Trailers: Batman: Arkham City Debut

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Frank_Sinatra_:
They should make an unlockable costume where you can re-play the game as the Adam West Batman.

That would be too awesome. They could probably get Adam West to do the voice for this unlockable too, which I'd find pretty funny.

I feel like saying that music was innapropriate and should have more of a Hans Zimmer, Dark Knight feel for the sake of principle but that would make me a fucking dick so I just have to admit that that music was awesome. Oh yeah, game looks great too and Harley very fap worthy yeah, but man that music is great.

*hums song*

Catwoman! Do want. She'll probably be playable in tandem with Bats. One feature I really liked the sound of when first mentioned in a magazine article was points where you'd be given a huge chunk of empty city that a group of armed goons would be released into to hunt you. You would pick them off one by one as they spread out, like the previous one's stealth segments scaled up.

I wonder if the 'it's all a lie' segment is another hint for the subplot they seem to be going with for Joker this time. At the end of the last trailer the guy was coughing his lungs out and Mark Hamill has made it clear this will be the last time he ever voices the Joker (VERY SAD FACE).

You can so tell this is going to be one of them rare sequels that is better than the original <3

By the way, i am disappointed Two Face isn't voiced by Tommy Lee Jones =\ that would be awesome.

Will be Pre-Ordering and picking this up on release day =D

OH HELL YES! Now show me some gameplay video! I really hope that the combat is similar to B:AA, as there was a simple elegance to it all.

Okay well that was beautiful and awesome and all that jazz...But I caught a slightly assassins creed vibe, not sure if that's good or bad.

I liked the music. Created a different vibe from previous versions of Batman, or even from Arkham Asylum. Hopefully the rest of the rest of the game also helps carve out it's own identity.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
We all know how cool villains are, though.

Dude, Assassin's Creed meets Spiderman!

YEEEESS!

Awesome trailer!

Yossarian1507:

edthehyena:
Though they still missed with Harley Quinn's costume.

Why? I like it much more than the costume from AA. Also, it looks like now we'll have a proper boss fight with her, which is good. That was seriously annoying, when instead of fighting her I just had to beat thousands of regular goons.

Anyway, looks great, I'll definitely buy it.

Also, what's the name of the song?

The song is Short Change Hero by The Heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6eSksEp27U

Isn't it strange how old timey music always sounds so appropriate for videos of flawless badasses being flawless and badass?

Agreed on the boss fight issue. Arkham Assylum made me feel like the goddamn batman, but the only boss that made me feel like I was at all in danger was Scarecrow. Which was a shame, given all that they could have done with Bane, Crock and Joker.

Nooners:

And who the hell was voicing Two-Face?!?! Didn't sound right to me...

Imdb is saying David Kaye. He's done lots of voice work before, so I'm willing to give him a try. It sounded like they were trying to do mobster Two Face, not tragic fallen Harvey Dent Two Face.

Woodsey:
Terrible trailer, gameplay itself looks great though.

Terrible trailer?! Do elaborate. I thought it was pretty damn good. Showed the kind of setting we're seeing, showed what kind of new moves Bats is getting, showed some of our new allies and enemies and all set under a...interesting soundtrack. Really, if you ask me this is everything a trailer needs to be.

too much awesome for one game...and its a week after my birthday...drool...also...quinn looks hott...like whoa...

Zom-B:
As long as there's not a lot of invisible walls boxing you into a small area of the city, this looks really good. And as long as you can enter a decent amount of the buildings. One of my biggest peeves in game is to have these huge, detailed, rich environments yet for some reason the character is unable to open a simple door. I understand why this is, but it's just annoying.

It also looks like the new detective vision might use some sort of pulse effect, rather than a persistent overlay. I think this will be a change for the better.

Well, you could enter all of the buildings in matrix online. That worked out pretty well!

I kid, I kid.

It does look good, though.

Tinq:
Want the game. Want the song, too. And what's wrong with Harley's costume? It goes more with the leathery, skin on pavement feel of these Arkham games.

Wrong? Are you kidding me? When she bent over in the last game I almost had a heart-attack. There's NOTHING wrong with that costume <3

My pants are so tight right now. And not just from Harley Quinn.

Frank_Sinatra_:
They should make an unlockable costume where you can re-play the game as the Adam West Batman.

Awesome idea. Especially if big 'BOW" and "BLAM" marquee's fly across the screen as you combo during fights. Could make it harder to time things.

Gah, Batman, you are so cool but you really need to drop the 'I cannot kill -no matter what- mantra! It's causing more harm than good!'

In other news, that trailer is fantastic. Game looks pretty great.

Very end of the trailer

Joker: So... do you wanna know how I got these scars?

Batman: I know exactly how you got those scars. I falcon punched you at the end of the last game.

