Trailers: Mass Effect 3 Earth Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Makes sense in relation to the end of the last game.
We knew they had to involve Earth at some point.

I'm seeing more than a close likeness with those VTOLs. Crysis?

My pants...need changing.

Siuki:
Is it just me, or does the Earth Shepard's looking down on look a lot like Reach?

I wish it was since then we'd probably be able to guess who Shepard's new squad would be.

"Garrus use overload on the mechs to the right! Emile draw their fire with the heavy machine gun while I make a push!"

(Shepard leaps out from behind cover with a jetpack and starts unleashing biotic throws in midair)

Zachary Amaranth:
Looks kind of bleh. I don't know, I might have been soured after the last game.

I'm not impressed either, especially when I saw the trailer live the first time, this time I was hoping it was something new (and good).

Anyone with half a brain was capable of guessing exactly what happened in the trailer was going to happen. ME 1, if you pay attention you'll find out you are going to need a large army. Mass Effect 2, you'll find out Reapers are planning to invade Earth (it has nothing to do with ME 2s ending).

And instead of some generic "Seen a dozen times" war-torn landscape, why not have the trailer actually depict the start of the invasion? Cliche as well, but at least more unique than this "Shepard needs to save us" dribble we're fed.

They should of done something like how we were teased back when ME 2 was announced with the trailer with a display reading "Shepard: Deceased", and a lone injured Geth clutching a piece of his trademark N7 armor.

First: Why was this re-posted

Second: WHY WAS THIS RE-POSTED

third: About the reapers walking on the planet, if they slow down enough *IE entering Earths Gravity Well with the ME drives going* then once they reached minimal velocity they could walk around no problem, and I don't think the Reapers would give a flying F*** if they threw earth off its orbit, Hell I would not be surprised if they did. Plus from 2 remember the DERELICT Reaper sitting right next to a Brown Dwarf. *Don't say "DUUURRR we are not all scientist" I only have a GED AND I KNOW THIS BASIC PRINCIPAL, now I will give the flamers time to wiki search and copy and paste the first thing they find*

Forth: Thermal clips.... Okay maybe a system where you could let your gun cool off, or if you need more shots immediately you can jam a new TC into it.

Fifth: Did anyone else think *Is that Zayeed's voice* at the beginning when we did not see anything?

Sixth: yeah things are going to be gray as F*** with destroyed buildings, something I saw 9 years ago, all too well...

Seventh: I liked seeing a lone Scout Sniper taking out enemy's from Big Ben, but I could have done with out the whole "woe is us only Shepard can save us" I understand if people see Shepard as a Hero, Hell He is a bloody icon. *wink* It would have been awesome if the guy was like "well I guess this is the end of everything" and then seeing Shepard getting ready to kick some Reapers' in the NUTS *get it, cause they are mechanical and all.

Eighth: I really hope we can fight with Ashley * honestly who the hell would have saved Alinko* again, and maybe, just maybe her sisters too, it would be F***ing awesome if we get to see 5 Williams females charging into battle.

Ninth: WHY THE F*** WAS THIS RE-POSTED, I got excited because I thought they released a new trailer, but no, just the escapist trying to get more views on a topic *IE ME3* for marketing statistics. But since I viewed it I am just a guilty *sigh*.

EDIT: That was not a "captcha" I guess when anyone has to type a word or 2 into a box they are like OMFGBBQ like why is there a Captcha!!!!!!!, all it was is a box to make sure you read them, or if you didn't read the "How to act like a person and not a total animal" rules, and still typed it in, they could be like "Well you typed in I AGREE in the confirm box, and if you DIDN'T read the rules its not our fault for you being a 8 year old imbecile and getting banned."

This trailer doesnt really do anything for me. Although i think the game will be great.

PureAussieGamer:
This trailer doesnt really do anything for me. Although i think the game will be great.

Agreed.

Trailer was good itself but, still doesnt answer or raise any questions. Oh, except one *thermal clip ejected*. Other than that, I am confident that bioware will not let us down and deliver once again, a great ending to a great series :)

Cpu46:

Irridium:

Cpu46:

Well in the midst of a galactic threat attempting to wipe out humanity you cant have rainbows and flowers popping up all over the place. Im sure that the rest of the game will be colorful and varied.

