Critical Miss: Connor Morgan

Pages PREV 1 2

1. Erin = Smexy
2. Corpse fort scares me.

Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."

Drummie666:
Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."

The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response every time Connor wants to do something retarded/out right unethical.

"No, Connor! This stuff is inhumane!"
"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

That pretty much sums every interaction Connor has with every character. Connor tells them to do something retarded, they protest, he tells them to do it again. They do it. This reaches ridiculous heights (pun intended) when he demands Hopper throws himself from a helicopter onto a speeding tanker.

The only thing he ever seemed to do right was his "last action".

I haven't even played Homefront and I fucking lol'd.

omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!

Well, now we know: Erin's rat is Picatinny-rail compatible!

Seriously, you never know when knowledge like that might come in handy.

Also, more reason for me to wait until Homefront hits the $20 mark, I suppose.

Celtic_Kerr:
Yeah, I noticed the Koreans landed in one area of the entire football field. Hell, they could have hidden behind or in the truck...

I remember the Koreans shooting the bodies, and they just happen to shoot at the very edges of the pile, never shooting anywhere near you

I noticed that too, it was fucking ridiculous, I have a feeling I know the next comic will about, MORE of Homefront's stupidity.

Soviet Heavy:
Don't worry about Connor. You can thank him later.

Well I'll just thank him now, thank you Connor, thank you for removing yourself from the genepool.

HankMan:
3rd Panel: Guns don't have eyes!

That's a rat on the gun.

Welp, looks like there is no need for me to play Homefront any more.

Connor's so manly he maintains that same look even after being blown in half.

icyneesan:
God I hated Connor. He was like a bad idea factory.

Ajna:
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.

Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3

It's less of an "invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead", and more of an "invisible slip n' slide surrounding the area where the next door is, that only appears when your allies finally deign to show up".

Grey Carter:

Drummie666:

The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response

..it's much more fun to play the game when you realise that all of them are members of the "Completely Clueless Party" (CCP), rather than the traditional kind of political movement.

Seriously, though - they're put in a situation where they have the opportunity to live out their token political convictions. One is about to get shot in the lobes while praying for their life, the other becomes a fanatical murderer.

Great comic this week, by the way. Smiles and laughs.

I agree with the first and last thingies. But the second? That wasn't Connor's fault. Hopper misfired the second round.

And why does the girl STILL HAVE SIDEBURNS?!

Sir John the Net Knight:

Maybe you guys can do a comic about what a piece of shit Magicka is?

It is more fun if you have some friends to play with and are somewhat drunk/smashed.

lol Americans!

Am... am I too late?

only the last thing really stands IMO
they coulda (probably did) check the trucks and the whole friendly FIRE thing wasn't exactly Connor's fault(?)
the last one...well the man sure was impulsive and ruthless (reckless)

yep it's true he is an idiot

TheSYLOH:
Also.. WHY DID CONNOR HAVE TO KILL GOLIATH!

He was the only character I liked.

I have to agree, why not put the C4 on a semi trailer and tape a brick to the accelerator? I saw plenty of those. They could hold more explosives as well, and why did i need to shoot him with a conveniantly placed RPG? They could have used triggers.

Also why did the bombers need flares to see a platoon of tanks? It's a fucking bridge, not many places for them to hide. he at least could have lit the flare where he was and said here, but more forwards. and why didn't the tanks just blast his sorry ass off the edge? It seemed like they just let him run between them holding a flare and yelling 'bomb this thing!'.

Geo Da Sponge:
Second panel: I have a fort made of corpses, your argument is invalid.

Lawls

icyneesan:

Ajna:
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.

Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3

Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.

The bodies were better just solely for you having no time,the phosphorous is shiny and therefore necessary and I thought it was the main character who kicks the bucket.lol at the comic though

Grey Carter:

Drummie666:

The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response every time Connor wants to do something retarded/out right unethical.

"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

That pretty much sums every interaction Connor has with every character. Connor tells them to do something retarded, they protest, he tells them to do it again. They do it. This reaches ridiculous heights (pun intended) when he demands Hopper throws himself from a helicopter onto a speeding tanker.

Gotta love how the dude manages to near monkey-arm his way in though.

WanderingFool:

icyneesan:

Ajna:

Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.

I have to agree there.With that one phosphorous mission,I actually glitched past the two into the tower top and had to restart when nothing happened for 10 minutes.

no no I stand by what I said earlier, only the third and last part was Connor's own doing/fault hahaha
specifically, the second was all Hopper's...

but his expression in this comic is making me laugh so hard I dunno why hahahaha

winter2:
omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!

LOL he should seriously just come back in Homefront 2 (if it happens) and just be like

"what, you think a few bombs can kill me? quit fucking around and throw yourself at those tanks over there!!!"

sorry... who is THAT GUY???

Eric the Orange:
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but when did Erin gain a bottom lip?

5 pages ago.

I do have to say that the art has defenatly gotten quite good and I even though this is funny still does not make homefront good.

Connor's face is priceless.

I really like the new art style for Erin. I hope you guys stick with this style for the future.

EDIT: I should mention that I have read the comic numerous times just because I like the art so much. I haven't done that with any of the previous issues of Critical Miss.

No. Stop. Think of the children.

"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

lol it is true that Connor always seems to get his way but at least the other characters argue with him a little bit, I mean in MW2 Price lets off a freaking nuke and all you do is the equivalent of Family Guys 'Ohhh Nooooo' Guy.

Have to say, really enjoying Homefront in general. My only disappointments are seeing how things could of been made alot better with a little more time and effort. Like when the Oasis gets nuked, if you had done a few more missions from there first and had time to build up any kind of relationship with the place/people it could of been a really striking image to come back to. As it was it was more of a

'Meh, gotta find some new place to store our shit Oh hey dude we only met for 5 minutes, sucks your dead and all'

Still I'd rather be disappointed that a game left me wanting more then because a game flat out sucked.

TheSYLOH:
Also.. WHY DID CONNOR HAVE TO KILL GOLIATH!

He was the only character I liked.

He wasn't much of a cliche.
He was obviously the most effective fighter in the entire resistance.
He never speaks and thus has the best dialogue of all characters.

R.I.P sweet rolling robotic prince!

The only thing worse was Goliath's North Korean twin brother tried to get his just revenge, and the game forced us to put him down.
That was personally the most difficult thing for me to do in the entire game.

I had a nickname for Goliath...I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker the 2nd...but I never got a chance to tell him! He served us well, he will be remember...

This basically sums the game up for me. One bad decision after another.

In all honesty all I remember about the story while playing this game is how much I didn't care about it. Hell I'm not even sure why I bought it now.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here