Joker: Look, can you please just let me do this? It doesn't have the same appeal if I just stick the knife in your mouth...

antipunt:
Gah, Batman, you are so cool but you really need to drop the 'I cannot kill -no matter what- mantra! It's causing more harm than good!'

No he does not. His staunch moral code is what makes him Batman. It's part of why he's awesome.

ZombieGenesis:

Daaaah Whoosh:
I still don't understand why it doesn't just take place in Gotham.

Either way, it looks pretty good, although if they make the place too big, they'll run into the problem many games have with the sheer number of enemies it'd take to keep things interesting.

I'm pretty sure Arkham City *IS* Gotham...
Isn't it? That was my understanding.

Essentially. Arkham City is a walled off section of Gotham's slums that's being used to house the inmates of Arkham Asylum and Blackwater Detention Facility.

OT: HOOOOOOLLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT! This is looking amazing so far. I can't wait until October.

Liquid Paradox:

Zom-B:
As long as there's not a lot of invisible walls boxing you into a small area of the city, this looks really good. And as long as you can enter a decent amount of the buildings. One of my biggest peeves in game is to have these huge, detailed, rich environments yet for some reason the character is unable to open a simple door. I understand why this is, but it's just annoying.

It also looks like the new detective vision might use some sort of pulse effect, rather than a persistent overlay. I think this will be a change for the better.

Well, you could enter all of the buildings in matrix online. That worked out pretty well!

I kid, I kid.

It does look good, though.

I wish I got the joke. :( Not familiar with the game at all. Though I did look at some gameplay vids and it looked kind of interesting.

No sign of the Penguin just yet. That could be a sell for me.

Cowabungaa:

Woodsey:

Terrible trailer?! Do elaborate. I thought it was pretty damn good. Showed the kind of setting we're seeing, showed what kind of new moves Bats is getting, showed some of our new allies and enemies and all set under a...interesting soundtrack. Really, if you ask me this is everything a trailer needs to be.

It felt like a checklist had been used to make it, and I'll take your "interesting" to mean bad, which it was.

Nothing gelled at all. Like I said, the actual content looked great.

beefpelican:

Nooners:

And who the hell was voicing Two-Face?!?! Didn't sound right to me...

Imdb is saying David Kaye. He's done lots of voice work before, so I'm willing to give him a try. It sounded like they were trying to do mobster Two Face, not tragic fallen Harvey Dent Two Face.

Mobster Two-Face...interesting. Always viewed Dent as more of a fallen hero, personally, so time to welcome change, I guess. Thanks for the intel.

Zechnophobe:

Frank_Sinatra_:

Awesome idea. Especially if big 'BOW" and "BLAM" marquee's fly across the screen as you combo during fights. Could make it harder to time things.

Captcha: Macc Mifth. Pretty decent tongue-twister.

YESSSSSSSS!!!! DO IT!!!

That looks awesome!

Also, that has got to be the most unexpected soundtrack song ever.

That trailer was pretty awesome and nice use of the music, odd but effective.

Also, I think Harley & Catwoman are sexay!

Comes out 5 days after my birthday. Cant wait!

Jesus this Shogun game must have a big promo budget. We have to sit through a pre-video trailer AND have the stupid pop-out box ad surrounding it. It is also currently taking up the entire main page of the Steam store.

As for the video... well, it looks pretty much exactly the same as Arkham Asylum. This isn't to say that I'm not still madly excited about the game, but as far as showcasing new impressive stuff, I don't think it does so great.

Hmm...Brink in a couple months, this in October, and Skyrim Sword in November?

My 360 is going to be getting a lot of unexpected love this year.

Superhyperactiveman:

antipunt:

No he does not. His staunch moral code is what makes him Batman. It's part of why he's awesome.

Batman is awesome, but I just wish he could make some sort of 'pact'. Like, "if the guy in question repeatedly escapes and has a kill count of over a couple hundred, I can off him". ((ie: Joker and friends.)) Comics would be a heck of a lot more boring, but hey! one less homicidal maniac amirite?

Woodsey:

Cowabungaa:

Woodsey:

It felt like a checklist had been used to make it, and I'll take your "interesting" to mean bad, which it was.

Did you not like the music itself or did you think it didn't fit with Batman.

Also as far as the checklist goes, does that really make it bad? They're just trying to show you as much as possible.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Joker portrait in the background at the end looked like it was lifted directly from the Arkham Asylum graphic novel. If so, awesomesauce.

Superhyperactiveman:
Very end of the trailer

Batman: I know exactly how you got those scars. I falcon punched you at the end of the last game.

Joker: Look, can you please just let me do this? It doesn't have the same appeal if I just stick the knife in your mouth...

Bravo! XD

Superhyperactiveman:
Very end of the trailer

+1 Internets to you, clever guy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)