Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Ridiculous In-Game Vehicles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Oh Glottis... Glottis! How I miss you so... well, at least until the next time I reinstall Grim Fandango! :D

Another superb video Lisa! Could you imagine being driven around in a Rickshaw at breakneck speeds?

Your hair was nicely done in this video, and the corset looks great. And don't worry, if you thought it was a motorcycle then it still is! =)

I enjoyed the glimpse of Chuck Greene tearin' it up in the beginning of your video.

MelasZepheos:
argrargleblarg she's a horrible excuse for feminity and is only using her sex because she knows that it will entice the hopeless nerds that make up the escapist.

You guys do realise that making comments like that implies that you are a hopeless shutin nerd who immediately notices such things as a hot chick instead of the video itself? Someone who isn't a hopeless social reject might make note of the fact that yes, she is attractive, but only someone who is convinced every example of femininity is an attempt to trick him will make such a big deal out of it.

As a side note, I love the people who claim to be asexual who come onto videos like this specifically to comment about how little she turns them on. Great, we get it, you don't believe in love or sex or any of that stuff, it hasn't been interesting since the late nineties, you're as pathetic as someone who goes on about sex all the time.

Anywho, I had a point here, there it is.

I like the videos, I like the presenter, I like the topics she's chosen so far, and I hope she will be a member of the Escapist for many years to come.

BLAARGGGH PEOPLE HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME THEY'RE STUPID.

I don't really see how looking over something makes you a shut in nerd. Or come off as one. It's hard to ignore when it's extremely blatant. And apparently those people believe that it has no value beyond that, so whats the issue? It's not like they scrutinized it for forever, 99% of the people who cry pandering probably found little other value in the video. Just to be clear, i'm not saying it's because she's attractive that she can't like games, it's just all the pandering tends to make me believe thats the sole value, and all other facts where gained from google.

But I can agree about the Asexual people, though I haven't noticed any yet.

A 140BHP Ducati? Pfft, weaksauce... you should check out the Hayabusa Turbo with 500BHP, it's mere existence is breaking laws.

This has definitely improved since episode 1. More focus on content, better employment of humour. Pacing is still a little bit off, but it's definitely feeling more polished now.

zelda2fanboy:
Why is it that the second nerds see a pretty girl talking about video games, they freak out and do everything they can to discredit her based off of her words or appearance? I know I have lady issues myself, but what's all of your guy's (or gal's) problem? See for example, Jessica Chobot, Morgan Webb, Olivia Munn, Rinry Game Game, or that chick from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

Don't be afraid. Those women are just in your computer. They can't really hurt you.

My problem is when I see a pretty girl pretending to talk about video games while either reading off of a script badly or pandering copious amounts of sex appeal.

The worst experience was watching a preview for Endwar where 3 clueless women basically mashed the controller for 10 minutes... it was painful to watch.

This is the third episode of Lisa that I have seen. I feeling insecure because I think she plays more video games than I have. Plus she is hotter than I am. What the heck?! That is a travesty. Video games are for the unattactive, nerds, geeks, to come to when they have no life. She shouldn't have that problem. /sarcasm off

or maybe, she is one of many tools for these big corporations to get video games into positive mainstream light like movies/films. /paranoia off

/joking off

Sexy and educational indeed! Another great video who've done.

Rebecca Maye+Lisa Foiles=mind blows from sexyness.

Quote from Zack84

This girl's delivery is annoying in the extreme. She's not funny and whoever writes her lines is brain-dead. Cute though, and I can only hope she's more clever in person.

Why did this guy get suspended?

Aren't we allowed to criticize the videos here on the escapist?

This.

MelasZepheos:
argrargleblarg she's a horrible excuse for feminity and is only using her sex because she knows that it will entice the hopeless nerds that make up the escapist.

You guys do realise that making comments like that implies that you are a hopeless shutin nerd who immediately notices such things as a hot chick instead of the video itself? Someone who isn't a hopeless social reject might make note of the fact that yes, she is attractive, but only someone who is convinced every example of femininity is an attempt to trick him will make such a big deal out of it.

As a side note, I love the people who claim to be asexual who come onto videos like this specifically to comment about how little she turns them on. Great, we get it, you don't believe in love or sex or any of that stuff, it hasn't been interesting since the late nineties, you're as pathetic as someone who goes on about sex all the time.

Anywho, I had a point here, there it is.

I like the videos, I like the presenter, I like the topics she's chosen so far, and I hope she will be a member of the Escapist for many years to come.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with this series, in my opinion. It's light-hearted. I love me a top 5 of anything, mainly so I can say "Hey, how come this wasn't in the list?" or "Yeah, I agree with that one."

She's doesn't make me laugh as much as Zero Punctuation or Unskippable do, but she's attractive, pleasant enough to listen to, and knows games, so she earns my respect for that.

WestMountain:
Quote from Zack84
snip

Why did this guy get suspended?

Aren't we allowed to criticize the videos here on the escapist?

Apparently we're allowed to criticize, just not "be a jerk" about it. There's a fine line between the two, so I'm still a bit confused as to how come some people are suspended and some aren't.

Nojh:
I'm curious. What about "I Hit It With My Axe" did you feel made it unwatchable, if you don't mind me asking?

I know for my part I just find "I Hit It With My Axe" boring. And I'm not blaming the participants--I think most of them are actually into it and enjoying themselves. I've certainly played with less enthusiastic people myself. I just think the format doesn't work. D&D doesn't really work as a spectator sport, especially in heavily-edited 10 minute segments (I've been to enough cons to know that). I like what I've read by Zak Sabbath on DMing, but I can't watch it in action.

But I don't mind Lisa so far. The show's no less pointless than Top 5 or 10 lists anywhere else on the web, but at least she's mostly entertaining.

To link a grey Ducati is a crime against nature, Ducati's are only to be red. Or Pearl white which the 848 comes in. I am in the market for this bike, it is my dream machine!

WestMountain:
Quote from Zack84

This girl's delivery is annoying in the extreme. She's not funny and whoever writes her lines is brain-dead. Cute though, and I can only hope she's more clever in person.

Why did this guy get suspended? Aren't we allowed to criticize the videos here on the escapist?

There's a difference between criticizing and insulting, methinks. It's in the New Rules.

Have Respect for the Site and its Content
We put a lot of work into the content on the site, and if you've just shown up to trample on that hard work, we will remove your comments and ask you to leave. Constructive criticism is welcomed; negativity for its own sake is not. Further, discussions instructing or otherwise advocating the circumvention of The Escapist's advertisements, security mechanisms, media protections or similar facilities will not be tolerated.

Lisa Foiles:
Mini-copters? Rickshaws? UFOs?! In this Top 5, Lisa rolls her eyes at the most ridiculous ways of getting around in video games.

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person, surely it should be "I roll my eyes"?

I suspect the frightning truth is that this topic is in fact posted by Russ Pitts in a blonde wig!

While she tries a little too hard at times, I find her funny and cute.

orc1231515:
i'd say that the leviatan from Unreal Tournament is a lot more ridiculus than that gyro daddy

why not the scorpion buggy with it's retractable razors that cuts deep into crowded areas?

i loved the Bone Wagon btw...

There's no love for Carmageddon anymore.

Now back to all the people complaining about the hot girl pandering to the nerds. Doesn't matter that a simple fucking google search will tell you she's been playing games longer than most people on this site and has a whole load of video/website stuff out there (see Angry Joe Show, Save Point etc). But since when do facts matter on the internet? It's far more fun to hate things which no one forces you to watch and try to invent a moral highground to take.

Steambroom:
Damn I thought The Deuce from Brütal Legand would be in there.

I mean it cant get any more awesome than that..

Absolute agreement.
"Ya gotta slam it into g- hoohoohoo! Looks like it's workin already!"
-Revs Engine-
"You've awakened the spirit of the beast himself!"
-Back at the Funny Farm starts playing-
"I hope so!"

Druid Plow FTW.

Anyone for the Duece from Brutal Legend?

Humanfactor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91t1RHQxxbY&feature=related

Tell me this is not top 5 material.

I wonder, who would emerge triumphant from a motorcycle duel between Dante and Jeanne. Though I suppose if Bayonetta got a mention three episodes in a row, there would be suspicions.

On the subject of crazy vehicles, it may not be from a game, but still:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_d4CSKx4a-CU/S7--sG2VshI/AAAAAAAABlg/1NRFa1DRDW8/s1600/-1.jpg

Plus, anything with a name like Anglo-Parisian Barnstormer is worth a mention, regardless.

Man, chicks really love cars.

I thought this was just a string of girls I'd met who liked cars. Apparently it's nationwide. As someone who doesn't care about cars all that much...well I'm going to have to start knowing a little bit about cars. My go to car until told otherwise, however, is The Lotus Elise. All the girls I know love that car.

You picked a topic that is just ripe for number six votes this week, Lisa. I always thought the Mongoose from Halo 3 was kind of ridiculous.

I don't agree with her choices on this one, but heck this is her opinion on Top 5. It is by no means a definative list.

Oh and Lisa, please ditch the wavy perm thing... The straight hair is way better. Just my opinion...

Casimir_Effect:
There's no love for Carmageddon anymore.

Now back to all the people complaining about the hot girl pandering to the nerds. Doesn't matter that a simple fucking google search will tell you she's been playing games longer than most people on this site and has a whole load of video/website stuff out there (see Angry Joe Show, Save Point etc). But since when do facts matter on the internet? It's far more fun to hate things which no one forces you to watch and try to invent a moral highground to take.

Agreed. Sometimes she is a little awkward, but I never felt it was because she didn't know her material. I found her video at the very least good for a couple unexpected giggles. It might not be as hilarious as LoadingReadyRun, but I certainly wouldn't compare Lisa to I Hit It With My Axe, which I found was just dreary and boring to watch, even as a DnD player. My one criticism would be to maybe tone down the makeup. It does look a little overdone. I've always preferred the natural look. Personally I don't even wear anything more than lipgloss or MAYBE some eyeliner+mascara, but one of my friends mentioned that Lisa could almost pass as a Cullen.

I liked the choices, especially that ridiculous, horribly-handling motorcycle that Travis has. And yes, I will also refuse to call that beast a scooter. Plus I totally dig her choice of Anamaguchi's Penpal as one of the songs in the video.

I like the presentation of the lists, the way the vids are cut and the music selection.

Lisa being so damn cute is just icing on the cake.

I was hoping to see the Mako there ><

Offspring songs are pretty much stuck on repeat whenever you play Crazi Taxi. It gets annoying after a while.

I must replay Grim Fandango now!

+100 for Gary Numan.

Lisa wins the video of the week again!

And the week isn't even over!

3 Months says that she runs out of things to rate.
And Why can Yahtzee say fuck, I can say fuck and Lisa can't say fuck.
It was great with the top 5 eyewear, now shes making refernces with gaming back in the 1990's.
Our memory isn't that good.

GamesB2:

zelda2fanboy:
Why is it that the second nerds see a pretty girl talking about video games, they freak out and do everything they can to discredit her based off of her words or appearance? I know I have lady issues myself, but what's all of your guy's (or gal's) problem? See for example, Jessica Chobot, Morgan Webb, Olivia Munn, Rinry Game Game, or that chick from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

Don't be afraid. Those women are just in your computer. They can't really hurt you.

My problem is when I see a pretty girl pretending to talk about video games while either reading off of a script badly or pandering copious amounts of sex appeal.

The worst experience was watching a preview for Endwar where 3 clueless women basically mashed the controller for 10 minutes... it was painful to watch.

Just to add my 2 cents, Morgan Webb knows NOTHING about ANYTHING.

Casimir_Effect:

What was so special about "this show" that the Escapist just had to have it?!
I mean... there are other, BETTER, top 5's out there; So why hers?

a simple fucking google search will tell you she's been playing games longer than most people on this site

Baby, I've been playing games longer than she's been alive and I bet most of the people on these forums can say the same!

It's far more fun to hate things which no one forces you to watch and try to invent a moral highground to take.

To say "If you don't like it... Don't watch it!" is the biggest, most immature, cop-out going!
Look at "I hit thee with my AXE"; People LOVE to hate that show!
It's probably the only reason to watch it.
(even more than Pinky flash'n her clackers)

I think Oscar Wilde said it best "There is only one thing WORSE than being talked about... And that NOT being talked about."

Hey, Escapist, come clean. Lisa doesn't really WRITE the show, right? She just HOSTS it, correct? Please don't insult our collective intelligence, by pretending she writes it. Because, if she does, it's sad that she can't deliver her own material better and more convincingly :(

Monshroud:
I don't agree with her choices on this one, but heck this is her opinion on Top 5. It is by no means a definative list.

Oh and Lisa, please ditch the wavy perm thing... The straight hair is way better. Just my opinion...

I'm not sure how much better straight hair would be, I doubt it would fit her current wardrobe.

I actually liked Ms. Foiles best during her first video, when she is deciding on an intro sequence. Then she was in charge, she was responsible, she was practical, she was making decisions. This made her more appealing. Plus she was willing to take a pratfall, that was interesting. People love to see a "hero" or "star" fail, fall, or die trying.

My advice, less "frilly" stuff, less "California girl". Loose the "gamer" jewelry, that PS3 controller around her neck is one of the things which makes me think "fake", or "valley girl". I might even go so far as to say to reduce the cleavage.

These girly clothes, and gamer jewelry items appeal to girls. Yet the show itself seems to be marketed at males. As for the content? I don't know. It seems to be written to flirt with its audience. The body language adds to this effect. The body language seems to portray either flirtatiousness, or girl talk. The hair flip/twitches, the hands on the hips, the suckers. Its all over the top cheesiness, that can't stand on its own.

This show either needs more "cheese", or more practical decision making.

"SUCCUMB"

- No, no I've kicked that stuff!

"SUCCUMB, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO"

- Please just let me... ah screw this. Alright where's that copy of Grim Fandango? El Marrow here I come!

mediocre and uninspired
i felt like i was watching an mtv special on video games

misterprickly:

Casimir_Effect:

Snip...

What was so special about "this show" that the Escapist just had to have it?!
I mean... there are other, BETTER, top 5's out there; So why hers?

Up front, this show is well edited, filmed with good equipment and presented by someone with charisma. Also she's someone with a following online and will draw more people to The Escapist - which is important for websites to make money.
Compare this to the "other, BETTER top 5's" which would be shot either in front of a bad webcam (or yet another thing on this site done with static pictures), presented/voiced by someone with little-to-no experience and bringing only a small following of their internet friends (if anyone at all).

...snip...

Baby, I've been playing games longer than she's been alive and I bet most of the people on these forums can say the same!

Good for you, I imagine I have as well even though we're the same age. I did say "longer than most people" though. Last time there was an age poll I think the majority came out in the 13-18 bracket. That is, people most likely to have grown up with a Playstation or N64. She's Nintendo generation, and has the knowledge to back it up.

...snip

To say "If you don't like it... Don't watch it!" is the biggest, most immature, cop-out going!
Look at "I hit thee with my AXE"; People LOVE to hate that show!
It's probably the only reason to watch it.
(even more than Pinky flash'n her clackers)

Then this is something I don't understand. When watching something for the first time, then it's ok to bitch about it. But repeatedly coming back to something you already have a good feeling you don't enjoy is just fucking stupid. Like accidently hitting your head against a wall and going "Ow, that hurt" , then continuing to hit it all the while complaining. If you generally like a show but perhaps don't like an element of a current episode, great - tell the world, give your input. But you wouldn't find me tuning into the X Factor every week then going online saying "It's still shit! And here, after the 1000th episode and having watched every single awful one before, I really fucking expected to enjoy it this time. I'm so betrayed and let down. Woe is me". Once is enough, and that's more times than I can ever be bothered to give anyway.
Guess some people just have way too much spare time.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here