Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

liked it, too short, more of a challenge on Unleashed mode but still is better than any of the clone wars shit lucas is so fucking rapped up in at the mo!

I'm shocked by the intelligence of stormtroopers, after watching me kill 20 of his friends through decapitation,electrocution, pushing into walls and forced suicide he still stood there and slowly shot at me

So right on the money again.

..and i still like star wars, just none of the crap that came out since the phantom menace movie+game.

That new SW MMO is probably gonna suck balls as well.

I would add Star Wars Battlefront/2 to the right side of the see-saw.

I still like Star Wars. Not Force Unleashed, as first it wouldn't come to the PC with retarded excuses, and by the time it did, everybody knew it was crap. So the gamer in me actually hates Star Wars, but I still, like, watch the Clone Wars. No really, I do.

Who likes Star Wars anymore?

Me and countless others who enjoy stepping into that bizarre Galaxy. No franchise can go for this many incarnations without some stinkers and that goes doubly so given the current age and sanity of its founder and your current expectations. Not trying to defend the Prequel Trilogy or anything, but I'd think twice before lumping everything else Star Wars into the same bucket as that... thing. Read Star by Star, Destiny's Way or Heir to the Empire then we'll talk about books. End rant.

Wasn't planning on getting this anyway for reasons above, but it almost sounds like you want an angry storm of fan mail blasted into your face for this. Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels between this and The Old Republic there's Lightsaber/Force Power overkill. Oh well. Free publicity, all you have to do is insult a global franchise like Doctor Who based on one of it's less celebrated installments. It's like magic!

I for one thought if the devlopers dealt with the bugs and issues of the first game we could have had a good game. Sadly that is not the case of course our first hint is when they made the trailer with no actually game play... Ugh

And Yahtze yes I still like Starwars... in concept, the sci-fi world is great with jedi powers and such abound. What is shit is the story and quality of the product recently coming from the gaping maw from Lucasarts. Serisouly, it's like there a girl who has been ridden by too many fanboys and now they'll just let anything out of it since that's good enough....

This review was all kinds of awesome :D George "franchisacide" Lucas needs to let the IP DIE already.

unacomn:
I would add Jedi Outcast to the list of three things good about the Star Wars franchise. As for TFU 2, the only way they could have made it good was if half way trough, Kyle Katarn showed up out of nowhere and murdered Starkiller with his fists.
Anything less is, well, is the final product.

Here's to you mate.
The Jedi Knight games and at some points the Jedi Academy games are the only Star -Wars based games I enjoyed.
Well...Rogue Squadron for the N64 was pretty decent, and the battlefront games are pretty fun with friends.

I feel like I want my money back for buying this game.

Slimshad:
Why have you been reviewing these kinds of games? Like you said in your EP, they're repetitive, and stink of filler before the Christmas season. Review some old games, at least they would be a trifle entertaining.

Agreed. Why not review less popular games that are actually fun to play. I'd give you a list of games I think should be reviewed, but I think I'll put out the flames before they're posted. >.>

was it really necessary to diss ALL fans of a franchise? such generalization of any series is kind of...
well okay his dick level increase might be his cry for help ("please let me move on and do something other than these weekly videos...")

oh well lol
gotta say, my review of FU2 wasn't too different
repetitive boss fights, fun overpowered powers that could have been used more...and as I was fighting Darth Vader I kept thinking "oh god let this end already...this part of the game really causes it to lose points"

and btw Half-Life 2...I still can't get the motivation to finish it. just not that entertaining.

eyedonutkair:

Slimshad:
Why have you been reviewing these kinds of games? Like you said in your EP, they're repetitive, and stink of filler before the Christmas season. Review some old games, at least they would be a trifle entertaining.

Agreed. Why not review less popular games that are actually fun to play. I'd give you a list of games I think should be reviewed, but I think I'll put out the flames before they're posted. >.>

Well didn't Yahtzee say that people didn't like it when he talked positively about a game, like his review of Psychonauts. Most people enjoy watching a game get torn to shreds.

I remember when I played the demo for the first one. Never have I mehed more at anything in my life.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is in my opinion the best game ever made. Loved KOTOR too, and I didn't dislike Republic Commando or Battlefront, but all SW games have been worse and worse since then. The whole franchise has since after the original trilogy.

Definitely not going to play this one.

I just don't get this game, honestly. Force Unleashed was at least an interesting concept. This feels... generic. It's basically Prototype with Jedi powers and no people eating. And more copies of the same guy. And a lot shorter. And with a Yoda cameo.

