Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

Absolutely horrible and gross. What was the point of the whole thing? You built up characters in a series, start a second season and then, for no reason smash it into pieces?

What was the reason for that? The only thing I can imagine of was that the second season was too unpopular....

"Hey guys, game dogs isn't doing well. Apparently we aren't funny. What can we do to fix that?" - "Dunno. Kill stuff?"

I get the feeling the makers are having fun screwing with the viewers now...I find that amusing. Was worth watching, even if just for the 'will they do it?' element and I got a few laughs out of the legal bits, but I feel I've not watched enough to get a sense of dread from the deaths. From a non-regular perspective, the deaths seemed a little arbitrary in their execution.

WNxSajuukCor:
Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence. Not sure why everyone is sooooo offended by the video. Yay for artistic rights and license I say lol.

You know very well why people are offended by this video. Not so much offended, though, as unhappy with this. I don't think this is what any of us signed up for.
And really, "Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence"? Seriously?
Do you think that its "EXTREME!!!!" or "Kewl" or something? At best, you're apathetic about it, and you only say you like it because you think it will make you seem hardcore and special. At worst, you're a genuine sadist and need mental help.
And trust me, mental health issues are not as cool as they're made out to be in anime and TV. Not making an effort to properly handle mental issues just make you a burden on society.

Well...... I was going to call BS when Beth was the one who bought it, but then came the credits. I consider myself not entertained, a tasteless episode with little redeeming qualities.

o_o I kind of liked Beth... I hope this isn't canonical. Then again, there seems to be very little in the way of cannon in this series.

Oh dear. I have a lot of questions.

1) What the hell does this kind of dark, dark, dark humour do in a light-hearted Office-like series like this?

2) Why would you do that? First of all, I'm pretty sure it was Chet who got voted down the worst, or at least he would be, if the damned Hand Of Fate worked for people. But, even disregarding that, what sense does this make?

Are you trying to anger the people who like Game Dogs by getting rid of characters they got used to? Or are you trying to win over people who don't like it? Either way, it's not a winning strategy.

Alright, the "sigh" joke was fucking hilarious, but I just don't see the point of it all.

Ahhh.
I get the gimmick now.
That was mean...oh so mean.

MIIK900:
Has anyone else noticed the "a furrwork orange" tag on the video? hmm...

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not sure what it means though.

HankMan:
Well...
That was
*Puts on sunglasses*
Ruff

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAH!

OT: Really dark, I don't know if I liked it. Good thing we got rid of Beth and Roger (although I voted Chet, but whatever), but it could have been done less rough.

from my guess one of four things could be true
1stly chet could have won and they will resurrect the others in some way and kill him of for real
2ndly they could kill one of for real and just have episode for muck around
3rdly they could have killed of both characters in the ultimate arsehole move to piss off all viewers
4thly they couldn't care about vote and keep characters alive (one i hope fore)

also guessing the clockwork orange reference will have something to do with this as its called furwork orange

The law talk was hilarious! Love it!

Erana:

WNxSajuukCor:
Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence. Not sure why everyone is sooooo offended by the video. Yay for artistic rights and license I say lol.

You know very well why people are offended by this video. Not so much offended, though, as unhappy with this. I don't think this is what any of us signed up for.
And really, "Yay for gratuitous cartoon gore and violence"? Seriously?
Do you think that its "EXTREME!!!!" or "Kewl" or something? At best, you're apathetic about it, and you only say you like it because you think it will make you seem hardcore and special. At worst, you're a genuine sadist and need mental help.
And trust me, mental health issues are not as cool as they're made out to be in anime and TV. Not making an effort to properly handle mental issues just make you a burden on society.

I dunno, do people find Bugs Bunny hitting Elmer Fudd with a large hammer as he chased the rabbit with a shotgun wanting to kill him offensive? I guess so if we're going to live in a world where everything has to be clean, crisp and on the collar (no pun intended) to make everyone happy.

I'm not "xtreme" or "kool", just another 26-year old artist/writer who supports people's rights with their artistic license. I do find it funny you think I have mental issues and a stain on the blackened sheet that is the public view of society just from two sentences, bravo. You should be a therapist or something, lol.

I found the episode funny because it had funny dialogue that encompassed the expressions and views of people who have commented on the series over the past year along with the law book bit and such. Plus, yes, I couldn't stop watching the dangling eye, classic stuff there lol.

I'll part with a line from the popular web-series, Red vs Blue, from Sarge for you to psycho-analyze: "I love blood and violence! I got a boner for murder!"

WTF both bethany and Roger are dead????

I like Roger and I didn't like bethany but i didn't want her to die

And also I was hoping to see Roger and bethany hook up.

