Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

yeah i'm gonna pass as well i think. i'll stick with my day job.

Kris015:
This sounds too good to be true.

And it probably is. I've joined so many of these 'survey' sites in the past, and they're all cons. I doubt this one will be any different at all.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I think I will give it a pass.

Always too good to be true. Just like Lockerz..

So I think we crashed their site? Or we're at least putting them way over capacity. Which is funny considering all the nay-sayers on this thread.

I decided to try it, so let's see what happens. I gave them nothing unique about me but name and address which is publically available. I answered most questions, though not doing the health ones.

Will we suffer?

I'm going to give it a try, why would te escapist con me?

If it's too good to be true....... it isn't true

dududf:
My scam senses are tingling.
*Edit

It's a scam. Not big surprise.

Proof?

Please hurry, I wanna know if I should unsign.

Im still unsure how the Escapist will know if I join...\

Could someone explain?

Well, I signed up being as vague as possible.
At least until I get my free stuff and find out whether this is BS or not.
I really, REALLY don't want ANY spam mail. I've been through that before, hopefully it won't happen again.

i kinda say this is a tarp, but alright the escapist isn't one to try to take my money... o wait a minute i have no money to take

Well, I signed up. One question, though: How does the Escapist know when one of it's users joins? Is there a way to link the accounts, now?

I signed up, but now the home page is gone and I therefore can't log in. What the hell is going on here?

lacktheknack:

dududf:
*Edit

Proof?

Well i signed up yesterday and still no sign of either surveys or free music.

sign me up, it sounds really intresting

bbch:
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

It's giving me the same thing.

Nam Yensa:
Im still unsure how the Escapist will know if I join...\

Could someone explain?

The URL has ?campaign=escapist in it. That means the variable is passed, they'll know.

lacktheknack:

dududf:
*Edit

Proof?

It says it will delete all your information when you close your account.

Yet when you close your account it essentially says it will hold onto all of your information in case you want to join again.

Secondly, you only get the money by telling them everything about you, in alarming detail. We're talking illnesses, to type of car, to where you live, if certain members in your family have medical conditions e.t.c.

Even when you do fill out everything 100% you still do not get the survey that gives you money.

Fourthly, if you magically get the survey, they don't pay you cash, merely credits.

Also the free offer of music seems to be bullshit.

Is that enough information for you? I can go on.

Anyone else notice that when you say 'Student' in your Job it still asks for job details. And also when you say you don't have a Mobile Phone it still asks for details?

I signed up and have completed a survey with $1 in my account. Seems legit, I trust the escapist.

Also I really hope SC2's CD is available I'm going to be disappointed aren't I?

Wow, i would think this would be a scam if it weren't for the escapist posting it.... signing up now.

It damn sure looks and feels like a fraud. But I like surveys and it isn't a must to answer the sensitive questions.

PurpleSky:
Server Error

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I got this too. Anybody know why?

...OMG i just realised that i signed on an account that wasn't linked to the escapist bonuses. FUUUUUU!

I do whatever Escapist wants me to do. Your will shall be done.

i just signed up....when do i get my cd?

Wilson Driesens:
I got this too. Anybody know why?

I'm guessing it's because we're not from the US or something.

Spinwhiz:

Charli:

Spinwhiz:

dududf:

Best not be shitting us spinwhiz.

The Escapist would not partner up with someone if they weren't 100% legit and we sure as heck wouldn't then tell our community about it.

This is the real deal folks, enjoy!

Not for nothing but my windows is going Weeee-ooo Weee-ooo Reported scam site.
Are you really 100% on this?

Why would we, a respected company and website in the gaming industry, direct you to a scam site? It doesn't make any sense to hurt our reputation.

There could be just one little catch(not a scam, but a loophole that they could and probably will use).
If I understood correctly, they give out credits. And only when you earn enough credits you can "cash" them out/buy products with/them turn them into money.

From my point of view they could just give you 9 out of 10 necessary surveys that one needs to cash his profits out.
I may be wrong, but this could be like the only thing that may turn people off after they subscribe.

But heck I like voicing my opinion so I'll now go and carefully read all the "faqs".

I wonder if I can register and take surveys without using needing credit/debit card(I have one but it's not Master Card and I'm not in the mood of making one just for this "job").

Phyroxis:

Herman Zindler:
Ok, so I signed up and tried to take a survey. After I completed it VGM Surveys redirected me to Clear Voice surveys (the sites look identical). So after trying to sign-in repeatedly and failing, I created an account on Clear Voice...now neither site acknowledges the survey I took. Yay scams.

