Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 23 NEXT

My deductions have concluded that she intends to go all Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct on Yahtzee.

I say he should do it. Yes he'll get stabbed in the neck, but Marcus Fenix could get stabbed in the neck and with a neck like that he probably wouldn't notice. Neither would a man like Yahtzee.

Or if he does die, at least she probably bangs like a monkey shaking coconuts out of a tree, so it's probably worth it.

Aftershock:
Man, I can't believe no one seems to have gotten the joke at the end, with the screwdriver... She says, "Let's go out for a drink," twice. Then, a screwdriver. Sooooo... "The next time you visit the UK, let's go out for a drink... and SCREW."

It wasn't a threat, unless you consider whoopee with Rebecca Meyers to be a threat... though with Yahtzee's "celibacy" thing, who knows?

Come on, it wasn't that hard. ;)

HOLY crap, I never even thought about it like that! It is possible, that with her unique sense of humor and intellect that she could have meant it that way. Still, I am more inclined to believe that she intended to put the screw through his head.

Wow... Nice song. Great lyrics. Seems you probably took the extra time to work on this one. It's really refined.

Spaceman_Spiff:

swolf:

The Austin:
Wait?

What?

Was that a love song or a hate song?

Yeah, I'm confused too... I think she's saying that she doesn't want to date him but would want to hang out with him and...well, there's something at the very end of the video which may indicate something else. Draw your own conclusion (mine may be wrong).

I think she wants to penetrate him... with a screwdriver.

Well, that's one interpretation, not the one I thought of. Here was my interpretation:

Aftershock:
Man, I can't believe no one seems to have gotten the joke at the end, with the screwdriver... She says, "Let's go out for a drink," twice. Then, a screwdriver. Sooooo... "The next time you visit the UK, let's go out for a drink... and SCREW."

It wasn't a threat, unless you consider whoopee with Rebecca Meyers to be a threat... though with Yahtzee's "celibacy" thing, who knows?

Come on, it wasn't that hard. ;)

BTW, I know I didn't say it because I didn't want to anger the Mods. I'm not sure how well people can take a joke so I figure not risk it.

This gave me goosebumps. Especially the guitar solo.
It nearly.....brought a tear to my eye.

Great work yet again Ms. Maye, youve really out done yourself! :)

Yahtzee recently posted to his own Web site:

Also, Rebecca Mayes either loves me or wants me dead. It's a little unclear.

your videos never fail to impress Im not gonna lie. But a song about everyones favorite cynic was rather unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed it but the ending confused me. do you really wanna go out and have a drink with him or do you wanna murder him in an alley?

well regardless of which it is Im sure He'll get wind of it and respond by or before next Wednesday.

watched about 20 seconds of it and got both bored and uncomfortable at the same time and stopped it. this is me being honest.

Rebecca Mayes:
Love Song for Yahtzee

The wait is finally over! Rebecca pours her heart out in her latest tune, to none other than Yahtzee Croshaw.

The Epic Win is now available worldwide on iTunes and is available in her website store!

Be sure to join Rebecca Mayes Muses Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

bahahahahah YES! I love it. Though I can picture how that rendezvous will work out:

*Rebecca stabs Yahtzee*

"Meh, a screwdriver? How unoriginal."

Nice song, think people are taking it a tad too seriously though. I'm pretty sure this is just a piece to entertain rather then invoke any sort of war/affair between the two, you know being that she IS an entertainer.

Again nice song, I painfully have to agree though that the chorus could have used a little more variety in lyric.

I don't know if I should be worried about Yahtzee, or jealous. This video's got my head in a complete twist. Whatever the actual meaning, it's a shockingly good video that just gripped me somehow. Her voice has a strange sad quality to it, while not really being sad... If that makes any sense. >_>

huckleberryhound:

Giantcain:

huckleberryhound:
Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Its a love song it'd be awkward to write a love song with out saying who it was addressed to.

It's the classic attention horse move...i bet half of those who clicked on it did so because she invoked the name of Yahtzee....i'm scared to watch another of her videos because they keep branding me with badges.

Couldn't agree with these comments any more to be honest. I am basing my opinion of her singing this song, and I think its dreary and boring, with the repetition of "its ok" driving me to breaking point.

