LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

I love landfall decks. Know that I think about it I think 12 standard and 6 legacy decks might be a little much. :/

Damn fine episode. I actually started playing a few weeks back, and my pure white deck is the despair of most of my buddies. Lots of cheap, weak creatures pumped up.

With True Conviction. Oh yeah.

Gorillaz shirt FTW.

Graham_LRR:

MaxFan:
Also, this sketch is strictly better than Storm Crow, there's even one in it. (check out the comments on the 9th Edition one if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

I'm so glad someone noticed the Storm Crow! We made a point of getting it in there.

It so overpowered.

How is Storm Crow overpowered?

It costs 1 more than Suntail Hawk, and it only have 1 more toughness. You could play two Suntails to your opponent's Storm Crow.

Or is this just some joke I'm missing out on?

This reminds me why i never started, the rules crushed me flat, and I used to play 3rd gen 40k.

Man I love commodore hustle, even though everything you guys do is funny, CH takes the money every time... (I don't care for Magic but I've been listening to your podcasts enough to take a stab at this bad pun) It's the mythic rare of your deck/shows...

I suppose thats the official farewell to Tim then, its a shame, I miss the big guy already. Who will be there with a goofy smile now?
Anyone watching crapshots will tell you that alex's smile is just creepy... but in a good way...

Oh and the ICP references nearly killed me.

Spudgun Man:
This reminds me why i never started, the rules crushed me flat, and I used to play 3rd gen 40k.

The basic rules are super easy to understand. The golden rule is that if a card and a rule contradict, the card wins. All you really need to do is read the cards and know the order of a turn's phases.

nice Sam and Fuzzy shirt Matt! i really want to get that... oh and i have the same Gorillaz shirt when i went to a concert of them

Vortigar:
You guys only play type-2?

Not always. We play Highlander as well, and the Type-2 decks are for FNM. Amongst our group, I think we generally play with newer cards, but anything from original Mirrodin onwards is fine.

Double A:

It most certainly is.
Storm Crow is so painfully average that it's gained this hilarious joke mythos as an overpowered card.
Check out the comments for the 9th Edition printing here: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83282
They're a riot.

Double A:

Graham_LRR:

MaxFan:
Also, this sketch is strictly better than Storm Crow, there's even one in it. (check out the comments on the 9th Edition one if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

I'm so glad someone noticed the Storm Crow! We made a point of getting it in there.

It so overpowered.

How is Storm Crow overpowered?

It costs 1 more than Suntail Hawk, and it only have 1 more toughness. You could play two Suntails to your opponent's Storm Crow.

Dude how could you not see how OP storm crow is? It's insane. Name me one other blue creature with flying at 2 mana...

Haha... I'm fairly certain it's a joke. Storm Crow is terrible.

Ah... Magic. It wasn't about winning. It was about building themes! My rabid wombat deck wasn't meant to win, but to feed him as many enchantments before I died... Or role playing with my pure wall deck. Saying, "Scruvy scum, you'll break my walls with your pathetic killer bees, for I have... FLYING WALLS! I will outlast your kind for the next century or end of lunch!"

i am not going to read all 10 pages to get the answer to this , so i am sorry iof this has been asked /answerd already.....WTF is a kitty planwalker

YES!! Another CH !
Been waitng for CH for ages, my favourite LRR series!

I never really cared for Magic... actively resented it for a spell in the 90s... but this video made me laugh. So it speaks to the converted AND us heathens. Hooray!

Just some quality Commodore Hustling up in this video. ("Mostly magnets." "How do THEY work?" Heh.)

Yay! More commodore hustle! Great card game montage!

Onyx Oblivion:

I prefer to use Blue Decks...Even if I lose, I've pissed you off canceling your shit.

lol, I'm the same way. i have a deck thats ALL CANCELS. I can't actually win, but it take a hell of a long time to beat me.

This reminds me when I used to have tons of Pokémon cards back in the day (still have them somewhere) but never had anyone to play outside of my family. Though im very tempted to get WoW cards even if its just for the rare drops - anyone know if they are any good?

i never played magic... good vid though!

The best video they have ever done.

The urge to find them and play them is overwhelming.

It helps that I actually DID make a kitty deck before I saw this :P.

This is the best episode of Loading Ready Run I have ever seen! Awesome job guys.

Kathleen is hilarious in this one ! xD

Bravo, lady and gentlemen. I'm sorely tempted to see what Steam can offer me in MTG...

I have played Magic Card in about 6-7 years and has spend over 2000 $ on cards, at least -_-; but I have a large group of friends to play with, so I guess the Money is well spend.

Great video, but he got beaten waaaay to easy by the cat deck ;)

Oh man...as a magic lover this really hit the spot.

There needs to be a "Of course, there's magic all up in this bitch" t-shirt.

Fuck yeah, Yellowjacket!

When I saw the pawnshop in the background I was like "Oh thats interes-EHWHAAAAT?!"

Am I strange for loving Magic, but never actually playing it with anyone? (I'd like to, but no one in the area plays it.)

Tree709:

Onyx Oblivion:
I prefer to use Blue Decks...Even if I lose, I've pissed you off canceling your shit.

lol, I'm the same way. i have a deck thats ALL CANCELS. I can't actually win, but it take a hell of a long time to beat me.

In theory, if they went first, you might be able to mill them by normal drawing, in which case, you'd win. If they had cards that caused them to draw more, you'd win quicker.

Agent Monocle:
Ah... Magic. It wasn't about winning. It was about building themes! My rabid wombat deck wasn't meant to win, but to feed him as many enchantments before I died... Or role playing with my pure wall deck. Saying, "Scruvy scum, you'll break my walls with your pathetic killer bees, for I have... FLYING WALLS! I will outlast your kind for the next century or end of lunch!"

I will sooner lose than break theme.

Making a good deck is easy, making a good deck that looks good is hard :p.

I hope Escapist has a contest in the future that results in the winner playing Graham Magic.

I'd be all up in that, taking first place like a champion.

Then I'd kill 2 birds with one stone.

1) I'd get to meet Graham.
2) I'd finally get to play someone magic again (slim pickings in my part of California).

I'm officially leaving this thread because the more I see it the happier I get.

Too much happy not good for getting to sleep on time.

Gah! Don't even try to tempt me back into that game.

Heh, that's pretty much how magic (which, by the way is everywhere) works.

SO how much did Wizards pay you for that promotional video? :P :P

My inner wizard loved this to bits! Also I'd love to own an Angry Kitty deck. :3

Tim!!!...awww

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or