I should note that I trust the Escapist, but I don't like being redirected to clone sites.

I'll bet that one company contracts with the other for use of the sofware and theres some sort of bug.. VGM is legit though, I've worked with them locally before (like sat down with their employees in a focus group setting. This looks similar to their main site (www.vgmarket.com) so.. I'll bet its just them trying to get into the online survey market.. (since Clear Voice seems to be a general survey company that works in many industries) Smart way to go by using The Escapist as a spring board.

Also, looks like they have a facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/vgmarket

I think you are right. There are also inevitable problems that go along with a launch day of any kind, especially one that is opened up to a bunch of tech geeks...it just doesn't help that many of us have a negative experience with the typical internet survey.

In the end, I'll wait a few days and try my hand at another survey to see if they've worked out the kinks of their borrowed code.

Nouw:
Anyone else notice that when you say 'Student' in your Job it still asks for job details. And also when you say you don't have a Mobile Phone it still asks for details?

Yes, this is very annoying as I can't fill out all the sections now.

Still haven't received a survey to do yet, if i haven't received one by next week I'll deactivate my account.

It's not a scam. It's data-mining and companies do this all the time. Here's how it works: no, your personal information isn't shared with anybody, that's completely correct. However, if you say in the profile "I live in a brick house with two children and a cat" and then you do a survey that asks "do you like Heavy Rain" and you click "yes I like Heavy Rain rather a lot", then that adds 1 point of "yes" to the "perhaps people who live in brick houses with two children and a cat are likely to like Heavy Rain rather a lot" part of an Excel spreadsheet somewhere. This information (to which your name is not attached) is then aggregated with all the other information from everyone else doing the surveys, and then used to conduct market research and analyse trends. The results of the analyses are then used to help companies better market products, etc. - basically, they want to know what you like, so they can sell it to you. For instance, they might find out that cat owners compared to dog owners really, really like Heavy Rain, so they might hypothetically tell the company who makes that game "hey, ever considered advertising in a pet magazine?".

They're more than happy to pay you a small sum for the surveys and throw in a few gifts here and there, because in terms of market research data, the information that you are giving them is probably way more valuable to them than a new microwave, a CD of music or an iPod dock (or whatever). Someone in whatever target demographic they are interested in at any given point in time (which would change depending on the question and who they were marketing to - which is why some of you are not getting asked anything right now) consistently doing surveys is a good thing for them.

At least they're honestly data-mining, instead of Facebook which kind of data-mines behind your back a bit. It's not such an evil thing to participate in, however I won't be because I already do lots of work and am too lazy to do this too, just for a few free gifts. I'm not sure but it seems like you live in Australia you are not paid with actual cash but instead credit on a card, which can only be spent on their gifts rather than put straight into my account. so therefore it has no interest to me. Maybe I'm wrong though, in fact I could be wrong about this entire post, but this is data-mining surveys and why they're done as far as I have always understood it. I know about it because all my employers do this too, even the tiny record label I work for on occasion has a mailing list form with "human interest" questions on it that they use for this purpose...

Not interested, another scheme to funnel data and information.

Website is borked <.< it wont except my sign up D:<

yoyo13rom:

Spinwhiz:

Charli:

Spinwhiz:

dududf:

Best not be shitting us spinwhiz.

The Escapist would not partner up with someone if they weren't 100% legit and we sure as heck wouldn't then tell our community about it.

This is the real deal folks, enjoy!

Not for nothing but my windows is going Weeee-ooo Weee-ooo Reported scam site.
Are you really 100% on this?

Why would we, a respected company and website in the gaming industry, direct you to a scam site? It doesn't make any sense to hurt our reputation.

There could be just one little catch(not a scam, but a loophole that they could and probably will use).
If I understood correctly, they give out credits. And only when you earn enough credits you can "cash" them out/buy products with/them turn them into money.

From my point of view they could just give you 9 out of 10 necessary surveys that one needs to cash his profits out.
I may be wrong, but this could be like the only thing that may turn people off after they subscribe.

But heck I like voicing my opinion so I'll now go and carefully read all the "faqs".

I wonder if I can register and take surveys without using needing credit/debit card(I have one but it's not Master Card and I'm not in the mood of making one just for this "job").

You don't need a credit card. They give you a pre-paid debit card with money on it so you can spend it wherever you like.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here