I've listened to her before and didn't like her, and I myself clicked purely because of the Yahtzee mention and was hoping for a good song due to the interesting choice of character for a song. Sadly I was let down, but i'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But it does question why the hell she's getting paid for doing this when theres a hell of a lot of better singers out there who could have made a more creative song could easily replace her.

But perhaps thats just me.

ewhac:
Yahtzee recently posted to his own Web site:

Also, Rebecca Mayes either loves me or wants me dead. It's a little unclear.

*Gasp* Clearly the massively predicted flamewar is on.

i offiically cant tell wether she's singing a love song, or wether or not shes saying she hates yatzee now XD

my mind= blown

That was a charming little tune.
I like how your "avatar" was so... busty and voluptuous.

It's a very well-done song. The music shows talent and skill.

However, I rather doubt that the sentiments are heartfelt in any way.

I think what happened is that someone sailed along in a big boat made out of money, and said to Rebecca, "Look, pretend to have some feelings so that we can motivate people to click some pages."

Then I think Rebecca said, "Cor, gov, I don't actually *feel* anything, it's just a job, innit? That Yahtzee is a right pillock, but, *meh* that's not really enough to write a song about."

I think it's kind of like when you see actors from a theater troupe offstage, acting as if they're seething with mutual sexual tension. In fact, they're quite bored with each other, but they want to make it look as though something exciting is happening.

Sartan0:
Nice. Will see what Yahtzee has to say.

Can't wait for that.

Does this mean Yahtzee is going to review Rebbacca now? Or atleast her song?

Reagus:
But it does question why the hell she's getting paid for doing this when theres a hell of a lot of better singers out there who could have made a more creative song could easily replace her.

But perhaps thats just me.

I do believe the modern music industry has proven that you don't need to be an extraordinary singer to get a singing career nowadays. "If you don't like it, why are you here?" is a bit of a harsh way of putting it, but if you've already established from past videos that you don't like her material - why do you tune in and comment?

Not trying to start a flamewar or nothing (just happen to be up at five in the morning and struck by boredom, silly Finnish summer :p) but it just strikes me as a bit odd 's all.

I thought you were supposed to be writing a love song? This basically just told Yahtzee he was a dick for 3 minutes.

edit: OHHH, it's a "hate-filled love song" I see, I see.

daltonlaffs:
Ohhhhh, that was so close to being great...

Rebecca, I'm going to be honest: I've never been a fan of your songs. They're too repetitive, mainly, repeating the same chorus line about thirty times in a row at least three times on most occasions. They're not usually clever, either.

This one *almost* made me change my mind... it started out so damn strong, and it was hilarious, clever words and rhyming on par with Yahtzee himself. BUT THEN, you started into the chorus. "Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?..." (repeat)

Please, please, stop doing that to your songs. You would be a pleasure to listen to if it weren't for the repetition.

I have to absolutely agree with this. I've always found the music to be somewhat a little generic and unfitting for video games with the whole female acoustics pop which somewhat resembles Taylor Swift. You know, as opposed to something more rock oriented and upbeat, though I thoroughly enjoy Zero Punctuation and the music was fun enough for the beginning to match with it! Then the repetition came...

A lovely song and nice vocals but it's more suited for mainstream pop than... The site where people bitch and rant about Final Fantasy.

I really enjoyed this song, and i'm sure Yahtzee will too. Or if he doesn't then I guess you know what to do with that screwdriver...

LoLuMaD. I don't think Yahtzee is all that sexist.

The Red Dragon:
I really enjoyed this song, and i'm sure Yahtzee will too. :)

He sure has a mean way of expressing it.

http://twitter.com/YahtzeeCroshaw

But then again, that's just him being himself.

That was really great but now I simply must see what yathzee has to say about this I mean I am itching.

DoanDavid:

The Red Dragon:
I really enjoyed this song, and i'm sure Yahtzee will too. :)

He sure has a mean way of expressing it.

http://twitter.com/YahtzeeCroshaw

But then again, that's just him being himself.

