A Handy Glossary of Yahtzee Terms

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Lord_Gremlin:
Whats the deal with calling us fat? I'm not fat... Quite the opposite.

He's conceding the argument, that's what someone is telling you in a debate when they reduce themselves to petty insults.

Casual Shinji:

Irridium:

Casual Shinji:
Yahtzee praising Uncharted?

I bet he's going to be sore in the morning.

He liked the game itself, he just hated Nathan Drake.

I know, but he hates Nathan Drake a lot.

Eventhough he liked the game, to him it must've felt like playing Half-Life 2 as written by Joss Whedon.

I now want to play this. It would either be terrible, or fantastic.

I think Yahtzee's mistake, in the start of the article, is in thinking that religion and fandom are two distinct concepts. In fact, religion is just fandom for particularly old franchises.

Sir John the Net Knight:

Lord_Gremlin:
Whats the deal with calling us fat? I'm not fat... Quite the opposite.

He's conceding the argument, that's what someone is telling you in a debate when they reduce themselves to petty insults.

What argument or debate? That one's just a joke, which I find strange to be pointing out.

ya I could use a bit more fat actually

>_>

<_<

'm not fat.

'm just big-boned.

:P

What the Hell? I think Yahtzee is spying on me... and im not that fat, im working out...

and I actually joked with my friend by actually driving to a store and buying a candybar while he watched a cutscene from FF13. It took me about 15 minutes to and from, I got back and there was still five minute of scene left.

It's cool that he responded to me at the beginning there, but I'm quite disappointed by the response. When I first saw my name when the page loaded, I thought I would have the pleasure of being insulted by him.

God fucking dammit I lost again! Yahtzee, you really are a professional troll!

I guess 60 Kgs are too much. Should really lose some of that weight...

What about triple cunted hookers? I am curious to know if there is any hidden meaning behind that phrase or if it's really what it sounds.

I have to say, that wasn't very cool about that last comment!

Nah I don't care.

... So nothing about Triple Cunted Hookers?

The title mislead me. I thought the article would list commonly uttered Yahtzee-ism's.

Grouchy Imp:
Damn you sir! You make me lose The Game and insult my waistline in the same article? You, sir, are no gentleman!

This. Lol'd pretty hard. Two very seperate things I could not have expected less from this article.

A good list, perhaps I'll print it out so I can have it handy every time I watch ZP.

Fat and pumpkin shaped WoW players XD

Thank goodness for decades of reading and having a distinctly unamerican taste in humor and literature.

While your ability to work in making me lose The Game was clever, you seem to have confused "fat" with it's complete opposite, namely "rather scrawny". Specicially, 5'10" (177.8 cm) and 120lbs (54.4310 kg).

Immersive:
Invisible walls all over Fallout New Vegas that were noticeably absent from Fallout 3.

Kind of a fluffy article, but it had some good points in there.

I am neither fat nor have I lost the Game. I refuse to play.
Also, I enjoyed the comment about Final Fantasy XIII.

You don't mean me, right? I mean, I'm also a skinny Brit - you're talking to Americans, yes?

Sir John the Net Knight:
I'm fat? Well you sir, are fat and ugly. Also, your hat is stupid.

I think Yahtzee has reached a new low. Trying to give us a vocabulary lesson like a cheesed off English prof who's run out of tea and then tagging it with a schoolyard insult. I'd post another pic of The Fonz, but it doesn't even seem to be worth the bother, at this point.

I think I'll go play FFXIII.

Are you honestly taking him seriously? :D

Wow...

On-topic: A fun read, and informative too. And oh, I'm 170cm and 50kg. I wish I was anywhere close to "fat", because being skinny is annoying. :D

See, this is funny. Yahtzee is actually funny when he isn't saying "This sucks, here's why..."

Sadly, that seems to be why everyone finds him funny.

Stop that fat thing. I got enough of that in elementry school.

lol i was kinda let down, as i thought it would be a list of his funny british swear-words.

still good, though.

Interesting... Confucius once said, " explain the meaning of your words, define them ".

Lol. Insulting the audience huh Yahtzee?

Well, considering your pictures, if I'm fat, then you're morbidly obese. ;p

Of course, even commenting on this is the height of stupidity, since you're just doing it to live up to your reputation as a colossal jerk.

Which is why I don't regard your opinion as something worth listening to.

IAM A 67 KG KARATETEKA AND I COULD KICK YOUR ASS YAHTZEE.. Just kidding, I think Yahtzee is making me reach some kind of point here. I mean, if videogames have the luck of becoming more widespread and mature, we will stop seeing so many " conventional games " ( FPS\RPG etc) and start seeing more Interactive Experiences, using many of the already proven methods like fps\3d person view... Lets look at chess, no matter how intricate and artistic the board or the pieces are , its experience will always be one of logic and moving pieces. A game , like a book or movie, will be able to transcend this limitation, and throw the rules out, howeever it will cease to be a "videogame" . I suggest all of you interested in this to view some of the mods for half life 2 from The Chinese Room team, like Dear Esther and Korsakovia, both mods are better than many crap that comes out today. They are both deep and enjoyable, but also try to be more...

What you are. You are fat.

So speaketh the Yahtzee, may he live forever, and always display the accuracy shown then.

CrystalShadow:
Lol. Insulting the audience huh Yahtzee?

Well, considering your pictures, if I'm fat, then you're morbidly obese. ;p

Of course, even commenting on this is the height of stupidity, since you're just doing it to live up to your reputation as a colossal jerk.

Which is why I don't regard your opinion as something worth listening to.

You're a bit defensive... Trying to compensate for something? Anyway, he was joking- no need to take it so literally.

I love your British colloquialisms. The Aussies and Brits know each other all too well, lets just leave the Yanks behind.

Heyyy! I am not fat! I just have a small belly... Well, ok, it's not that small, but whatevA! So anyways, yeah, helpful, kthx.

Sir John the Net Knight:
I'm fat? Well you sir, are fat and ugly. Also, your hat is stupid.

I think Yahtzee has reached a new low. Trying to give us a vocabulary lesson like a cheesed off English prof who's run out of tea and then tagging it with a schoolyard insult. I'd post another pic of The Fonz, but it doesn't even seem to be worth the bother, at this point.

I think I'll go play FFXIII.

This coming from the man who chucked a gigantic hissy fit when Yahtzee called Aeris/Aerith or whatever her name is, a flaky bint, swore he would never watch or listen to Yahtzees opinion on anything again because apparentlly he is the personification of all that is evil and yet keeps coming back to comment each week.

Yeah your opinion matters alright

This has always been one of the reasons why I prefer Yahtzee's reviews to any other site (The other being that he isn't an ADD child who'll rate with a 7 everything that doesn't make his TV blow up). The terms he uses seem amorphic and at limes even tongue-in-cheek, but still, it all makes sense when put altogether. It might sound a bit "too big scale comprehensive", but it really gives a nice insight on the nature of the game. I'm fine with it.

Well, it is true that Space Invaders invented the cover mechanic....

Well considering I'm pretty scrawny it was a nice experience to be called fat for once.

Well i've never had a problem understanding what Yahtzee says. But then again it might be all the valley girls living in my hometown. Oh and im not fat! I've actually lost quite a lot of weight since moving out ;-)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here