I hope this episode is non-cannon

(chat about today's episode and much more at GameDogs group)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Game-Dogs

Oh well; two down, one to go.
Liked the Sims style music.

furrwork orange ^_^

well as a long time critic of this series this made me smile die game dogs die and restore some dignity to the escpaist after you yiffed all over it with your shitty humour -__-

Legal jokes: Funny
The rest: ... Er... how do I put this... I mean, damn... Just, wow... That was... um... Dark still feels a bit too light here, and this is coming from someone who laughs at 8-bit Theater and Ansem Retort.

This isn't going to turn out to be either a joke or a whole lead in to the REAL satan's retrievers where you end up killing Chet by any chance? Because while I can see the build up maybe paying off for the latter, the former will still get you a lot of hate.

PaintyFace:
There's no way that's suitable for 13 year olds, which supposedly the Escapist is.

i never knew that the escapist was supposedly for 13 year olds... surely then some of the Zero Punctuation videos are out of bounds, what with particularly strong swear words and even mention of the more obscure sexual referenecs, which would provide some horrific results if searched up by a child...

anyway, i'm not argueing with you, i found the episode's gore to be a bit tasteless to say the least. its odd though isn't it, we say its innappropriate for an age group, but really its only people within that age group who would enjoy the parts that we're saying aren't suitable for them.

anyway, i thought Gamer Dogs had been picking up recently. Not just the swords-R-us episode either, i loved that 2nd season premier episode :) and although this episode had its moments... it seemed a bit of a weird move to do. Maybe they decided to end the series, and are so killing off the main characters on the run-up to Halloween, where finally the entire dog world will have gone to hell... meaning the only characters alive would be the male transvestite prostitute and that brain-damaged ex-boss dog.

So far the only slightly funny episode of the whole frakking series. Is it wrong that I giggled during the "American Psycho" reference of that episode?

damn brother . . . this is some messed up stuff here. Killing off

I honestly don't know what to say. I'm in shock, besides, I really liked Roger . . . this is just messed up. Oh well, least we don't have to watch any more episodes of damn "Mouse Ass" ugh . . . if anything needed to die on this site, that did . . . seriously. I'm glad they got rid of it when they finally did.

... what?

That was . . . bad.

It started off well with the new character and all that, and the dialogue was funny. And, I can see where you were trying to desensitize us and make it seem too over-the-top to be shocking. It kinda worked after a minute of Beth sitting in the back, but that attack was just too shocking and graphic. Not funny.

Martin Clarke:

Erana:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.

This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.

i agree. this was terrible. i liked this series but that just sucked. no laughs, giggles or even a smirk.

im not watching this series anymore...

...JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! There wasn't even a point! And what the hell is wrong with you? Was that last part supposed to be funny? SUICIDE ISN'T FUNNY. There is no precedent for having any sort of message at all in this show. So you had a character kill himself for no reason. Even if this is just some dream sequence or some crap like that, its really really bad taste.

This was the funniest thing ever!...but a bit disturbing....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so funny I really liked it It was really cheery^^

Martin Clarke:

Erana:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.

This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.

Wow, its a cartoon on a website. Don't take it so seriously, besides no one is forcing you to click on it. So just get over yourself.
But, I didn't mind the episode. It was a bit dark, but I did vote to get Bethany killed so guess thats what I get.

This was dark but I laughed, despite its flaws this might have been the first good episode.
"sigh"

1 hour pauses followed by the random conversation is nice...but I won't lie. I laughed. I really did. Something about his brother reminded me of Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killers. But maybe I just like dark humor...but hey that's just me.

On a side note. Those were actually the only two I shot O_o

Sporky111:
That was . . . bad.

It started off well with the new character and all that, and the dialogue was funny. And, I can see where you were trying to desensitize us and make it seem too over-the-top to be shocking. It kinda worked after a minute of Beth sitting in the back, but that attack was just too shocking and graphic. Not funny.

So, the whole selling knives thing (especially ones called the "Hobo Elimnator") is okay but the minute someone is actually killed thats too far. This show has shocking this season, so if you don't like it, don't watch.

THIS WAS FUCKING SICK AND BRUTAL!! AND WHY KILL BETHANY?? SHE WAS COOLER THAN THE OTHER TWO!!

*Sigh* Game Dogs....That was damned awful...I don't condemn violence or anything like that and I'm not the kind of person who shrieks "think of the children!" or anything like that...but that was just plain WRONG!

Sorry but your show's gone way downhill and you lost my respect and admiration. I strongly suggest everyone in the show gets nuked and you just quit while you can...before you do more damage to the dead plot you killed. >:(

umm....I don't get it...I liked Bethany, don't know why she was killed. Yeah...but I'm cool with Roger, we can find a better nerd with super computer skills.

So... The 2 characters that I actually like are dead. -_-

I no longer have a reason to watch.

That was dark...

I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!
-R

That was so dark that it was actualy pretty funny xD
And im glad that you killed ,,whats her name'' coz she was realy anoying

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or