Show About Games Show: Office Drafts & Pokéjobs

Pages PREV 1 2

Angry Matts: Good.

Rest: Meh.

Sorry :(

That girl from the first skit was really cute. So was the other one.

Pretty much the only thing I noticed.

nice job with the Angry Birds skit
also, now is the season of fantasy Hockey! (Go Habs Go!)

Only real chuckle I got was from the "Firstly.. - And B.." bit. Namely because it's Craig Ferguson's thing on The Late Late Show. Was that a reference?

I <3 the pokemon part , it made my smile :) the rest ....yeah. You guys need to work on it.....

leviadragon99:

I want to know how that bisons and oranges game works though.

Like rock, paper scissors, except you can only choose rock and paper. So the first person to say bisons, wins. Or atleast that's how it looked.

Not your best episode, but there were a few gems. I have to say your really short skits seem to bet the most reliable for a laugh. But keep it up with the longer ones, they can come out to be really good.

Mr.Pandah:
Also...that girl was SMOKIN' hot.

This. Not the best actor, but she makes up for it.

This was a very weird episode, and that's saying quite something.

I'm a fan of this show. :D Love what you guys do.

The subtle nature of the humor slays me. The boss swipes the 50 bucks? "I feel fat." "It's a trap." HAH! I've been there. If I say that kind of line, I'm expecting a "you look great" in return. It IS a trap!

At first, I thought that "Pokéjobs" was going to be about Steve Jobs as a pokemon. That would have been really weird.

Fetzenfisch:
maybe i just didnt get anything here, i dont now nothing bout basketball or pokemon ( Pac-Man its pronounced Pac-Man.) so i cant even say if it was good.

legendary reference!

I'm glad so many people agree with me. haha Too bad none of us will ever meet her. q_q

D Moness:

Yawwy:

To be honest,it was the first thing I noticed.That may be rather sad.But god she was hot.Costume helped.A lot.

My only problem is that with people in cosplay it is even harder to guess the age of that person.
She really does look good but is she is underaged(with that i mean younger then 18) it might be more creepy then a sad feeling.

Well,if she's sixteen,she's legal-hooray for the UK-for me.But she's obviously legal.She's at least eighteen.

And that's what I'll keep telling myself >.>>

Veterinari:

Yawwy:
Wow,that

D Moness:

Thank god i was not the only one that noticed that >.>

Btw what was spoofed in the short skit? angry birds?

Not their best episode in my opinion(and yes a girl asking if she looks fat is a trap).

To be honest,it was the first thing I noticed.That may be rather sad.But god she was hot.Costume helped.A lot.

No kidding. I was like "Stop trying to be funny guys, show the girl again". :D

And the name of the short skit is "Angry Matts" in the credits. :)

I wish we'd heard more about her story.I felt bad for her :(

Attractive female in a show about games... show...

IM NOT SURE HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS

Wow, I wasn't expecting such an amazing looking pokemon. First I thought u guys would avoid bothering putting a pokemon in the scene, then when he got up to throw the pokeball I thought it would just be a flat 2D image of a pokemon. But to have a full 3D rendering of a pokemon that detailed in a little web video like this is really above and beyond the amount of effort most ppl would have gone to. good on ya guys, I know how hard it would have been to put that Magnamite in there.

Wow... The one thing that continues to amaze me is the effort you put into your videos. The 3D Magnemite was great! However, I would love to see a little more polish on the script-writing.

KEM10:
My favorite part was the throwback to the Flying Circus. At least that's what it looked like.

Yeah, I picked up on thst too... I suddenly want to have a Monty Phython marathon.

Also, did anyone else pick up on the Family Guy style fall? Well done.

SaberSpellSword:
Wow, I wasn't expecting such an amazing looking pokemon. First I thought u guys would avoid bothering putting a pokemon in the scene, then when he got up to throw the pokeball I thought it would just be a flat 2D image of a pokemon. But to have a full 3D rendering of a pokemon that detailed in a little web video like this is really above and beyond the amount of effort most ppl would have gone to. good on ya guys, I know how hard it would have been to put that Magnamite in there.

Hi there, I'm Matt. The 3D artist for 'Show About Games Show'. Thanks for your comment. Weirdly enough, live action integration isn't as bad as most people think. You just have to know the right corners to cut. Obviously we didn't go for full photorealism here but if some thought is put into the lighting, you can get quite good results.

Although going for 100% realism is a complete nightmare!

Sorry to say that I wasn't really getting a lot of laughs out of this one either. (Though I'll agree the Pokemon animation was well done- nice shadow!)

I think part of the problem was that this show was primarily composed of two major sketches, and if the premise of each one didn't really "grab" you from the outset there wasn't much in the "sub-jokes" under those premises to pull you in later. Some of the more random, whimsical type of humor in the "fantasy league" sketch can be funny if you're already having a good time, but if you're not it just feels like it's padding things out.

That said, SAGS is still more hit than miss with me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes up next.

Mr.Pandah:
I'm glad so many people agree with me. haha Too bad none of us will ever meet her. q_q

I've got to go out on my bike. Maybe someday...

the only thing I noticed was how attractive the girl was in the second skit.

oh, and i did laugh a fair bit when Magnemite came out of its pokeball.

The animation was rele good though, especially the little shrug it did as they were walking down the corridor at the end. I duno, i think the scripts need a better run through.

maybe screen the episode to a few of your friends or even yourselves just to run through it, see if you laugh, see what can be changed, made better etc. Just a suggestion.

jjboat:
This passes as humor around here? I think the standard is set much higher by Zero Punctuation. It really annoys me how funny people think these are when you can find better humor anywhere. What kills it is the over acting. None of these actors have any natural screen presence and come across as very self conscious. Just because they reference games and are pandering to nerds, doesn't make the jokes funny at all. The reason these things don't get better is because people keep kissing its ass in the comments section so the creators aren't held to a higher standard.

We must remember that comedy is subjective. If you don't like something, it doesn't automatically mean that no one else will either. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. You don't have to call the rest of us "kiss asses". Those who've left comments of appreciation for the videos are not "kissing ass", but are saying they like the content b/c they genuinely do. God you're rude. Thirdly, not everyone can afford to hire professional actors for every episode. Can you?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here