I think that the bigger insult ... than Lucas Arts sticking their penis in my ear and asking me to pay $70 for it ... was EB games giving me the grand total of $27 trade in just three days after release (that is the game release and not what Lucas Arts did in my ear)

Yes, yes GameSpot/EB are evil ..... But, BestBuy was only paying $21

Grrrrrr!!!!

I somehow think that shooting lightning in this game just makes you weaker. Like Vader didn't put any points in to force lighting and instead dumped it all in to health while you stupidly squandered all yours in to shiny powers leaving you weak as a dog.

Mind you the emperor did put one point in to force lightning just for shits and giggles.

Yahtzees exaggerating slightly: I'd say only about a third, maybe half of the Star wars franchise is shit. Not that thats a good thing...

In any case, Star Wars needs to stop. The more shit Lucas pumps out, the deeper he digs everyone involved.

This review was funny, informative and true.
Still, it's a crap load of easy trophies, and what am I if not a whore?
Well...not a whore I guess. Still haven't 100% WoF.

But I digress!
I may get this game in about a year when it's worth almost nothing.
Or maybe 2 weeks when it'll probably have that same value.

diggy140892:
I have to agree that this game is the biggest insult to Star Wars fans, WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!

It's in video game limbo with half life three and the sequal to the megaman legends game.

I still like Star Wars. I justify this statement because I enact the law of discontinuity on everything that was made Star Wars related after Return of the Jedi.

PureIrony:
The more shit Lucas pumps out, the deeper he digs everyone involved.

I imagine what his portfolio would be like if he continued to make original movies like American Graffitti and THX 1138.

This review reminded me of something I always tend to gripe about. Why the hell does every Space Station/Larger Scale Ship seem to have a large chasm somewhere on it?

well i do still like star wars, due to kotor 1 and 2, and battlefront 2

jedi academy and jedi outcast are good, and if they used the same basic combat but updated it with fresh visuals and force powers like the force unleashed they could really make a good game, but i doubt that will ever happen so my confidence in star wars has dropped quite a bit.

diggy140892:
I have to agree that this game is the biggest insult to Star Wars fans, WHERE IS BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Thhis^. Battlefront was awesome, more please.

Yahtzee you forgot something on the good pile; X-wing, Tie-fighter and X-wing Vs Tie Fighter.

If two constants in life are death and taxes at least one more is that Star Wars will always sell. Sad thing is that LucasArts has had some serious problems for a long while now...just look at how many times their corporate drama has been in the news in the last 6 months. Don't get me wrong, there always will be crappy Star Wars games (there are always crappy games, period), but if they got their act together and decided on a solid direction at least we'd continue to have the occasional bright spot. Sadly, this isn't likely to happen when TFU2 will sell through the roof.

There was a time when I was pretty much willing to run out and buy almost any Star Wars game, but I'm willing to wait on TFU2 until it is in the bargain bin. God knows they'll just release a collector's edition with all of the DLC on-board anyway.

Nice video Yahtzee, although there were too many chairs for my liking. o_O Maybe throw in an ottoman or two next time.

to be fair i thought sonic 4 was ok...

Well, I liked the first one LOADS :D I loved it, over 100 hours of play time...but this...this wasn't as good. Still, as a standalone game, its okay. Short game for amzing graphics and excellet sound etc.

Mangue Surfer:

Kristoffer Sivertsen:
Am I the only one who thinks Battlefront is shit?

No.
It's just a poor man's Battlefield 1942. Things are so unbalanced and clunky in this game.

Thank you!

Mangue Surfer:

Kristoffer Sivertsen:
Am I the only one who thinks Battlefront is shit?

No.
It's just a poor man's Battlefield 1942. Things are so unbalanced and clunky in this game.

Agreed. I bought the first one because seriously, Battlefield: Star Wars sounds AWESOME. But it was so clunky, the graphics looked terrible, and it smelled of the ugly stench of console port.

I wasn't interested in this game. I thought the first one got terrible reviews, I was surprised when I saw a second one coming out.

Star Wars eh, what a mess.

Lightsabers are probably the only thing that's still cool about it.

It's sad that the review of his that I like the best is of a game that I was hoping would actually be good. This was the game that would have decided if Kinect was worth it, and Yahtzee was supposed to be the messenger.

Still, a hilarious review.

Star wars on the SNES is better than FU 1-2 0-o

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook