Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Best Moments: <i>Monkey Island</i>

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Pupazz:

ProtoChimp:

Pupazz:
OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

I think I need a cold shower.

Yeah, you say that's what your going to do, but it's really not is it?

EDIT: I would just like to apologise for this comment. I stepped over the line and I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Actually, I didn't say I was going to take a cold shower, just that I needed one... But I must fess up and say that, one day, I will probably fap over Lisa Foiles...

Oh, and no offence taken :D

No actually I didn't mean it towards you because you just admitted your as bad as me, (joking... but still) no I just got a warning so I thought I should probably make a fake totally sincere apology.

In this thread: Misplaced attention and loneliness.

GRRR i wish that shirt slipped a little higher :)

Thank you Lisa. I miss my Monkey Islands, even more so now. Hmmm, where did I put that a old amiga 500?

Good review Lisa, I never realized there was such a game. Loved how at the start of the video your friend did that insult, it was hilarious Haha. Keep it up please, I like your series. Not because.. i'm a guy and you're a beautiful host or anything *cough* but, you present really good ideals about what is the top five in games or of a category. Well done.

What are all you people talking about? What shirt? I couldnt stop staring at the three headed monkey.

Lisa, that was a brilliant Top Five! Only recently played Monkey Island, the Curse of Monkey Island, and I loved every single bit of it. Sometimes I got annoyed at myself for not solving the puzzles without the walkthrough... But it's the sense of humour the game has I loved.

Insult sword fighting should be a real sport!!

Great job!

You know, when I was a kid the dark and dank tunnel area at the end of MI2 scared the crap out of me too. You never really know when LeChuck is going to appear, and when he does, the only thing you can do is run or get tortured! My game fell completely to pieces at that point, and it took a lot of voodoo-ings to get comfortable enough to where I could concentrate on the game again.

Also riding the elevator to the alley on Melee Island was a great nostalgic moment, and the mystery of the unopenable door was finally solved.

Also also, insult swordfighting worked pretty much the same when my friends and I did it in real life too.

This is the kind of show best watched with the sound off!

Could have done without the crappy bit in the beginning.
Love the game though; Monkey island was one of the best games of the day and speaking of days... Try

Ron gilbert... who's he and why does he want us to forget the ending to Monkey Island 2?

You know, I always do my best to sound sort of polite and gentlemanly when I comment on these videos, on the off chance that I might one day meet Lisa, sweep her off her feet, and fall madly in love with a whirlwind romance of storybook proportions. Having a post history consisting entirely of "omg shes so hawt" would probably be awkward.

But, uh, distractingly tight shirt is distracting. And awesome. And asdghkt. Skldkfg. Plsdkf.

Also, Monkey Island good. Lisa funny. Ugh.

I watched the whole video without learning anything about Monkey island. That is how distracting your shirt is Lisa

Dangit! Another person who's gaming opinion I respect giving me more reasons to buy and play through this series! Avast, I shall have to save me pennies and purchase this mastarrrrrrrrrpiece. Yea, I went there.

Thy Doctor:
I watched the whole video without learning anything about Monkey island. That is how distracting your shirt is Lisa

monkey what's it now?

I swear they got bigger... um... arrrr... the episodes i mean.

Pupazz:
OK. Is it just me, or is Lisa getting hotter and hotter as this series is progressing?

I'M NOT ALONE!
But good show, I want to play the game now.

Until "Awesome Bad Packaging"-Episode it was cool.

Now it seem the series has outlived itself... or herself.

leviadragon99:
Ron gilbert... who's he and why does he want us to forget the ending to Monkey Island 2?

He is one of the original creators of Secret of Monkey Island and was behind the first two games in the series. As for why he wants us to forget the ending of Secret of Monkey Island 2...well, to put it simply without spoiling anything, it ended on a very awkward cliffhanger...and you can imagine how people respond to cliffhanger endings.

Best episode ever. Seriously, perfect balance between humour and actual information, and I loved the intro duel. That guy is a hero. :D

Great crimson pirate top!

Yeah, we need more of the moments of good games being brought up.

Cat of Doom:
Dam, this is one game I have always told my self I would play, but never got round to.
THATS IT in going to play it RIGHT NOW.

BTW who are the two men that keep appering in the videos?

They're props, don't mind them.

I didn't like this show at first, but it's grown on me. One thing tho, I need to watch it twice.

You see the first time I watch it, no matter how hard I try, my eyes drift and I lose focus,
Crimson Pirate top is awesome by the way. I swear they got bigger...

Then I run the video in the background while playing games and listen to the jokes and stuff, actually paying attention to what's being said, and it's still a good comedy show.

So decent video game show + hot chick = awesome.

That is all.

Damn, suddenly i'm filled with respect for Lisa. Way to go!

Why change a formula that works? New Coke. Remember new coke.

Pupazz:

She's not. She's just wearing tighter clothing.

Honestly, I understand that this is supposed to be the "thing" about this show and lord knows I like staring at the female form as much as anyone but... watching this show always makes me feel dirty.

Lisa can be funny, the intro/outro bits are proof of this to me. She doesn't have to smack around the lowest common denominator as much.

"A butt million more"?

Is that like a baker's dozen or something?

Rossiar:

Pupazz:

I think the clothing gets tighter. To her credit she has a formula and she sticks to it.

I hear her clothes give her a +5 to charisma checks. ^.^

This thread reminds me of that story about a cupcake and a cage full of chimpanzees...

and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a happy ending (eh? eh?) because the moral of the story is:
DON'T FEED THE CHIMPS! (or in this case, monkeys)

:)

Damn, I really have to get around to playing Monkey Island.

One of the things that I love about this Lisa's ability to sell the cheesiest jokes ever in a way that actually makes them funny. "I know all about head injuries" is a pretty lame line in itself, but the look she gives after makes it hilarious.

Also, because it seems obligatory in this thread: dat shirt, etc.

Popadoo:
That shirt just isn't fair. You're being mean to your male viewers.

this, pretty much... sheesh. can someone turn the heater off, please?

also: HOORAY for wayne's world reference!!!! which is plain and simple the best stupid movie ever conceived!
great, now i have to watch it again. thanks a lot Miss Foiles.

Possibly one of the best videos I've seen on this site, up there with some of Yahtzee's contributions. Hilariously self-referential, fun and featuring an extremely funny game. Lisa's videos are usually solid enough to warrant a watch, but thus far only one other has made me laugh out loud.

On the "Lisa is attractive thing", yes, straight guys like me are obviously going to notice that she's a very attractive young woman, however spouting it over and over again in an internet forum makes it seem a little creepy. Go outside there are loads of other beautiful women in the world too, many of whom are probably just as interesting as she is, you don't have to get your kicks primarily from a video released once a week.

Jeez, does she even have eyes? I can't tell 'cause her twins were just out there, staring at me, so I was staring back.

;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or