Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Fourth Wall Breaks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

nice start nice ending nice vibrator joke ( i bet u played that game lots of times didn't u? u naughty girl u)also nice belt :) that all from my love your vids :*

SimGrave:
Holy cow... X-Men's soft reset!
Never thought I'd see that mentioned in any list, or at all.
As if it never happened.

Back then, no internet to tell you what to do.
I went to that screen 5 times and turned off the console every time thinking it was a bug.
I was so pissed off!

No internet means the only ways to get the information were magazines and friends.
I don't remember where I got the info to do it, but even then I didn't trust my source.
5 times may not seem a lot... again... remember.
The game is freakin hard and as no save point.
So pressing the Reset button was a risk of losing everything... again!

Out of option, I did the reset thing that I was suggested to do.
And voilą... for the first time I could finish that mean mean mean game!
Which was a great game by the way.

I hear you, I could never figure out if it was genius or arse.

I want a bullet bill belt buckle!

Also, Arkham Asylum's Scarecrow 4th wall bit was probably one of my favourite moments in video games of late.

Where is Lisa's t-shirt from? I gotta get me one of those. Looks like a nasty Mario-mushroom-koopa-bobomb potion is a-brewing.

Cool belt buckle, I can't pull it off though

Okay, so I have taken some time off from Lisa Foiles Top 5 foils. Mainly because the first few were not that well done. Coming back I see that I should have stayed away. Yes Lisa Foiles is a good looking woman, but that is not enough to keep me coming back and watching this show.
When I think of this show,( and none if this is intended to insult or attack you Ms. Foils) I think that someone took a poo in five different paper bags, then took a poo on a piece of paper handed it to Lisa Foils to read and memorize (possibly poo on cue cards to read during recording) press record, edit and spit out. In the mean time the same person who took said poos is have another go at next weeks episode.
Case and point, a pretty lady is not enough to make a good show. The lists are dull, boring, and superficial. There is still hope here, I can feel it. However in typing the last sentence I had a mental image of myself feeling around in poo. Anyway Lisa Foiles whom ever is giving you poo and telling you to make a show out of it, say no more poo. Shape it up, you have something but you're just not there yet.
Best of Luck
Garrett

I hate you Lisa.

I hate you because you reminded me of a time when I liked pop music, before I became the arrogant, elitist music bastard that I am now. I remember loving the song you used in your Dawson's Creek parody, Evan and Jaron "Crazy for this girl", and in turn, I hated my past self....which is why I now hate you.

(The above was sarcasm, and if you couldn't tell, you have no sense of humor and/or need to get your sarcasm detector fixed.)

Ah...
The delete saves scene almost made me shit myself.
I still have nightmares about it.
Good times.

That should be your intro to the show from now on.

JourneyThroughHell:
Ooooh, I hated that Metal Gear Solid 4 moment. HATED IT. Rolled my eyes at it.

I already bought a PS3, guys, you don't have to advertise to me anymore.

A previous game they did the same thing I believe. Except the previous game wasn't on a PS3.

hahahahahahahahah hardy hah hah hardy hoo hahah haha THANKS LISA!

A vibrator joke? Really?
Could you objectify female gamers any more blatantly? Also, you're not fooling anyone with the belt.

*sigh* Otherwise, the video was good. You're at your best when you're not being a shameless attention whore and instead providing us with quality insight and witty commentary.

Yeah, you only gave Metal Gear #2 because you played it on the GameCube. Otherwise, you would've put it at #1.

You forgot Earthbound (Mother 2). I mean, come on. You have to kill the final boss yourself.

Also, awesome belt :o

As mentioned no Deadpool or Arkham Asylum jokes? Meh, your list, your way.

BUT BY GOD! The vibrator bit made me lose my shit, kinda subtle but still so well done.

"The place where your cat was killed by that low-flying plane." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Fucking hilarious!

Verlander:
I wonder if she's ever played any of the Discworld games? Discworld 2 could have featured in many of these videos

Terry Pratchett made video games? Are they good?

Heh. Eternal darkness can really mess with your head. (Though some of the effects fail because they display graphics inconsistent with what your TV would actually do. That's unavoidable obviously, since not all TV's work the same way.)

Still, I haven't seen too many sanity effects, because it's really not that hard to keep your sanity meter at 100%

(having your head fall off is always good for a laugh though. As was randomly turning into one of the monsters in the level for a bit.)

I'm dissapointed by no mention being made of Conker's bad fur day though. XD

That's full of it, from the subtle, to the blatant. (like the ending... Talk about blatantly breaking the 4th wall. He even physically taps on the screen...)

DugMachine:
Nice list this week! Well both of them, that wii list was awesome.

Wii bashing is the potty humor of video game commentary. You've hit rock bottom when you resort to it.

Also, Lisa didn't really do much to admit that the Number 1 on her list this time was a NINTENDO GAME, much less a FIRST PARTY Nintendo game. I think the Irony Meter just imploded, Miss Foiles.

