Unskippable: Red Dead Redemption

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Fangobra:
Did anybody else expect an "and yet, the armadillo" reference at the end?

Yeah, I was expecting that too. Hey, who didn't?

How stupid (like Jenny) do you have to be to be unable to determine loving or hateful acts?
(Shooting in the face =/= loving. Good example, Paul.)

Red Dead Going-to-Support-Group?.... Uh, thanks but no. Just no.
(Sounds even less appealing than Brown Alive Redemption.)

Civilization 2.... ROFL

Yvl9921:
You can too buy a Rainbow Unicorn. It comes with Undead Nightmare.

Nuh uh! you have to tame it!

To the video: Of course there's a lot of killing. The trope is "Redemption equals death." If they wanted it to be self-sacrifice, they should have been more specific!

hmm black water, well maybe it isnt as bad as brown water lol

Sadly there wasn't much to work with and I was glad when they talked over the cutscene dialogue so I didn't have to hear it

ewhac:
Uh, guys? With the current labor protests and (putting it very nicely) executive overreach in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and elsewhere, this attempted joke rings a little hollow.

You're right. They should definitely have gone with a tsunami joke. Japanese server hamsters being swept out to sea, their little bodies bloating as they tangle in drifts of algae and plastic waste: topical, macabre, cute and politically neutral!

Make a note, Escapist gents. I'm a fountain of great, tasteful ideas just like that one.

honestly, do you want to be thought of as the type of people who make hamsters live in their own filth and drink dirty water? I mean, what would your subscribers think?

Value for money! They're getting maximum productivity out of their hamsters! Efficiency is everything, you know.

Anyway, enough of that. Unskippable! Yes. RdR is one of the most truly godawful cinematics I've seen on Unskippable yet, and that's saying something. I've seen cinematics give us insipid or stupid or cliched or annoying or unconscious protagonists. A cinematic that actually tells us nothing at all about the protagonist, though, because it's too busy having the extras stuff every second of "civilizing-the-West" cliches they could into the time allotted... well, that's really something. Yep. That sure is... something.

ewhac:
Uh, guys? With the current labor protests and (putting it very nicely) executive overreach in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and elsewhere, this attempted joke rings a little hollow.

And, honestly, do you want to be thought of as the type of people who make hamsters live in their own filth and drink dirty water? I mean, what would your subscribers think?

Are you comparing hamsters to people? Now who's being insensitive?

I wonder if Blackwater is a new strain of Taint?

Im going to go play Civ. Damn you Unskippable!!!

Im going to go play Civ. Damn you Unskippable!!!

Ah Edgar Ross, the character I despise more than any other.

You find the lady who was talking to the priest later on delerious from dehydration in the desert.

Gotta agree with the censensus though this scene really had nothing to do with anything.

False: Money CAN buy a rainbow unicorn. Undead Nightmare DLC for the win.

Supp:

Steve Butts:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.

Business as normal.

A very reasonable response to this sort of crisis.

I did notice it was a bit delayed today as well. I concur, nice to see the Escapist waited for proper back-up to deal with those miscreants!

Anyway, I chuckled along with Graham when he made the comment about the girl being...dumb :p

Steve Butts:

Respectfully, I think it was you who first compared hamsters to people, by describing them as "striking".

"Hey! Here's some critters that had the temerity to complain about their deplorable conditions. We called in some muscle and put an end to their impertinence real quick. Ha ha."

...Yeah. For me, not so much. Not after reading extensively about the Wisconsin protests all this month. (If you haven't, do read up on them. It's important.)

That cutscene doesn't tell you anything, does it?

Don't worry about the Blackwater. They realized the name was dragging it down and renamed it the Xe Services. Ba-Dum-Tish.

Excellent movie guys, as always.

A guy sits on a train.

GREATEST CUTSCENE EVER MADE!

Loading ready redemption

No "way to Armadillo" joke? Shame on you. Or is that too old now?

The entire episode i was waiting ... ok so whens the train going to derail.... no maybe someones going to rob the train... hmm or maybe just maybe the priest goes crazy and we have to shoot him before he ravages the girl?

Or we could just get off the train and rudely stand in a gentleman's way ... classy i see what you did there :)

vivster:
omg i laughed to tears at the armadillo bit

"Here. We build here, on this armadillo"

glad im not the only one to crack up at that last part XD

Is it me, or did the judgemental lady have a flavor saver?

You couldn't do that scene with the villain. He would have shot the women and instantly become the hero.

Hinoema:
That cutscene doesn't tell you anything, does it?

What does you mean it doesn't tell you anything?
It tells you that, as Graham pointed out, the main character likes to eavesdrop and air out his armpits. ^_^

I didn't like it. Maybe the intro was too long, but this wasn't funny either.

I remember when I first popped the disc into my 360, I was thinking when he sat down "Okay he's going to go and hold up the train now... Wait, what, he just gets off? Who is he, why should I care? Man this cutscene was pointless. Though maybe I can find that priest and show him how bad it racism is..."

Mydnyght:

Fangobra:
Did anybody else expect an "and yet, the armadillo" reference at the end?

Yeah, I was expecting that too. Hey, who didn't?

How stupid (like Jenny) do you have to be to be unable to determine loving or hateful acts?
(Shooting in the face =/= loving. Good example, Paul.)

Red Dead Going-to-Support-Group?.... Uh, thanks but no. Just no.
(Sounds even less appealing than Brown Alive Redemption.)

*Sigh* it's symbolic. It's supposed to signify that everything the bible-beaters are telling Jenny is "loving" is complete Bullcrap, but she believes it consciously (if not subconsciously) because she believes they know better.

That's the intro to RDR?? How lack-luster.
Nice vid, but could have probably used 2 parts.

Wow, a vehicle section that doesn't end with the protagonist contracting malaria or getting blown up. What a novel idea!

A DnD joke AND a mention of Alpha Centauri? Well played good sirs. MIND WORMS!

ewhac:

Steve Butts:

Respectfully, I think it was you who first compared hamsters to people, by describing them as "striking".

"Hey! Here's some critters that had the temerity to complain about their deplorable conditions. We called in some muscle and put an end to their impertinence real quick. Ha ha."

...Yeah. For me, not so much. Not after reading extensively about the Wisconsin protests all this month. (If you haven't, do read up on them. It's important.)

To be fair, their joke seemed to harken more to early labour organizing and the tugs that busted them up. The Wisconsin crowd was dispersed without violence.

As a slightly related note/tied in with the video... Doogie's best friend, Batman and the President of the US all singing.

Moriarty70:

ewhac:

To be fair, their joke seemed to harken more to early labour organizing and the tugs that busted them up.

Yes, and drawing allusions to that dark blot on our history is even less funny. When people weren't being killed by management-hired thugs for daring to organize, they were being killed by their unsafe working conditions.

The Wisconsin crowd was dispersed without violence.

You're correct that the protests have been entirely non-violent, but, um... The Wisconsin crowd hasn't dispersed. They're still there. Police estimate they topped 100,000 people this last weekend.

In Wisconsin.

For a month.

During the winter.

ewhac:
Yes, and drawing allusions to that dark blot on our history is even less funny. When people weren't being killed by management-hired thugs for daring to organize, they were being killed by their unsafe working conditions.

You're correct that the protests have been entirely non-violent, but, um... The Wisconsin crowd hasn't dispersed. They're still there. Police estimate they topped 100,000 people this last weekend.

In Wisconsin.

For a month.

During the winter.

I'll concede that was one of the many dark times. Maybe they should have gone the Russian route and have half the hamsters kill the other half. Not only do you get more future dicipline, but they can't blame you since they did the killing themselves.

Steve Butts:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.

Business as normal.

I think this makes the delay worth it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59924)