Show About Games Show: Super Saiyans and Killzones

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

The background screaming during the last bit was a stroke of awesome.

I like this.

To be honest, the news segment sketches have never been funny, although it was kind of balanced out by the "We're gettin' killed in the Killzone!" part.

Old Hat:

mrhateful:
Please please please stop making sitcoms, they are physically hurting me. Also i skipped through like 90% of the content, the only thing i...

STOP. Look, if you only watched 10% of the actual show, then I see no reason why anyone should take your opinion seriously. Go find another bridge to live under (get it? 'Cause you're a troll. Ha ha haaa... sorry.)

I'm sorry I forwarded 30 sec every time the show was physically hurting me.

Pretty good, pretty good.
I laughed when he actually did the kamehameha... it was just so sad...
And the interview with his dad was also quite enthralling.
Looking forward to the next episode !

"My son is an idiot!" -_-

loved it!

I get where the humour is and what you're trying to do, but I can't help but feel like you're treating the audience like idiots. However the Killzone bit at the end made me lol.

These are references we'll get and understand. The jokes would be great if you managed to execute them without figuratively looking at the camera and winking after each punch line.

But don't give up, you've got good material and you're only improving more and more each episode. I'm always ready to support original content so you get a cheer from me and a 'keep at it buds!'.

I'm killin' in the killzone!

That man is my hero.

I want his autograph.

I liked the first part. I Dunno why everyone else is sooooo cynical about it.

I liked the silent hill bit but everything else was just sad.

I enjoyed it, not every joke gets a laugh from me but then I don't know every game you guys make fun of.

The Silent Hill part was slightly amusing and the Killzone bit was a little funny. The first part felt like they were trying way too hard, maybe that's just me.

therandombear:
The killzone is in the
*puts on glasses*
Zone

You're not even trying >(

You could do with being more brutal with your editing. These sketches would work much better if you shortened them and reduced some of the unnecessary stuff. For example, Killzone was the best segment of this, but it's build up went on too long. Don't keep everything you shoot...or if the extent of how many people back up the 'watch it' argument is that important, maybe use a fast-forward.

Silent Hill worked because it was quick, cheep laughs.

The documentary style thing at the start needs a shorter intro, and quicker, snappier cuts.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's daft silly humour, so quit trying to dress it up. It's stealing from the fun.

HankMan:

therandombear:
The killzone is in the
*puts on glasses*
Zone

I am no CSI joke master, like you :3

The sandwich joke was the only funny joke in that mess...

therandombear:

HankMan:

therandombear:
The killzone is in the
*puts on glasses*
Zone

Indeed!
My jokes are true CSI, While your joke was more like...
*puts on glasses*
"CS why?"
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HankMan:

therandombear:

HankMan:

Indeed!
My jokes are true CSI, While your joke was more like...
*puts on glasses*
"CS why?"
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I see what you did there, and it was glorious. For that you get a "super" cookie.

mrhateful:
Please please please stop making sitcoms, they are physically hurting me. Also i skipped through like 90% of the content, the only thing i found mildly funny was the random killzone shouting you know: THE ONLY JOKE IN THE ENTIRE VID ABOUT GAMES.

So you watched only 10% of the video, yet are sure that there was only one joke in the video. Seems legit. It's not a sitcom, btw. It's sketch based comedy.

P.s. you missed the silent hill joke.

His power level is over 9000!

I could write any number of things... But my mom always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Don't listen to the haters guys, keep it up!

of the whole 5 minutes... the best thing was just the screams in the "Killzone" game...

damn guys! find your formula! i know you can do better than this!!!!

Nikki Buskell:
You could do with being more brutal with your editing. These sketches would work much better if you shortened them and reduced some of the unnecessary stuff. For example, Killzone was the best segment of this, but it's build up went on too long. Don't keep everything you shoot...or if the extent of how many people back up the 'watch it' argument is that important, maybe use a fast-forward.

Silent Hill worked because it was quick, cheep laughs.

The documentary style thing at the start needs a shorter intro, and quicker, snappier cuts.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's daft silly humour, so quit trying to dress it up. It's stealing from the fun.

I agree with her completely. Your quicker jokes such as the silent hill one always make me burst out laughing while most of your longer sketches are just a long wait for one joke which therefore makes me only go "hmmm, that was kinda funny". I did like "Asian Mode" a bit more but that had two whole jokes in it. So yeah, editing is your friend for more hilarity.

Mattteus:
Either someone in this has a Codec ringtone or my phone is ringing.

I was thinking the same thing just now.

The shows pretty hit and miss on the comedy side of things.

But I can't deny that its creative, and quite entertaining overall. :D

Sorry guys, but this is where we part ways. Frankly, it wasn't just that this episode wasn't funny. It was that it was boring. The jokes are just too drawn out and predictable for my tastes. I almost smirked when the disappointed dad came into play but it just wasn't even close to enough. Even the Silent Hill short left me yawning because I saw the joke immediately when you mentioned it was Silent Hill. It's just...disappointing.

I wish you guys luck going from here. I hope you can recapture some of that potential we saw in the pilot and in the LBP sketch.

I busted up laughing with Pyramid Head reacting to the sandwich, that was very interesting and a moment of enjoyment Haha. The DBZ one was stretched a little to long, let alone I got a little out of it. The Killzone, it was good. But this show rocks, it has it's good moments :)

This was a bit of a lame episode, but the diagrams for making a kamehameha pretty much saved it.

The first episode was so good, and the LBP sketch was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

But...what happened, guys?

Incredibly pathetic, no other word for it guys. I think there was one funny segment once in the first episode, but as I kept watching episode after episode (saw them all today), I found myself saying 'this is lame' next episode.

Well, there's always hope.

EDIT: And although not funny, extremely well done was the Little Big Planet tribute, especially the music. Stuff like that should be encouraged.

I love this show, which is weird cause I hate LRR.

Wow... I bet they had to try extra-hard to make a saiyen costume that bad...

Pretty funny IMO, especially the killzone shouting at the end.

I like the random humor that still relates to games in this show.

holy crap! my phone has that too!

OT: I loved the last bit.. "Aaaargh, I'm getting Killed in the Zone!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook