Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 In-Game Songs

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Ironically, throughout that entire video I was, in fact, drinking a beer.
Second, I love Guinness. And third, I learnt another beer song.
All-in-all, a very well spent few minutes of my life.

Time to play Bard's Tale.

Why would you ever choose the "good" options, again?

Flash games are still games right? If so this should be an honourable mention!

Too cute.

CardinalPiggles:
queen ftw

also, still alive should have been no1, so origonal.

Agreed. I also would have put "Still Alive" as No.1.

No love for Mordin's Gilbert and Sullivan? :(
Also, fuck yeah Newcastle Brown. Brilliant choice.

You drink Brown Ale Lisa?
I am overcome in Geordie-Geek Love.

Void(null):
Did you know: The Beer, Beer, Beer song is actually an old Royal Navy song and its first recording was made back in 1950?

Waddles:

Definatly. The combination of game and song is pure ingenious awesomecake.

The majority of your t-shirts are too short, you know that right ? xD

Howler54:
The majority of your t-shirts are too short, you know that right ? xD

Nah, you have no idea of fashion, they are just right.
And that stretching move....mmm I'd like to write some metaphor but nothing comes to mind that wouldn't get me another warning.
I didn't even know of the monkey island 3 song until i downloaded the game in english, they cut it out of the german version (which i bought when it came out, no internet back then :<).

edit: She's not really tipsy after one bottle is she?

Jamienra:
Personally I love the Black&White Sailors song. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0x4Kw_y4fg

Yeah, I can't believe it wasn't included in this Top 5! As soon as I read what this T5's subject was, I immediately though "Sailors' song, B&W".

Great top 5's,I'm surprised the Bard's tale beer song made it there,one of my favorites of all time and very catchy song.

Was that a Newcastle Brown Ale!!!!One of my favourite beers!!!

Haderos:
edit: She's not really tipsy after one bottle is she?

Well she is a yank drinking a real beer. :)

no great mighty poo?
since i love parappa i'll let it slide

maybe this shoulda been a two-part top 10.

Fetzenfisch:

Void(null):
Did you know: The Beer, Beer, Beer song is actually an old Royal Navy song and its first recording was made back in 1950?

Waddles:

Definatly. The combination of game and song is pure ingenious awesomecake.

That was fantastic insight into the beer song. Thanks for that. I like knowing more about where songs like this come from. =D

Now I must learn all of the lyrics and sing this with my buddies.

Gotta love Bard's Tale, was hilarious, though the "bad luck to be you" songs were my favourites

deffs my new fav now since shes drinkin nukie brown

It's a shame the Captain Qwark Opera from Secret Agent Clank didn't make the list. Now that's a funny song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nis3vwzB44Y

Kwan:

Moriarty70:
Room Temp, Guinness should be served room temp.

Really? Reallyreallyreally? Cos I think that'd taste absolutely vile.

I agree, It tastes horrible at room temp X(

Good choice on the beer, nothin is better than Newcastle Brown Ale

The fact that she drinks Newcastle is mad hot, just sayin.

I was hoping to see the great mighty poo song from conker's bad fur day. sadness....

I agree with Comic Jumper, but since I have a friend named Brad maybe I'm a little biased.

The better question is why their aim always sucks.
Also you do know in Ireland youd be executed for calling that american piss water "Guiness". And for drinking it cold! :P

Anyway, no love for the classic Life is Beautiful?

Oh and special mention to Conkers Bad Fur Day.

That's probably the most misleading title ever. "Top 5 In-Game Songs" on the front page and "Top 5 Funniest In-Game Songs" in the actual video. That's a pretty big difference D:

I know people who were singing the ode to Charlie Mopp's in South London folk clubs long before d-pads were used

I liked the list. "Still Alive" seems to be in the right spot and it made me check out games I never heard of.

Damn though, by the amount of comments about people adding songs u should have put in, you might as well have had a top 10.

Although, they still might be upset about the list. You can't please everyone...'sigh'

If you wanted a Jonathon Coulton song in a game besides Still Alive, you could have included re: brains from Left 4 Dead2. Granted it is a kinda secret song, but I sometimes stop in the middle of a wave of zombies and switch the jukebox on just to hear it.

woo XD

funny, smart, and easy on the eyes -- this we knew. Sings and plays guitar... and drinks beer? A sextuple threat!! Which isn't as dirty as that word would make it seem. Love the series from the beginning... love that it's only 5 which will spark debate every time.

Love the Queen t-shirt! Now we know Lisa also knows her way around music outside games ;)

Wait, Still Alive was 5th??? WTF??? That's sacrelige!!
You did miss the poop song and a scientist salarian as have been mentioned, much better than some of the songs you mentioned. Nope, I do not agree with this list. But hey, it's all opinions anyways.

letterbomber223:
Newcastle brown ale isn't beer! it's ALE! And Guiness is stout - a kind of ALE! NOT BEER!

Beer fail, Lisa. Double Beer fail.
And the beer song was around before Bard's tale. (Triple Beer fail!)

Actually, it's YOU who do the beer fail. ALES ARE BEER. STOUTS ARE BEER.

Ale is just a subgenre of beer which is fermented with ale yeast (top fermented, the yeast floats on the top of the fermenting brew) at relatively high temperatures.

The other subgenres are lagers (bottom fermented, the yeast sinks to the bottom of the fermenting vessel) and the spontaneously fermented styles where the yeast is not added by the brewer, but is wild yeast that comes naturally from the air that surrounds the open fermenting vessels.

The reason Guinness is served cold is because people don't like beer that tastes a lot, which Guinness really doesn't do at any temperature, but least of all when it's cold. That way it tastes least offensive, so the people who don't actually like the taste of beer can drink it. It's definitely like the Spears and Bieber of stouts, watered and cooled down for the masses.

I've seen way better beer on this show though, seem to remember a bottle of Rogue ales here and there.

Sorry for going completely nuts with this, but beer is my hobby and passion.

Also, jesus h. christ, that shirt was amazing on Lisa.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here