Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Impractical Female Character Hairstyles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

*grin* I was wondering if you'd mention Bayonetta. :)

It all makes sense now, i knew Lisa Foiles looked fermiler.

Glad to see a fermiler face from my childhood! keep up the good work!

Like the part at the end there about Bayonetta. I was originally expecting her on the list at some point due to her body length ponytail. Then I remembered that she used her hair frequently as a weapon. So it would be impractical for her to have short hair. So I guess it's that she made it practical.

LOVED the move she pulled after the Shia Lebeouf joke. Freaking PRICELESS. And I do the "and I didn't think of it until this moment thing" EVERY STUPID TIME I make a prioritized list. Awesome.

I really enjoy these little top fives. They are fun, and your delivery is great. Keep up the good work!

Liberaliter:

ruthimani:
oh great another dumb blonde "girls are only interested in hair in games-hell not the actual games or playing them or anything!" video. lets see.. blonde bimbo-voiced slender conventionally attractive girl talking about guess what. hair. With lots of excessively "girly" language, "martinis are too strong for girls" etc etc Token female employee anyone?
Please escapist recognise that girls play video games and are bored senseless by this kind of bullshit. Its boring and its incredibly patronising. You wouldnt make a guy do this and talk about say Cloud from FF7s hair or accessories would you?

Actually she has her own gaming website and writes for Kotaku, this is just her thing for the videos here on the Escapist.

How does that defend the shallow content of the videos?

Alas, I am inclined to disagree with what I am seeing from my counterparts on the escapist.

I sincerely dislike this show. I find her voice grating, making it ironic that she would so readily comment on the voice quality of a game character. She brings images of barbie girls squealing with disgust at the shallowest end of aesthetic appeal.

He presentation could almost be poignant, were she to stray into somewhat more intensive commentaries. As it stands she waves her hand at what she perceives to be a problem, yelling, "AMIRIGHT?!" I hardly think she intends to come across as my personal troll, but I find her equally annoying were it the case.

alex8039:

Liberaliter:

ruthimani:
oh great another dumb blonde "girls are only interested in hair in games-hell not the actual games or playing them or anything!" video. lets see.. blonde bimbo-voiced slender conventionally attractive girl talking about guess what. hair. With lots of excessively "girly" language, "martinis are too strong for girls" etc etc Token female employee anyone?
Please escapist recognise that girls play video games and are bored senseless by this kind of bullshit. Its boring and its incredibly patronising. You wouldnt make a guy do this and talk about say Cloud from FF7s hair or accessories would you?

Actually she has her own gaming website and writes for Kotaku, this is just her thing for the videos here on the Escapist.

I would say that it doesn't. The point they were trying to make that despite her behavior, she is not "another dumb blonde." I would counter that the context doesn't really change the reality of these videos. Perhaps we can argue that she is being "ironic," however, I would find the humor to be somewhat juvenile if that is the case.

Salad Is Murder:
Sorry Lisa, I just don't think you're very funny; this is the only one that I watched through to the end and even then it kinda' hurt. S'nothing personal, but I can see there isn't anything for me here...back to Extra Credits and Yahtzee for me.[/quot

mr_rubino:

MirrorSweep:
[quote="Dragunai" post="6.252202.9367316"]1st time and last time I ever watch this chicks videos.
The humour is weak, she tries WAY too hard and the content of her movies is just a niche untouched because NO ONE CARES.

I want to point out:

Rikku, Ayumi, the chick from street fighter are all of Japanese Origins and bagging on the japs for making games where the chicks have really eccentric hair is just sad because everyone knows the Japs love their eccentric hair and costumes on characters.

Heres an idea Lisa, talk about things we care about without the breathless feel to the video.

Heres some examples:

The current climate of egos on games such as Black Ops
How much more could Quantum Theory rip off Gears of war
and when will the Wii make a game that isnt a total gimmick

Thankyou! Someone with a freaking brain!
Seriously people, how can you not see how bad of a presenter she really is?
And the content, coupled with the always miss humor makes this easily one of the worst series the escapist has seen.

That's so cute. Someone wants to show off how independent-minded (tm) they are by piggy-backing on someone's post.

*Blink-blink* I sense the irony and sarcasm...

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Jersey Shore bitches know how to brawl.

Anyway, as usual, love the episode, love the outfit, love how adorable you are, Lisa :)

I am approve this week.

Not a bad video by all means, Lisa. I think it makes a welcome and pleasant distraction from all the heavier discussion and ranting about games. Your show is like pudding after one's Sunday Dinner.

I have not laughed so hard in all my life at the ending...seriously Lisa ROCKS!

Bayonetta's was practical, it was kept neat and tidy in a bun. Until she used it to kick ass, but it always returned to it's bun state.

The first video I actually laughed at, aside from the slapstick.

Dragunai:
I want to point out:

Rikku, Ayumi, the chick from street fighter are all of Japanese Origins and bagging on the japs for making games where the chicks have really eccentric hair is just sad because everyone knows the Japs love their eccentric hair and costumes on characters.

You had to point that out, didn't you? You had to go there. Why?

That is something else I'm going to be judging Ms. Foiles videos on now.

mr_rubino:

Salad Is Murder:

mr_rubino:

That's so cute. Someone wants to show off how independent-minded (tm) they are.

