Unskippable: Fable 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So what does the outfit choice dictate?

R.I.P. K.F.C.

Bawwww, you don't get to play as the chicken? No fair!! >_<
We need more games that let you play as chickens, for all I can think of is that Chicken Run game (there was one, right?).

Well, that and that Eternal Champions game for the Sega CD:

That prince must have had a very beagle upbringing.

I could never play that game. How should I ever overcome the death of chicken?! T.T
Oh chicken, why, oh why did you have to die?!

nintendo414:
Also, who the hell shoots a chicken?

The same chef that throws 3 knives at once in a town that requires a questionable motion for making teapots.

For shame, Unskippable.

When that chicken was shot--though I know you were racked with grief--you missed a prime opportunity for a "and that was the X time I died," joke.

Damn you Peter Molyneux and your hatred of chickens and butt-flap jammies.

nintendo414:
Also, who the hell shoots a chicken?

why does a chef have a loaded gun in his kitchen anyway

If Peter Molyneux got the rights to Gauntlet Legends Pojo then there could be your playable chicken character or Pojo as a DLC companion instead of a dog. I would choose practical cuz that's how the previous hero of Albion started.

That's it.. I don't care if I have to do it on some shitty bootleg version of PRG maker. I am so making a game where you play a chicken!

Poor chicken. I hope you two are happy, I'm in despair now. Murderous chef has left me in despair!
Seriously how could any other character even begin to make me care for him as much as I cared for that chicken.

The Chicken doesn't die you know.

It leads you to a silver key if you follow it.

Haven't you guys seen Family Guy? That chicken'll come back. And then the chef is in for it.

ALL HAIL KING CHICKEN!

That chicken was awesome. I knew this was gonna be awesome, this intro was made for you! One of your best!

"There's no way whatever character pops up next is going to be more compelling than that chicken." Truer words were never spoken. Even if this weren't a Peter Molyneux game.

John cleese is awesome. Long live the pythons(!)

For some reason. You being in bed with that dog is. Weird. I'm just hearing all those comments Yathzee made about you making out with your dog. Also what did that chicken have to do with anything?

I'd have gone for the practical outfit. Then I could be all "Yeah, I just finished bench pressing, like, eighty pounds," when I see this girl.

retterkl:
So is the whole chicken thing at the beginning more a homage to Ocarina of Time or is it supposed to be a joke from the 'chicken chaser' status from Fable 1... I've only played 1 so it might have been in the second game too

Indeed, the "chicken chaser" status is still present in Fable 2 and it has become a sort of staple for the series.
Aside from being the coolest name your character could ever have.

OT: They seriously made an entire intro involving a poor chicken!?. That was foul.

Great episode, as always.

Mydnyght:
We need more games that let you play as chickens, for all I can think of is that Chicken Run game (there was one, right?).

Yes... there was one... thank you for reminding me of that godawful game.

Better than last week's. Hopefully this means they are finding their old groove again.

Is this really Patrick Steward again? I just watched family guy he was voice acting there, too. I thought the man has everything already, why does he still work so hard..... oh well lets say so much.
edit: Ok, nevermind, it was John Cleese. Pretty cool though

Chicken's dead. Deal with it.

Sauce.

Hero in a half shell:
So what does the outfit choice dictate?

R.I.P. K.F.C.

It dictates what outfit you wear, lol

Hey! Us chickens do have aspirations! They may not be very grand but we aspire none-the-less!

I am actually - oddly enough, I admit - kinda bummed out about the chicken. It was indeed much cooler than all the whiney protagonists RPGs force us to be. Come on someone, create a be-the-chicken mod!

evilthecat:
That's it.. I don't care if I have to do it on some shitty bootleg version of PRG maker. I am so making a game where you play a chicken!

I'd fund and publish that if I was a gaming company. It would be the best game ever. :P

And that chicken will live on as the hero of generations to come!

who wants a game of Chicken Kickin' ?

Mydnyght:
Bawwww, you don't get to play as the chicken? No fair!! >_<

Well, that and that Eternal Champions game for the Sega CD:

BEST GAME EVER ! i had it on Megadrive, but these characters were so original and awesome! damn i wish there were games like this nowadays. i still remember this was made, by the makers of Mortal Kombat, years before... and these fatalities were so much more hemoglobinal !

retterkl:
So is the whole chicken thing at the beginning more a homage to Ocarina of Time or is it supposed to be a joke from the 'chicken chaser' status from Fable 1... I've only played 1 so it might have been in the second game too

I think its supoosed to be a parallel to the story of the hero. Especially the whole "rebel" thing.

God damn that chicken was a compelling protagonist while it lasted.

As for the video, I know you usually stop before getting to gameplay, but fuck that, it's John Cleese!

the best thing to have come out of fable III? this weeks unskippable!

Did I ever say this show is for the birds? I did? Well I'm gonna keep saying it 'til it gets a laugh!

Also, very yes to the Action Chicken DLC.

Dangit, Fable3! Why'd you kill the chicken!? Better question-- Why didn't you make the game about the chicken?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here