True, but that doesn't mean everything turns grey. Including the people.

Viewing through a haze of smoke, dust, and ash will distant objects appear grey. When ash settles on stuff it makes the object look grey. I agree that grey is boring and bland but in this case I understand why it was used.

Wtf. CAPTCHA??? since when have their been spammers on the escapist?

Plus, you know, it's London.

SHEPERD! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!

Ahh yes! Reapers..

Team Hollywood:
Mass Effect 3 Earth Trailer

Earth is under assault in Mass Effect 3.

Watch Video

Pants filled excitement set to overdrive... wait they haven't given us a date! Oh no! I have to be excited indefinitely? Nooooooo...

I don't care that I'm not going to buy this game, but I'll be damned if I don't make my best effort to go on wikipedia and find out if London survives or not..

this trailer has actually made me interested in the series, who recommends that I go back and buy the first two..?

EDIT: and the British soldier in this has much more of my appreciation than that bastard, Shepard.. I hope hes (for some unknown reason) the main character..

wow, that actually looks good, maybe ill go back and finish the 1st 2 before it comes out

Lord Kloo:
I don't care that I'm not going to buy this game, but I'll be damned if I don't make my best effort to go on wikipedia and find out if London survives or not..

this trailer has actually made me interested in the series, who recommends that I go back and buy the first two..?

EDIT: and the British soldier in this has much more of my appreciation than that bastard, Shepard.. I hope hes (for some unknown reason) the main character..

Have you played them before?

Polaris19:

Lord Kloo:

No I haven't but I know a few people who have and they say it's very good so I'm not sure whether to buy them or not..

Lord Kloo:

Polaris19:

Lord Kloo:

No I haven't but I know a few people who have and they say it's very good so I'm not sure whether to buy them or not..

They're both dirt cheap now (still can't understand how ME2's price dropped so quickly...). I honestly can't really even say try one then if you like it try 2, because ME1 and ME2, while being very similar in a few technical and story elements, are quite different from each other. The style and story-telling are the same in both but, ME2 has several differences (fuel limits when travelling, "ammo", paragon and renegade events) from ME1. ME2 also trims out most inventory management and introduces researchable upgrades (as well as the awful mining "mini-game).

I love them both, and I really don't have a preference, but for sake of the story, try Mass Effect 1 first. If you aren't loving the story after a bit then feel free to drop it but I encourage you to give them both a chance. They are incredible games, and the storytelling is incredible. The snowballing choices are also cool, and make it clear (in ME2) that your choices are affecting the galaxy.

Polaris19:

Lord Kloo:

Polaris19:

snip

ah thanks for that, just ordered the first one off amazon, something to do until some other game comes out..

...and then I jizzed, in, my pants...

i want the game now its not fair that we have to wait,

Siuki:
Is it just me, or does the Earth Shepard's looking down on look a lot like Reach?

I wish it was since then we'd probably be able to guess who Shepard's new squad would be.

"Garrus use overload on the mechs to the right! Emile draw their fire with the heavy machine gun while I make a push!"

(Shepard leaps out from behind cover with a jetpack and starts unleashing biotic throws in midair)

on the topic of shepards squard bioware said that the squard u have in me2 will most likly be the one you have in me3 so depending on who dies depends or whom you replace (samara) determines who you have.

Irridium:
Not too happy about all the grey. Grey is boring and bland. And hopefully your choices actually have some consequence in this game.

I'm sure the game itself will be just as colorful as usual.

Bioware probably just wants to hook in the CoD audience by showing a gritty trailer.

Fr]anc[is:
He ejected a thermal clip.

Fuck

*nods* yea, I have mixed feelings on that too. Sometimes I miss the setup from the first game where guns just overheat but sometimes I like being able to cycle through my ammo fast and not worry about that like in the second. (but I hate looking for ammo)

Oooh! Mass Effect 3! Who do we get to sex-it-up with this time??

...I miss Tali *sniff*

Wondermint13:
Oooh! Mass Effect 3! Who do we get to sex-it-up with this time??

...I miss Tali *sniff*

We all do my friend...we all do.

So...its the reapers, AGAIN.

