Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Last episode was more funny. Why demons though? You can easily make a parody of time travel, which you did, just focus on it more. The demons was a little lame.

comadorcrack:
To be fair I don't think anyone wants to be killed by Laura Bush.

This. Where does someone even find that mask?

Did you guys find it somewhere and wanted to use it in the script, or at some point in the creative process someone said, "Okay, I have a great idea, all I need is a Laura Bush mask."

Anyway, great series so far. The editing is a little weak, but that's understandable considering it's the second episode, and it's a weekly show and all that other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew2

This dude's channel has lots of tutorials for editing videos, muzzle flashes and bullet hits, that sort of thing. Also, he has plain old awesome videos, so there's that.

Regardless, this series is great. Sort of like Knight's Quest, but funnier.

Actually, with the mask, there was a magic shop in town going out of business and we happened to go by. I think Anthony and I argued in the store about which mask was scarier for some time. In reality, we should have purchased every mask they had. It's hard to come up with a cool mask every episode.

We'll see Laura Bush again.

mikeyface:

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

Yeah I was just about to say the camera seems a bit too shaky. I liked, sorry, loved everything else but the camera just seems a bit too Paul Greengrass, i.e, I can barely see shit. I was going to complain about the length but I understand that for webshows even about 8 minutes is hard. But looking back you seemed to do a good wrap up without having too much to piss me off or having too little to bore me. Good job, just that shaky cam.

Kudos

hm... still not at its potential

i am entertained by this show.

mikeyface:

Daveman:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.

I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

I'd like to be on the record as saying that I love this so far, and if Gearbox's future games are a fraction of the awesome that Borderlands was, then I don't mind a "Rough" episode or two. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to continue to entertain us even more!

Great stuff!

lol.

"lets go get sixteen double downs."

This is great. I hope you keep up the conversations about the future and stuff like that, it's really clever and entertaining.

Also:

"They smell like cotton candy to attract . . .things that are attracted to cotton candy."
"So he eats children?"
"I never said he eats children" *wink*

I laughed my ass off

Double post

GeorgW:
I'm having so much trouble hearing what you all are saying. Maybe better mics, articulation or subtitles?
Otherwise, really good, and am looking forward to where it's going!

Yeah I'm having that problem too, it's really hard to understand what you guys are saying sometimes and I know I'm missing out on some good jokes because of it. D:

Also, maybe you guys should start wearing cups considering what happened in the last outtake, that looked painful!

Ahhh... fun times... I'm betting those corpses won't still be there when they get back...

What does this have to do with videogames?

Oh god that wink lol

My favourite part of this show is how bored Anthony looks in the title card. "I'm gonna have to kill people again, ain't I? This is just great.

The sound could still use work (I understand we're to expect an improvement in coming episodes, which is a good thing), but the humor has improved. I would drop the michael-bay-esque color correction until you guys get the hang of art direction (heavy color correction only looks "right" when all the props, wardrobes, makeup, and sets complement it and are chosen in advance to do so). Incremental improvement, over all.

Looking forward to seeing episodes 4+, since my guess is that these earlier episodes are more of a "proof of concept" than an indicator of the quality of the show overall.

k-ossuburb:
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

The very easy explanation for this is "future technology". One of the rules in this universe is that the future has damn sexy bulletproof suits. I see nothing wrong with this. If you notice, there was also time travel, and they deflected a bullet accurately with a shovel.

I'm loving this.

Agreed with the sound, I love the ambience, but the voices are a little hard to hear.

I like the camera work too, it's really good.

Looking forward to next week :)

I want that jacket.

wow. Mikey's a badass.

The sound is a bit messed up though

Snipper64:
First off, time traveling is based on... errrr.. timey wimey... stuff (I hope someone got that)

Also, this series is ok has some potential, but man, makes me REALLY miss Doomsday arcade, thats some kick ass funny action, no offense to this show.

good point. im so glad i have all the episodes of doomsday downloaded on my computer. good show guys. i agree with a lot thats being said. kinda janky action, great acting and an interesting plot. also, why did he have to jump into the pool to reflect the bullet?

I'm not really enjoying this one. The fight scenes are certainly lack-luster, but I think that's part of the point. However, the jokes aren't funny either, so I'm not entirely sure.

Well of course KFC won't work!
"Ain't no white man know about no 17 herbs and spices. SLAVES cooked that chicken!"
It's voo-doo I tell ya! KFC is not of this world!

KFC double douwns are great =).

the video won't play...

Wait, double downs now have a practical purpose (they clearly aren't meant to be treated as food)?

Too bad they got rid of them in Canada then. Now I will have to go to a grocery store instead of a drive in if I want to banish demons to hell.

Corey Longest:
the video won't play...

Try it now.

Ah, and Anonymous strikes again.

Once again, great work on your comedic timing. Creepy ass mask, too. The major stunt was pretty funny. Nice work and I hope to see more.

That was actually intense, where the masked guy walked slowly to our main character drawing out that knife. I probably would feel the same. Good series so far, perhaps it shall pull off some very interesting stuff.

Sorry about the video issues, our connection to Akamai has been acting up lately. I'm blaming the lack of chicken. :(

Is this... is this the new Doomsday Arcade? I sure dang hope so, because that show was the best thing.
I have chuckled and whatnot so far. And I heck of liked all the HAWP that the Extra Credits dudes linked me up with. So I will keep on checking in.

Just please, please, be the new Doomsday Arcade. And send that guy all of the money, he deserves it for the astonishing show he did. DA wooooo!

Is it bad that when he jumped in the pool my first thought was "NOT THE SUIT"?

I absolutely love this. Keep up the excellent work and the clip at the end was brilliant.

I never knew there were Laura Bush masks. That's quite strange.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here