no.

Graham explained it. What one needs to do is to go to Preferences, go to Mouse and Keyboard, go to Mouse, and assign the right half of the mouse as the right button.

Anyway, OT: Loved the new intro, Graham was freakin' hilarious in the Headshot segment (Hope they make more of these! :D), and the Atari commercials made me laugh so much, tears came out of my eyes!

One of your best, LRR! You really outdid yourselves this week!

I will never be able to look at another Atari product without seeing this.

that1guy:

Uh, no.

Graham explained it. What one needs to do is to go to Preferences, go to Mouse and Keyboard, go to Mouse, and assign the right half of the mouse as the right button.

Well there shows my ignorance, I always thought that mac mouses had a button rather than some sort of touch sensor.

Edit: I appreciate that Graham explained it, I just thought that the first mac mouses had a button rather than this sensor-based system so I was merely querying what would happen for those that have still got these mouses. However seeing that you say that they are all sensor based then I retract my original query.

New credits were great, and the new format (if that's the word I want) made it more like Phailhaus, which is awesome. Great episode!

Man, Kathleen editorialized a lot this week. Was it a slow news week, gang? ;)

New titles are fantastic as... EVERYONE has said, lol.
Solid fantastic fun times. :D

Nice new titles - I miss the word resplendent. And those Atari songs rock - hilarious!

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY REFERENCE!!!

You guys are my heroes.

the_tramp:

that1guy:

Uh, no.

Well there shows my ignorance, I always thought that mac mouses had a button rather than some sort of touch sensor.

Edit: I appreciate that Graham explained it, I just thought that the first mac mouses had a button rather than this sensor-based system so I was merely querying what would happen for those that have still got these mouses. However seeing that you say that they are all sensor based then I retract my original query.

Don't worry about it too much, my Mom's Mac mouse is annoying as hell to use. The sensor isn't altogether that great.

A new intro?! This is madness!

Also, nice Russ Pitts cameo. He is totally suitable for the role.

So long as you keep switching up the words at the end of the intro, this new one is fine (the first was cleaner, though), but what was with the weird over-acting in the commentary? It was off-putting, way too enthusiastic, and lacking comic timing.

OMG, new words! This has rocked my world...

Also, thank you Graham for standing up for Macs. I, for one, use mice that haven't been affected by Steve Jobs's smooth-surface fetish.

(That said, some semblance of a release schedule would appreciated, but that's Valve's issue, not Apple's.)

OMG SHE MENTIONED MYST I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW OMG

Having Kathleen whisper like that was strangely arousing...

Why is it they play the witcher like I play Starcraft.

Only I use my head.

Instead of my hands.

Even though I'm as gay as Christmas, I love Kathleen SO MUCH

...I thought Namco Bandai did all the Dragon Ball Z games, I must research that.

Either way cool episode

I enjoyed this ENN more than the others, it reminded me alot of the Phailhaus for some reason
also it felt as if it had more personality rather than the usual snarky smugness (or maybe it was just me who thought that)

That explains everything!
:P
lol 'Help us' D:

not quite sure what Kathleen said in the last part (not the "this explains eavrything", but the thing about being 18)

and dangit, i was gunna say something else... but i forgot...

Mr. T called. He wants his necklace back.

That 'Steam-for-Mac' part was golden.
Keep it up, guys.

Masterful delivery by both Graham (Headshot) and Russ. Enjoyed the little Kathleen commentaries at the beginning as well. Felt like they belonged. Very awesome ep!

Must... Resist... Urge... To say... Something... PC... Gamer... Emotions... Rising to the surface...

BrownGaijin:
Must... Resist... Urge... To say... Something... PC... Gamer... Emotions... Rising to the surface...

Now now, just let it gooooo...

Father Pitts rocks the ENN. Awesome! Now if we can just get him in a video on Rebecca Mayes Muses, my Escapist world will be complete.

Paul the angry flower? Wait a minute.....

Graham exceeded even his own standards in the Portal segment, that is sharp writing combined with excellent response. I was reminded of Colbert's "Word" and from me that is high praise.

Graham? Birth my children. The Headshot Steam on a Mac segment cracked me up harder than octogenarian hip under a steamroller

Auuuuguhghuguhslfr

Why have the last couple shows (this ENN, last LRR, LRR before that) been so AWESOME?! D<

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here