Critical Miss: Trolling for Justice

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

ever heard of a site called 4chan?

I was already grinning as I was reading, but when I got to the second last panel...

Awesome comic, keep them coming!

"I would like the court to recognize that he totally mad."
Made my day, and I only just woke up.

Grey Carter:
I never thought I'd end up agreeing with Scalia, a man who has some views I'd call reprehensible

U mad bro?

OT: good comic and I'm glad to see that not all trolls go to jail, some can use their trolliness for the good of gamerkind

Well, this is funny - too bad Scalia's vision of US law and the Constitution could easily lead us into a corporate-controlled pseudo-theocracy. Other than that, he's a swell guy.

You're playing Saints Row 2. Bad ass.

Good comic too.

U MAD, Son

Best fucking part...

The really crazy thing is, I'm listening to the arguments being made while reading this. You wouldn't expect the ammount of laughing going on during this hearing.

This strip is hands down the best comic in the series. Absolutely perfect execution! I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.

"I would like the court to recognise that he totally mad."

The other judges in the final panel are just awesome.

Epic lvls of Trolling! XD o man coming from a Justice, I don't believe you can troll any harder! XD

Jesus Phish:
The second last panel.

Absolutly brilliant.

I laughed so hard at that the neighbors got mad. I want a T-Shirt with Scalia's troll-face on it!

I really expected the judge to an anonymous but the troll face was even better.

HAHHAHA, so you gonna ban mudkips too? ;D Id say your comic is most certainly deviant, perhaps we should ban it aswell?

BlueInkAlchemist:

The Rogue Wolf:
If this had actually happened, it would have, in one fell swoop, restored every last ounce of faith I had ever had in the American legal system.

Ah well. I'll have to content myself that at least the first half of the dialogue is completely factual.

Seconded.

We do need more socially aware judges. I love the idea of a trolling judge.

Thirded. I don't even think that is a word

This is how the judges should have reacted to this case. It is such an absurd case that it deserves an absurd reaction.

Saltyk:

BlueInkAlchemist:

The Rogue Wolf:
If this had actually happened, it would have, in one fell swoop, restored every last ounce of faith I had ever had in the American legal system.

Ah well. I'll have to content myself that at least the first half of the dialogue is completely factual.

Seconded.

We do need more socially aware judges. I love the idea of a trolling judge.

Thirded. I don't even think that is a word

This is how the judges should have reacted to this case. It is such an absurd case that it deserves an absurd reaction.

Fourthed isn't a word either, but that's not stopping me from using it.

If California would challenge the Constitution more, we'd be sure to get even better comics.

Don't look now, dawg; you just got Scalian'd!

Nice troll face, made me laugh.

Wow, that was great. I love the fact that a decent part of the dialogue was from the actual case. Although it would be awesome if one of the judges started trolling the anti-video game side.

I wonder, how does one not feed a troll when one must talk to said troll? A most interesting predicament.

Man if I ever get into politics or law or something like this, I'm using Internet even if its just to confuse the shit out of my opponent.

Well done comic.

Onyx Oblivion:
I was still more shocked about Rush Limbaugh defending games.

But this judge is pretty cool.

I must agree with this completely. It came as a violent shock. THought Rush Limbaugh is still a pretentious prick who pulls whatever handy "facts" he needs out of his ass in order to attempt to make some resemblence of a point. You'd think this would lower our credibility, but he's got such a huge following in America is doens't matter...

OT: Loved the comic, it's really quite wonderful. He really is trolling

Troll Faec 4 teh Winzors!

All I have to say is that this comic is wonderful. Thank you, Cory and Grey.

Well, I still think Scalia is a horrible person, but I now officially understand why some people really like him.

I'd never thought I'd see Ginsburg, Thomas, and Scalia all cheering for the same thing...

what this made me think is i need to play more saints row.

Oh, that was hilarious. The judge trolling. Still, he has a point on how silly this law is.

I hope to god we win this case.

first panel: Saints Row. BOOM! I win

yeah, and i hate all trolls, especially since i have been trolled on and its not fun...

...Umm...wow, that actually happened? 0_0

...God, the only thing that could make this funnier is footage of the conversation. :D

i remember laughing at this when i was reading the transcript but this just made it 100 times more awesome.
this is one amazing comic strip i hope he somehow see's this just to see how awesome it was XD

Great comic!

Scalia: I'm not concerned about the jury judging. I'm concerned about the producer of the games who has to know what he has to do in order to comply with the law. And you are telling me, well a jury can - of course a jury can make up its mind, I'm sure. But a law that has criminal penalties has to be clear. And how is the manufacturer to know whether a particular violent game is covered or not?

I'm so very happy there are people who are reasonable about video games in this world.

Are we winning the court case?

Grey Carter:
So this morning, California asks this Court to adopt a rule of law that permits States to restrict minors' ability to purchase deviant, violent video games that the legislature has determined can be harmful to the development -

Justice Antonin Scalia: What's a deviant - a deviant, violent video game? As opposed to what? A normal violent video game?

Morazzini: Yes, Your Honor. Deviant would be departing from established norms.

Scalia: There are established norms of violence?

Morazzini: Well, I think if we look back -

Scalia: Some of the Grimm's fairy tales are quite grim, to tell you the truth.

Morazzini: Agreed, Your Honor. But the level of violence -

Scalia: Are they okay? Are you going to ban them, too?

Morazinni: Not at all, Your Honor.

And just think, the pain for their argument is just beginning.

Truth be told, it really *does* sound like that hahah. But then again...they had that Senator Yee do his trollface in responce to all the smashed controllers so...I guess tis only fair to have Scalia do one back here. :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here