Oh he did see it. I noticed that he hates everyone. I really get tired of that speil. Why can't there be a smart opinionated person that doesn't hate everyone?

bobby1361:

NickIsCool:
awesome song as always

i loved all the references to ZP

whats with the screwdriver at the end though?

i guess love is a crazy thing, isnt it :D

Said she'd rather stab herself in the eye than go out with his misoginist mind.

The whole song was about how she was pissed at him, it was like she was inviting him out...and is going to shank him.

Swifteye:

Oh he did see it. I noticed that he hates everyone. I really get tired of that speil. Why can't there be a smart opinionated person that doesn't hate everyone?

Mostly because if someone is opinionated and smart they force their opinion forward and if you can't see that it's smarter than what you think you must be stupid.

And I for one hate stupid people.

Arec Balrin:
My deductions have concluded that she intends to go all Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct on Yahtzee.

I say he should do it. Yes he'll get stabbed in the neck, but Marcus Fenix could get stabbed in the neck and with a neck like that he probably wouldn't notice. Neither would a man like Yahtzee.

Or if he does die, at least she probably bangs like a monkey shaking coconuts out of a tree, so it's probably worth it.

Yes, assuming he has enough blood in his body to maintain an erection, I support this course of action.

hamster mk 4:
I hope Yahtzee does a review of the whole geek music genera, because there is so much better stuff out there than Mayes Muses. Perhaps it is my strait white maleness talking but I could never understand her viewpoint on games. Her videos tend to focus on trivial matters like the lack of different body types in 3d models, and not on the core gaming experience.

What song has she written about lack of different body types? The Mirror? My friend, that was not solely about the lack of varied body types. It was about how people are represented in games, and how we are constantly being fed images of what people should look like. The pictures of the skinny, big-boobed female characters weren't just a complaint about not being able to be fat, they were a protest against the fact that games often show a world filled with "perfect" people, and how twisted that is to her. To me, that goes a bit beyond "There aren't enough different kinds of people in games."

Not that I'm saying you should believe all of that. I just felt the need to tell you that her songs are usually quite deep, discussing cultural matters more than core gameplay. Sure, some of her songs are a bit bland and don't talk about much of anything, but many do have a message to them. Maybe it would be best summed up by this: Mayes sings about the gaming industry, and the relationships between games and people, as much as she sings about games themselves.

Randy11517:
Anyone know what he did wrong? what was the "put her down" part

I assume that, since it was followed by an image of one of Yahtzee's jokes about menstruation, she was talking about jokes that are...less than kind to women. Mayes has always struck me as a tad feminist, so that's what came to mind. When she says "her," it seems to me that it means "women in general." I dunno, maybe I'm reading too far into this.

daltonlaffs:
Ohhhhh, that was so close to being great...

Rebecca, I'm going to be honest: I've never been a fan of your songs. They're too repetitive, mainly, repeating the same chorus line about thirty times in a row at least three times on most occasions. They're not usually clever, either.

This one *almost* made me change my mind... it started out so damn strong, and it was hilarious, clever words and rhyming on par with Yahtzee himself. BUT THEN, you started into the chorus. "Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?... Is it ok?..." (repeat)

Please, please, stop doing that to your songs. You would be a pleasure to listen to if it weren't for the repetition.

I agree. It's like she can't think of anything else so she repeats the same line 50 times over hoping the person watching has the memory of a goldfish and won't remember that she kept repeating herself while she was trying to think of a new line.

I don't hate her, or her songs and I realize that she's not the only person who does this. It bugs me when anyone does it.

Whatisthisidonteven.

Yahtzee better make a review of it, lol.

From about the first 30 seconds onward the only thing I could think was "when will this horriffic assault on my ears end?"

I honestly can't wait to see what will be done in retaliation to this.
Because if it's a war, you've already lost.

I wonder if Yahtzee is going to devote more than just the last line in his next video to this or if it is just going to be his traditional "Now that the legal stuff is done I am going to make a small mention of something"

Ok the clip at the end featured the ticking noise from 24. That plus the threatening screw driver and invitation to go out for a drink in the UK means that Australia must surrender Yachtzee back to the Brits within 24 hours or else she'll use the screwdriver to push a button which will detonate a nuclear bomb planted on top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge by terrorists posing as backpackers.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here