I like the Wii...
Anyway awesome awesome video! Loving these Top 5s. I love in Chrono Trigger where you have to use the actual L-A-R-A buttons to save Lucca's mom. That was sheer, emotional brilliance.

Oh my god, the Dawson's Creek-y thing... even a parody of this crap made me all kinds of queasy...

Glad she mentioned the MGS things, they did quite a few nice things with the 4th Wall, e.g. also in MGS2 when the "Colonel" says you should stop playing because you had already played too long.

Another good one, actually for me the most effective one, was Arkham Asylum. One of Scarecrow's crazy visions simulated a graphics error. While I've seen my share of graphics errors and this one didn't .... "fit", look like any of the errors I'd seen, it still surprised me enough, schocked me enough to turn the game off immediately. ^^

Sylocat:
I too was wondering why the final scenes of No More Heroes didn't make it in. Perhaps those would have been spoilers?

Oho...that was great.

"You don't want this to be No More Heroes Forever do you?!"

Scrythe:
I approve of that Top 5 Wii list. Bag of dicks indeed.

Also, no Monkey Island? Bard's Tale? That quick little bit in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodline?

This might be stretching it a bit, but you can almost throw in BlazBlue as well...

I only started playing Blazblue recently, the non-canon endings in Continuum Shift are hilarious, the whole game is crazy and I love it.

Dawson's Creek references? How old do you think we are?

I'm disappointed Conker's Bad Fur Day didn't make the list. When you wait for a bit, Conker looks at the camera and says "Hey, what are you doing? Don't do that. You're gonna go blind!"

I was laughing up until the cheap gay joke about the Wii.

And I don't mean that it's necessarily offensive, it's just...not very funny. It's been done. A lot.

omfg I want a bullet Bill belt buckle!

This was hilarious. Loved it.

I think Lisa's starting to grow on me.

Sure, there's a lot of facepalm moments and they way she smiles stiffly before the launch of the main 'list' always makes me feel like she's trying to make me buy her things, but she does present some interesting topics.

Where is deadpool! He is the premier of the 4th wall breakers and both Ultimate alliance 1 & 2 had him breaking down the wall with a freaking wreaking ball....

my personal fav is when he is going to help you, but instead, since he isn't in your party yet decides the following.....

"Know what time it feels like? EPPPPIC BOSSSS FIGHT!"

That whole "Top five with a fourth wall" bit was one long shout out to the Amanda Show, wasn't it?

Lisa, SHE WILL NEVER LOVE YOU LIKE WE (read: I) DO.

Shame Arkham Asylum's interface screw didn't get a mention, I was already raging at the oncoming red ring before I realised what was actually happening
Also, Psychomantis terrified me as a child.

How did he know?

Fuloqwam:
Dawson's Creek references? How old do you think we are?

I'm disappointed Conker's Bad Fur Day didn't make the list. When you wait for a bit, Conker looks at the camera and says "Hey, what are you doing? Don't do that. You're gonna go blind!"

That's nothing. The entire ending to Conker's Bad Fur Day completely shattered the 4th Wall.

I was laughing up until the cheap gay joke about the Wii.

And I don't mean that it's necessarily offensive, it's just...not very funny. It's been done. A lot.

Not to mention the #1 reason on that list is the most shallow criticism you can give in justifying it, that it's not even funny joke about period. If I've learned anything from being a gamer for 20 years it's that graphics don't make the game and the advent of HD doesn't change that. If HD's so great, then why do most HD games I see look like shit? (coughKillzonecough)

beefpelican:

Verlander:
I wonder if she's ever played any of the Discworld games? Discworld 2 could have featured in many of these videos

They're old pc games, point and click monkey island style. I love them, but you need to think like Terry Pratchett to be able to solve some of the mysteries. Like I said, Discworld 2 is the best, it's available for cheap download on loads of sites, I'd heartily recommend them if you like a bit of a laugh and some brain teasers

I'm loving the way Lisa runs away like Jan Brady in the Brady Bunch movie. And the Wii top 5, priceless.

More mock shows!!!

I love the way Lisa runs. It looks just ... cute. xD

I think i've seen enough Degrassi parodies that I feel like i'm a regular watcher of the angst. I still laughed my ass of at it tho.

I think Contact's ending is still my favorite - awesome and makes you think!

Verlander:

beefpelican:

Verlander:

They're old pc games, point and click monkey island style. I love them, but you need to think like Terry Pratchett to be able to solve some of the mysteries. Like I said, Discworld 2 is the best, it's available for cheap download on loads of sites, I'd heartily recommend them if you like a bit of a laugh and some brain teasers

So I shall. And the first one is old enough to be on Abandonia! Yay!

what about jak3 ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Rr733vNcI

the only scene in any jak games that breaks the fourth wall (as far as I can remember)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here