Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

VIRAL! Wait, I'm not on /v/.

I actually really enjoyed this. Seems Doomsday Arcade-y, with less video games and the same amount of nonsense.

I miss a german accent, you can't become the next terminator without a german accent.

I just saw Scooter snap a man's neck and then shoot him. I guess he really is Moxxie's son.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S ANTHONY BURCH

Just last night I was watching the Rev Rants and wondering when we'd hear about him again!

I feel bad that the "wood for sheep" joke was wasted and didn't come out right.

Woohoo new series! Looking good so far. Witty, exciting and good combat.

Potential, this show haz it.
Right now it's in the same file cabinate as A Good Knight's Quest in my brain, show with a lot of potential, with a pretty good pilot. Let's hope this show is actually good though... I'll definitely watch next week.

Emergent:
Not to be a sore loser, but I feel that if we got to vote on this one in an Escapist Film Festival it wouldn't have made it to the first page. Hopefully it will get better.

I must not have watched the same video you did. I thought that was great, although the action scene did seem to take up a bit more time than I thought it should. I have a feeling that next time there's going to be more exposition.

Seven godamn victory points... To null that... It's just...

excellent start to an intriguing series!

The acting level is superb with fantastic combat sequences! I look forward to next week!

I love it!

It needs improvement on the area of fight sequences... Other than that, superb!

The Escapist was missing a successor to Doomsday Arcade and There Will Be Brawl. Looks like this might be what we were looking for.

vxicepickxv:
I have a feeling that next time there's going to be more exposition.

I do, too, which is why I'm not making any effort to really pick it apart other than to sort of say "meh, I was expecting better from people who actually have a budget, however small" and "there were videos better than this is last year's Festival" that didn't have a budget (not mine- mine was crap. :) )

Very nice. This show looks like it's going to be good. 7 Victory Points!

It was good, but the main thing that is bugging me is that the fight scene had too much camera shake with it, made it hard to follow the action.

Will keep on watching though, best not to write off a show when it's barely started.

Okay, so yeah, it was pretty good.

I thought the fight scene took a little longer than was absolutely necessary, because I started getting bored after a while. Also, while the fight looked pretty cool otherwise it would have been much more enjoyable, if the moves hadn't been so slow. I know, I know, you probably aren't expert martial artists who can pull stuff like that at full speed and not hurt each other.

The story line? Hard to say. The Sarah Connor Chronicles came to mind, which isn't a bad thing, I suppose?

If this turns into a Doomsday arcade styled series i will love it.

A duo out to save the world with possibly a few videogame references. Never heard of a set up like that.

I liked it.

I did enjoy this, and Mikey really reminded me of Jim from The Office, but i love that show so it's cool.

Not sure how this is related to video games, but it's pretty cool so far.

Interesting, I will watch more. Made me giggle a few times.

Could do without the 10 seconds of black screen at the end, had me sitting there thinking there would be more.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hearing a lot of "make fight scene shorter" and they definitely are shorter in the three episodes after this we have in the can.

Never watched Doomsday arcade. I take it this is a thing I should probably do?

Way to epic loved how Settlers of Catan was in it too.

Overall, I liked it and am looking forwards to the next one.

But there are technical things that need to be fixed.

When he is slammed into the wall and the camera cuts from an over-the-shoulder view to a floor view, it also needs to change angles.

Pay very close attention to your lighting, you had a lot of shadow issues as he moved and it threw off the color correction and the balance.

One more things, then I'm done.

Your blood probably stared out looking great, but once you add the color effects it looked far too pink. The way you correct that is by making blood that is almost brown.

Looking forwards to the next one.

I preferred Doomsday Arcade for the blood effects, but this looks to have potential. Perhaps I'll give it a look...

takes some time getting used to
if they turn up the comedy and turn down the action a bit this could be really good

Love it.

I was really missing something like Doomsday Arcade so this seems like it's gonna be a nice successor. It's funny and has nice action(though it hogged a bit too much of the screen-time).

Also... i saw the tag, but i missed this

it was fun, but waaaaay to much shakeycam and blur, I would love seing more of the detail than a low quality webcam can hold. but over all, I'm interested.

I never even heard of this coming to the Escapist before I watched the 1st episode, but I was pleasantly surprised. Keep it coming!

I'm very intrigued to see where this series goes - the actors seem to be likeable characters, the story seems to have just enoughdepth to be of interest, and the setting also has some interest for me. The one suggestion would be to work on the somewhat lackluster fight scenes. Loved the final line, "My point is, I had SEVEN victory points." I laughed heartily.

A seven? He gets to move the bandit!

Don't quite know what to make of it. I liked the little jokes here and there, but I could care less for the action. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but the action took up a lot of time.

I'll keep tuning in though. This seems to have potential.

mikeyface:
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hearing a lot of "make fight scene shorter" and they definitely are shorter in the three episodes after this we have in the can.

Never watched Doomsday arcade. I take it this is a thing I should probably do?

Well it was featured on this website too, that's why you see it mentioned here a lot. I don't think it's too well known outside the Escapist. Basically it was chock-full of video game references with a lot of surreal/dark/random humour. Be sure to check it out though it might not be everyone's cup of tea (I love it though.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here