Yeah, you're adorable when you try to do that Rubi. ;)

Did you... think that sentence through before you posted? Oh wait I know, as a put-down, it doesn't have to make sense. =P

Laughs are rolling in again. I don't know if that was your intent Salad, but I am grateful none the less.

This is one of the more entertaining shows to me, it also led me to find "everyday Acheivments"

I like your shows!

jump to conclusions, what a game...

I liked this episode pretty good,. The rest were passable in a good enough sort of way.

The top 5 thing is lame, Lisa's hot though.

Clearly the driving force.

dietpeachsnapple:
Alas, I am inclined to disagree with what I am seeing from my counterparts on the escapist.

I sincerely dislike this show. I find her voice grating, making it ironic that she would so readily comment on the voice quality of a game character. She brings images of barbie girls squealing with disgust at the shallowest end of aesthetic appeal.

He presentation could almost be poignant, were she to stray into somewhat more intensive commentaries. As it stands she waves her hand at what she perceives to be a problem, yelling, "AMIRIGHT?!" I hardly think she intends to come across as my personal troll, but I find her equally annoying were it the case.

I award her The "Sarah Palin of gaming"

I really wasn't expecting her to mention Björk. And I admit, I laughed at her shot at Shia LeBeuf (Or however you spell his name.)

Also, Valentina's hair is a bird. Your argument is invalid.

alex8039:

Liberaliter:

ruthimani:

The point I was trying to make, which has obviously gone over your head, is that these videos - whether you like them or not - aren't representative of her work as a whole. You may not like her Top 5, but she's not the 'dumb blonde' you're making her out to be.

I don't know... Bayonetta's hair isn't ENTIRELY impractical... I mean at least she isn't likely to trip over it in a fight like Nariko or Ayumi... it might've made the finishing moves a bit less uncomfortable if she actually wore some underwear... and fitting with the theme, they could've put her in some lingerie or something... but that's more impractical wardrobe than hair style...

beefpelican:

Monshroud:
Ok, I was completely going to rag on you if you had Bayonetta in this top 5 again, not because of the praticality, just for the repeativeness of it.

So is the princess with the bird on her head similar to guys who have the "Duck butt" hair style?

Well she's right...it is very practical.

Also, Duck butt hair? Example?

Here is a good one I guess

I feel dumber just watching this video.

They warned us AND I was ready!

First off... Called it! Even though I said "hairspray"; it STILL counts!

Second: with SOME of the girls, you can't tell they have hair at all 'cause you can't stop staring at the body!

Third: What was with that "I was on TV!" moment?! WHO THE F*CK CARES!

The ONLY thing I liked about this vid was the "Hair" song; I would have been disappointed if they hadn't used it!

Humor is definitely improving. Still a few jokes here and there that fell flat for me and overall I wasn't laughing nearly as hard, but I suspect repeated exposure might be what is making me like this series more than anything you are changing.

The Bayonetta extra at the end was however, well executed comedy and you get applauds for that.

Optimystic:

wulfy42:
Another good video, but still no cat appearances.
Bring back the cat!!

+1

+2

Yes! Can we please see more Samus?

Lots of hate to Ass-Blades, heh Lisa? It is like Yahtzee with JRPGs.

You don't get to criticize triple D's.

My eyes dart in three directions as I watch each vid.

-DOWN (At the epic boobs you flaunt in each vid)
-UP (To see the facial expression after saying something in a certain way)
-LEFT (To see the pictures and videos corresponding to your points)

Down, up, left, down, left, up, down, up, left, up, down, left, etc.

SilentRuss:

Down, up, left, down, left, up, down, up, left, up, down, left, etc.

At least your eyes get some exercise done while you watch that movie.

Another part of me wanted to make a Konami joke reference there but the reward would be messy and might get me banned or at least on probation.

haha i loved all that when i was little haha
nice job i alway thought you look fimiliar =)

Liberaliter:

alex8039:

Liberaliter:

The point I was trying to make, which has obviously gone over your head, is that these videos - whether you like them or not - aren't representative of her work as a whole. You may not like her Top 5, but she's not the 'dumb blonde' you're making her out to be.

Yeah but what I mean is, and I should have expanded on this, how does that mean she's not a 'dumb blond'? For all we know she writes about impractical hairstyles for Kotaku and anyone can own a website. For all we know this is representative of her work, creative people don't fall that far off the wagon.

Did you forget what Roman-numerals are? Do you call FFVIII: Final Fantasy Vee-Aye-Aye-Aye?

piscian:

dietpeachsnapple:

*Blinks* That is... huh... I am trying to decide where to draw the line on this one. Sarah Palin is to politics, as Lisa Foiles is to gaming? >.> STRICTLY in regards to these videos... I would have to agree.

dietpeachsnapple:

piscian:

dietpeachsnapple:

*Blinks* That is... huh... I am trying to decide where to draw the line on this one. Sarah Palin is to politics, as Lisa Foiles is to gaming? >.> STRICTLY in regards to these videos... I would have to agree.

I know it's a low blow but strictly based on your comment the shoe fits - Only vaguely relevant to the medium, perky to the point of vomiting, doesn't want commentary but applause. Yep shoe fits.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here