Seriously am i the only one getting bored of the reapers as antagonists? Is it right to assume we will also be shooting up Geth? Bioware aren't bad story writers, actually they are excelent story writers, but im sensing a little lack of creativity here... why cant there be a threat to the universe, that isnt the reapers...oh well i guess im getting to worked up, seeing as it is the last game and all.

epikAXE:
So...its the reapers, AGAIN.

Seriously am i the only one getting bored of the reapers as antagonists? Is it right to assume we will also be shooting up Geth? Bioware aren't bad story writers, actually they are excelent story writers, but im sensing a little lack of creativity here... why cant there be a threat to the universe, that isnt the reapers...oh well i guess im getting to worked up, seeing as it is the last game and all.

Uh... the entire series is built upon eventually preventing the Reaper cycle. The trilogy was designed for specifically this purpose. Why would the final act not have them as the primary antagonists? Hell in actuality, the Reapers were barely noticeable in ME2. So you somewhat had your wish. Regardless, this is not a lack of creativity but the conclusion to a trilogy.

Well.......

To be honest i wasn't really focusing about when he said that stuff about shepard and blah blah blah i was more focused on that someone had thought of putting a sniper in big ben!

looks good, besides the fact that it might look like a boring-er version of the feros mission from the first mass effect except on the ground.

What I want to know is just who was that sniper shooting at?

Judging from the shape and size of the body, I think its a Turian (Which beggs the question why the hell are the Turians attacking human civilians instead of the Reapers!)

Before anyone shouts me out, I did try to match it with a Geth, however I can't see any antenna sticking up from it back, nor the central eye.

On top of this, if you replay the video at 0:35 seconds (the closest you can get is 0:33) you hear the 'Thing' making a organic cry as it gets shot (however this could be from one of the civilians or another non-reaper altogether.

I really want this sniper guy to be one of the people from your squard, He is awesome..I mean snipering from big ben...And I know who he was shooting...It was the zombie like creatures with the blue glow that reapers make as servants..Thats why it looks organic..

I. Cannot. WAIT for this game!

It also makes me a little sad, though, because I'll be saying goodbye to the wonderful universe of Commander Shepard . . . well, okay, Shepard and his crew. I know there are other games planned in the universe, but it's just not the same.

This trailer has really, really bothered me since release.
It's totally pointless.
The characters have never even BEEN to Earth in the game. You went to Earth's Moon in ME1, and could enter it's orbit for a little descriptive blurb, but you never set foot there. Depending on which backstory you pick for Shephard, HE might not have been from or to Earth in his entire life.
Obviously the characters are supposed to care because they're human.
So do we give the same reaction?
Are we meant to give an emotional response sheerly because it's Earth and it's recognisable landmarks being destroyed?

This is also hundreds of years into a science fiction fantasy future, so the Earth that's under attack is NOT OURS. It makes no sense to care about it at all.

Johnny Cain:
It's totally pointless.
The characters have never even BEEN to Earth in the game. You went to Earth's Moon in ME1, and could enter it's orbit for a little descriptive blurb, but you never set foot there. Depending on which backstory you pick for Shephard, HE might not have been from or to Earth in his entire life.
Are we meant to give an emotional response sheerly because it's Earth and it's recognisable landmarks being destroyed?

This is also hundreds of years into a science fiction fantasy future, so the Earth that's under attack is NOT OURS. It makes no sense to care about it at all.

well because a lot of fans have wanted to go to earth since me1? or that it was already hinted at in me2 that earth was a target? and besides, it's fucking EARTH, human home world would any self respecting hero let his arch enemies destroy his race's home world? really? why don't you care about earth?

dystopiaINC:

Johnny Cain:
It's totally pointless.

well because a lot of fans have wanted to go to earth since me1? or that it was already hinted at in me2 that earth was a target? and besides, it's fucking EARTH, human home world would any self respecting hero let his arch enemies destroy his race's home world? really? why don't you care about earth?

That's just it, it's a fantasy universe so I do not care. It's not our Earth, it's a fantasy Earth. Yes, it's the character's Earth so like I said they're probably going to care. I guess we just HAVE to care too, despite having no emotional attachment besides "IT'S EARTH".
Obviously it will still be cool to go to Earth, but making the focal point of the game 'save Earth' doesn't really rouse me to battle.

Is it bad I just got a hard-on seeing that trailer? Mass Effect 3 FTW!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here